Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.

Grump posted:

I mostly want it bc it's sounding a lot like Socom and I fuckin miss those games

That's exactly why I purchased this game, you won't be disappointed (Socom II is my favorite multiplayer game ever). This is a similar experience, teams working together on the mics is important and a major advantage. I haven't played a console game with this feel in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It's been said ITT before, but I really want a SWAT 5 game now. It'd be rad to have an offline mode where you could field a squad and order them to breach and bang a room, etc.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I love nitro cells so much. They're insanely versatile.

Smoke grenades, though...smoke grenades are bad.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Vengarr posted:

I love nitro cells so much. They're insanely versatile.

Smoke grenades, though...smoke grenades are bad.

Smoke grenades are excellent for hostage mode. Pop some in to cover the hostage and line of sight to him from where people are / your entry and path to them, wait a bit so they dump their ammo too early and have to reload, get in, yoink the hostage, get out. I've had great success with this.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Smoke grenades also last long enough to keep defenders focused on one entrance while you make a secondary breach

Ektor
Oct 16, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Are multiplayer games hosted on one of the participants computers or are they on uplay servers? T hunt seems to be hosted from the party leaders comp.

pvp games are hosted on servers
the only thing which is hosted by the party leader is the party as itself (which can create some issues if your machines cant communicate togethers)

PVE/coop is hosted on player machine, so yes T Hunt is hosted on a player's comp, we are working on improving that (host migration)

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

It's next week where's my netcode patch? :colbert:

Awry
Jan 21, 2011

Perturbations!
Just got banned from Polygon for telling them their Siege review was deceptive for a number of reasons. Cheevo unlocked? :shrug: (I know, I know. Polygon, another iteration of a hot stove.)

Really enjoying this game with several other buddies. It has its flaws but hopefully a lot of them will be quelled with this week's patch.

Foehammer posted:

Smoke grenades also last long enough to keep defenders focused on one entrance while you make a secondary breach

I read that smoke grenades can be seen through mo' betta if you have certain graphics settings at low, ala old school CS. Haven't tested it myself, anyone personally seen this? I've love to know.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

They can. Also: on some settings smokes gas doesnt match up with the hitbox, so you can be like me and walk towards a door you thought was clear and then fall over dead.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
It's really weird how much poo poo this game is getting for being "grindy".

Have these people played a Call of Duty game since 4, or a Battlefield game since 3?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Dezztroy posted:

It's really weird how much poo poo this game is getting for being "grindy".

Have these people played a Call of Duty game since 4, or a Battlefield game since 3?

The grind is exceedingly minimal compared to those

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Awry posted:

I read that smoke grenades can be seen through mo' betta if you have certain graphics settings at low, ala old school CS. Haven't tested it myself, anyone personally seen this? I've love to know.

That would make sense, I have my poo poo turned down low because my rig sucks and I can see through them pretty easy unless I'm physically in the cloud.

You don't need to grind at all, just do the Situations on Normal and do all the bonus objectives. 600 renown per mission x 11 missions is enough to unlock 4 or 5 operators per team (attackers/defenders), which is more than enough.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I basically never bother with smoke because of stuff like that. I also don't really see the point of a thing that blinds both you and the enemy equally when you also have an option that blinds just the enemy in stun grenades (unless you bounce it off the door frame like I often do). They'd be more useful if attackers had some kind of thermal goggles mode like the Vegas games, but even Glaz's thermal scope can't see through the smoke cloud.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game has like no grind

the early unlocks you can get an operator in 2 wins

the later unlocks, 5-6 wins (probably?)

and its like, by that point, you already have 10 or so people unlocked, you're good

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I'll be curious to see how grindy it gets to unlock dlc operators, but as of right now it goes extremely fast.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Foehammer posted:

I'll be curious to see how grindy it gets to unlock dlc operators, but as of right now it goes extremely fast.

The DLC operators are supposed to be 25k renown each? I have all but 3 or 4 operators that i dont care to unlock and I've played a lot (rank 45ish) and only have about 15k renown saved up.

So its definitely going to be a grind to get a DLC operator, but I'm also fine having like 8 operators to choose from on attack and defense.

Awry
Jan 21, 2011

Perturbations!

Eonwe posted:

this game has like no grind

the early unlocks you can get an operator in 2 wins

the later unlocks, 5-6 wins (probably?)

and its like, by that point, you already have 10 or so people unlocked, you're good

Vengarr posted:

That would make sense, I have my poo poo turned down low because my rig sucks and I can see through them pretty easy unless I'm physically in the cloud.

You don't need to grind at all, just do the Situations on Normal and do all the bonus objectives. 600 renown per mission x 11 missions is enough to unlock 4 or 5 operators per team (attackers/defenders), which is more than enough.

Thank God other people agree that poo poo is idiotic. Polygon compared it to LoL and Heroes of the Storm FFS, didn't mention the points you could easily get as above, or that all Season Pass stuff was earnable through reknown. No single player according to them, either.

Then you have dipshits thanking them profusely for calling out aggressive microtransactional systems and saving modern day gaming. :staredog:

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Won this in the christmas raffle in work for the data department :>

Steam/Uplay are both ChickenWyngz

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Awry posted:

Just got banned from Polygon for telling them their Siege review was deceptive for a number of reasons. Cheevo unlocked? :shrug: (I know, I know. Polygon, another iteration of a hot stove.)

But seriously, after playing World of Tanks and Killing Floor 2, I felt like I may have just had my perceptions flipped. It's nice to see people agree that there is little grind to this game. Playing and completing the challenges for the first situation and watching the three tutorial vids give you over 1000 Tactical Dollars to buy a few Operators or some equipment right at the start while learning the game. I swear there's this one group out there right now of like 20 dudes who take it upon themselves to freak the absolute hell out when any sort of microtransaction or freemium model pops up. KF2 and Payday 2 both got it the worst, with the latter having people posting suicide threats to the games' voice actors over Steam marketplace transactions being introduced.

Sorry about the off-topic. Maybe I'm frustrated because I want the Russian SMG on someone besides a defensive player. I love that little monster.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
It takes like one hour to run through 10 situations and that, with the tutorials, is enough for nearly 10 operators.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I hope they let me type in dr pepper codes for clancy bucks, that was the best BF3 tie-in.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Awry posted:

Thank God other people agree that poo poo is idiotic. Polygon compared it to LoL and Heroes of the Storm FFS, didn't mention the points you could easily get as above, or that all Season Pass stuff was earnable through reknown. No single player according to them, either.

Then you have dipshits thanking them profusely for calling out aggressive microtransactional systems and saving modern day gaming. :staredog:

Yeah several reviews have called out the game as being "grindy" when it's hands down the most generous system in a AAA game in years. The same sites that are totally fine with the ridiculous progression speeds of a LoL or certain Blizzard games.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

First game : Got teamkilled by a french teenager who scream human being and merde at me because I couldn't follow his instructions because I don't speak french

Second game : fortify hell out of small room, knife two guys because of judicious use of barbed wire

10/10

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

causticBeet posted:

Remove suicide bombers from the game. They're the absolute loving worst thing in t hunt and it's ridiculous when not only do you have guys randomly spawning behind you but you have guys spawning that will just run at you and 1 shot you

Someone said it earlier but it makes sense that they were made for that single gas level which I took out of my rotation cause it blows. Otherwise it's fun to watch them kill 3 teammates who pack into a tight hallway and don't have their sound on.

Also why doesn't Terrorist Hunt on Hard yield more points? It's not that much harder than Normal but I find that almost everyone uses their mics which is nice.

