Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

xtal posted:

Has the Liberal campaign been this explicitly anti-labour before? Appalling

Do you agree with proclaiming you'd never introduce back to work legislature regardless of the circumstances? That was one comment I agreed with Wynne on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Wilhelm posted:

Do you agree with proclaiming you'd never introduce back to work legislature regardless of the circumstances? That was one comment I agreed with Wynne on.

Nobody proclaimed that, least of all the terminally cautious Andrea Horwath.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I agree. If it’s critical enough to invoke the power of the legislature, then meet the demands. Or live with the consequences of scabbing it up.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Andrea Horwath should bring in back-to-work legislation that gives labour 100% of what they're asking for in any given strike.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Subjunctive posted:

I agree. If it’s critical enough to invoke the power of the legislature, then meet the demands. Or live with the consequences of scabbing it up.

It was darkly funny watching OSSTF and ETFO endorse the OLP time and time again.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Postess with the Mostest posted:

This is best if you picture kathleen wynne hitting the drum

https://twitter.com/OntLiberal/status/1001205049249419264

Lookit that twoot get ratio'd lmao

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Isizzlehorn posted:

Fed a ballot into the scanner/shredder machine today, not much hope for my riding because lol 905's, at least Oshawa will 100% go orange.
At this point I'm wondering if the 905 will be the only solidly blue part of the province, with every other region seeing a mixture of support.

That being said, I'm still voting NDP in a 905 riding that's virtually guaranteed to go PC.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Sashimi posted:

At this point I'm wondering if the 905 will be the only solidly blue part of the province, with every other region seeing a mixture of support.

That being said, I'm still voting NDP in a 905 riding that's virtually guaranteed to go PC.

905 should be solidly orange in Hamilton ridings I think.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Driving through Whitby and about 99% of the signs I see are for the PC candidate.

For those curious, this is Whitby: https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2018/02/27/cop-charged-in-dafonte-miller-beating-accused-of-misleading-durham-investigators.html

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Postess with the Mostest posted:

This is best if you picture kathleen wynne hitting the drum

https://twitter.com/OntLiberal/status/1001205049249419264

I'm newish to Canada so maybe you can help my confusion here. Is it normal for the Libs to campaign in favor of the NDP like this?

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
I'm extremely unhappy about this ridiculous pipeline, but I'm even more worried it will push fickle BC voters to vote for Scheer. Not saying Trudeau is great, but I can't stomach the idea of PM Scheer.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Andrea Horwath should bring in back-to-work legislation that gives labour 100% of what they're asking for in any given strike.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Doctor posted:

I'm extremely unhappy about this ridiculous pipeline, but I'm even more worried it will push fickle BC voters to vote for Scheer. Not saying Trudeau is great, but I can't stomach the idea of PM Scheer.
Not sure why anyone who is against the oil pipeline would vote for Conservatives. What's far more likely is that some 2015 Liberal voters in metro Vancouver will swing to the NDP and the splits will cause some of those seats to flip to Conservatives.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Back-to-work legislation that gives any side everything they want is a terrible idea because it means there is no room for negotiation. You need to find a way to make it so dangerous for either side to act in bad faith that they'd never consider it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Doctor posted:

Pretty sure Scheer just today said that had the Conservatives been in power during this they would have forced the deal through months ago instead of letting it fester.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The funny thing about the Liberal anti-York union promise is that (I believe) York had been counting on back to work legislation from the PC government and that's why they'd refused to really negotiate for months now.

Once they understand that legislation isn't coming the strike will be resolved right quick. With or without back to work legislation, the strike is over within 2 weeks of the election. :toxx:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
https://twitter.com/whothewu/status/1001496383227080704

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

same

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Wilhelm posted:

If you think that question is even a question congratulations on reading your first xtal post

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Shout out to the random Horwarth sign at the anti pipeline rally in Vancouver tonight.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Wilhelm posted:

Do you agree with proclaiming you'd never introduce back to work legislature regardless of the circumstances?

yes, idiot

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

PT6A posted:

Back-to-work legislation that gives any side everything they want is a terrible idea because it means there is no room for negotiation. You need to find a way to make it so dangerous for either side to act in bad faith that they'd never consider it.

Just how often do you think the unions are the ones acting in bad faith that this would be a problem?

