Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

For a second there I was wondering why Jubilee was with the Inhumans but then I noticed her huge boobs. Its actually the woman with the lizard tail. Stupid yellow longcoat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jubilee is too busy being a teen mom to go to space.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

That's what I was thinking.

"Why is Jubilee with the Inhumans? And where is her baby at? And since when is she a D cup? ... I don't think that's Jubilee."

Then I noticed the epaulettes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heathen posted:

That's what I was thinking.

"Why is Jubilee with the Inhumans? And where is her baby at? And since when is she a D cup? ... I don't think that's Jubilee."

Then I noticed the epaulettes.

I see someone doesn't remember The New Warriors!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

X-O posted:

Poor Missouri.

I just noticed, didn't they literally just replace Quasar?
Why is Wendell still in the costume?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SilverSupernova posted:

I just noticed, didn't they literally just replace Quasar?
Why is Wendell still in the costume?

Because again it includes a bunch of dead and no longer active guys. Seems like is just a random mix of people over the years.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
So I noticed Eternity is chained up in the background of a lot of cosmic-level books. Anyone know what's going on there yet, or is it the seed of The Next Big Event?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

So I noticed Eternity is chained up in the background of a lot of cosmic-level books. Anyone know what's going on there yet, or is it the seed of The Next Big Event?

He's just into that poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Ewing has been sort of running with that in Ultimates. Hasn't been explained, but Good Galactus is on the case!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
drat it, Marvel, that's just about the only possible thing that could get me remotely interested in an Inhumans book. And it's still touch and go.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I was sold at Ewing doing an Inhumans book. Adding Marvel Boy is just spoiling me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's a big Comixology sale on ANAD trades right now. Everything listed is $5.
https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Collections-Sale/page/13202?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 22, 2016

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I recall ANAD's reception being rather lukewarm. What would some recommendations be?

Of the trades on sale I have read The Mighty Thor, Pre-SW Silk, Pre-SW Spider-Gwen, Totally Awesome Hulk, and Vision.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

OhFunny posted:

I recall ANAD's reception being rather lukewarm. What would some recommendations be?
I really enjoyed Squirrel Girl, Patsy Walker aka Hellcat! and Spider-woman.

E: Vision is great too, but you mentioned that.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 22, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Rhyno posted:

He's just into that poo poo.
Don't kinkshame.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

OhFunny posted:

Of the trades on sale I have read The Mighty Thor, Pre-SW Silk, Pre-SW Spider-Gwen, Totally Awesome Hulk, and Vision.

didn't see it on sale but wolverine is good

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Squirrel Girl and Hellcat are amazing.

I'm also liking Squadron Supreme, which is kind of a dark horse team book.

Just finished Starbrand & Nightmask. no one really cared about those dudes in Avengers but it's a nice and funny story. I'm gonna read Weirdworld now, it's got Mike del Mundo art which is gorgeous as hell.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Black Bolt solo from Saladin Ahmed (Crescent Moon Kingdoms novelist, new to comics) and Christian Ward.

Interview: http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvels-king-of-the-inhumans-is-getting-his-first-ever-1789261128

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 22, 2016

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Nobby posted:

this one's a mentally unstable bear with low self-esteem
Tell me more...

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Teenage Fansub posted:

Black Bolt solo from Saladin Ahmed (Crescent Moon Kingdoms novelist, new to comics) and Christian Ward.

Interview: http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvels-king-of-the-inhumans-is-getting-his-first-ever-1789261128

Holy loving poo poo that is amazing. Saladin Ahmed is a great writer and good person and I cannot wait to see what he does with this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Solicits. Old Man Logan is ending in time for ResurreXxioxn
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/22/marvel-solicitations-for-february-2017-daredevils-little-universe/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Bolt being rewarded for his genocide is disgusting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Black Bolt's Hat: "My eyes are down here"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Black Bolt being rewarded for his genocide is disgusting.

Make Attilian great again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's no way old man logan survives that event, is there?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

MONSTERS UNLEASHED #2 (OF 5)
CULLEN BUNN (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)
Well there goes my interest in this.

EDIT: Maybe he's only on the one issue, but still.

IUG fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 22, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh god, Zdarsky on Strange, I gotta see this.

That Hellcat sounds like it'll be fun too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

OhFunny posted:

I don't know about the reception, but there was very little that came from ANAD that wasn't good. Just some X books mostly.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
heck yeah al ewing

quote:

CBR: “U.S. Avengers” will debut in the aftermath of a very divisive election in the United States. Will that impact and inform the book?

Al Ewing: It’s made it a lot more difficult, for obvious reasons. Not the least because things are happening so fast at this point – I honestly have no idea what America will be or represent when the book comes out. I don’t even know what America will look like when this interview comes out. Things are really not normal right now, and it seems like every day brings some new piece of ugly strangeness to our attention. I’m scared for my friends.

In a context like that, I wonder how useful escapism or superhero thrills can be, but as part of a balanced diet and as a means of taking a breather, recharging the batteries, and maybe finding some sort of positive inspiration in a difficult time, I’d at least like to believe it does more good than harm. And having the United States represented in this hour by this team feels relatively positive. Roberto is an immigrant to the US, and that’s his flag. Toni was born in Seattle, Washington, to parents who were immigrants, and that’s her flag. Sam is a coal miner’s son from Kentucky, and it’s his flag. It’s a symbol that belongs to everyone in America, whether they were born there or chose there or fled there, whatever their religion or race or sexuality or anything else. All, not just some.

I’m sure some people are asking what exactly I know about it – well, I have the same relationship with the Union Jack, as I’ve said before. It’s ours, if it’s all of ours. And yeah, flags have blood on them, and they’re heavy with the weight of history, and there are conversations to be had about using them as symbols. But they are used as symbols, and if we make a national flag the sole property of any one group, we hand them a very powerful symbol indeed.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
I've been playing catch up on a few titles as far back as 3 months, so I'm a little confused on some of the Marvel Now resets. I'd like to plan a big Black Friday order to finish catching up - is the US Avengers the spiritual successor to Ewing's New Avengers run?

Is there an equivalent to the Uncanny Avengers going forward? I actually liked that book quite a bit.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Blockhouse posted:

heck yeah al ewing

So Hydra-Cap #1 hit Unlimited yesterday. It is distressingly, depressingly, and chillingly current and topical.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Robot Danger posted:

I've been playing catch up on a few titles as far back as 3 months, so I'm a little confused on some of the Marvel Now resets. I'd like to plan a big Black Friday order to finish catching up - is the US Avengers the spiritual successor to Ewing's New Avengers run?

Is there an equivalent to the Uncanny Avengers going forward? I actually liked that book quite a bit.

it is a direct follow up to new avengers

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Death of X #4 is the most hilarious kick in the dick. Holy poo poo.

SPOILERS BE FOLLOWING

Cyclops was indeed dead from the start. He died of MPOX and Emma used her powers to convince everyone he was still alive. Then Black Bolt "killed" Fake Cyclops. She turned him into a idea and "ideas can't die."

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Called it!

Edit: not that it was hard, they made it pretty fuckin' clear that either that or something like that was going on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I actually like that quite a bit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

I actually like that quite a bit.

I don't. I don't like it at all.

Really mad right now about comic books.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It could have been cool if the writing through this event had been less balls.

So why is everyone in the present mad at Cyclops? Does no one know that Emma's the one who's been behind his shenanigans? Scott Summers' name is besmirched across the world because his ex fooled everyone into thinking he's more of a turd than he really is?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't. I don't like it at all.

Really mad right now about comic books.

I feel like maybe an upcoming event name might hint at changes here.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, so if anything that probably means that Scott will come back for RessurXion. He didn't actually do anything bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
And he was right.

• Locked thread