Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ignore the food, this train is stopping for 10 minutes on every stop. Actually no idea where it’s going, or when I’ll reach downtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
oh you’re going by train

i‘m so so sorry

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ignore the food, this train is stopping for 10 minutes on every stop. Actually no idea where it’s going, or when I’ll reach downtown.

Just grab a döner imo

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

webcams for christ posted:

you know there's a link just a few posts up that says whats in the sauce

I looked at the link again and it's some random salad ingredients put into a blender? Wow. I guess at least it's not awful? Still, you could prank someone with that who expects real food, like Spinat.

Still looks better than Grünkraut, my mother loved that poo poo and only stopped making it when I started vomitting because I hated it so much

Anyway, opens a can of Hering with tomato sauce, carefully puts a piece of fish on a slice of bread, smooshes it into fine paste with a knife, I feel like this kind of thing happens fairly often. Stuff getting blended down, I mean. Very German.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zwille posted:

oh you’re going by train

i‘m so so sorry

Lesson learned, I’m definitely figuring out which car app I’m supposed to be using

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

spankmeister posted:

Just grab a döner imo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Train status update - it’s been standing here for like 15 minutes, and had taken an hour to go from Airport to Offenbach. Taking bets on whether if the train is going to depart before my Uber arrives.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Riding trains in Germany will never make you überpünktlich, sorry

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

If it’s an ICE I’ve heard conflicting reports on the quality of the onboard currywurst

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Going by train on a day when a chunk of the rail network was shut down due to sabotage is a bad idea. Don't do that.

Local and regional problems quickly cascade through the entire network.

Also: Try to find a Falafel Döner.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

wait where's your train coming from, because there were some uh, extra issues with the rail network today

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1578781766902599680

also specifically regarding Frankfurt:

https://twitter.com/DB_Info/status/1578770712793579522

webcams for christ fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 8, 2022

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Antigravitas posted:

Going by train on a day when a chunk of the rail network was shut down due to sabotage is a bad idea. Don't do that.

Yeah also somebody cut some wires and the entirety of the northern… oh

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
my guess was cinci is stuck because of the outage, though I guess a coincidental problem somewhere else in Germany would be pretty funny, too

In welcher Jahreszeit hat die Deutsche Bahn die meisten Probleme?

Frühling, Sommer, Herbst und Winter

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My understanding is that Frankfurt Airport to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof sucks as a Strecke even in normal cases and that is the reason we have those fancy sprinter trains for business bimbos that just skip all the secondary stations on the route.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Last time I drove to Frankfurt HBF, the train also had to stop inside the city. Then the Durchsage came: "as you might have noticed, we had to stop for a bit. This is because someone decided to conduct their move over the tracks. Nothing happened, but we had to brake because there was a mattress in front of us right now"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

I’ve spent a month in Bonn before, I’m not that unfamiliar with German food.

But yeah, I was completely oblivious to the hack, and took whatever is the Frankfurt local train acronym.

I was on specifically this route, departing from the airport about an hour later than the tweet. :laffo:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I’ve spent a month in Bonn before, I’m not that unfamiliar with German food.

But yeah, I was completely oblivious to the hack, and took whatever is the Frankfurt local train acronym.

I was on specifically this route, departing from the airport about an hour later than the tweet. :laffo:

So what did you end up having for dinner OP?

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

Just wanted to check back in to say that this was a good recommendation.

Anything worthwhile near Berlin Hauptbahnhof? I've got plenty of stuff to try elsewhere in Berlin, just curious if there are any Must Eats in that area. Nearest place I've got so far is the Tadshikische Teestube.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Berlin Hauptbahnhof is set in a desolate wasteland last I heard. It’s mostly government and flats.

If you want something Berlin typisch you can go to Curry 36 in Hauptbahnhof. Other stuff you’ll have to leave the general vicinity (I think there’s some stuff around Naturkundemuseum but it’s hit or miss and a lot of stuff closed, but around Nordbahnhof there’s this icelandic hamburger shop which is pretty alright and Rosenthaler Platz has a fun Vietnamese sub shop)

Also depends on what kind of stuff you like or wanna seek out

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Yeah, the wasteland is real, hence my asking. To be more specific, I'd like something to sit down for dinner and maybe drinks.

I'm good on Berlin Currywurst unless it's something really off the beaten track. Burgers or Vietnamese is fine but honestly, the weirder the better.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Gatac posted:

Yeah, the wasteland is real, hence my asking. To be more specific, I'd like something to sit down for dinner and maybe drinks.

I'm good on Berlin Currywurst unless it's something really off the beaten track. Burgers or Vietnamese is fine but honestly, the weirder the better.

Just take the U-Bahn somewhere nice imo.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

So what did you end up having for dinner OP?

Tried A5 Kobe for the first time. Not quite the budget I had in mind when posting the question, but the occasion was right enough to treat myself.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Gatac posted:

Well there’s a food court where you can sit down and there’s a Peter Pane or Hans im Glück outside the Tram/streetcar exit, where you should be able to sit down and dine too, but it’s probably all very generic. How far are you able/willing to travel one direction?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Oh god please don't recommend Petter plPane or Hans im Glück if somebody wants to sit down and eat proper food.

Seriously, if you have the time, just go somewhere ebay Ubahn, if not you will have to settle with one of the ubiquitous chain booths in the station unfortunately.

Edit: If you have a little time you can take the m5 tram to Hannoversche Straße and eat at Pho Noodle bar on Linienstraße 134 if you are okay with Vietnamese. Google says that takes 7 minutes from where you are. Its a smallish place with seating and good food.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 9, 2022

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Hauptbahnhof in Berlin is not really part of the city, more like trying to dine at an airport outside town.

U bahn would take some time bc you need to pass Mitte first where there aint much either.

I suggest to take the 12 tram towards Brunnenstrasse/Invalidenstrasse. Still Mitte but you can easily find stuff.
If not go until Zionskirche there’s some good poo poo but ofc its bobo as hell

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

I'm fine with Ubahning through the city for really good stuff. Made notes of your recommendations so far. Thanks, everyone.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

They just said sit down, eat and have a drink :v: everything else is really dependent on how far you’re willing to travel but yeah Brunnen/Invalidenstraße and Zionskirchplatz is solid

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It is once again time to hope for the FDP to eat poo poo:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

And lol at Linke

+5 AfD, very cool

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Possibly only four parties (if you count AfD) in the Landtag lol

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Ungebremstes Transmissionsgeschehen”, the name of my new indie band

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Zwille posted:

Ungebremstes Transmissionsgeschehen”, the name of my new indie band

You can't just take a Kraftwerk album title as your band name

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Perestroika posted:

It is once again time to hope for the FDP to eat poo poo:

I‘d be happy about CDU losing at least some voters but most of them went straight to super-CDU didn‘t they :-(

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Looks like most of the CDU voters went straight to the fascists. :shrug:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'd wait for some graph of voter movements. However, FDP, CDU and AfD are in the same broad political camp, so…

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Tarquinn posted:

Looks like most of the CDU voters went straight to the fascists. :shrug:

Well that certainly is surprising

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Still preliminary, but probably reasonably accurate in the broad strokes:

Where AfD votes come from:

Where CDU votes went towards

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds, example #65535:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Here in Hannover the Linke got just ausradiert, down to almost 0%, :lol:

Greens got 25,5% and got a Direktmandat, the CDU lost even heavier then in the Rest of Niedersachsen. SPD lost votes but is still vorneweg.

Elf City, man. My prognosis for the future is more and more Green-votes as the olds die off

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

What did lowland saxony Linke do to be wiped out like that? Or is this about federal party issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

What did lowland saxony Linke do to be wiped out like that? Or is this about federal party issues?

my guess is they knutscht Putin too hard and this is the result