Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's the Hollywood Facts and we're going downtown. We're going to Inglewood now. You gotta do your facts and know your stars. There's glitz and glamour and lots of bars. Get a drink, in a club. Then go walk in front of the Chinese theatre. Hollywood Facts. Take out your diiiiiiick. Check out the facts, it's the Hollywood Facts. Bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cloks posted:

Then go walk in front of the Chinese theatre.
THERE IS NO THE

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Play it again

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

NICE

BOOM SH BOOM SH BOOM SH BOOM SH

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

Play it again
I'll admit to being on the "that went on a LITTLE too long" on some repetition bits, but they could've replayed the song another twenty times and I'd probably have still been laughing.

Lauren Lapkus has a lot of great "background" characters, ie characters that don't need to be the center of attention doing their thing to add a lot. She is great at going along with everything and being her character.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I do wish Adam Pally would do the show again

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Politicalrancor posted:

I do wish Adam Pally would do the show again

"I dislike you."
"Do ya?"
"Naaaaaah, you're cool Bro."

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
The most I lost it in that episode was when Andy did the new Plugs theme. When Scott asked for the Freestyle Rap Competition music, my instant thought was "Hollywood Facts is going to be played again."

I was relieved that it wasn't, and it got me to let my guard down just enough that I just lost it when Andy jumped into Hollywood Facts again.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

cams posted:

THERE IS NO THE

I loved when they were so fixated on getting the "do your facts and know your stars" that once they got it they completely forgot the next line.

BUGS BUNNY!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This latest ep makes me nervous. I love Schwartz and Sanz and Interpol but I hate musical guests (except Don't Stop or We'll Die). And Interpol don't scream comedy to me. I hope it doesn't suck.

VVV That's a relief. I had no doubt that S&S could carry a show but I just didn't want Paul Banks to be lame.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 29, 2014

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Paul Banks blends in pretty well and he's funny enough when he is talking - one of the better musicians to appear on the show, I'd say.

Plus it's Schwartz and Sanz so there's enough going on even if you don't think he's adding anything

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
This is the kind of lineup that makes me wish I didn't have to work today.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

This latest ep makes me nervous. I love Schwartz and Sanz and Interpol but I hate musical guests (except Don't Stop or We'll Die). And Interpol don't scream comedy to me. I hope it doesn't suck.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmusical guests,

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmusical guests,

I thought it was spelled "mmmyoousical".

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Paul from Interpol definitely blended well with everyone. I'm only vaguely acquainted with their music but he seems like a cool dude.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Aaron Neville does a great Horatio Sanchez impression.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Very funny episode, Horatio Sanz losing track of which character he was playing was great. And I would happily listen to Scott and Ben attempting to sing the entirety of Little Shop of Horrors or any other musical.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Horatio turning on Ben with 10 minutes left in the episode destroyed me.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Great episode, but Scott's plug for a mystery NYC show is driving me crazy. Can anyone find the venue or ticket link? He said October 12th.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Analytic Engine posted:

Great episode, but Scott's plug for a mystery NYC show is driving me crazy. Can anyone find the venue or ticket link? He said October 12th.

He said on twitter that the link will be coming soon

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

The Senator Giroux posted:

He said on twitter that the link will be coming soon

Thanks, those shows are always fun

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Dante was a quality guest, would listen to again.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Scott eating throughout the episode made me laugh as he has previously berated Ben for chewing on mic.

I hate myself for this.

totempoleman
Jan 20, 2005

Make a jazz note here.
ANDREW W(DICE)K(LAY)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

cams posted:

Scott eating throughout the episode made me laugh as he has previously berated Ben for chewing on mic.

I hate myself for this.

I noticed the same thing; Scott usually freaks out when you can hear people eating on mic even when it's not really audible in the final product, but it seemed like everyone on this episode was doing it to an absurd degree. It'll be good material for that sound effects album at least

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

xbilkis posted:

I noticed the same thing; Scott usually freaks out when you can hear people eating on mic even when it's not really audible in the final product, but it seemed like everyone on this episode was doing it to an absurd degree. It'll be good material for that sound effects album at least

I picture PFT in a dark room furiously extracting and compiling sound bits.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Did Paul Banks reference last week's episode when he quietly said towards the end that Aaron Neville should start the song over for messing up the lyrics?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Did Paul Banks reference last week's episode when he quietly said towards the end that Aaron Neville should start the song over for messing up the lyrics?

The way episodes are recorded ahead of time I don't know if he would have heard that episode before recording his.

Either way, "bro."

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I love when Benny Schwaaaz gets incredulous at Scott's success.

"How do you still have a podcast? How do you have any success?"

Also, I nominate everyone in this thread for the gumbo challenge.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
A recent Superego post on Facebook suggests Don Dimello might be making an appearance on their next episode.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thoogsby posted:

A recent Superego post on Facebook suggests Don Dimello might be making an appearance on their next episode.

I keep forgetting about SuperEgo. I love Don Dimello and I think he was on SuperEgo before. I'm so out of the loop.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

I keep forgetting about SuperEgo. I love Don Dimello and I think he was on SuperEgo before. I'm so out of the loop.

He was. There's two bits in season 3, Dimello with HR Giger and Andrew Lloyd Webber and Dimello with John C. Reilly and Nick Nolte.

There's also a Superego live show they sell that has a bit where Don Dimello, HR Giger, and Warner Herzog are contestants on the dating game.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

You haven't missed much. The new season with PFT as a regular performer just started last month, and the episode with Don DiMello comes out tomorrow.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Punch Card posted:

The way episodes are recorded ahead of time I don't know if he would have heard that episode before recording his.

Either way, "bro."

The latest episode was recorded August 25th and the Samberg episode was recorded September 3, so maybe Scott got the idea FROM that joke...

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

anotherone posted:

The latest episode was recorded August 25th and the Samberg episode was recorded September 3, so maybe Scott got the idea FROM that joke...

Hmm, so Paul couldn't have heard it but Scott may have been influenced by it to say his thing and Paul happened to run with it in a perfect way, unbeknownst to him.

This poo poo is trippy.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
CBB NYC on sale.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4241164&pl=webconcerts

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Punch Card posted:

Hmm, so Paul couldn't have heard it but Scott may have been influenced by it to say his thing and Paul happened to run with it in a perfect way, unbeknownst to him.

This poo poo is trippy.

We all know that Scott is a Time Bobby.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

I just got a ticket to this, and it will be my first event in "The Old Apple" aka new york city. Fellow NYC goons, lets meet up. I'll be the big idiot thinking stupid crap.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I just got a ticket to this, and it will be my first event in "The Old Apple" aka new york city. Fellow NYC goons, lets meet up. I'll be the big idiot thinking stupid crap.

I probably won't go but I'll keep an eye out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm actually going to be in NYC that weekend but my plane gets in at Newark at 1pm and there's no way I could make it into the city in time for the show. Pretty bummed. :smith: