Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Hillary is still having her time of the month at her age I would consider that additional proof that she is some type of super human who must be both equally respected and feared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm looking forward to biology 101 replies since she's 68... especially when those replies are levied at republicans on the science subcommittee.

Given how keen many Republicans were to show that they don't know how birth control works, I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

I'd speculate on what pills they think women are taking every time they have sex with one of them, but I feel like that would get really dark and horrifying pretty quickly.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Hillary is still having her time of the month at her age I would consider that additional proof that she is some type of super human who must be equally respected and feared.

Exactly. It's the same thing with Republicans telling people that Obama is a time-traveling mass murderer without realizing that plenty of us are fine with voting for Doctor Who.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Okay, I'm gonna ask... Who's Dave Bruebeck?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/evan_mcmullin/status/784042998845755393

McMullin is a presidential candidate in the same way a group of six-year-olds playing plastic toy instruments in their friends' backyards is a touring rock band.

Susana Martinez finally decided on how he was going to spite Trump.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Hillary is still having her time of the month at her age I would consider that additional proof that she is some type of super human who must be equally respected and feared.

Yes, the known super power of "still has your body periodically forcibly eject eggs in a process involving unpleasant amounts of blood."

I think she would prefer the "ability to murder random irrelevant people with her mind powers and army of ninjas," imo.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Yeah, the guy who was sniffling into the mic constantly at the first debate has definitely never gotten sick.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Kro-Bar posted:

Jazz musician of some note.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Kro-Bar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Given how keen many Republicans were to show that they don't know how birth control works, I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

I'd speculate on what pills they think women are taking every time they have sex with one of them, but I feel like that would get really dark and horrifying pretty quickly.

I'm guessing the majority of people of both parties, most specifically men, don't know how birth control works due to intentional misinformation spread by pro-life groups along with the politicians and media that support them. Tons of people think that plan-B mainly works by causing fertilized eggs to not attach to the uterus.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Kro-Bar posted:

A musician: http://www.davebrubeck.com/

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Kro-Bar posted:

Arguably the greatest white jazz musician.

You know him from this:

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Radish posted:

I'm guessing the majority of people of both parties, most specifically men, don't know how birth control works due to intentional misinformation spread by pro-life groups along with the politicians and media that support them. Tons of people think that plan-B mainly works by causing fertilized eggs to not attach to the uterus.

I hate that you have a really good point there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Phone posted:

You seriously doubt that Killer Mike and RTJ don't have a significant number of woke rear end tumblr teens in their fan base?

significant?

Based on what scale?

On a presidential election scale? No they don't have a significant number of fans like that.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm looking forward to biology 101 replies since she's 68... especially when those replies are levied at republicans on the science subcommittee.

Reminding these people that menopause is a thing that exists will do no good since they have no shame whatsoever about being factually wrong, and pointing out that they're wrong makes you an elitist and therefore just as wrong.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

>jazz

>musician.

pick one

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Piss off

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

A Winner is Jew posted:

She addressed this on Between Two Ferns. I hope she actually has a stack of pamphlets.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

This is the worst opinion I have ever seen.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kro-Bar posted:

Some singer dude WJC likes. I dunno.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Hillary Clinton's War on Coal creates its first political prisoner.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Ah yes, jazz, one of the most important foundational and vivid artistic movements in modern American culture, totally not legitimate music. Holy poo poo dude.

Also passive aggressively racist. Yes of course the famously black originated music genre doesn't count. :allears:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Reminding these people that menopause is a thing that exists will do no good since they have no shame whatsoever about being factually wrong, and pointing out that they're wrong makes you an elitist and therefore just as wrong.

Oh I know it won't do them any good, but everyone else will laugh and women who vote in midterm elections will care.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Kro-Bar posted:

Some singer who wjc loves. I dunno.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This guy is worse than that rear end in a top hat who said class warfare against the rich is like the Holocaust since he's responsible for killing 29 people and whining about a year sentence for that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Is it bad that if he want's to claim status as a political prisoner I wish we would transfer him to Gitmo?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Hillary is still having her time of the month at her age I would consider that additional proof that she is some type of super human who must be both equally respected and feared.

I would also vote for a Parkinson's addled Hillary over Trump.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 6, 2016

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Winner is Jew posted:

Is it bad that if he want's to claim status as a political prisoner I wish we would transfer him to Gitmo?

Yeah that's kind of hosed up.

But that guy should never be allowed to run any kind of business again and definitely should be in jail for more than a year. loving conspiracy to violate safety standards, 29 good working people died for him to make a little bit of extra money. gently caress that guy.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

lozzle posted:

She's a conservative columnist. Take a guess.

She's just repeating Reagan's famous line: "Mr. Gorbachev, this wall works!!!"

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Yeah, the guy who was sniffling into the mic constantly at the first debate has definitely never gotten sick.

That's the cocaine talking, my friend.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My local barcade is going to be having the next debate on and are having drink specials while it is going on. To make things more fun, they are giving serious consideration to having popcorn available to throw at the TV when a candidate(aka Trump) says something really stupid(aka opens his mouth).

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Lightning Knight posted:

Do you think we'd actually get the ERA?

If we don't, why can't we use the 14th Amendment to establish the same precedent? I realize the symbolic importance and the importance of enshrining its permanence, but in the short-term we could have the stop gap of the 14th, no?

Bringing this back up, we couldn't without a wholesale change in 14th Amendment jurisprudence. Currently, courts read the 14th to impose strict scrutiny on government programs that delineate based on race, while they impose intermediate scrutiny on those that delineate by gender. *Insert long spiel about the various differences between the scrutiny standards and the different contexts in which they appear and what they force the government to do here, but it basically boils down to how important what you're trying to do is and how closely race/gender is related to it* The ERA has always been read as intended to establish a strict scrutiny test for gender delineations, so that it would require as good of a justification to achieve as important of a goal to delineate by gender as it currently does to do so by race.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

A Winner is Jew posted:

I would prefer a lobotomy on him personally.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

JohnCompany posted:

Bringing this back up, we couldn't without a wholesale change in 14th Amendment jurisprudence. Currently, courts read the 14th to impose strict scrutiny on government programs that delineate based on race, while they impose intermediate scrutiny on those that delineate by gender. *Insert long spiel about the various differences between the scrutiny standards and the different contexts in which they appear and what they force the government to do here, but it basically boils down to how important what you're trying to do is and how closely race/gender is related to it* The ERA has always been read as intended to establish a strict scrutiny test for gender delineations, so that it would require as good of a justification to achieve as important of a goal to delineate by gender as it currently does to do so by race.

Hm. I wonder if a liberal court could change that.

I am not saying we don't need the ERA, mind you. Just that in the meantime we could finagle something different. Maybe not, though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pick posted:

He's basically Evil Hillary. There's a certain kind of politician who is very good "at politics" but doesn't actually understand people at all. Trump is the exact opposite, he "gets" people but he'd fail a 10th grade civics class.

Hillary's really loving good one on one, though. I am much less sure about Zodiac.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Only half paid attention to the tweet. Only picked up the words 'Trump shakes...concrete' and misread the last word entirely as embolism.

I was a happier person back then.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Radish posted:

I'm pretty sure that you'd be disappointed in the percentage of women who are misinformed on that, as well. You can take the things and have no idea how they work

I'm not sure how you'd go about it, but educating the populace on this particular misconception would do a ton to get rid of things like Hobby Lobby's dumb policy. There's no actually reason for Evangelicals to be opposed to birth control as a general idea (very, very few evangelical groups are anti-birth control, with the exception of the fringe Quiverfull movement and a few others) - that's primarily a Catholic thing. The only reason that Evangelicals get roped in is that they believe the pill/plan B are abortive, which they aren't.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

theflyingorc posted:

I'm pretty sure that you'd be disappointed in the percentage of women who are misinformed on that, as well. You can take the things and have no idea how they work

I'm not sure how you'd go about it, but educating the populace on this particular misconception would do a ton to get rid of things like Hobby Lobby's dumb policy. There's no actually reason for Evangelicals to be opposed to birth control as a general idea (very, very few evangelical groups are anti-birth control, with the exception of the fringe Quiverfull movement and a few others) - that's primarily a Catholic thing. The only reason that Evangelicals get roped in is that they believe the pill/plan B are abortive, which they aren't.

You would need sex ed, which is apparently also a sin. :sigh:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

theflyingorc posted:

I'm fairly sure the only reason they're opposed to it is because women having sex outside marriage or otherwise possessing independent thinking and sexual agency are Not Good for evangelical social engineering.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

is snorting cocaine a sickness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Arguably the greatest white jazz musician.

You know him from this:

Uhhh Bill Evans would like a word beyond the grave

• Locked thread