Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Think I've reached the "liberals are basically just as bad and not worth voting for/keeping in power over conservatives" part of the cycle, to be followed by an ineffectual vote for the NDP next election then a conservative government which will slowly push me back to "the liberals are bad but whatever it takes to get the conservatives out" part.

Canadian politics are so rewarding to keep up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Scorchy posted:

Can we just divide up the 4.5 billion and give it to AB people to shut them up cause that's an actual better use of the money.

How many sets of truck nuts would that buy?

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Typo posted:

second generation immigrants in canada are pretty bog-standard millennial liberal types

Ironically I’m first generation and take after my more communist grandfather.
My mother is apolitical but generally dislikes certain politicians she thinks are insufferable in personality. Ford is one such person.

My father on the other hand is more moderate. He isn’t like a conservative but has basically quietly supported the liberals since we came to Canada. If I press him on the NDP he tells me they’re corrupt and incompetent. Basically he just votes for what he thinks is a safe and competent centre left party.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

My favorite Sun reader comments take on the KM thing is "more Trudeau pandering to Quebec".

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jordan7hm posted:

We called an ambulance and the cops and stuck around to file a report, and they got the guy who ran.

stop snitching

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lurdiak posted:

I don't really know why we've been doing that.

racists

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Scorchy posted:

Can we just divide up the 4.5 billion and give it to AB people to shut them up cause that's an actual better use of the money.

:stare:

This is blowing my mind. Like yeah, it's a real bad idea, but even this is a better idea than giving the 4.5B to KM. And given how nostalgic people here still are for "Ralph Bucks" it might even work.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

What did Jagmeet have to say? I didn't have time to see his response on the news because I was halfway out the door. I'm assuming basically what everyone else is saying, "dumb move"

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Penpal posted:

What did Jagmeet have to say? I didn't have time to see his response on the news because I was halfway out the door. I'm assuming basically what everyone else is saying, "dumb move"

"I would have only given them 2b and added a clause that they publicly apologize when the pipe inevitably ruptures. :smug:"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Excelsiortothemax posted:

My mother’s side of the family is ethnically Polish and they are the most hateful bunch of bigots that claim moral high ground because they go to church on Sundays.

christians who care about their morals and righteousness but leave out their duties as christians to other human beings rule

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I’m a liberal voting cop caller.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Cerepol posted:

I'm working hard on getting the young people around me to vote in my riding

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_North_Centre_(provincial_electoral_district)

its 100% possible we go NDP here and I want to ensure that happens.

Hey there, fellow north Londoner! Hope everything goes well for you in getting out the vote. I admittedly don't know as much about Kernaghan as I'd like, but he seems like a pretty stand-up guy.

Just so long as it isn't Truppe (oh, or the Freedom Party but that shouldn't be a worry). I guess she was no better and no worse than the average Conservative, but from what I recall she basically did zilch for the ward when she got in federally.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

RBC posted:

that explains why my polish landlord angrily tossed my ndp sign in the trash 3 times

I don't know what it is, other than more useless anecdotes, but I've noticed most all immigrant communities mellow out after a generation, but every person of polish decent I know (even if like 3rd generation) are still rapidly "anti-left" and will start talking about stalin's 500 billion dead victims of communism if you express any remotely left politics.

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

So, we're going to pay $4.5B for "the Trans Mountain pipeline and all of Kinder Morgan Canada’s core assets." How many disused wells does that include? How many tailing ponds? Did Canada just fork over billions so a private company doesn't have to clean up it's mess?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

this is Dion/Ignatieff level sad at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybRSFZjs0R8

Silver Spooner
Jun 10, 2013
Went and windmill-slammed my vote for the NDP Just now. I doubt it will amount to much on its own in Milton which is probably going to go blue but I feel good about actually voting for the party that aligns with my politics.

It’s cool voting for a party for a change instead of against one.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

this is Dion/Ignatieff level sad at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybRSFZjs0R8

Kathleen is running down the Hillary playbook ("Delete your account.") seemingly unaware of the fact that the final step is suffering an embarrassing loss to a complete moron

Silver Spooner posted:

Went and windmill-slammed my vote for the NDP Just now. I doubt it will amount to much on its own in Milton which is probably going to go blue but I feel good about actually voting for the party that aligns with my politics.

It’s cool voting for a party for a change instead of against one.

Windmill!!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

:stare:

This is blowing my mind. Like yeah, it's a real bad idea, but even this is a better idea than giving the 4.5B to KM. And given how nostalgic people here still are for "Ralph Bucks" it might even work.

That's like $1100 per person; hmmm...

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Tom_Parkin_/status/1001571643867746304

Oh please please please let the Conservatives get dunked on this hard

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Reince Penis posted:

I can't... I can't handle this ahahaha

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Reince Penis posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Reince Penis posted:

(Very Ron Howard voice): They won't.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
I wonder if Jagmeet regrets jumping from the ONDP ship now

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

brucio posted:

I wonder if Jagmeet regrets jumping from the ONDP ship now

Why? He won. Better to be a leader of a national party than a provincial cabinet member.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Reince Penis posted:

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

Why? He won. Better to be a leader of a national party than a provincial cabinet member.

Why do you think that?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Er, both in terms of profile and ability to enact change, you're probably a lot further ahead as the leader of a national party even if you don't have a seat, rather than a random backbencher.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
You don't think you have more ability to affect change as a provincial cabinet member than as a third party leader with no seat?

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

infernal machines posted:

Er, both in terms of profile and ability to enact change, you're probably a lot further ahead as the leader of a national party even if you don't have a seat, rather than a random backbencher.

He wouldn't be a backbencher, he'd be in charge of a ministry , almost certainly one of the big ones.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
He has been perpetually scoffed at my the entire country since he became party leader. If he was a cabinet minister, he'd at least be able to demonstrate his worth.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Wistful of Dollars posted:

My favorite Sun reader comments take on the KM thing is "more Trudeau pandering to Quebec".

I'm risking a that's the joke reply but a pipeline couldn't be further from Quebec pandering. Unless you're bringing better healthcare to Quebec by pipeline.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

I'm risking a that's the joke reply but a pipeline couldn't be further from Quebec pandering. Unless you're bringing better healthcare to Quebec by pipeline.

That's the joke

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
This is best if you picture kathleen wynne hitting the drum

https://twitter.com/OntLiberal/status/1001205049249419264

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
What is even going on with these dang polls. https://twitter.com/Tom_Parkin_/status/1001571643867746304?s=19

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Postess with the Mostest posted:

they deserve to lose so badly

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
If only there were ways to end strikes without legislation...

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

PT6A posted:

Negotiating in good faith?!? Sounds like communism to me pal!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

PT6A posted:

People can strike until it starts to inconvenience me.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Fed a ballot into the scanner/shredder machine today, not much hope for my riding because lol 905's, at least Oshawa will 100% go orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Has the Liberal campaign been this explicitly anti-labour before? Appalling