Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

nawilo_420 posted:

don't tell me the tankies were wrong op :psyduck:

Look, the wily clever Russians painted 1, 2 and 4 in the first three strings so when the stupid, capitalist scum US sabotage divers destroyed them they were like "urr, all 4 strings destroyed sir hoohaa" and went home. Thamk u president Putin for keeping energy safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Bedshaped posted:

https://twitter.com/jenniferhenkeHB/status/1577584962286624768

Really surprised by these numbers. I've heard from various post-docs that securing permanancy is difficult but the idea of approaching your 40s with that kind of uncertainty would be quite scary, I imagine.

Is this generally worse than elsewhere?
Upper 2% baby :mcnally:

(by no means did I earn that, all luck)

In other news, properly dressed up for a photocatalysis meeting. I call this the "Eosim Why"

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Son of Rodney posted:

Look, the wily clever Russians painted 1, 2 and 4 in the first three strings so when the stupid, capitalist scum US sabotage divers destroyed them they were like "urr, all 4 strings destroyed sir hoohaa" and went home. Thamk u president Putin for keeping energy safe

wow, really hammers home how evil and dumb americans are. Thank heaven for the noble Russians!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm just happy the pipeline lives op :gbsmith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

genericnick posted:

I'm just happy the pipeline lives op :gbsmith:

Unfortunately that one was never active so that does not apply.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

cant cook creole bream posted:

Unfortunately that one was never active so that does not apply.

I mean it could prove useful once Russia has been fully subjugated and successfully homonazified by the imperialistic and decadent west. Idk, we could pump glitter up there.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, but I did a lot of drugs back then. I look much better now

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Kaminkehrer did the Gashausschau today and told us about 30-40 houses in the vicinity where people tended to change their Strom-& Gasanbieter on a yearly basis and are now getting loving shafted by Gaspreise 3x as high as what we are paying. Some old Rentners apparently pay up to 1000€ per month living alone in their Einfamilienhaus lol guess Der Markt will regel das

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The Markt looking stonefaced, sighing deeply as he loads his rifle.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
"Freie Hand des Marktes", :lol:, more like fliegende Faust

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Maybe they should have invested the savings from their annual Billigambieterwechsel instead of verprassing it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ephex posted:

Kaminkehrer did the Gashausschau today and told us about 30-40 houses in the vicinity where people tended to change their Strom-& Gasanbieter on a yearly basis and are now getting loving shafted by Gaspreise 3x as high as what we are paying. Some old Rentners apparently pay up to 1000€ per month living alone in their Einfamilienhaus lol guess Der Markt will regel das

My heart goes out to those poor people with a net worth of over 500k EUR :pray:

e: wait, aren't you a Münchner? So net worth of >2 million EUR?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
In more relatable news I just had to pay € 11,50 for a Dürüm and small Pommes :qq:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Danke, Mutti

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

ephex posted:

In more relatable news I just had to pay € 11,50 for a Dürüm and small Pommes :qq:

Pretty sure the Kettenbefrittung is at fault here.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

O'zapft is!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Neco posted:

Pretty sure the Kettenbefrittung is at fault here.

lol

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/OlafGersemann/status/1576060868776763392

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Don’t wanna know what life at the pink line is like :stare:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Zwille posted:

Don’t wanna know what life at the pink line is like :stare:

My brother's workplace had a rented table on the wiesn for an office drinking party.
Now the whole family has the rona.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Reminder, this weekend‘s the Niedersachsen election

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Zwille posted:

Reminder, this weekend‘s the Niedersachsen election

Mild shade detected

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

VictualSquid posted:

My brother's workplace had a rented table on the wiesn for an office drinking party.
Now the whole family has the rona.

Semi-same. Several of my colleagues went orgling like Achtarmige Wednesday of last week, two grabbed the Roni there, one of whom has managed to pass it on to three other people who have tested positive as of today.

The other one was with myself and two other colleagues in my car on the way to and from lunch on Tuesday and let us know he got a second Strich about ten mins ago. Hoping i dodged yet another bullet.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

If you have a balcony the roni is kinda chill now. Sit in the sun and read a book for a week. I'm mildly enjoying it tbh lol

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

If you have a balcony the roni is kinda chill now. Sit in the sun and read a book for a week. I'm mildly enjoying it tbh lol

For plenty of people it was like that in 2020, and for plenty of people it's not like that even now, one even hears about people who got it twice and had it worse the second time. It's a bad disease, although at this point there's not much anyone can do about it other than keep pumping money into research for cures and so on.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Ya

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

aphid_licker posted:

Lucky you, I was lying flat for 3 days and couldn't read, game or watch anything more complicated than drag race for another 8...

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hopper posted:

Lucky you, I was lying flat for 3 days and couldn't read, game or watch anything more complicated than drag race for another 8...

Gatdang I'm sorry to hear that.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Get your BA5 boosters Deutschgoonen...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Greatest Living Man posted:

I'm not eligible :shobon: Both because I had covid in the last 6 months and because I don't fulfil any of the official requirements for the second booster to begin with

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I already had 4th shot 3 months ago, so I don't think they'll let me have another one unless they change the rules

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I don't remember my last boost, actually. I caught Covid around Easter and my boost was before that. I'm strongly leaning toward gently caress it, just try to get another boost no matter what.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I don't want to (because I did that last week.)

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Smirr posted:

I'm not eligible :shobon: Both because I had covid in the last 6 months and because I don't fulfil any of the official requirements for the second booster to begin with

What official requirements? STIKO recommendations are not requirements. And frankly, the STIKO can piss right off.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah just talk to a/your doctor or go to some Impfzentrum, chances are they’ll fire at will. I had covid in June and my doc didn’t give a poo poo, actually gave me the omicron booster and it’s my fourth shot. My first booster was Dec 2021.

Also

https://twitter.com/elenalucchi3/status/1578378882696224769?s=46&t=vaNahkMIQkf3Seh_BWP3bw

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

My doctor when she heard I was triple vaccinated and also had it in the last few months said "absolutely not", according to her it's neither necessary nor recommended.

I don't mind going full titer but I trust her in this.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I had the worst headache of my life the night after my second booster and it wasn't even the new juice. 😢

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Son of Rodney posted:

My doctor when she heard I was triple vaccinated and also had it in the last few months said "absolutely not", according to her it's neither necessary nor recommended.

I don't mind going full titer but I trust her in this.

Yeah, I don't particularly want to shop around until I find a doctor who is like "whatever".

And yes, I meant the STIKO recommendations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Guys you srsly don't need this unless you have hella risk factors