Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I squat whilst curling the squat rack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
New year, new haircut, new aesthetic. I usually sit around 220-230, but I've decided to go for a leaner, more aesthetic look for 2018.

I find that when I get too big - my dominant body parts like my back, my Glutes, and my shoulders get way out of proportion, and it's just not fun to have to isolate groups of muscles that I'm not really stoked to train that day.

So I want to try and stay as close to fat free as I can get, and work on keeping size with consistency. It's going to be a fun year.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Well I wouldn't want to cross you in a dark alleyway.

.....or would I?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Dennis McClaren posted:

New year, new haircut, new aesthetic. I usually sit around 220-230, but I've decided to go for a leaner, more aesthetic look for 2018.

I find that when I get too big - my dominant body parts like my back, my Glutes, and my shoulders get way out of proportion, and it's just not fun to have to isolate groups of muscles that I'm not really stoked to train that day.

So I want to try and stay as close to fat free as I can get, and work on keeping size with consistency. It's going to be a fun year.

Wanna see how thick solid tight

also

Legs. Why not done???

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How long did it take to find the right lighting for the photo? Do you have all the best spots memorised?

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

I only have one light in that room. On the ceiling. So, not a lot of alternatives to choose from. 2 seconds maybe?

Dum Cumpster posted:

Wanna see how thick solid tight

also

Legs. Why not done???

Cheers. The only leg shots I have of me are in boxer-briefs, so I'll have to edit them, as not to be NWS lol. I train legs on Thursday so I'll definitely get some then.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 16, 2018

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Rembrant lighting only takes one light

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Whats your ig?

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

MA-Horus posted:

my lord how has it taken so long for me to find my fellow swolemates in this here thread

ANYWAYS my loving iron monger gym just went and closed up shop. They were closed for two weeks for renovations and then decided "yup we're not re-opening cya"

I miss my platforms and my squat racks.

My old gym suddenly closed for "renovations" that turned out to be the property manager evicting the gym owner because he was like a year behind on rent and in a lawsuit with them but also he forgot to collect membership dues from like half the members for 6 or more months probably and he listed all of the gym equipment including stuff he didn't even own for sale on craigslist while trying to hide the fact that he was in massive amounts of debt

Speaking of which you should definitely check if your gym owner is selling any equipment so you can get it for cheap

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Fallows posted:

Whats your ig?

Sent you a PM

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 17, 2018

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

abgushte badamjan posted:

My old gym suddenly closed for "renovations" that turned out to be the property manager evicting the gym owner because he was like a year behind on rent and in a lawsuit with them but also he forgot to collect membership dues from like half the members for 6 or more months probably and he listed all of the gym equipment including stuff he didn't even own for sale on craigslist while trying to hide the fact that he was in massive amounts of debt

Speaking of which you should definitely check if your gym owner is selling any equipment so you can get it for cheap

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Oh well, Jeremy Hamilton is opening a new gym near me in a few weeks, I'm gonna go sign up there for a few months to clang+bang.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

MA-Horus posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Oh well, Jeremy Hamilton is opening a new gym near me in a few weeks, I'm gonna go sign up there for a few months to clang+bang.

Is that Fortis West or whatever? Was thinking of checking it out next time we're at my in laws.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

Is that Fortis West or whatever? Was thinking of checking it out next time we're at my in laws.

Yessir. I'll be moving to Fortis East some time in may-june but I'd rather give Fortis West my cash in the mean-time.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dennis McClaren posted:

I only have one light in that room. On the ceiling. So, not a lot of alternatives to choose from. 2 seconds maybe?

Cheers. The only leg shots I have of me are in boxer-briefs, so I'll have to edit them, as not to be NWS lol. I train legs on Thursday so I'll definitely get some then.

Show us your dick bitch

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

Legs. Why not done???

Defiant Sally posted:

Show us your dick bitch
They could always use more size; everyone wants bigger legs. I'm workin squats like the rest of us.

Started a Fitness Log to take this out of GBS - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846692

This gym opened up down the street from me; suspiciously directly across the street from my Gold's Gym.

http://heavymetalfit.com/

What do you guys think? The vid's they have posted kind of say it all.

I'm not sure if I will like this place, or hate this place?

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 18, 2018

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
That looks like it owns.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Ever since i started smoking dope I can't take anything that tries too hard to be cool or badass seriously

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dennis McClaren posted:

I feel like there's a bit too much negative space in your lower right abdomen, I can't not see it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Thought I'd be more not-broken almost 4 months out from a lower back spasm and 2 months out from a grade 2 sprained ankle.

But here I am with a tight back from benching and limping from trying out jogging 1/4 mi after finishing arms.

gently caress getting old.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I'm in my thirties and never get injured

thank you for your time

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I know the pain. Had to quit rugby last year after tearing my ankle, again...and my rotator cuff, again.

But the wicked bad concussion from a head to head hit was what really put me away for good. gently caress that noise.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Concussions are gnarly, man.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I used to be injury prone, but with the help of my buddy that's a really good Sports PT, I haven't even had a minor injury in close to a year and half.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah I was a forward, doing a line crash and one of my own teammates tried bull-rushing and crossing ahead of me. Put his head down and smashed his forehead into my jaw at maximum speed. I don't remember the 2 days before that.

Tried going back after a month, did one tackle and thought I was gonna hurl. I quit that same day. Still need an MRI but socialized medicine, long wait times, y'know.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Cutting makes me feel weak and deflated, but I like the idea of becoming infinitesimally more sexy with each passing day

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm overweight but I look so much better than a year ago that I don't care.

Maybe I'll drop 15lbs some day. Probably not. I like food.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Second time deadlifting in 5 months. Pulled 3 reps of 4 plates. Guess being fat has its advantages.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Yuppie gym inexplicably allows squatting in socks. Tried it tonight. Broke back through 110kg for 5x5, feeling it in the best way.

I'm never going back.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I like to deadlift in socks. Hadn't tried squats yet. Still not sure how I feel about my powerlifts with a narrow stance low bar squat. They definitely feel better than my regular tennis shoes.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i love overhead squats

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

baw posted:

i love overhead squats

Why?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

when your shoulders settle in the right place and your head is punched through and your arms are fully extended it's an almost zenlike equilibrium. and then you slowly descend and slowly ascend, perfectly controlled, and then do it 10 more times. it's magical

and of course it's an important step to getting to your max snatch

baw
Nov 5, 2008

five best exercises

1. overhead squats
2. goblet squats
3. back squats
4. air squats
5. front squats

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Deadlift Squats

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

baw posted:

five best exercises

1. overhead squats
2. goblet squats
3. back squats
4. air squats
5. front squats

Ludicrous.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

overhead deadlifts

baw
Nov 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

Ludicrous.

yeah, #5 should be deadlifts

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Overhead squats make my shoulder hurt just thinking about them.

But then my shoulder hurts all the time anyway.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I am about to go to da gym :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

Overhead squats make my shoulder hurt just thinking about them.

But then my shoulder hurts all the time anyway.

you can still do goblet squats :unsmith: