Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Mirthless posted:

I think ya'll are just getting a bit too defensive about somebody doing things differently than you

I'm not the one saying "BEEP BOOP; IT IS NOT REQUIRED! IT IS NOT REQUIRED!" like Anne up there, lmao
No, you're condescendingly claiming it's a required element of standard hygiene, like anyone who doesn't have an equally ludicrous routine is a filthbeast who doesn't care about their appearance. I'm telling you that level of elaborateness isn't necessary to be clean or to have good hair. If you're being honest about your dryness, I seriously think you should talk to your doctor or at least look at your diet. I'm on a drug that dries out your body beyond belief, like I have basically zero natural oils anymore, and conditioning for 3 minutes once or twice a week is still more than enough for glossy, smooth hair.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [26F], feeling weird about the fact that the guy I'm seeing [25M] has slept with literally half his friendsRelationships

I'm betting Bort and his friends are/were theater or improv kids. Lotta cross-contamination in those circles. (I'm not sure if LARPers hook up with each other like crazy...)

E: man, some of you guys are really serious about your hair routines. Now I feel like a plebe because I use dry shampoo and leave-in conditioner a lot so my dye doesn't leech out so fast.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 20, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm betting Bort and his friends are/were theater or improv kids. Lotta cross-contamination in those circles. (I'm not sure if LARPers hook up with each other like crazy...)

i got four words for you buddy:

rocky. horror. picture. show.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

No, you're condescendingly claiming it's a required element of standard hygiene, like anyone who doesn't have an equally ludicrous routine is a filthbeast who doesn't care about their appearance. I'm telling you that level of elaborateness isn't necessary to be clean or to have good hair. If you're being honest about your dryness, I seriously think you should talk to your doctor or at least look at your diet. I'm on a drug that dries out your body beyond belief, like I have basically zero natural oils anymore, and conditioning for 3 minutes once or twice a week is still more than enough for glossy, smooth hair.

his hair is dry because he's dehyrdrated because my posts made him cry

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

maskenfreiheit posted:

i got four words for you buddy:

rocky. horror. picture. show.

I knew people that would 'do' RHPS (as in they'd dress up as the characters and like, pantomime the roles while the movie played). I can confirm that is true.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

his hair is dry because he's dehyrdrated because my posts made him cry

:rolleyes:

Anne Whateley posted:

I was being pretty jokey about the whole thing, I think you are taking this way too seriously

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

LadyPictureShow posted:

I knew people that would 'do' RHPS (as in they'd dress up as the characters and like, pantomime the roles while the movie played). I can confirm that is true.

Alamo Drafthouse does this regularly in Austin and probably elsewhere, it's absolutely A Thing (and half my friends lose their minds every time it happens, it's my fault for being a former theatre kid)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’d like to drown you all in conditioner

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If someone invites you to a RHPS date where you can do any of the following a) dress up b) meet their friends or c) not bring clothes you wouldnt want lipstick getting on, by attending you tacitly agree to be exposed to a truly majestic variety of human genitals.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fruit on the bottom posted:

I’d like to drown you all in conditioner

i hope it's coconut scented. ;)

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Turtlicious posted:

i hope it's coconut scented. ;)

You gonna be smelling like a pina colada, babe :mmmhmm:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barudak posted:

If someone invites you to a RHPS date where you can do any of the following a) dress up b) meet their friends or c) not bring clothes you wouldnt want lipstick getting on, by attending you tacitly agree to be exposed to a truly majestic variety of human genitals.

Man, I think a goon posted about his experience 'dating' a RHPS gal (I think it was on the front page?). She finally got him to go to a show, he had a lousy time, and after he met her other RHPS friends.

One started laughing or something when the guy said she was his girlfriend, and this poor sucker then saw the 'going away' present she gave to another cast member, and it was a framed nude photo of herself with a buttplug shaped like the RHPS lips.

E:
Holy cats, I found it!
True Tales of Shocking Horror: I Dated a Rocky Horror Cast Member
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/true-tales-shocking/1/

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 21, 2017

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
I like that orangey-gingery scented stuff.

Meanwhile this poor guy got stuck with his roommates pissbottles. He should pack them all up in a box and mail them to him.

quote:

[NYC] roommate moved and left urine bottles. How do I legally dispose of them without dumping them down the toilet? (self.legaladvice)
submitted 9 hours ago by Peebottlethrower

So I live in NYC with 4 other guys. I'm not on the lease and the guy who is will be away for a few days. It's a duplex and I live on the bottom floor.
I got an old friend a place to live because he was going through some problems at home and he lived downstairs with me. He recently moved back to his dad's place recently, and I offered to clean his room since the guy who owns the place will be away. The problem is that he left about 30-40 bottles of urine in his room. We have one upstairs bathroom and he was a bit shy and reclusive. I want to bag his urine bottles and dispose of them, but I don't want the super to find a bag of urine bottles. I also don't want to take then upstairs and dump them in the toilet, as that would arouse the suspicions of my upstairs roommate who is home and would reflect poorly on me. There is no visible blood, but some of the urine is so old, that it has turned black and murky. Can I just leave the bags at a dump or a landfill? Can I just take them to a dumpster or recycling center for disposal? Is this a biohazard? How can I legally dump this stuff in the NYC area?

:gonk:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ugh

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

almightyerin posted:

I like that orangey-gingery scented stuff.

Meanwhile this poor guy got stuck with his roommates pissbottles. He should pack them all up in a box and mail them to him.

:gonk:

Why would it reflect poorly on you? Tell your upstairs roommate the deal.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Mirthless posted:

At my peak I used up to 7 products in my hair per shower and my hair looked loving amazing. (It just got too expensive.) The more conditioner you add in, the softer and glossier your hair gets. Plus, different conditioners do different things. I have a restorative conditioner and a curling conditioner that I use every time I shower. I also occasionally use an anti-dandruff co-wash. 3 minutes per conditioner, that's 9 minutes. I'll use a mask 3 times a week, 5 minutes per application. That's in addition to a couple of shampoos that have to be on my scalp for at least a minute. My hair is very dry and brittle without a conditioner routine like this, for what it's worth.

My routine isn't even that intensive! I go for the middle of the range listed on the bottle (2 - 5 minutes per application) - I could easily spend a half hour or more in the shower just on my hair if I was inclined to put in the extra work.

jesus christ eat better food and your coat wont be so gross you ugly dog

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Baronjutter posted:

This is why I always laugh at poo poo like incels who says weirdo nerds can never get laid. All the way back to highschool the people loving the most were the weird grossest nerds and they got up to some advanced level gross greasy nerd kinks.

Yeah nerd girls have no self esteem

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Carrion Luggage posted:

jesus christ eat better food and your coat wont be so gross you ugly dog

Legally pizza is a vegetable so gently caress you mom

My [22F] boyfriend's [23M] mom is angry about my instagram posts.

quote:

Strap in for this whirlwind of craziness. I have been seeing my boyfriend for around 3 months, and he lives at home still so I have spent a considerable amount of time with his parents. The parents and I have got along just fine (or so I thought) to where I was having dinner with them 3+ nights a week.

I had never had any reason to believe they did not like me, as we have had long conversations and spent time together playing cards, watching sports, etc. Out of nowhere, my boyfriend let me know that his mom found my (very G rated) Instagram posts to be demonic and satanic. I had 26 pictures posted total, most of which were of my cat and or cute baby animals. An instagram a three year old would enjoy. Apparently she finds certain animals to be "evil." Like bats for example, which I love. She went so far as to say she "would not have that in her family." I was absolutley shocked to find out about her disgust with my posts and now I do not want to go over to my boyfriend's house and see her.

I felt so bad about my Instagram that I even deleted it to make her happy. I was embarrassed and ashamed of who I was for a moment, which is definitely not okay. I feel even worse that my boyfriend is caught up in the middle of this, as she is yelling at him for it.

I have no idea how to proceed with this, as my feelings are very hurt and I feel the things she said were undeserved. I am afraid to go over to his house because it is incredibly awkward now. How should I proceed?

tl;dr: My boyfriends mom is upset over my G-rated Instagram posts because of her religious beliefs about certain animals and has hurt my feelings/ made me feel bad about who I am. How should I proceed?

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

Legally pizza is a vegetable so gently caress you mom

My [22F] boyfriend's [23M] mom is angry about my instagram posts.

How are they going to type all of that and not tell us what the animal is? Is the mom trying to protect her son from horse-girls or does she think that goats are literally satan?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Long showers can be annoying but when we're talking 5 vs 15-20 minutes it's more like the OP is saying she should pay less because she barely cleans herself.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My showers typically last the length of NPR's "Up First" (~10 min). But I am bald and don't jerk off in showers

Me [25F] with my childhood singing teacher [60M], how do I tell him he crossed the line and I no longer want to see him or speak to him?Non-Romantic (self.relationships)

quote:

"Tom" was my singing teacher from age 4 to 14. He ran a sort of music school that put on musicals and talent shows. He was a huge part of my childhood, and I definitely wouldn't be where I am today without that school.

Tom moved across the country when I was 14, and I didn't hear from him until I went to college. It should be said that during the first few years after he left, my mom got phone calls from 3 moms asking if Tom was safe to leave their kids with (my mom was one of his references). We just assumed these were careful parents checking up on their kids new teacher.

Fast forward a few years: I moved away to college to study singing. When I was 18, Tom and I happened to be visiting my hometown during the same weekend. I ran into him at my old music school, and I asked him to listen and critique an audition song I had been working on. He did. I later got an email from him explaining that he had been offered a touring gig, and he needed a female singer. He wanted me to drop school and tour the world with him for a year. I was flattered, but turned it down. I don't remember feeling necessarily creeped out yet, but I did think it was a little odd... he didn't have any females his age he could ask?

He started writing to me about once a week. I would get messages from him at 1 in the morning when I was awake doing homework. He would say things like "what are you doing up so late, hun?" or "have a late night?" He would also send me funny pictures and videos he found randomly. I thought it was weird.. mostly because we had never had a "friend" relationship. It had always been professional. I responded with one word answers. The messages got more frequent and more personal: "hows your love life?" "I hope the guy you're dating it treating you well." "We should grab coffee next time we're in town at the same time."

I eventually got into a serious relationship, and the messages stopped. When that relationship ended after 2 years, I got a message from him asking about the breakup. I had never posted about the breakup, or told many people yet when I got the message. How did he know??? The messages started back up again: "I hope you have someone special to spend New Years with" "I'm always here to talk when you get lonely." Again, I was giving him short answers, and sometimes just completely ignoring him.

I ended up getting into a show in my hometown, and he sent me a message the night before opening saying that he was going to make a trip to see my show that weekend. I didn't get the message until hours before opening. I spoke to some women in the show with me about him, and all of them said he was very creepy and had always rubbed them the wrong way. When he came to the show, he asked the House Manager to tell me he was there. At the start of the show I entered the stage through the lobby, and HE WAS THERE. The show had already started, and he was just there waiting for me. I pretended to be in character, and told him to "gently caress off" in character. He laughed, but then left at intermission.

I ended up deleting him from social media, and I ignored all further messages. After a month, he emailed my mom asking why I had stopped talking to him, and if she could speak to me for him. She, very politely, told him that his "special trip" to see my show had made me very uncomfortable, and that I would rather our relationship to be strictly professional. That was a year ago. He has sent me maybe 5 messages since then trying to get me to talk to him.

And now he has moved back to my hometown. It's a small town, and there is no way for me to avoid him. He has already shown up to a rehearsal for a show I'm working on, and attends all theatre and music shows, like me. I ran into him today at a restaurant, and he asked to speak to me privately because he didn't know what he had done wrong. I told him I was in a hurry, and walked off.

So I want to be prepared next time I see him. What do I say? I feel that if he doesn't already know why I don't want him around me, then he has a whole other problem. He is a 60 year old hitting on a 24 year old who has, not once in 6 years, given him a reason to think I like his advances. Do I need to just tell him "You make me uncomfortable, please don't talk to me again." or should I ignore him? Or should I be harsher than that?

Any advice is appreciated

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ReadingZucchini posted:

How are they going to type all of that and not tell us what the animal is? Is the mom trying to protect her son from horse-girls or does she think that goats are literally satan?

quote:

Apparently she finds certain animals to be "evil." Like bats for example, which I love. She went so far as to say she "would not have that in her family."

The Mom apparently never dealt with the fact that not all of God’s creations are cute and fuzzy. Some of them lay eggs in people’s eyes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Mom apparently never dealt with the fact that not all of God’s creations are cute and fuzzy. Some of them lay eggs in people’s eyes.

Bats are cute and fuzzy, though.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

My reading comprehension is poo poo :rip:

edit: i hope mom gets infected with colonized by cordyceps

navier-stoked fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 21, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

My showers typically last the length of NPR's "Up First" (~10 min). But I am bald and don't jerk off in showers

Me [25F] with my childhood singing teacher [60M], how do I tell him he crossed the line and I no longer want to see him or speak to him?Non-Romantic (self.relationships)

holy poo poo lady talk to the police

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
When I heard about 'spends too long in the shower' I was expecting an hour minimum, which comes up with most of the insane shower length stories on Google. I recall hearing about a woman who showered so long she took breaks from it, in the middle of leaving the water running for 3 hours or something. 20 minutes is nothing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
20 is kinda long particularly if you're in a living situation where everyone is getting up at the same time and that means you're hogging the bathroom for half an hour during peak times.

But that op said they have multiple bathrooms and it's about the water bill which is just kinda ridiculous.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Water is pretty cheap in most places anyway. Yeah maybe not in freaky weird places with big economic problems, but like in most of the usa that'll be one of your lowest bills.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

Water is pretty cheap in most places anyway. Yeah maybe not in freaky weird places with big economic problems, but like in most of the usa that'll be one of your lowest bills.

It's only cheap in many parts of the US because it's heavily subsidized. Water in Arizona, Nevada, and California should cost more than its volume in petrol. Maybe if it did people would conserve a bit.

Also some places just have a lovely water supply. Like in Israel, things would get pretty bad once in a while until they got desalination going properly somewhere in the 2000's, iirc.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
In college I lived in a 4 person apartment with 1 bathroom, like not even a secondary sink/toilet, and I had a roommate that took super long showers and did whatever in there afterwords for like another 20 minutes, and so he took up the bathroom for like a full hour every morning right before classes. I showered at night at the time, so that wasn't an issue, but like I couldn't even take a leak or brush my teeth in the morning before I had to leave with him there. I straight up got into a routine where I'd brush my teeth in the kitchen and leave early to hit a campus bathroom on my way to classes.

Before you ask I did try to wake up early but after a couple of days of beating him to the bathroom he just seemed to switch his schedule around, it was uncanny to the point where I was questioning if he'd hear my alarm, rush to the bathroom, and lock himself in there until I had to leave.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ArbitraryC posted:

In college I lived in a 4 person apartment with 1 bathroom, like not even a secondary sink/toilet, and I had a roommate that took super long showers and did whatever in there afterwords for like another 20 minutes, and so he took up the bathroom for like a full hour every morning right before classes. I showered at night at the time, so that wasn't an issue, but like I couldn't even take a leak or brush my teeth in the morning before I had to leave with him there. I straight up got into a routine where I'd brush my teeth in the kitchen and leave early to hit a campus bathroom on my way to classes.

Before you ask I did try to wake up early but after a couple of days of beating him to the bathroom he just seemed to switch his schedule around, it was uncanny to the point where I was questioning if he'd hear my alarm, rush to the bathroom, and lock himself in there until I had to leave.

You should have peed in a cup and left it outside the bathroom with a note "pour it in when you're done, there's a good lad".

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Lol to me twenty minutes is like the hard upper limit of a long shower, but that's because I grew up during a ten year long drought where you were shamed by the government if your showers were longer than five minutes.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I had a roommate in grad school that knew I tutored at 9 am every T/Th. Without fail she'd be in the shower when I needed to get ready to go even though she didn't have to be up early for anything (didn't work, out classes were all in the afternoon).

And even though the bathroom was big and the toilet/sink wasn't close to the shower, she'd get snippy as gently caress if I came in to use the can or brush my teeth. If she'd say something about it, my answer was always 'you know I tutor these mornings, tough titties, get in the shower fifteen minutes later'

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

i had a room mate like this who ended up calling a house meeting because he caught me pissing in the sink

[Poland]Can I get it written on my will that after I die, I want my body to be thrown into a trash instead of having a costly funeral?
(self.legaladvice)

quote:

And if not. What would be the cheapest solution to dispose a corpse?

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 21, 2017

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's only cheap in many parts of the US because it's heavily subsidized. Water in Arizona, Nevada, and California should cost more than its volume in petrol. Maybe if it did people would conserve a bit.

Also some places just have a lovely water supply. Like in Israel, things would get pretty bad once in a while until they got desalination going properly somewhere in the 2000's, iirc.

In California it's because we have a huge agricultural sector. A few years back there was a huge effort to get residential areas to cut back and go to desert/fake lawns despite towns and cities accounting for less than 10% of the water usage. God forbid agribusiness be forced to fix some leaky pipes or poo poo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Or stop growing almonds, rice and cotton in arid climates. Same problem down under.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I was tricked by this post and I'm desperately hoping I'm not the only one

Not gonna lie it got me hard enough I didn't realize it was not a pick post til you mentioned it.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

ranbo das posted:

Not gonna lie it got me hard enough I didn't realize it was not a pick post til you mentioned it.

That’s some interesting wording right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/50jt64/can_i_sue_my_beekeeper_neighbor/

quote:

Every day i see my neighbor's bees flying around my garden stealing the pollen or nectar from my flowers. Then the bees go back to my neighbor and creates honey. My neighbor then harvests the honey and sells it at the farmers market for profit. I have never recieved so much as a jar of honey as compensation and everyday my neighbors bees trespass and steal my flowers. I was stung once when I was a child, so i know how dangerous bees can be.
The way i see it, this is equivalent to a persons dog coming into my yard to steal balls or tools then gives it back to his owner who then sells it for profit.
Do i have legal ground to sue? What type of things should I begin documenting in order to prepare for a legal battle? What would be a fair settlement amount if my neighbor doesnt want to take this to court? Thanks for the help.

this is a great one

quote:

I will begin to quantify how much this costs. I think the majority of the damages will be loss of man hours. I will work on it this evening and have an estimate.

quote:

I spend hours everyday in my garden. I maintain it myself. Flowers have died and I wouldnt be surprised if over-harvesting by his bees caused damage to my garden. Growing the flowers from seeds, weeding, applying plant food everyday, removal of parastic pests all add up time. When his bees kill my flowers those hours are lost