Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Make fun of each other's trash opinions and physique but not their jobs, that's not the sick burn you're looking for

As a leftist, it is extremely cool and good to mock others for having lower stations in life than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't think Trump is Hitler. He's more like Julius Caesar. Well, Caesar if he was an idiot, that is.

I'm sure there was some Roman emperor that fit Trump's MO perfectly. Populist, self-funded, pompous, businessman

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Bernie walked the fine line of campaigning to represent and reform the DNC, while at the same time being unable to call out the DNC for its poo poo

Trump didn't care if he made the GOP look bad

Exactly. The entire election is people deciding who serves their best interest and everyone might not be rational actors considering the full implications of things like Bernie Calling out the DNC negatively impacting the election.

It's like going to a bar with two friends. A fight almost breaks out and Friend A meekly calls for a sense of decorum while coaching the guy getting ready to whip his rear end on proper form to try and bridge the gap between them.

Friend B breaks a bottle over his head and screams like a retard, intimidating everyone into leaving.

Friend A is going to kinda look like a pussy.

Toadvine posted:

Bernie rightly recognized he was up against greater powers who at the very least proved willing use an extensive media network to scuttle his presidential campaign out of spite, and would very likely have forced him out of the game one way or another if he continued to push back against the democrats.

Bernie is a civil servant with a lot of progress at stake whereas Trump can do whatever he wants and if he loses so what, he never wanted to make a difference in politics anyway

This is an explanation of why he was weak which still doesn't excuse it.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
a strong leader is not afraid of his own pisstape

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Space Crabs posted:

Exactly. The entire election is people deciding who serves their best interest and everyone might not be rational actors considering the full implications of things like Bernie Calling out the DNC negatively impacting the election.

It's like going to a bar with two friends. A fight almost breaks out and Friend A meekly calls for a sense of decorum while coaching the guy getting ready to whip his rear end on proper form to try and bridge the gap between them.

Friend B breaks a bottle over his head and screams like a retard, intimidating everyone into leaving.

Friend A is going to kinda look like a pussy.

This is a terrible tryhard metaphor

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It's a fine metaphor. Bernie got cowed right off the bat, and if got cowed then, he'd get cowed later

Trump's a fighter

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Huh you're right, politics is like a drunken bar fight.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

Since most political arguments in real life are done when drunk, I'd say yes

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also I'm going to channel my power animal moridin

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

the fact that trump voters are mainly motivated by emotional knee jerk reactions (and Trump played it well) and not by any kind of logic makes this post even more lol and ironic

Actually I was speaking to how everyone is motivated by emotional knee jerk reactions. Trying to insinuate that "YOUR SIDE" transcends that and operates from a lofty place of pure reason, logic and science while all the stupid masses beneath you are animals is bigly related to your side losing.

If you don't understand that your vehement hatred of Trump is just as bad as the vehement support of him you should probably stop calling other people autistic and saying they are unqualified to speak on why the election went the way it did with your douche brand tone policing.

Carmant posted:

This trump guy is retarded

ikanreed posted:

How can you say that given how much smarter he is than his proponents in this thread?

Once in a while he speaks a coherent sentence.

Being unable to read criticism of the left as anything other than support for the right says a lot about where you and your party are at too. The arrogance and condescension probably does too.

Trump actually is fine because you people are a loving mess and can't even handle the thought of a critical look at yourselves or your party and just want to melt down about piss tapes and russia.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

Oh hey you are right, this isn't at all a pedantic little baby way to flail your arms at the metaphor i used to describe the concept of "Strength" when considering political opponents where the guy who loudly does whatever he wants is seen as strong and the guy who helps people gently caress him over is seen as weak.

Here is a better metaphor. Imagine four elections on the edge of a cliff. Hillary "wins" all of them. Politics works the same way.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Space Crabs posted:

Trump actually is fine because you people are a loving mess and can't even handle the thought of a critical look at yourselves or your party and just want to melt down about piss tapes and russia.

Trump is a necessary destructive force put into play by the intricate mechanisms of the karmic web we cannot escape from

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trump is a necessary destructive force put into play by the intricate mechanisms of the karmic web we cannot escape from

By destructive force you mean, further entrenching corporate America in politics, and getting more members of the supreme court to be corporate stooges?

Also you're getting really close to just saying "Trump is chosen by god"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

By destructive force you mean, further entrenching corporate America in politics, and getting more members of the supreme court to be corporate stooges?

