Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The fact that you could have a 'cooler retrofitted at a dealer is loving fantastic and more car makers need to design vehicles with that provision; it seems like an awesome opportunity to market after-sales to people with an obsolescent model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Vovlo's intercooler cools the air before it enters the turbo? How does that work? Shouldn't that say before entering the intake manifold or something?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

BoostCreep posted:

Vovlo's intercooler cools the air before it enters the turbo? How does that work? Shouldn't that say before entering the intake manifold or something?

Probably!

Dufrane
Jun 6, 2002

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Is that a legit M5? I think I have seen that dude.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Wrong thread.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Octopus Magic posted:

Wrong thread.

A V10 E60 M5 with some Dinan parts thrown on it isn't awesome? I want to know what planet you live on. Yes, the 'murdered out' and chrome Dinan V10 is tasteless but still.

edit: Oh, wait, you. Nevermind.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BlackMK4 posted:

A V10 E60 M5 with some Dinan parts thrown on it isn't awesome? I want to know what planet you live on. Yes, the 'murdered out' and chrome Dinan V10 is tasteless but still.

If it is the guy I have seen before the car is scary loud and quick as hell.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

BlackMK4 posted:

Is it really?

All I see is a BMW with sprayed tails, a V10 DIIIIINAN sticker. I can stickercharge too.

http://www.dinancars.com/dinanbadge.aspx

I'm sorry but this is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

BlackMK4 posted:

The chrome is tacky but I dig the German ///M. Also dig the fact its a Dinan tuned v10.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

BlackMK4 posted:

I am pretty sure that is a fake Dinan badge.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Now this is a cool BMW.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Belldandy posted:

I'd agree, it's just the sentiment of a v10 sedan not being awesome. :v:

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

Take a 4-eyed boxy family sedan and add an intercooled turbo, you say?

Vigo327 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 26, 2013

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

^I have a feeling I know what you're posting. Something rather... Grand?

E: D'aww... gently caress IT I'M GONNA POST IT THEN

And the mack daddy of them all:

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 26, 2013

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

Fucknag posted:

^I have a feeling I know what you're posting. Something rather... Grand?

Pretty close! Same year anyway... Heh.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Belldandy posted:

I saw (and heard) something dinan-badged the other day. It said "380i" on it, along with the badges. The motor sure sounded angry.

Did BMW make an 8.0 that Dinan would drop into a 3-series? Looked about 2005 body style.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Octopus Magic posted:

Now this is a cool BMW.

God drat.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I saw (and heard) something dinan-badged the other day. It said "380i" on it, along with the badges. The motor sure sounded angry.

Did BMW make an 8.0 that Dinan would drop into a 3-series? Looked about 2005 body style.

No and Dinan doesn't do that kinda stuff - more of a Hartge thing.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

a glorious hole posted:

First C7 just showed up at the GM dealership here.

Anyone else thinking the C7's cockpit is very GT-R?

here is some content:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

a glorious hole posted:

First C7 just showed up at the GM dealership here.

At the last two ALMS races they've had some on display. The yellow ones with black grills look amazing.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What's the thing to the left of the alternator driven by mysterybelt?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This is pretty cool, not really a fan of mixing Chevy and Ford parts, but the final product would probably leave me apathetic.

http://www.carthrottle.com/equus-bass-700-say-hello-to-your-new-favourite-muscle-car/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRJfS9sfyIk

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Dry sump pump.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Three-stage dry sump oil pump. That is a ridiculous build.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I thought it might be something with a direct injection fuel pump but then I figured that they wouldn't drive that with a belt and the fittings probably wouldn't be black or in that count.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Speaking of the C7

Woah Momma.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Vigo327 posted:

So speaking of massive chrome rims and Texas car culture, back in May my city (San Antonio) had massive flooding (like what they're talking about in Boulder, CO recently), including 12" of rainfall over part of one day. Suddenly massive rims had some relevance.

Everything's coming up Trillhouse!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Octopus Magic posted:

Now this is a cool BMW.
Hmm, I've never seen an E30 go with the E46 "stretched arch" look rather than the E30 M3 "box" arches, it actually works really nicely.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Octopus Magic posted:

Speaking of the C7

Woah Momma.

Probably the C7.R, I want one.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Belldandy posted:

Probably the C7.R, I want one.

Yep, C7.R. According to the team people I spoke to last weekend in Austin it's coming along nicely.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I thought it might be something with a direct injection fuel pump but then I figured that they wouldn't drive that with a belt and the fittings probably wouldn't be black or in that count.

I think aftermarket DI controllers are barely on shelves, I only know of the MoTec one and its not anywhere near feasible for anyone other than multi million dollar race programs. It certainly isn't MegaSquirt.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant, but my knowledge in cars doesn't go past F1. What is the name of this car? It's the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Camoes posted:

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant, but my knowledge in cars doesn't go past F1. What is the name of this car? It's the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

Jaaag XKE.

Thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3561723

wallaka fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 26, 2013

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Camoes posted:

That's because it's the most beautiful car ever made.

Per above, that's a Jaguar XKE.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Octopus Magic posted:

Speaking of the C7

Woah Momma.

In my head it's singing Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More"...

to everyone else in the GT Le Mans class.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Thanks! I thought it was familiar, but I didn't knew where I saw it first...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66owXqZaexs

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRbhEu60jrw

crank the volume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost