Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

what you playin these days, im playing a bunch of need for speed heat and juat downloaded second extinction, can't even beat the first mission in it though, been loving around in just cause 4 a bunch too just blowin stuff up and having a good time. besides them i also keep coming back to binding of Isaac and dead cells, cant get enough of these action roguelites my dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
2440x1920, 144fps, 2070 super, playing picross

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mozi posted:

2540x1920, 144fps, 2070 super, playing picross

i like wheb the pictur comes out

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that's when you know how it feels to game

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Oh yea, I’m gamin’; gamin’ the federal tax code, that is. FREEMAN ON THE LAND!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you can't ban me from overwatch, my graphics card has a gold fringe

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

you make me fuckin sick

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got the latest CoD and the Halo master chief collection via game pass
Chivalry 2 as well but I'm like...not really playing any of them I guess. I will play for like an hour and then just stop

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Big Beef City posted:

I got the latest CoD and the Halo master chief collection via game pass
Chivalry 2 as well but I'm like...not really playing any of them I guess. I will play for like an hour and then just stop

i really like gamepass i have a lot of stuff to play now

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm not playing anything right now cuz I'm getting ready to move but in my downtime I am making a Doom level

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm not gamin'.... I'm tuggin'....

But also gaming. I've been playing a lot of WoW lately even though it's a bit of a slog. The new expansion just came out but I don't really care too much.

I think my most played game is Medieval 2: Total War.

Nurglings
May 6, 2016
Still trying to get that 100% completion achievement in GTA5

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I've been working through the Horizon: Zero Dawn DLC and it's really good

For online stuff I set up a DOOM II drag-and-drop .zip so my friends can immediately hit the ground running for some online play (owns)

Been thinking about getting Hades but I haven't worked through the new Binding of Isaac yet

Human Fall Flat is hilarious with a group of friends if you haven't played it btw

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Knot My President! posted:

I've been working through the Horizon: Zero Dawn DLC and it's really good

For online stuff I set up a DOOM II drag-and-drop .zip so my friends can immediately hit the ground running for some online play (owns)

Been thinking about getting Hades but I haven't worked through the new Binding of Isaac yet

Human Fall Flat is hilarious with a group of friends if you haven't played it btw

Hades is so god drat good, its coming to game pass august 23rd if youve got that and can waot

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I buy a lot of games on Steam and just never play them.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I'm just about done with Night in the Woods. I play CK3 with some friends once a week. And I'm playing Wildermyth with my other buddy later tonight.

I have Disco Elysium but haven't played it yet, that's probably my next solo game since I'm mostly done with Approaching Infinity.

My wife and I play stuff together weekly but are between games right now. Our favorite type of game were the Trine series and we just finished all the non grindy time-based levels in one of the Rayman games. Anyone have suggestions for similar coop puzzle platformers?

We try stuff like Outer Wilds or NITW, and have played adventure games together, but she falls asleep a lot if she's not controlling something on screen. Oh, we also played A Short Hike recently and found it pretty fun.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I spent a while playing Uno last night on a lark and discovering that Uno has a bunch of house rules/rules I never knew existed. I think the 3-4 times I had Uno I played my last card off-turn, for example.

Also you can do 0-7 mode, which means if you play a 0 everyone switches hands with the person their left and if you play a 7 you can switch hands with anyone. In practical terms this serves absolutely no purpose but to make games run long.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

A Strange Aeon posted:

I'm just about done with Night in the Woods. I play CK3 with some friends once a week. And I'm playing Wildermyth with my other buddy later tonight.

I have Disco Elysium but haven't played it yet, that's probably my next solo game since I'm mostly done with Approaching Infinity.

My wife and I play stuff together weekly but are between games right now. Our favorite type of game were the Trine series and we just finished all the non grindy time-based levels in one of the Rayman games. Anyone have suggestions for similar coop puzzle platformers?

We try stuff like Outer Wilds or NITW, and have played adventure games together, but she falls asleep a lot if she's not controlling something on screen. Oh, we also played A Short Hike recently and found it pretty fun.

a short hike is one of the most beautiful experiences ive ever had and made me cry a lot

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Since I got my 3070 I reinstalled Battlefield V. Its pretty fun with the pretty graphics. :blastu:

I also play Overwatch when I want to go all TryHard and hang out with toxic gen z or whatever they call rear end in a top hat kids these days. :shrug:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

lots of blackjack, some slots, and my life

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My GOG library is gradually filling up with every single game I cared about 20 years ago (sometimes 30) and yet the game I play most is some free crossword puzzle app on my tablet.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing a lot of Farming Simulator lately.

Just driving tractors in straight lines is relaxing AF.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You know I never finished Witcher 3 and I've been meaning to go back to it for a long time. Think I'm gonna do that now!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Meme Poker Party posted:

You know I never finished Witcher 3 and I've been meaning to go back to it for a long time. Think I'm gonna do that now!!!

The Bitcher

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm actually playing Witcher 2 rn after I read all the books. I replayed Witcher 1 but that game loving sucks dick and it was such a slog.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
I played Star Fox Assault, the weird Namco developed Star Fox game where Pepper begs you to kill him, Peppy kills himself, Pigma becomes a space demon and you spend about 40 percent of the game on foot using grenades and sniper rifles to destroy enemy spawners.

Kind of a good game imo.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I been thinking about playing Witcher 1 one of these days for a few years but I'd rather put the audiobooks on again

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

A Strange Aeon posted:

Hey here's a thought buddy, how about you quit hogging the controller and let your wife play while YOU watch.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What do you guys think, mouse and keyboard or xbox controller for Witcher 3 on PC?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

I been thinking about playing Witcher 1 one of these days for a few years but I'd rather put the audiobooks on again

It's a really bad game, the combat is boring af and three quarters of the side quests are meaningless uninteresting drivel, but you can't really just skip quests on a whim because unless you're using a guide you don't really know which ones might actually have impacts on other quests or parts of the story. Most of them are fetch-quest style or involve you running back and forth across areas repeatedly. Just really uninspired.

Luckily, if you did want to play it at some point, you can cut down on the playtime massively by downloading a mod that makes you move faster/gives you inventory spaces that stack to 999, then proceed to abuse how terribly designed the game is by just focusing on leveling up your endurance/sign intensity while maxing Igni. It turns the entire game into an absolute joke. The only "difficult" part of the game is the boss fight at the end of Act 1.

Also a lot of people say "bad game, good story" but the story also sucks poo poo. It's bad compared to even something as corny as ME1, it's basically just a rehash of elements from the books except done worse and all the characters are really shallow and wasted.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Meme Poker Party posted:

What do you guys think, mouse and keyboard or xbox controller for Witcher 3 on PC?

Controller is way better imo. I've been playing Witcher 2 with a PS5 controller but the movement is so janky no matter how you play it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Civ VI isn't as good as Civ V.

I'm disappointed.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's a really bad game, the combat is boring af and three quarters of the side quests are meaningless uninteresting drivel, but you can't really just skip quests on a whim because unless you're using a guide you don't really know which ones might actually have impacts on other quests or parts of the story. Most of them are fetch-quest style or involve you running back and forth across areas repeatedly. Just really uninspired.

Luckily, if you did want to play it at some point, you can cut down on the playtime massively by downloading a mod that makes you move faster/gives you inventory spaces that stack to 999, then proceed to abuse how terribly designed the game is by just focusing on leveling up your endurance/sign intensity while maxing Igni. It turns the entire game into an absolute joke. The only "difficult" part of the game is the boss fight at the end of Act 1.

Also a lot of people say "bad game, good story" but the story also sucks poo poo. It's bad compared to even something as corny as ME1, it's basically just a rehash of elements from the books except done worse and all the characters are really shallow and wasted.

Dang that sucks. I really enjoyed the books, I have a wonderfully translated and voice acted version, but never tried any of the games. Maybe I won't now lol

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

battle garegga

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
bro I play new stuff but also old stuff

I play some weird rear end early access 2nd life knockoff cause it has good mini-golf. Truth.

Beat original ff7 a month ago so I could have my wife compare it to FF7R. She had a blast lookin at them dang polygons

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Bouncing between Detorit Become Human and Terminator Resistance. On the 2nd playthrough of Detroit and trying to go the peaceful route since I violently put down the androids the first time and everyone died. Terminator Resistance is a decent fps but I love the first two movies so I can look past the mediocre graphics and gameplay.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dang that sucks. I really enjoyed the books, I have a wonderfully translated and voice acted version, but never tried any of the games. Maybe I won't now lol

You can watch a recap of Witcher 1 and jump into Witcher 2, which is a pretty good game, and then go into 3 which is a pretty great game, so it's really only Witcher 1 that's a piece of poo poo.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Lol cd project red man they went from hero to zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

scumby posted:

Lol cd project red man they went from hero to zero

Cyberpunk is so loving bad.