Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shyduck posted:

It's a global event, they're SOL I think

RIP those people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

One of my co-workers is going to Philly later this week. LOL if he gets caught up in the Super Bowl Cable Outage Riots

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

triple sulk posted:

RIP those people
We have FiOS so we're good, but I'm even more glad I bought digital rabbit ears this week

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Is it too early to post up the GDT? I'm dumb and can't figure out how to post a new thread in the app

I'm rocking the Jets Williams (Leonard, 92) jersey in a bar in Amsterdam and want to get my pregame posting thoughts out

Away from my laptop (like in another state) or I'd post it.

It's the Super Bowel though I don't think it's too early for people to start shitposting.

gently caress the Cowboys.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Quiet Feet posted:

Away from my laptop (like in another state) or I'd post it.

It's the Super Bowel though I don't think it's too early for people to start shitposting.

gently caress the Cowboys.

It's never too early to shitpost on Superbowl Sunday

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I hope they burn down that stupid rear end tower so they can remove it permanently from the skyline

loving boxy rear end stupid poo poo, gently caress you comcast

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Good soup! posted:

I hope they burn down that stupid rear end tower so they can remove it permanently from the skyline

loving boxy rear end stupid poo poo, gently caress you comcast

The new monstrosity near the Society Hill towers is a bigger crime imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You superstitious folk will be thanking it when the game's still unavailable for the region going into the fourth and the team's winning because of it

They'll have to figure out what to make a statue of next to the stadium this time, the tower or the Comcast logo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

triple sulk posted:

The new monstrosity near the Society Hill towers is a bigger crime imo

True

Destroy them all please, eagles fans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Philadelphia customers should shop around and maybe choose another cable tv and internet provider

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

GDT is up

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1624879814531514369?t=wsR-HYd131tj69xfg0I99A&s=19

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

shyduck posted:

GDT is up

yessss

Surprised that the android awful app doesn't support posting threads - I guess this is me outing myself as a shameful reply guy and android user, respectively

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you’re using Comcast here when Fios is around after having lived with Comcast for most of our lives, you kinda earned the outage. They’re terrible even within their own drat HQ building!!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

shyduck posted:

GDT is up

Nice.

Godspeed all

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Carr rules, gently caress em over after all the bullshit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Big comms corporations all suck but god drat FiOS is loving unstoppable for us and has never been down once

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

For sale: used Carr. Never traded.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Quiet Feet posted:

For sale: used Carr. Never traded.

Show me the Carrfax!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

proud of Carr for calling the bluff of that dumbass franchise and not doing some turn the other cheek bs exactly when he shouldn't

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Wrong thread oops

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Yeah, I can see that being a massive issue for the Saints.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Dan Ackroid noooooooo

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Welp, thanks goons for another fun season of banter. Nice that it ended on two stupid good teams beating the hell out of each other but it sucks that it ended with a bad call. gently caress the refs and gently caress the Cowboys. See you in the off season!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I imagine Carr talking to the Saints FO

"How are you fitting my contract under the cap"

"Well we are going to need you and 33 other players to restructure their contracts"

"Wait what's the long term plan for being competitive?"

"Long... Term... Plan???"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Chad Henne has hung 'em up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can we talk about how funny the derek carr thing is

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Raiders handled this the dumbest way possible, which is expected at this point.

Mark Davis is a dumb goober motherfucker.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a neat cape posted:

I said early on that I hoped Carr told Davis to rot in hell and everyone said he was too nice a guy and that he would turn the other cheek. Glad to see he’s got that ice in his veins instead

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a neat cape posted:

Somebody break this whole thing, the financial implications and exactly how Carr screwed the Raiders for me, I want to laugh.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

MJeff posted:

Somebody break this whole thing, the financial implications and exactly how Carr screwed the Raiders for me, I want to laugh.

Carr's agent negotiated a no trade clause and also like a 40m guaranteed option the day after the Super Bowl. It basically ensured if the Raiders were moving on, Carr becomes a free agent to sign with whoever he wants.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MJeff posted:

He told them he won't waive his no trade forcing them to release him. If they don't waive him before the 15th he's due 40mil from them period. His dead cap isn't bad if they just bite the bullet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So basically the Raiders either cut him today and he gets to pick where he goes or they have to pay him 40mil and Carr is holding them to that instead of doing them the favor of making it some other team's problem?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MJeff posted:

So basically the Raiders either cut him today and he gets to pick where he goes or they have to pay him 40mil and Carr is holding them to that instead of doing them the favor of making it some other team's problem?

Correct.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It would be funnier if Carr could somehow get the 40mil and also go to a different, better team but that is pretty funny.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Also maybe I'm wrong but cutting him means the Raiders also get 0 compensation because he's not leaving as a free agent. The NTC also gives them 0 compensation.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm sure Carr would have been open to a trade if there was any chance the receiving team wanted to take on the full $40m per. No one did. The Saints clearly wanted to renegotiate his deal down to a more palatable level/structure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Remember when the Washington Football Team gave Alex Smith 72 million guaranteed and then when he almost lost his leg they tried to back out of it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kiimo posted:

Remember when the Washington Football Team gave Alex Smith 72 million guaranteed and then when he almost lost his leg they tried to back out of it

Alex :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I think the truly funniest option is if the Raiders declare they are releasing Cart, but someone forgets to send the fax through a la Denver a few years back and he gets the fully guaranteed $40M AND released.