Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Pros to losing weight: Feels good! A confidence booster!

Cons: Now I need to go buy a belt because my trousers don’t stay up properly any more. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Nordick posted:

Well, fortunately the work only lasted for a couple days, and far as I can tell my floor is at the same height as it was before. Though frankly I'd gladly give a few inches of room height if it meant I never have to hear such racket again.

As for another noise related FWP, this morning my sleep was interrupted first by the neighbour's harridan yelling into her telephone outside, a second time by some maintenance van or whatever idling its rickety diesel engine for what seemed like an eternity just a few dozen feet from my bedroom window, and because these two weren't noisy enough, a third time by - I poo poo you not - a loving F-18 literally doing aerobatics right above the neighbourhood.

God I loving hate noise.

I'm with you, friend. I used to get in such a rage about my stupidly loud college girl neighbors below me, whose default volume was shrieking. I invested in some noise blocking wireless headphones and now i just pop them on and listen to music rather than rage.

Then my cat started yelling at me early in the morning because i shut her out of my room. Earplugs. Now she doesnt howl any more since it gets no result. And the downstairs neighbors moved out! Peace reigns, however temporarily.

But now a new problem. Since I shut kitty out of my room at night to prevent her walking on me and making other mischief for attention, the air conditioning doesn't circulate as well into my bedroom at night and I get too warm.

Oh, and my allergies have been so terrible lately that I take a benadryl at night to help me sleep as well as a non drowsy 24 hour pill in the morning, and I am STILL blowing my nose constantly, coughing, and sneezing. Yay.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Nordick posted:

Well, fortunately the work only lasted for a couple days, and far as I can tell my floor is at the same height as it was before. Though frankly I'd gladly give a few inches of room height if it meant I never have to hear such racket again.

As for another noise related FWP, this morning my sleep was interrupted first by the neighbour's harridan yelling into her telephone outside, a second time by some maintenance van or whatever idling its rickety diesel engine for what seemed like an eternity just a few dozen feet from my bedroom window, and because these two weren't noisy enough, a third time by - I poo poo you not - a loving F-18 literally doing aerobatics right above the neighbourhood.

God I loving hate noise.

I get this every year around air show time cause they practice for like a week above my apartment building so every 30 seconds I hear ROAAAARRRRRRWHOOOOOSHHHH for a good 30 min. They come so ridiculously close to my building too, like less than 100 feet. It was cool the first year but now it’s just like. I don’t care. End the air show. End it.

Re: Benadryl: I used to take that to for allergies and sometimes to fall asleep and it worked but maybe like 6 mos ago it stopped and now if I try it for sleep it just causes severe pain in my appendages while I’m laying there awake, and it also now does jack poo poo for my allergies. I threw out the drat bottle a month and a half ago and haven’t looked back.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Jul 17, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you don't have any loud neighbors, you are the loud neighbor.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Work drama and I’m caught in the middle and I have a bad gut feeling that I’m gonna get in trouble with the new store manager cause I support this girl he hates but I’m also on his good side so. Goody. I’m trying my best to get out of it but I’m stupid and reply to texts too much.

E: need to start looking for other jobs lol

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
So no one told me we’re having a “serious meeting” today except a coworker who everyone hates except me cause she’s cool and I have nothing against one guy who is incompetent but is going to turn into a store manager????

My FWP is that but also that I could take the bus but I want to stay with my cats to relax so I’m gonna take uber and I REALLY need to stop taking uber. $

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I did the grocery pickup thing at Walmart but forgot to click the substitution button on the hamburger buns, so now I gotta go back to the store and buy hamburger buns cause they were out of the ones I picked. :smith:

Also, what the gently caress, they were out of teddy grahams too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Butt Detective posted:

Pros to losing weight: Feels good! A confidence booster!

Cons: Now I need to go buy a belt because my trousers don’t stay up properly any more. :saddowns:

Congrats! I have this same problem. I solved it with a ratchet belt, since you can just keep shortening it. It's a nice little boost every time it gets too long and you have to trim the strap.

I went with Anson, but I'm sure the other brands like Slide Belt and the As Seen on TV ones are fine. I'd stay away from Mission, unless you like the way they 'accidentally' somehow used a Luftwaffe insignia.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Got woken up at nine by my neighbours drilling on the walls, when I wanted to sleep in a bit. Can't even complain because building rules say "no loud noises before eight AM".

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pretty sure the headphone jack on the front of my PC case just died. So now I have to unplug my speakers from the back and wire in my headphones and do this every time I just want to listen on my headphones.

Oh well, I've been meaning to buy some wireless headphones for a while now so at least now I have an excuse.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I can only see text with one eye open—have to close the other eye— without my glasses. Like, if I’m in bed and don’t have my glasses on, I can only read stuff on the phone or book with one eye being open, otherwise everything is like, floating around. The other day I unintentionally fell asleep with my glasses on the bed and I guess a cat knocked them off and I couldn’t find them for hours until I accidentally walked into them on the floor. The world is just this blob without my glasses but I’m used to it :/ I think I’m probably gonna be legally blind soon but I can’t afford any surgeries. I also can only buy extraordinarily expensive lenses and my vision gets worse every year so this year I HAD to get new lenses (been putting it off for a few years) because the world was a loving blur with my old ones. My current insurance covers a ton but I still paid like $600 for my new glasses-the one that the cat knocked off the bed. That’s my whole paycheck. Yay.

E: I can’t go to one of those cheap places like lens crafters cause they can’t make lenses for me so I have to go to an expensive place. Yay.

I’m just complaining cause I can’t sleep and was frustrated that I was using one eye to use the forums.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:28 on Jul 22, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Have you been to an ophthalmologist? I know you're young but you should check it out. Changed my life.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
High astigmatism (which is what is sounds like) has a low chance of being completely correctable, but there are various surgeries that can at least drastically reduce the prescription needed. LASIK, RK, PRK, corneal bands, etc. The downside is, some of them are extremely painful, and all of them (for astigmatic correction) are pretty darned expensive. A large part of the first world has third world medical coverage, too, so I can see how it fits. Sometimes, though, people's eyes just aren't candidates and it sucks bad. In the US, "legally blind" refers to vision that is uncorrectable to anything better than 20/200.

A wholly valid complaint. Sucks, friend.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah I went from like 20/80 to 20/30 from surgery and that was much better than the doctor thought I would get. I don't even wear glasses anymore.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I recorded a guest spot on a friend's podcast. It was a lot of fun but I can't bring myself to listen to it.

90 minutes of my dumb voice? No thank you.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

High astigmatism (which is what is sounds like) has a low chance of being completely correctable, but there are various surgeries that can at least drastically reduce the prescription needed. LASIK, RK, PRK, corneal bands, etc. The downside is, some of them are extremely painful, and all of them (for astigmatic correction) are pretty darned expensive. A large part of the first world has third world medical coverage, too, so I can see how it fits. Sometimes, though, people's eyes just aren't candidates and it sucks bad. In the US, "legally blind" refers to vision that is uncorrectable to anything better than 20/200.

A wholly valid complaint. Sucks, friend.

Yeah that pretty much covers it.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Yknow what loving sucks? Moving. How in the first-world hell did I acquire so much crap? I'm moving into my wife's house and selling my own, and I'm just astounded by the amount of stuff I need to move. I took nearly 900 pounds to the dump yesterday and you can barely tell. Thank God I can afford to take my time, because I don't know what I'd do otherwise.

Nordick posted:

God I loving hate noise.

The Snoo parachute account spotted.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I wish insects would stop touching me without my consent.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's too hot for me to wear my favorite jacket.
It's fine for 10 months out of the year but I want it now!

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I’ve had a case of iritis for a week that isn’t responding to steroids. Going back Tuesday for either stronger stuff or a needle right into the eyeball :stonklol:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
I made an effort to be more informed about what's going on in the world. As a result, I'm starting to feel guilty for enjoying things because nearly every aspect of my life (particular as a consumer) is tainted.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mezzanine posted:

I made an effort to be more informed about what's going on in the world. As a result, I'm starting to feel guilty for enjoying things because nearly every aspect of my life (particular as a consumer) is tainted.

Yeah I get NYT, ACLU, and AP news alerts and the headlines are enough to depress me so much that I rarely read the articles. At least I donate to ACLU :/

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
One of my teeth that I specifically asked my dentist to look at and got told was healthy 10 months ago just cracked in half from a big rear end cavity :bang:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's horrible :( I had that happen to one of my molars a few months ago. On the side I chewed on habitually, too. Eating was agony if I stopped paying attention for even just a moment until the muscle memory went away.
I hope your dentist can see you quickly about it. I had to deal with mine for months until our insurance rolled over.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Mother's Day I bought my mom her first smart TV. She loved it, but wanted a different size. So I sent it back to Amazon, and checked around, but she never told me what size she wanted. Finally a few weeks ago she did, but after the poo poo that was shipping and signing and trying to get an address change, I just went to Walmart. Bought the right size, spent an hour today fixing up her room to move it in, got the new TV in and everything clicked into place and....no streaming option?

It isn't a smart TV.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My new a/c is great and my mom is awesome for getting it for me, and my cats love it, but I only have one a/c for the whole apartment so I have to set it to 72 (IT HAS A DIGITAL DISPLAY AND OPTIONS AND TIMER OMG) anyways I have to set it to 72, which makes the rest of the apartment comfy, especially my bedroom cause I like to have many blankets on top of me, but my living room, where the a/c is, is freeeeeeeeeezing. For me 72 is freezing. At work they set the thermostat to 72 and I’m shivering all day so I got some super thick thermal long sleeve shirts to put under my thick rear end work shirts... and I’m still cold sometimes.

This is me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQykZB_zUZI&t=32s

Yes I also walk around in long sleeve shirts when it’s 90 degrees out and I barely sweat.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

VanguardFelix posted:

I’ve had a case of iritis for a week that isn’t responding to steroids. Going back Tuesday for either stronger stuff or a needle right into the eyeball :stonklol:

At first I thought you'd misspelled a word, but then I read the second sentence. Now my FWP is that I read that entire post. :stonklol:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bees on Wheat posted:

At first I thought you'd misspelled a word, but then I read the second sentence. Now my FWP is that I read that entire post. :stonklol:

Yeah I tried to block that from my brain but thank you for quoting it so I have to read it again. FWP: I have to read, on an Internet thread about random poo poo, about getting poked with a needle in an eyeball and I feel sick.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Unrelated and a day later. I have so many credit and debit cards in my wallet I have to double them up. Granted the 2 new ones just gave me $500 free dollars and $200 of it is 16 months without interest so I can pay it off so that’s ok but our economy (and also Chase) is evil.

Oh and my sketchy rear end coworkers are stealing my medicine (controlled subrstance so they’re either getting high or selling it) so I had to change the safe lockbox code. That was a pain in the rear end and wasted 30 minutes of my time opening the store.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Jul 24, 2018

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thin Privilege posted:

Unrelated and a day later. I have so many credit and debit cards in my wallet I have to double them up. Granted the 2 new ones just gave me $500 free dollars and $200 of it is 16 months without interest so I can pay it off so that’s ok but our economy (and also Chase) is evil.

Oh and my sketchy rear end coworkers are stealing my medicine (controlled subrstance so they’re either getting high or selling it) so I had to change the safe lockbox code. That was a pain in the rear end and wasted 30 minutes of my time opening the store.

Stealing medicine from people that need it is one of the most sickening things to me. My father was a pill hound and would steal pain medication from my Mom’s terminally ill beagle :wtc:

That sucks major noodles, can they not be reported?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

coldpudding posted:

One of my teeth that I specifically asked my dentist to look at and got told was healthy 10 months ago just cracked in half from a big rear end cavity :bang:

:smith: Teeth stuff is the absolute worst.