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

infernal machines posted:

It was darkly funny watching OSSTF and ETFO endorse the OLP time and time again.

no it really wasn't :smith:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Square Peg posted:

So, we're going to pay $4.5B for "the Trans Mountain pipeline and all of Kinder Morgan Canada’s core assets." How many disused wells does that include? How many tailing ponds? Did Canada just fork over billions so a private company doesn't have to clean up it's mess?
Uh yeah, it's a giant loving corporate hand-out. Oil players operating in Canada's oil sands have wanted out for a while and the government just straight up over-valuing their assets and giving them an exit probably makes all the other players envious as hell. Their assets are poo poo and have no longterm value. Everyone sees the writing on the wall, between natural gas, offshore wind, and solar, low quality Canada bitumen is not a long-term play. The government is giving them a premium on their poo poo when if they actually sold out to another player then they would get lowballed like hell.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's amusing to think the liberals view themselves as the good guys in the Ontario college strike, considering how long they let it go on for before implementing the back to work ruling.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Furnaceface posted:

Just how often do you think the unions are the ones acting in bad faith that this would be a problem?

Currently? Never. But introduce a situation where they can get whatever they ask for, and I absolutely believe they'd take advantage of it. They'd be fools not to.

The problem with current back-to-work legislation is that management knows they can sit on their rear end and do nothing and end up getting most or all of what they want. If all of a sudden unions knew they were in the same position, why do you think that would end up being more functional?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

cowofwar posted:

Uh yeah, it's a giant loving corporate hand-out. Oil players operating in Canada's oil sands have wanted out for a while and the government just straight up over-valuing their assets and giving them an exit probably makes all the other players envious as hell. Their assets are poo poo and have no longterm value. Everyone sees the writing on the wall, between natural gas, offshore wind, and solar, low quality Canada bitumen is not a long-term play. The government is giving them a premium on their poo poo when if they actually sold out to another player then they would get lowballed like hell.

https://twitter.com/LukaszukAB/status/1001643520812244992

Do keep in mind we've been floating Ol Bombo for like 4959 years.

geese
May 29, 2007

This goose is cooked.

The PC Party of Ontario posted:

SUBJECT: They’re lying again

(My father-in-laws's name), check out this nonsense.

Some hucksters called "Pollara" did an online survey, and the media is reporting it like real news.

Here’s what Pollara is saying:

NDP: 43%

PC: 32%

Not a chance.

They’re calling it a poll, but it’s junk science.

They did the survey online, and it was 802 people.

Every single journalist, pollster, and academic in the country knows that an online survey isn’t scientific.

Every single one.

But the media is going to report on it like it was fact.

Why?

Because they don’t want us to win.

They’re angry because I speak directly to the people.

Well, here’s the deal.

On June 7, we’re going to win.

Then the journalists will have something else to write about.

"How did the pollsters get it all wrong?"

The answer is easy though. These suckers peddling junk science to help sell headlines aren’t real pollsters.

There are 9 days left.

Pitch in $1 and let’s get the job done.

Doug

FAKE NEWS

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 25, 2018

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
1) Pollara's methodology is way different than some poll on someones twitter account

2) I thought Dougie didn't pay attention to polls.

3) That email mixed with Patrick Brown going knives out yesterday makes me think I may have been right on that PC internal polling is saying things close to Pollara's numbers.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo that is Conservative panic mode right there.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as my lead slowly shrinks and transforms into John Tory, Tim Hudak, Patrick Brown or Doug Ford

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

oh yeah i forgot tory was another fail leader of the PC party lmao

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://twitter.com/MacLeodLisa/status/1001187640509595648

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
lol that twitter bio "Proud Mom&Wife/Favourite song is Danny Boy/Love animals/All about hockey/"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

You know, for all the bad things I've said about Jason Kenney, at least he's not as profoundly, mind-bogglingly stupid as Doug Ford.

On the other hand, Doug Ford had the cojones to tell the social conservative faction of his idiot party to piss up a rope, so...

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
That took no cojones. They will still vote PC. He says he's going to scrap sex ed and that's what they want.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Reince Penis posted:

Holy poo poo that is Conservative panic mode right there.

Yeah, they shook.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah, they shook.

Good... Good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
Has Eric Grenier ever had an accurate seat projection without giving himself tons of wiggle room? He's giving the OPC 45-80 seats lol