If anyone wants to link up my PSN is spvcejam-

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wasn't even aware there were people that thought this game was grindy. I've almost unlocked every operator at this point and that's just for completion's sake - I've already kitted out the operators I like with weapon mods. If this were Battlefield I'd still be like a dozen levels away from the guns I wanted to use let alone the good mods for them. Basically the only "expensive" thing is weapon skins and who cares if that costs a lot? It's just there to give you something to spend points on after you e unlocked everyone.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Game Journos and multiplayer games never get along.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ChickenWyngz posted:

Game Journos and multiplayer games never get along.
It's because most gaming yournalists won't spend more than a few hours per game, hence they have cow eyes and absolute lack of understanding.

Awry
Jan 21, 2011

Perturbations!

DatonKallandor posted:

Yeah several reviews have called out the game as being "grindy" when it's hands down the most generous system in a AAA game in years. The same sites that are totally fine with the ridiculous progression speeds of a LoL or certain Blizzard games.
Compared to BF's Play Class to unlock weapon > Use weapon to unlock attachment (with the silly amount of kills you need), it's pretty ridiculous that they would make that assertion.

Not only that but it's somehow compared to a MOBA (wut) where heroes all cost absurd amounts, and they don't even start you off with any sizeable amount of currency to purchase anything more than the bottom tier of prices.

But alas, Games Journalism™

edit: beaten to the punch by the fine gentlemen above me

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Well I've had it for like 3 hours and I haven't felt tension like this in years

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

96 spacejam posted:

Also why doesn't Terrorist Hunt on Hard yield more points? It's not that much harder than Normal but I find that almost everyone uses their mics which is nice.

If you mean renown and experience, it does. It's pretty clearly indicated by the +Renown/XP when you pick Hard, or ++Renown/XP for Realistic. Ranked is the same deal. Of course, renown and XP are directly based on your score in both game modes, so if you do worse in Hard compared to Normal it's going to end up being about the same.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Lovin playing mp (Terrorist hunt is for PC players I guess since it runs like poo poo on ps4 but mp runs great) but my biggest peeve is still getting single shot in the head and dying instantly vs people just loving spraying.

Seeing that

120 dmg (100%) or whatever damage marker makes me crazy and I go wild with grief

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

The next time u alone with bae, look her straight in the eyes:

"Insertion in 10 seconds"

"Insertion in 5 seconds"

"Proceed to bio hazard container"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ChickenWyngz posted:

"Insertion in 5 seconds"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ChickenWyngz posted:

"Insertion in 5 seconds"

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Well, looks like I found my new favorite tactic for defending on hostage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRM5pYSJGo

The hostages random jostling really makes him an effective shield.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

ChickenWyngz posted:

"Insertion in 5 seconds"

tfw you can't find it before the time limit is up.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

tfw you can't find it before the time limit is up.

That's why you send in a drone first geez

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Liberatore posted:

If you mean renown and experience, it does. It's pretty clearly indicated by the +Renown/XP when you pick Hard, or ++Renown/XP for Realistic. Ranked is the same deal. Of course, renown and XP are directly based on your score in both game modes, so if you do worse in Hard compared to Normal it's going to end up being about the same.

Ah that makes sense. I had a booster on and was getting about 280~ Renown each game (can't recall XP) which is about the same I was making in Normal. Granted Hard is just more fun due to the fact that more people use mics on PS4. Normal is just way too easy even with no one communicating.

Still have yet to do Realistic though, maybe that's where it's at for TH.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I don't know how you're supposed to beat Thatcher's situation on the higher difficulties. As soon as you grab the hostage, a switch gets flipped and all the terrorists in the world start teleporting to your location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vengarr posted:

I don't know how you're supposed to beat Thatcher's situation on the higher difficulties. As soon as you grab the hostage, a switch gets flipped and all the terrorists in the world start teleporting to your location.

You clear all the terrorists first. In any of the hostage rescue TH missions (which includes the situations), activating the hostage routes all terrorists on the map to your location and spawns a small squad of about 4-6 guys, half of which will camp by the rescue zone and the other half will go towards you with the rest. If you clear the map first, then the only guys that will rush you are the couple that spawn with that extra squad, which are fairly easy to just wait by a corner to take out.

• Locked thread