I had a cavity filled in one of my wisdom teeth when I was a teenager. Last year I spent a lot of time and money getting my whole mouth fixed. The dentist looked at that tooth and went, "So... your old dentist was an idiot. Sorry, I mean, w huge idiot and I hate him."
Apparently he filled with the cavity with a compound that is no longer allowed to be used because in some cases it expands slowly. It had essentially cracked the tooth in half but covered the nerve so I didn't feel it. It got fixed but HOLY poo poo was that scary.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Same, I spent a few grand in the past 12 months to undo all the dumb dental mistakes teenager/undergrad me contributed to. Now I only need to extract 3 wisdom teeth, wear bracket for a few years, and get an implant and I'm done.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

VanguardFelix posted:

Stealing medicine from people that need it is one of the most sickening things to me. My father was a pill hound and would steal pain medication from my Mom’s terminally ill beagle :wtc:

That sucks major noodles, can they not be reported?

I have an idea of who it is but I have no proof unfortunately. I had to go to my psych and he thought I was lying and was a drug addict taking extras, but at least he allowed me to refill it early. Somehow CVS disnt het his prescriptions because they’re morons even though he sent it twice. I had to contact him on his vacation to get it filled early, and my insurance wouldn’t cover it so I had to pay $60. I also had a panic attack and was laying on my floor for like 20 minutes crying, and I was an hour late for work, and the area manager who hates me that I’ve complained about was there and now hates me more I’m sure.

My friend also has similar issues with refilling her pain medication due to the DEA’s new rules. She has a messed up disk in her spine and has done literally everything else so she needs the medicine but she can’t refill it even a day early. Even if she’s like, going on vacation. It’s not fair to people who need medication. First world problem: over “cautious” drug control garbage.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I should bring my bike in for a service as a lot of parts are worn down and should probably be replaced. I don't have the knowledge or tools to really do it all by myself but for another part I ordered some parts that I can do. But delivery is taking it's god drat time and I just want a smooth runnig bike now dammit.

Also, since my parents split up I'm really annoyed that I need to reserve different dates to see them.

Also also, I have way to many backpacks but I can't throw any of them out. I got a large and small hiking backpacks for multiday or just dayhikes. 2 gym bags also different sizes for those days where I also need my running gear or go swimming. Dry bags for when I go swimming in the river and need to take my stuff with me. Multiple drawstring bags that I got for free from various places that are handy for when I don't want to put anything in my pockets. Laptop bag for work. Really large duffel bag for backpack vacations. Just. So. Many. Bags.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got home from work last night so tired that it was was the kind of tired that it actively hurts, hampering actually getting to sleep. Figured that I'd crack open an energy drink, the 'logic' (such as it was) that it'd shave off some of my fatigue, and nine times out of ten it doesn't really make me wired or anything to do an energy drink.

Tonight was the tenth out of ten times, though, because not only did it not kill that ugh-I'm-so-loving-tired pain, but it actually kept me awake a few hours later when I did try and go to sleep. The only saving grace is that I have off completely from both of my jobs, so I can properly crash later.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I want to switch my cats to a premium actually good food but there's too many to choose from.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I should go buy food, but I'm feeling particularly lazy and can't be bothered, so I'm urging to just order pizza instead. But I just did that a couple weeks ago and should really be more frugal than that. But I waaaant pizzaaaaaa.

Fortunately I still have about three hours to get my poo poo together and adult myself into the store before it closes.

gently caress me that pizza would really hit the spot though.

EDIT: God damnit I just brewed a full pot of coffee before I realised I don't even have any milk. :doh: I guess that settles it though, I'm going to the store right the hell now.

Nordick has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Jul 25, 2018

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I should sell my bike, because its just sitting outside getting faded from sun because I have no where else to store it. I'm sure someone else would use it more than I do. But it's a nice bike and I want to keep it. If only I had a garage or a shed...

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Put a tarp over it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just found out a friend of mine died. I found out because someone else posted on Facebook about finding out on Facebook.

:sigh: