Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

If it goes to pens, we’re done, but at least they gave one hell of a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Everyone strap in

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I can’t handle this

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Just play extra time instead god drat it

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
delgadnooooo

gently caress no extra time that's horseshit imo

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

:toxx: ban me if Toronto win the CCL on penalties

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Does anyone know how good Toronto is at PKs in finals?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

been following on and off all night but man am I surprised the nice boys from the Toronto Football Club have pulled off a 2-1 result so far. My little pal Seb is truly a cool guy and I'll let him get as much ice cream as he wants when he gets back (jk if he gets more than 2 scoops he'll never go to bed ;) )

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Does anyone know how good Toronto is at PKs in finals?

Believe they lost last time a final went to penalties.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

We don't talk about that

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

threeagainstfour posted:

Believe they lost last time a final went to penalties.

Well I'm sure it was an away game against a team they were clearly not superior to all night, hard to fault them there...

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

oh no osorio

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
This is stressful

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Zaza’d it

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

not again

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Never a doubt Bradley

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Nice try TFC, gently caress Chivas but lmao that was insanely bad by Bradley

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

why

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

jfc Bradley

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
lmao Bradley

oh my god that was terrible

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Lol Michael Bradley sucks

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RtlpXsl8k

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
rips

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
lol bradley... I knew osorio was going to miss too with that stutter step stop step.

Silver Spooner
Jun 10, 2013
CONCACAF'D

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Osorio was just as embarrassing thinking he was loving Neymar with the stutter step and could change last minute. Just kick it hard and pick a side like everyone else.
Bradley was comical and sad but such is life being bald

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

it's too bad greg vanney doesn't train penalties but you have to give him credit for sticking to his convictions

Silver Spooner
Jun 10, 2013
Delgado had time for an extra touch.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

BWV posted:

Osorio was just as embarrassing thinking he was loving Neymar with the stutter step and could change last minute. Just kick it hard and pick a side like everyone else.
Bradley was comical and sad but such is life being bald

Osorio seems like a player who thinks he's much more skilled than he really is. He always tries to take extra dribbles and then loses the ball more often than not and that penalty was a good example of that mindset too. Once and awhile he'll get a backheel goal or something but usually it's just mistakes.

Why didn't Altidore take a penalty? He played out the remainder of the game didn't he..

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Silver Spooner posted:

Delgado had time for an extra touch.

he did

Silver Spooner
Jun 10, 2013

DuhSal posted:

Why didn't Altidore take a penalty? He played out the remainder of the game didn't he..

No, Aketxe came on for him at 85'.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Silver Spooner posted:

No, Aketxe came on for him at 85'.

Yeah, went up for a header, came down, instantly went "sub me off now"

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

You know I am happy Bradley lost this for Toronto in penalties... the MLS crap of "This will redeem him missing the world cup and get him back into the National Team" was such an awful prospect I think losing to Chivas was worth it.

MLS looked a lot better this tournament and was actually competitive. Whether they actually win anything *shrug*.

Silver Spooner
Jun 10, 2013

Jack2142 posted:

MLS looked a lot better this tournament and was actually competitive. Whether they actually win anything *shrug*.

They won’t, ever, because CONCACAF.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Jack2142 posted:

You know I am happy Bradley lost this for Toronto in penalties... the MLS crap of "This will redeem him missing the world cup and get him back into the National Team" was such an awful prospect I think losing to Chivas was worth it.

lol how are you still fuckin butthurt about Bradley, he played CB for the first time in his life and did a surprisingly good job up until one lovely pk, after him being a major part of this team getting to the finals in the first place

he's a scapegoat for a failed generation, but guess what, i don't give a flying gently caress about the USMNT, cheers

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

cant believe you thought this was worth writing

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

trip report: everyone was actually really nice, and i've had more things thrown at me in montreal, columbus, philly, etc

also at halftime the cops dragged a chivas fan into our bathroom and beat the poo poo out of him so violently it broke the plumbing and left blood all over the counter

now im going to get some (more) tacos

in conclusion, for everybody who has never been to a champions league final (which is literally every each and one of you because there are no rsl or impact fans here) i highly recommend it

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

also there's a street in this city thats like a red light district only it's mariachi bands instead of prostitutes and that is still really funny, to me

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pretty sure there's 1 or 2 Impact lurking fans here, but point taken.

Get all the tacos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Pretty sure there's 1 or 2 Impact lurking fans here

if there were, they would have shown up to gloat

i know i did

• Locked thread