Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Crowsbeak posted:

So which song was best in all the Fallout games?

Kiss to build a dream on. Hands down, no challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh no, we've pivoted to video games. USPol is doomed now

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Crowsbeak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbThC9Dt1BQ

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

boner confessor posted:

i'm sure there are already kids who think that rock from the 60's-80's is nothing but the same five classic rock staples

rock is basically gonna die with people born before 2000

there's this one dumb kids react video with whatever new song metallica put out and one of the kids is holding his ears and complaining that it's too loud and harsh

that's our future

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Crowsbeak posted:

Honorary Fallout song (Courtesy of Conelrad): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GwUuV_1cnA

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

:wow: That'd make this the highest turnout presidential election since 1968.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Talmonis posted:

Sammy Hagar was better than David Lee Roth. Fight me.

Why, this is a good opinion.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

there's this one dumb kids react video with whatever new song metallica put out and one of the kids is holding his ears and complaining that it's too loud and harsh

that's our future

i saw that same video, that kid turned out liking post black album metallica

agreed otherwise

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

that's our future

Maybe Metallica is just bad?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

that's our future

A good friend of mine is raising his daughter on death metal, so it won't be totally gone.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Only Good Eagle Was Joe Walsh

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lightning Knight posted:

We need a soundtrack to listen to on Election Night when Donald Trump gets nuked from orbit. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJzMzW3kuY

Hey Mr. Chapo, keep your money
I’ll bring him to you for free tied up like a dog
I’m voting for the crazy güero
Because of him we’re going to war

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

plz dont pull out posted:

As with most genres country is good if you do a little digging, or at least has a greater diversity of sound and subject matter than it might get credit for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNV16tz1NK0

Sturgill there made me sit up and pay attention. Thank you so much for posting that. I love country, but I have trouble finding new stuff. I mostly listen to the Outlaw era stuff.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

edrith posted:

google "Sierra Blanca"

Oh, no! You mean Sanders wasn't perfect? He actually took positions that are somewhat contradictory? Of course that means he doesn't care about minorities. My embrace of HRC as a candidate notwithstanding, I now reject Mr. Sanders and all he ever stood for.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 207 days!

Eschers Basement posted:

To follow up on this - Tip O'Neill (who was Speaker of the House when Carter was President) has nothing good to say about Carter and his staff in his memoirs, lamenting about how Carter assumed he could just intimidate Congress into going along with his direction just because he was the President, and that even Reagan treated O'Neill with more respect and coordination than Carter ever did.

As another example - in 1978, Carter proposed a massive energy bill that would have seriously put more effort into renewable sources and put more taxes into oil producers. As O'Neill tried to find compromises so that the Democrats could get it passed over Republican objections and a near unanimous opposition from the TX/LA/OK delegations, the Carter Adminsitration offered no help, and in fact every once in a while threw out suggested "good idea changes" that would wreck promises O'Neil had already made.

In the end, O'Neill got it passed in the House, but it got filibustered in the Senate and the Carter administration agreed to let it die because they didn't like the compromises O'Neill had made.

Carter is like a case study in why you don't actually want an "outsider," even if the idea sounds good. Although presumably Sanders wouldn't really be an outsider in this sense, since he's actually a Senator.

Trump... well, if we survive to read the accounts of his administration, they'd probably the best thing to come of the whole ordeal :laugh:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gin and Juche posted:

Maybe Metallica is just bad?

they are, but we're talking modern wuss rock metallica being too loud and harsh

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

WampaLord posted:

I'm crossposting from C-SPAM because amazingly they're more on topic than us right now. This derail is awful and needs to die.

:yikes:x500

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Increased turnout almost always favors Democrats. Realistically, was the campaign manager going to go on a press call and say "Actually, we expect to do worse than the last couple times, but them's the breaks?"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

there were a couple kids who immediatly liked thrash metallica so There Is Still Hope For The Children

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Katrina Pierson and Rudy Giuliani should just go ahead and have a fight to the death to determine who is truly The Worst Surrogate of All Time.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

loving UGH. Can we shoot Katrina Pierson into the sun on November 9th, please?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Munkeymon posted:

What about the track I posted upthread?

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSEVk8f2Co

This is pretty ok. The other one you posted reminds me of Tom and Jerry. Like really old Tom and Jerry.

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

that's our future

Yeah it's super weird, it was like somebody flipped a switch in 2014 and suddenly everything I listened too was uncool stuff that only edgelords in high school listened to. Oh well.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jazz is a bunch of first year band students wailing random notes before practice starts.

Rap is people talking angrily over a five second drum loop.

Country music is rich white southerners with bad accents who want to have sex with their pickups.

I am a moron.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lozzle posted:

Katrina Pierson and Rudy Giuliani should just go ahead and have a fight to the death to determine who is truly The Worst Surrogate of All Time.

Whoever wins we lose?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Crow Jane posted:

loving UGH. Can we shoot Katrina Pierson into the sun on November 9th, please?

She's not worth the delta-V that'd require

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

Considering the metal heads you see in record shops kids would probably be wise to stay away.

Get them hooked on something less damaging like dungeons and dragons or huffing model airplane glue.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
my kids going to be raised on the classics

the cronic and doggystyle :whatup:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

boner confessor posted:

there were a couple kids who immediatly liked thrash metallica so There Is Still Hope For The Children

we must supply them with the hellhammer demos stat

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah it's super weird, it was like somebody flipped a switch in 2014 and suddenly everything I listened too was uncool stuff that only edgelords in high school listened to. Oh well.

oh no everything you were listening to was uncool before then, you just didn't get the memo until a couple years ago

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gin and Juche posted:

Considering the metal heads you see in record shops kids would probably be wise to stay away.

Get them hooked on something less damaging like dungeons and dragons or huffing model airplane glue.

lol if you think metalheads don't play d&d whilst huffing glue

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ColdPie posted:

Jazz is a bunch of first year band students wailing random notes before practice starts.

Rap is people talking angrily over a five second drum loop.

Country music is rich white southerners with bad accents who want to have sex with their pickups.

I am a moron.

Eric Clapton is the progenitor of dubstep because "Tears in Heaven" is about a sick drop.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

we must supply them with the hellhammer demos stat

oh no everything you were listening to was uncool before then, you just didn't get the memo until a couple years ago

I'm sure it was, I was just surprised by that becoming the majority opinion.

I don't actually mind the music that's currently popular though, so it's all good.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Ciaphas posted:

She's not worth the delta-V that'd require

You are so wrong. Think of what we'd learn, FOR SCIENCE!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

A Winner is Jew posted:

my kids going to be raised on the classics

the cronic and doggystyle :whatup:

They aren't streaming on Google Play Music and Napster hit right when I was the age kids started buying music so obviously I'm not buying them. Really at a loss here.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

boner confessor posted:

lol if you think metalheads don't play d&d whilst huffing glue mainlining Mt. Dew.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGrfhsxxmdE

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrlmuprm-8

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Phone posted:

Eric Clapton is the progenitor of dubstep because "Tears in Heaven" is about a sick drop.

:golfclap:

Also Clapton is a huge racist so I'm glad his kid dead.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

that's our future

good

gently caress metallica for getting all pissy about music piracy

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

A Winner is Jew posted:

:golfclap:

Also Clapton is a huge racist so I'm glad his kid dead.

didn't this exact post happen like a week ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Phone posted:

Holy poo poo. :golfclap:

• Locked thread