Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Bangers and mash.. with a glorious thick, rich gravy, preferably but by no means required, onion gravy. Now we are talking.

What the actual gently caress??????

actually I only know about Salmon sausages because I had a Salmon hot dog in Chicago, it had rocket and cream cheese on it. Was a v. Good hotdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Costco has bangers every so often, they are good.

One of my favorite old-school diners in NY used to hsve them for some reason. They went out of business last year and it suucks

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I went to a few diners in Green Brook NJ couple years ago and they owned. Also Sonics milkshake delivered by a hot wench on rollerscates. At midnight. I wish I'd found that old school one.

We get bangers here but not that.

I liked NJ a ton. :rip: Pedals

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 17, 2017

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Not European, Asian.

:ssh:
Europe is just Asia's glorified peninsula

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Salmon sausage looks like it would taste p gross. Same with the salmon dog with cream cheese.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've heard of dog fish but this is ridiculous

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Salmon sausage looks like it would taste p gross. Same with the salmon dog with cream cheese.

it's actually real good OP

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I was surprised at how good it was

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I prefer my salmon sausage raw, rolled in rice. It's also called a spicy salmon roll

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

eurrrrgggghhhh

I like the way they're using a slogan from mein kampf

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 17, 2017

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bangers and mash? Lmao that's loving sausage and mashed potatoes. Yes something truly unique.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Why they look like that

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

generations of inbreeding

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
She looks like a giant bird

Auspex
Dec 21, 2005
Many Bothans died to bring us this information
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfKhDiUNOG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQY9Ht_iNg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMUyuJiCQIY

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

What the gently caress is going on in that first video what is wrong with Britain

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blue Train posted:

What the gently caress is going on in that first video what is wrong with Britain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzyaPgSHZc

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

I hope we cool about sausages. It's bothering me that I criticised something unfairly.

If you guys know of an awesome regional kind of breakfast sausage then please let me know what it is so I can get it in the US.
Cos otherwise I'll miss it.

Blue and gold breakfast sausage is amazing. You can only buy it from kids doing fundraisers though. It's a bizarre business model.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Where the hell do you live where school children sell meat for fundraisers?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Blue Train posted:

lmao

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Blue Train posted:

lmao at the jean michel jarre in the background

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Thats what a hotdog looks like you loving heathens

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It's happy to see you. :smug:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

that goddamn scottish accent. they're speaking english but i can only catch maybe half of what they are saying

i once saw a movie about scottish drug dealers that had to be subtitled in english speaking countries despite allegedly being in english because everything just sounded like "ehh bidda bee widda wee fook oof"

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The_Franz posted:

that goddamn scottish accent. they're speaking english but i can only catch maybe half of what they are saying

i once saw a movie about scottish drug dealers that had to be subtitled in english speaking countries despite allegedly being in english because everything just sounded like "ehh bidda bee widda wee fook oof"

you mean trainspotting

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Where the hell do you live where school children sell meat for fundraisers?

Oklahoma of course.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Whorelord posted:

you mean trainspotting

nah, it was called sweet sixteen

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

The_Franz posted:

I went on a distillery tour last fall. The tour kicked off with a small promotional video featuring the staff of the distillery. They had to subtitle the one older malt master they had, as his accent was pretty thick. It wasn't that bad, but there was a fair amount of people there for whom English was not their first language.

I loved it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
shameful sausage thread with zero mention of boudin!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's actually the most coherent limmy sketch I've seen

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

UK sausages are closest to what you guys call breakfast sausages. Maybe you guys get some awesome brands or a butcher that makes them super well, or a diner that sells them somewhere but I didn't find any. Butchers here would put boars, or apples, or herbs, onions, all that poo poo into different kinds of them but we'd call them all "sausages".

But non Brit style sausages would be called by whatever specific kind they are (Kielbasa, Bratwurst, etc).

That's all I mean. I had to mentally translate it. I'm only criticising one specific kind there as it's all we'd call "sausages".
Oh you are totally right; for years I thought I hated sausage because sausage pizza was so abysmally terrible and the sausage you would occasionally get thrown at you in lieu of bacon for breakfast was not any better. But then...I actually had a bratwurst somewhere in Wisconsin. Then a knockwurst and a weisswurst and oh god it started to make me so angry that we use the worst possible sausages whenever doing something calling for generic "sausage"

Oh but...back sort of on-topic. I theorized that, if Indian cuisine could make English food tolerable, and mixing two good cuisines can obviously only lead to good things, I once made a bratwurst biryani and it was really quite fabulous. Not like it is that huge a stretch to change the meat thusly, other than the almost complete lack of mammalian meat outside of goat or lamb in Indian cuisine.

Also I took pictures in The Great Britain a few times, here are two pictures of the same theme of "delicious food"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dr. Quarex posted:

bratwurst biryani

That owns :tipshat:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Corned beef owns but it does not look very appealing there

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Blue Train posted:

Corned beef owns but it does not look very appealing there

No... it doesn't. That isn't what corned beef looks like at all. That looks like a processed ham. :confused:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
That's tinned corned beef that's been decanted, look at that shape

right under the sign I mean

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Very nice but how do you apply the mustard and ketchup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Thats still not corned beef, not even uncanned.
Thats what we call "breakfast meat" in eurpoe and its basically ground whatever parts from whatever animal you find, plus lard, in a can.

• Locked thread