Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slorb
May 14, 2002

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wouldn't want to look weak, or like a flip-flopper now would we? Yes, better that all those people get sick and die.

They're watching the anti-lockdown nutters start the process of kicking Boris Johnson out of office because he buckled and brought back restrictions. There's no future for let it rip politicians like Dom or Scomo if they can't handle the body count. They'll quickly be replaced by someone who can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

duck monster posted:

Also for some reason a lot of the document refers to west australian laws. God knows why.

WA has always been big with that stuff, I guess the sun really cooks them over there. I read this article a little while back, which gives a bit of background on some of the bigger names from WA sovcit land aka “New Westralia”.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Hi Australia thread. I don't have anything to contribute but I wrote this today and just wanted to share and get some Aussie opinions:

You can get it fuckin' - or you can get is suckin'. Or you can get it while your rear end is reamed - or even getting double teamed.
A big gay orgy needs a big gay beer - Vic. Victoria Bitter.

Thoughts?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

AHH F/UGH posted:

Hi Australia thread. I don't have anything to contribute but I wrote this today and just wanted to share and get some Aussie opinions:

You can get it fuckin' - or you can get is suckin'. Or you can get it while your rear end is reamed - or even getting double teamed.

Thoughts?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Not having grand juries is a violation of his First Amendment rights guaranteed under the Constitution!!!!

I know sov cits aren't exactly renown for their intellect, but at least they could pretend they realise this isn't the US.

As I understand it, sovcit types just use buzzword bingo when articulating their "your rules don't apply to me" bullshit.

And as has been mentioned many times before, a lot of the anti-vaxx, anti-lockdown stuff in Australia is a xerox copy of the stuff that is happening in the US. Including the nutjob right-wing nazis that have infiltrated/appropriated the protests. So it makes sense that they copy the same buzzwords that US sovcits use.

But something that I have found interesting about Australian sovereign citizens, (in my extremely limited knowledge of them), is that a lot of them are hard core Monarchists. I.E. their brand of crazy is "yours laws don't apply to me because they are laws sanctioned/made by the Australian Government and not the Queen. So therefore you have no power over me."etc. Which is the exact opposite of US sovcits whose crazy manifests itself as entirely anti authority/monarchy, and pro individual.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AHH F/UGH posted:

Thoughts?

Pitch it to CUB and see what they reckon
It will help if you bring a mood board or some additional material to help them visualise the campaign
Let us know how it goes

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Failing that, pitch it to Coopers, I'm sure they'd jump right on that

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ShoeFly posted:

My partner is due to give birth at the end of January. We've already had a couple of mates in the past month who had to give birth alone due to being close contacts.

Normalising this poo poo is going to result in ridiculous strain on our already-struggling health system and cause unnecessary risk & heartbreak for those not directly affected.

what a nice country. :(

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"Potential 25k cases a day" gently caress me.

NSW's going the full Victoria with their numbers and are still going to end all their restrictions.

Love it when politicians decide they have to "stay the course" and open up when poo poo's running wild.

Wouldn't want to look weak, or like a flip-flopper now would we? Yes, better that all those people get sick and die.

Can't have scomo look bad by being a lockdowner

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Alexander lockdowner. Is this anything, guys?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Alexander Downsyndrome

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Everybody loves a wizard stick.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

hooman posted:

Everybody loves a wizard stick.

Oh the memories

And lack thereof

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

duck monster posted:

He also seems to think courts have no authority. Which is weird since he's asking the court to arrest Andrews, Gillard, The Victorian Parliment, and the Pope.

I'll cop dan but you leave the pope out of this

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
drat i fly to brisbane from sydney on the 19th

hopefully they don't let me go back

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

I.E. their brand of crazy is "yours laws don't apply to me because they are laws sanctioned/made by the Australian Government and not the Queen. So therefore you have no power over me."etc.

Maybe this is just a reflection of my own prejudice but I couldn't help but read this in my head in a Scouse accent

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

gently caress he looks awful for his age

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It says something about what a poo poo show one nation must be that a rando 22 year old is the party’s national treasurer.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
That would be an unfortunate name to have if he were in any other party, in this case it prob got him the job

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Dom: you don't have to mask up, but also, you should take some personal responsibility and mask up.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
The whole rorts-for-LNP-seats-only scandal seems to be written as a POSITIVE for the LNP - see if you vote for us, YOU (and by you, I mean our friends and donor's only) get money! Instead of "This is complete corruption and people should be going to jail for both giving it out and receiving it as bribes".

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/smh/status/1471241359222784008

https://twitter.com/theage/status/1471240965310590976

Lol we're off to the races now

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Jesus.

Just for those that switched off for their own mental health - have NSW and VIC "opened up" or is that date still to come.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

We both opened up in October (if by open up you mean hospo reopens, which I think is a fair definition of whether you're in lockdown or not) and then capacity restrictions were pretty much scrapped when we hit 90% vax which I think was in November. New South Wales managed to keep their numbers between 200 and 400 a day for most of that time, until literally a few days ago. Victoria was sitting at about 2000 a day when we reopened and then managed to bring it down to a steady level of 1000-1200 a day for the past month or so.

Who knows what's going to happen but the funniest outcome will definitely be if every state in the country bar WA ends up in a Christmas lockdown.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

freebooter posted:

gently caress he looks awful for his age

Subtle, I like it

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm in suburban Melbourne. I personally got my 3rd jab a couple of days ago, and always wear a mask indoors when I am out.

But I am seeing a lot more people going around maskless these days. Which is never a good sign.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

freebooter posted:

Who knows what's going to happen but the funniest outcome will definitely be if every state in the country bar WA ends up in a Christmas lockdown.

There is no way this will happen, politicians are more likely to "open up for Christmas" and even if a lockdown is gonna happen they will wait and see for the next 10 days to avoid a lockdown

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010

norp posted:

There is no way this will happen, politicians are more likely to "open up for Christmas" and even if a lockdown is gonna happen they will wait and see for the next 10 days to avoid a lockdown

Yeah, if Christmas was ~ 6 weeks away, potentially. But no chance being next week, they'll ignore it and deal with it after the holiday season (i.e. probably continue to do nothing until people start dying in corridors and streets).

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

better go to church this xmas or you'll get omicron

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Animal Friend posted:

better go to church this xmas or you'll get omicron

I'd prefer the virus.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

NSW at least will never do another lockdown. the entire point of the increasingly violent temper tantrum that is the antivax campaign is that nothing that protects public health at the expense of business will ever be countenanced again

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Observing the state responses to Omicron, only one image comes to mind: that of Emperor Nero playing the fiddle whilst Rome burns to the ground.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
At this point I don't know if another lockdown would work in Melbourne anyway.
There was pretty bad compliance by the end of the last one

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

EoinCannon posted:

It wouldn't lol

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

EoinCannon posted:

After the last lockdown failed to bring down the daily number of cases (where vaccines only stabilised that number), I would be very surprised if we went into lockdown again. There's no longer any public or political will to do so, and I can only see it happening if Omicron has a much deadlier or debilitating effect than we presently know.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Caring about covid is so lame now just move on who cares.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Yeah, current lockdowns are hard to justify if there's nothing good on the horizon.

Last year it was Jesus gently caress lockdown to try and control this in case it's literal black plague levels of bad. People went along with it because it was an unprecedented situation and most people recognized we needed time to figure out how to try and control it. Then this year it was lockdown to keep things controlled until vaccinations can be delivered.

Now? We're never going to have zero cases again, and the population is widely vaccinated with the best vaccines we have right now. Any lockdowns would just be postponing the inevitable.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

It would be "postponing the inevitable" if you could only catch covid once. That isn't the case, even remotely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

"Only vaccinated people are sick and the other variants have disappeared DO YOU SEE THE PATTERN?"