Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blinkyzero
Oct 15, 2012

Atopian posted:

Heh, true!

But, right now I have a cunning and elaborate filter system for the endless waves of spam, which is "do they write / speak in English?"
Although, I guess the number of spam-type companies willing to send international calls and texts is probably quite low...

Old habits, etc.

simplefish will fail the written part of the filter because he can't spell simple words like color correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
If anyone in Chengdu, Xi'an or Shanghai wants me to bring them something from Canada as I pass through now's your last chance to ask!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I could go for some real maple syrup. And a bag of actual coffee beans that don't cost $texas would be awesome if you got the room! As long as you're in Chengdu on a weekend I can pay you in beer or yak dumplings or whatever.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Grand Fromage posted:

I could go for some real maple syrup. And a bag of actual coffee beans that don't cost $texas would be awesome if you got the room! As long as you're in Chengdu on a weekend I can pay you in beer or yak dumplings or whatever.

I'll see what I can do!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ceciltron posted:

If anyone in Chengdu, Xi'an or Shanghai wants me to bring them something from Canada as I pass through now's your last chance to ask!

I'm in Shenzhen but I could do with a whole frozen turkey. They're quite expensive here.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

fart simpson posted:

I'm in Shenzhen but I could do with a whole frozen turkey. They're quite expensive here.

Sorry I only get mine fresh from the farm out in Saint Clin-Clin des Meumeux, and you have to order them in advance. If only you'd asked a month ago!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Can you get a kilo of fresh tomatillos up there?

mrgoodtrips
Jun 15, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

I've bought them for home and office and had good experiences. They're way cheaper than the competition too. I recommend them.

Have you seen any in stores? I haven't figured out how to use Taobao yet.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Ceciltron posted:

I'll see what I can do!

Cool beans. If they're all the same the biggest bag of medium roast you are willing to carry would be rad. But I'm not picky I'd be happy with whatever!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

smartairfilters.com/

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Can you bring me democracy please? I want to vote

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
You can already vote for one of the establishment pre-approved choices, citizen! Just like in the West, amirite? :-P

In other news, good meetup was good. Now, back to Kunshan and my unwise employment...

blinkyzero
Oct 15, 2012

caberham posted:

Can you bring me democracy please? I want to vote

Well gosh darn it everyone gets pissed off when America tries to do this!

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Hugs not bombs, blinkyzero

blinkyzero
Oct 15, 2012

poo poo, I knew there was some minor thing about the delivery that needed to be tweaked.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Hugs over Bagdad sounds like a bad song, though

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Maybe the truth is in the middle? Bugs? Should we give people democracy with bugs?

blinkyzero
Oct 15, 2012

Your mom's bug is democratic.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Ceciltron posted:

100, but I am perhaps a tad zealous in protecting my breathing apparatus from coal pollution.

I'd usually start around 200, but if i was running id wear one at 150.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Please bring the Quebecest thing to Hong Kong and give it to me. I don't know anything about Quebec beyond the fact that it's France so this should be fun for me.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Bloodnose posted:

Please bring the Quebecest thing to Hong Kong and give it to me. I don't know anything about Quebec beyond the fact that it's France so this should be fun for me.

The most quebec thing about quebec is a sense of smugness and superiority too all other people on the planet afaik.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I have a Nordiques Joe Sakic jersey and it owns FWIW

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Magna Kaser posted:

The most quebec thing about quebec is a sense of smugness and superiority too all other people on the planet afaik.

Alternatively, a bag of poutine

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
In canada they sell poutine in bags!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I think you're mistaken, in Canada poutine is free, along with healthcare and housing.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
In Canada, they sell healthcare in bags!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Poutine is bad.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I wouldn't know since I've never been to Canada, but it looks pretty awful.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

goldboilermark posted:

I have a Nordiques Joe Sakic jersey and it owns FWIW

You are awesome and long live Burnaby Joe

blinkyzero
Oct 15, 2012

fart simpson posted:

Poutine is bad.

Is this rightposting? Because it's a pretty right post.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Vomit

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Poutine is the best bar food and if you disagree you are indescribably wrong.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Looked poutine up and it doesn't look that bad. Good combination of carbs and fat along with the acidity of the vinegar in the gravy. I'd try it.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Poutine is the best bar food and if you disagree you are indescribably wrong.

Good post. The rest of you can gently caress off.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The pro poutine move though is don't cover it with gravy, have the gravy in a pool on the side so the cheese melts onto the fries and the fries don't get soggy halfway through.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
If any of you want Saint-Hubert Poutine sauce or Hot Chicken sauce I can bring the sauce packets for y'all to make your own poutines.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

poo poo yeah.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

caberham posted:

long live Burnaby Joe

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Ceciltron posted:

If any of you want Saint-Hubert Poutine sauce or Hot Chicken sauce I can bring the sauce packets for y'all to make your own poutines.

Coming from the land of cheesy chips with gravy, and given that I liked poutine when I had it in Montreal,,and knowing that, I will be sure to see you in Hong Kong, only one question remains: where do I get the cheese curds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

simplefish posted:

Coming from the land of cheesy chips with gravy, and given that I liked poutine when I had it in Montreal,,and knowing that, I will be sure to see you in Hong Kong, only one question remains: where do I get the cheese curds?

taobao, probably. Cheese curds are basically just unripened cheddar that hasn't been pressed into blocks yet. So you can get away with a very very fresh cheddar.