Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
got myself a new ds flashcart and a Cyndaquil named Pogorp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

beer gas canister posted:

got myself a new ds flashcart and a Cyndaquil named Pogorp

do you know if 3ds flash carts are reliable yet?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
No clue brother i'm gamin on a good ol dubya era fatty ds and loving life

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i'm playing street fighter alpha 3 on swintendo nitch

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I installed Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars last week but only played a few missions. Finished the campaigns for AOE 4 maybe 2-3 weeks ago and don't really have a desire to play any more since I don't do multiplayer at all.

I just bought Valheim a few days ago. Not sure why, I've never heard of it until I saw it. I probably won't play it, as is tradition.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021
Crusader Kings II. Desperately trying to take all the de jure land in the Kingdom of England while getting regularly roflstomped by Swedish Vikings and the Byzantine Empire is really hacked off at me after I tried to take them over because my great-grandmother had a claim. Plus the usual pissy vassals. FML.

(edit: this wireless keyboard is great if I want my entire post to be typos.)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I ended up playing Titan's Quest because I don't know it sounded good

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Valko posted:

I bought my PC roughly 15 years ago. I got it cheap because it was a former display model. After a couple of fried hard-drives, a new power pack, a new monitor, 3 new graphics adatpers, etc.. The speakers are the only original parts left. Which reminds me - over 6 years and I haven't backed up my hard drive :aaa:.

I finished Prey (2017) a few days ago. It was an experience.

I bought my first all-new PC since 2010 last year because I had the money, could pull the trigger on a videocard there and then for not too much of a scalp, and just decided to go high-end on everything if I was going to buy an RTX.

I was very pleased with the decision, migrated the mid-end videocard in the old one to my dad's computer, took the 2010 card and put it in its original home and now I have a linux fileserver that I'm planning on RAIDing, in addition to a high-end computer that is gonna be around for a long while thanks to modern consoles.

Gotta love that versatility and reusability.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just bought Valheim a few days ago. Not sure why, I've never heard of it until I saw it. I probably won't play it, as is tradition.

This is a good choice. I know it's wildly popular but I found it very mediocre and I like survival games.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I've been playing Battle Brothers again.

Classic game.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Update to my unorthodox low-agi fistman fallout 2 run: I now have a deathclaw and Vic the trader in my party. So far mantises have not caused us problems

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I was until my neighbor came by and told me to stop shouting those gamer words as loud as I am.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Alchemist posted:

Update to my unorthodox low-agi fistman fallout 2 run: I now have a deathclaw and Vic the trader in my party. So far mantises have not caused us problems

The problem with Mantids is not that they're dangerous, but that they turn the game into a massive slog because they have eight million AP and spawn in enormous hordes that all take turns moving and attacking. If your AP is low, that means it takes even longer to kill them. They're not hard to kill, but they're annoying as poo poo.

Without burst weapons or explosives, clearing Mantid swarms takes forever with single shot weapons or low AGI melee/unarmed.

In fact, that's the number one concern with Fallout 1/2 combat, it's not necessarily how you make the strongest character, but the one that can end combat the fastest, because the combat loving sucks and takes forever.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I've gone back to Hardspace: Shipbreaker, because they've revamped it a bunch and added a lot of stuff! It's still in Early Access, but it's entirely worth it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I played Din's Legacy last night and even though that game is janky as gently caress, it's kinda fun as hell

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I wish the start of FO2 wasn't so boring, I really want to try the game.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

bagmonkey posted:

I played Din's Legacy last night and even though that game is janky as gently caress, it's kinda fun as hell

I like those games, they're really weird and hectic but have some good ideas. I think you can play it co-op as well, which always seemed like it would be fun.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Played an alpha trial of a game called Songs of Conquest which is basically exactly a Heroes of Might and Magic 3 spiritual remake, looks pretty cool although has a ways to go. Started a game called White Shadows that is basically a LIMBO/Little Nightmares-like but is so beautiful in monochrome. Also played a bit of The Captain which is a point and click puzzle solving game with a grounded sci-fo story.

Valko posted:

I bought my PC roughly 15 years ago. I got it cheap because it was a former display model. After a couple of fried hard-drives, a new power pack, a new monitor, 3 new graphics adatpers, etc.. The speakers are the only original parts left. Which reminds me - over 6 years and I haven't backed up my hard drive :aaa:.

I finished Prey (2017) a few days ago. It was an experience.

drat, that's a long time! I used to get laptops mainly but I got my first real PC that could do some gaming about 6 years ago. I've since subbed the 1060 for a 3070 and added about 20 terabytes of storage. Next thing I change will be a full upgrade of the central parts: new motherboard, new CPU, new RAM and most likely a new case (the one that came with my prebuilt has terrible airflow and only really works because my monitor only does 1080p at 60 Hz). Not sure what I'll do with the leftovers as I still have my 1060 but I was thinking of putting together a basic PC for my girlfriend if she wants one, or maybe for my parents.

That probably won't happen for several more years though.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Playin me some Chrono Cross!!!!

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021
I just played some Quake II and kicked rear end big time.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i need some 'ring times from you boys, someone else must play assetto corsa or gran turisimo or something

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

numberoneposter posted:

i need some 'ring times from you boys, someone else must play assetto corsa or gran turisimo or something

I'll get back to you on this but you need to understand I suck.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

imperiusdamian posted:

I just played some Quake II and kicked rear end big time.

Pursuant to my earlier post I just realised it's the 24th anniversary of Quake II's release. And I've been playing it ever since. I have no life :-P

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
todays also the 26th anniversary of Warcraft 2

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pro starcraft loser posted:

I wish the start of FO2 wasn't so boring, I really want to try the game.

that temple is the worst, but the game gets significantly better once you stop loving around kicking ants

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

todays also the 26th anniversary of Warcraft 2

I'll admit I never played WC2. My introduction to RTSs was Command & Conquer, then I discovered Age of Empires and never looked back.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021
So has anyone here ever played EVE Online? [/troll]

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Is the new halo singleplayer good? Kind of bumming that they postponed co-op until next year :(

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

numberoneposter posted:

I drive the ring very calmly, any faster than 9:30 is very irresponsible.

I haven't played circuit racing games in like nearly a decade but I have a rig to break in doing something else than Truck Sim. I think I have a Project Cars 2 key laying around from Humble so if you want to convince me why Project Cars is bad and Assetto Corsa is good I might be convinced to post some bad times to make you feel better about yourself when I have some time off in a couple weeks.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
This is what I look like when I say

Why is Assetto Corsa so good?

I thought that was important to clarify.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

FunkyAl posted:

Playin me some Chrono Cross!!!!

Thats a swell game DonCHA know

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

good things about assetto corsa:
-driving model is really good, iRacing might be better for tire slip but the one in AC is pretty darn good
-the price its really cheap and goes on steam sale all the time and the base game + add ons gets you a lot of content
-graphics are good (especially with mods)
-and finally MODS. the must haves are Content Manager, CSP, and Sol. Bunch of youtube videos on how to get them working, its pretty easy
-but once you get them working its the groundwork for literally hundreds of custom course and like thousands of cars (of varying quality)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

imperiusdamian posted:

Pursuant to my earlier post I just realised it's the 24th anniversary of Quake II's release. And I've been playing it ever since. I have no life :-P

You made me realize I haven't fired up Quake I/II is quite some time so I'm gonna do that

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

bagmonkey posted:

You made me realize I haven't fired up Quake I/II is quite some time so I'm gonna do that

It's still fierce as gently caress.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Quake II sucks balls

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Q3a longest yard ah yes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Quake 3 owns

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

Croteam owns, Sam confirmed it in the First Encounter.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Do I remember discussing Pathfinder: Kingmaker in this thread with someone?

Well, I was asked if it scratched that old Baldur's Gate itch. Not quite but it reminds me of Icewind Dale 2. You know how you might be fighting barbarians one minute then a bunch of sword spiders spawn behind your party where you keep the squishy mages and bards? PF:K has so many moments like that and not just the combat. Kingdom management will throw frustrating curveballs at you that you'll never see coming.

There is a certain event in chapter 3 that enraged me. I went looking around other places on the 'net and people have said they walked out of tabletop sessions for less. "Bad GM'ing, the game."

I bought this game last year and after 3 false starts I've clocked up 180 hours. God help me, I'm starting again. I bought this game full price, I WILL finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I just started playing Kingmaker and it is a perfect tabletop simulation of playing with a slightly petulant DM who thinks the game is about winning against players.