Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Lol. Blatter press conference interrupted before it started thanks to that poo poo comedian who pretends to be a footballer throwing fake money at him. Ace.

Here's a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbYAoxvIZmU

edit: the tsunami hasn't taken him out just yet

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

poo poo Farm posted:

lee nelson is one of the least funny people alive

Wasn't it Simon Brodkin?

Also that was funny as gently caress, got a good laugh out of the journalists there.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also imagine Blatter saying all that money has nothing to do with football.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Surprisingly he'll be able to go in Russia.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Healbot posted:

Wasn't it Simon Brodkin?

Also that was funny as gently caress, got a good laugh out of the journalists there.

Same guy

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I cannot be declared responsible for morals of members I did not elect and had no power to not elect

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Blatter on the waves

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
WTF is he listening to on his stethoscope.

FIFA will have a new president on 26th of February and he's going to radio after that date... He still hasn't said the new president will definitely not be him

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

did he pick up the money?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

JFairfax posted:

did he pick up the money?

did he ever!

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009

owns owns owns

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Joopjan posted:

owns owns owns

Afterwards he wanders around the stage confused. He seems either genuinely shaken or 79 years old and senile.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I imagine hes just realised that its that easy for someone to get close enough to stab him.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

dkj posted:

Afterwards he wanders around the stage confused. He seems either genuinely shaken or 79 years old and senile.

Torn between picking the cash up madly on live television and not picking it up. Also slightly puzzled at the high number of one dollar bills.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Lee Nelson has just redeemed himself for his entire previous life and any other poo poo he ever does.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

You can see his eyes track each bill individually like one of those sharpshooters who can throw two handfuls of clay pigeons in the air and pick off all of them. His hand even looks like he's reaching for it

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
The SEC is looking into a civil case against (Unnamed athletic shoes and sportswear company).
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/07/18/uk-sec-fifa-probe-exclusive-idUKKCN0PS00520150718

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

vyelkin posted:

So do Gazprom and Qatar Airways.

Serious question: Who cares about Qatar Airways outside of Qatar? Why would they pay a ton of money to sponsor a game?

McDonald's is in 119 countries worldwide. Coke has official distributorship in literally every country on Earth other than Cuba and North Korea. Both have a vested interest in shoving their brand in the faces of worldwide football audiences. Gazprom and Qatar Airways do not.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Azhais posted:

Serious question: Who cares about Qatar Airways outside of Qatar? Why would they pay a ton of money to sponsor a game?

McDonald's is in 119 countries worldwide. Coke has official distributorship in literally every country on Earth other than Cuba and North Korea. Both have a vested interest in shoving their brand in the faces of worldwide football audiences. Gazprom and Qatar Airways do not.

The advertising are for Gazprom and Qatar Airways are not directed at us plebes anyway, but think about Emirates Airlines in the past decade. Nobody knew who they were and now they're in every major airport in the world and known as an upper class airline.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Their planes are known for being quiet.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You can see his eyes track each bill individually like one of those sharpshooters who can throw two handfuls of clay pigeons in the air and pick off all of them. His hand even looks like he's reaching for it

Watch the twitch reflex in his hand. All top notch FIFA ****ers have it.....

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just assumed the Gazprom ads served the double purpose of laundering oligarch money. Twice the corruption for one low price

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
It's just like the TV ads for stuff BNSF, BP or ExxonMoblie (as a global brand, not something like a gas station commercial).

They aren't directly targeted at end consumers except to the extent they're designed to establish familiarity and comfort with the corporate brand or some idealized and basically made-up corporate mission/focus. This has the effect of making lobbying the relevant governments for lovely stuff a bit smoother.

Barvo fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 20, 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Azhais posted:

uh

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

He means America are good at capitalism wth are these new guys getting involved for ffs

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It's hilarious scaring an old man. Well done. Ha-ha very funny English humour.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

jyrka posted:

It's hilarious scaring an old man. Well done. Ha-ha very funny English humour.

He seemed generally terrified when he saw the bills were fake.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Azhais posted:

Qatar Airways is expanding rapidly in the US.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Reminds me of this, awful offensive image that I definitely don't endorse
http://www.resist.com/updates/2009/JUN_09/KikenGreedA.jpg

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

"eww low denomination dollars that have been handled by poors and coloreds"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He knows that if he touches American currency they will be able to extradite him.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Jumpingmanjim posted:

He knows that if he touches American currency they will be able to extradite him.

Do you even know how the RICO laws work?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Tigren posted:

Do you even know how the RICO laws work?

rico says that if you touch a comedy-purpose counterfeit dollar bill even once they can send you straight to gitmo!! watch the fbi nail Blatter with this 1 weird trick

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Lutha Mahtin posted:

rico says that if you touch a comedy-purpose counterfeit dollar bill even once they can send you straight to gitmo!! watch the fbi nail Blatter with this 1 weird trick

Are those actually counterfeit? they look fairly real

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Former FIFA VP and CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb posted his $10 million bail with the following:

- Ten homes owned by Webb, his wife, and family

- A 2015 Ferrari, 2014 Range Rover, and 2003 Mercedes-Benz

- A 401(k) account belonging to his wife, as well as her equity in an unnamed company

- Eleven luxury watches owned by Webb

- A diamond wedding ring, diamond bracelet, diamond and pearl necklace, pearl earrings, diamond earrings, and two luxury watches owned by his wife

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Former FIFA VP and CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb posted his $10 million bail with the following:

- A 2015 Ferrari, 2014 Range Rover, and 2003 Mercedes-Benz

- A 401(k) account belonging to his wife, as well as her equity in an unnamed company

- Eleven luxury watches owned by Webb

- A diamond wedding ring, diamond bracelet, diamond and pearl necklace, pearl earrings, diamond earrings, and two luxury watches owned by his wife

This seems to much like a movie villain to be true.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

ayb posted:

Are those actually counterfeit? they look fairly real

It's been years since I was a bank teller but they fall like stiff one dollar bills would fall, yet they don't fly up in the air like uncirculated ones normally would. I think they're real which is funny because that's a lot of effort and/or practice just to get the bills oily enough to scatter like that. Who would want to pay to print and cut that many reasonably legitimate looking fake one dollar bills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Ten homes and he willingly chose to live in Georgia.