Also you're getting really close to just saying "Trump is chosen by god"

No, like exploding the political landscape to hell and back and waking everyone up to reality

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No, like exploding the political landscape to hell and back and waking everyone up to reality

I don't think it's gonna do what you think it's gonna do.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My view of Bernie is that where Trump didn't let the RNC push him out, Bernie let the DNC railroad him, so as a leader that kind of bend over is not great

Yes, I'm sure that Trump getting literally billions of dollars in free media advertising, and a huge difference in name recognition, had nothing to do with that.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

Yes, I'm sure that Trump getting literally billions of dollars in free media advertising, and a huge difference in name recognition, had nothing to do with that.

Hillary did that too, in essence she orchestrated her own defeat, which is cosmically really pleasing

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hillary did that too, in essence she orchestrated her own defeat, which is cosmically really pleasing

Yeah, but we're not talking about how Hillary hosed herself in 2016, we're talking about your claim that Sanders was weak because he didn't get the nomination. Which doesn't really jive with reality.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but we're not talking about how Hillary hosed herself in 2016, we're talking about your claim that Sanders was weak because he didn't get the nomination. Which doesn't really jive with reality.

Was weak because he didn't contest it, whereas Trump did

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo people outside of d&d still care about this poo poo lmao

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Like when BLM ran up on stage and wouldn't let Bernie speak until they got to say what they wanted

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Was weak because he didn't contest it, whereas Trump did

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Like when BLM ran up on stage and wouldn't let Bernie speak until they got to say what they wanted

:lol: I don't think you, uh, know how any of this poo poo actually happened.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

:lol: I don't think you, uh, know how any of this poo poo actually happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Bu0OZNSNg

???

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Yeah, but the BLM thing didn't have anything to do with Sanders not getting the nomination (plus he wanted black people to vote for him, duh), and also Trump didn't "contest" the primary. Dude won handily.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but the BLM thing didn't have anything to do with Sanders not getting the nomination (plus he wanted black people to vote for him, duh), and also Trump didn't "contest" the primary. Dude won handily.

Bad optics

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

Better optics would've been forcing them off the stage right?

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's a fine metaphor. Bernie got cowed right off the bat, and if got cowed then, he'd get cowed later

Trump's a fighter

Yeah, Trump fights his gag reflex while Putin slides his dick down his throat.

CarpenterWalrus fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 23, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

You are stuck on the specifics of why Bernie didn't win the nomination, which you've now dragged him into arguing when the entire conversation has been about whether or not Bernie was classified as "Weak" since the idea was put forth of Trump Vs Bernie in 2020.

He had the nomination stolen from him because it was time to let Empress Clinton have a coronation, the fact he rolled over for it isn't being attributed to his past losing which nobody but you was arguing, but his future potential for loss.

Zajajaja posted:

There is a middle ground between getting completely shut the gently caress up/down by protestors at one of your own speeches and silencing dissent.

How about dragging the issue to the forefront and giving them a platform to speak while maintaining control of the situation? This is "Control of the Free World" people are trying to win so instantly folding to any opposition repeatedly is definitely bad optics.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 23, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Zajajaja posted:

I guess they put him in a lovely spot, and now Trump is president so good job to both those young ladies

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Yeah, Trump fights his gag reflex while Putin slides his dick down his throat.

liberals have been using this weird homophobic imagery a lot lately

that's a lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

rezatahs posted:

that's a lol

Lately? Their minds are warped by perverted sexual imagery, that's why sexuality in all it's forms is one of their key weapons

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lately? Their minds are warped by perverted sexual imagery, that's why sexuality in all it's forms is one of their key weapons

Your divinely inspired emperor wants to gently caress his own daughter.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Case in point :cawg:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I'm curious what your response would have been if a trump supporter kramer'd in here to go

"Well your candidate let her husband gently caress interns!"

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
oh I wonder if you guys are going to support the concept of incestual pedophila now because Trump is ok with it.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Lol. "Just imagine if a Trump supporter said a mean thing about you. For the first time of course because only liberals are bad while our side is totally always nice and kind. Doesn't feel good does it?"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

oh I wonder if you guys are going to support the concept of incestual pedophila now because Trump is ok with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx457T7iWMA

Seems to be the prevailing trend

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hey, person reading my post right now, you should be careful to actually click on this, because it's some guy who makes man-on-the-street videos like Millennials: The Dumbest Generation in History? and Trolling "Safe Space" Social Justice Warriors, and I worry you won't understand how loving laughable this is if you don't see it properly

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

rezatahs posted:

that's a lol

It's more of a comment on the state of governmental corruption and international politics than it is about oral sex. If you need that explained to you, you should stay out of threads like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

CarpenterWalrus posted:

It's more of a comment on the state of governmental corruption and international politics than it is about oral sex. If you need that explained to you, you should stay out of threads like this.

Liberals are sexual deviants unlike strong conservatives like Trump and the Duggars.

• Locked thread