Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I had forgotten how truly awful the standard HUD is. Anyone with even a rudimentary XVM/cross hair setup working?

XVM patch is out, I'm running it. My old config carried over, only thing I'm missing is a few tanks in my POGS icons but most matches I've seen them in my KV-1S could kill them (the new french tanks) so :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

OMC is mostly updated. No sound mods yet, but most of the rest of the goodies are active. Just installed, but haven't actually played yet. Stupid work.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I had forgotten how truly awful the standard HUD is. Anyone with even a rudimentary XVM/cross hair setup working?

Aslain's basic XVM/contour mod has been updated to 9.7.

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/13-096-97-aslains-xvm-mod-modpack-installer-wpreview-v4257-21-04-2015/

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

This modpack works. It's the same auto install mod list style as Aslain's and OMC, except worse because it's missing several of the mods I like. But it will tide me over until OMC is updated.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Really the only mod I hate to play without is my view range circle mod and my sixth sense Fry face.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I'm getting a lot of crashes and it's pissing me off. In and out of battle. I had 7 in one battle and still managed to survive and be in the top half of my team.

It's something with my mods but I'm not sure what. I'm using OMC and I changed a couple things, but not much.

enkalen
May 26, 2013

Axetrain posted:

This modpack works. It's the same auto install mod list style as Aslain's and OMC, except worse because it's missing several of the mods I like. But it will tide me over until OMC is updated.

Using Solo's also, working petty well.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

WayAbvPar posted:

OMC is mostly updated. No sound mods yet, but most of the rest of the goodies are active. Just installed, but haven't actually played yet. Stupid work.

OK- fired up the game and have been stuck on 'loading interface' for a couple of minutes now. I wonder if whichever mod was making the contacts list load so slowly before the patch is slowing everything down now? I will let it sit for a bit and see if it finishes loading ever. If anyone figures out what I need to disable/delete/rename to speed this up, please :justpost:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
A guy just drove through the enemy cap on Westfield to try an go to our spawn. While both teams had 30 seconds left on the timer. They had one guy and we had two, I was in their cap. He had 1800 damage in the battle. And that motherfucker has a 52% win rating?

I just stared at the monitor in disbelief.

His reasoning was:

quote:

im not cap player stfup

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 24, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Battle assistant is up and running for 9.7, my fellows.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Got the tier 9 AMX 30. It's a good tank. Maybe even a Very Good Tank. Just got the tracks and the 100mm and everything else is stock. It's actually fun to play (unlike the Charioteer)!

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

WayAbvPar posted:

OK- fired up the game and have been stuck on 'loading interface' for a couple of minutes now. I wonder if whichever mod was making the contacts list load so slowly before the patch is slowing everything down now? I will let it sit for a bit and see if it finishes loading ever. If anyone figures out what I need to disable/delete/rename to speed this up, please :justpost:

Latest- I went to tinker with the mods and this time the Session Stats were greyed out (Need Update). Loaded into the hangar just fine after reinstalling without those.

e- ugh everything is all hosed up in game. Going to wait until they unfuck some mods.

WayAbvPar fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 24, 2015

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

RanKizama posted:

The M3 Lee is a solid Tier IV tank but suffers from a high learning curve that newer players have trouble adjusting to early on in the game. Hence its terrible reputation. New low-tier players see "Medium Tank" and expect to have a Tier IV Sherman. The M3 Lee is very unforgiving for improper deployment but rewarding when played conservatively. Most experienced players tend to look at the Lee with a higher regard once they've learned the mechanics of the game and come back to it to grind the M4 Sherman or T1 Heavy.

The M3 Lee is a wannabe TD with a really good gun and a terrible silhouette. I ground it out for both the T1 and the Sherman and I found that if I wasn't being shot at I did well. Alas lots of people know the Lee has standard American Medium Armor which makes it a giant target.
Even sidescraping it's easy to pen the gun mantle. Then again it took me until the Tiger to get really good at sidescraping.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

JuffoWup posted:

Speaking of the m3 lee

*shakes head*

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Grabbed omc and have it mostly OK except for the view range circles

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Uhhh, my missions got loving reset. And the client doesn't even let me restart them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't know poo poo about this game but my roomie plays it a lot, and

it's 10:30 in the evening and my roommate is in the next room screaming at the top of his lungs about losing a match or something? (he's in a tournament that his team's doing pretty well in I guess) but he's losing his mind over being one-shot or something by some innacurate tank (he's literally yelling "It shouldn't work, that tank is not that loving accurate, what the gently caress is that poo poo" and his team is doing something wrong I think since he's lambasting the piss out of them too

This isn't really relevant to anything but it's loving hilarious so I thought I would share with you guys

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

it's 10:30 in the evening and my roommate is in the next room screaming at the top of his lungs about losing a match or something? (he's in a tournament that his team's doing pretty well in I guess) but he's losing his mind over being one-shot or something by some innacurate tank (he's literally yelling "It shouldn't work, that tank is not that loving accurate, what the gently caress is that poo poo" and his team is doing something wrong I think since he's lambasting the piss out of them too

This isn't really relevant to anything but it's loving hilarious so I thought I would share with you guys

I think someone met the love of a 183mm hesh shell to the cupola.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

you live with hellsau ????

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

Rofl.

Also tried to install some mods and now my game wont even launch.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

Are you sure he isn't a goon?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

holy poo poo I think he just threw something or slammed his hands on his desk because there was a loud thump and he just scream FUUUUCK and we're all sitting here laughing under our breath because we don't want to be murdered right now

he is super mad at his teammates

Missing Name posted:

Are you sure he isn't a goon?

he would be banned super quick from SA so not likely

e: I don't know what a KV2 is but it's apparently some untouchable supergod tank that immediately nukes the entire enemy team since it's been brought up a few times

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 24, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

holy poo poo I think he just threw something or slammed his hands on his desk because there was a loud thump and he just scream FUUUUCK and we're all sitting here laughing under our breath because we don't want to be murdered right now

maybe he's getting trolled by a WOT goon

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

e: I don't know what a KV2 is but it's apparently some untouchable supergod tank that immediately nukes the entire enemy team since it's been brought up a few times

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:KV2

The kv-2. The specific layout your roommate encountered would be the well known 152mm derp variety. It can pack a punch if it hits a weakspot. Which apparently it did.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Multiple times lol

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Have you recommended he not sit in the open and/or that he click red tanks?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Salean posted:

you live with hellsau ????

That right there.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

xthetenth posted:

Have you recommended he not sit in the open and/or that he click red tanks?

uh actually, he's super good at this game and it's all his team's fault that he keeps getting owned, why else would he be yelling at the top of his lungs at 11 pm in the evening at his teammates and constantly pointing out everything they do wrong???

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

uh actually, he's super good at this game and it's all his team's fault that he keeps getting owned, why else would he be yelling at the top of his lungs at 11 pm in the evening at his teammates and constantly pointing out everything they do wrong???

Sounds like there's more red tanks to be clicked :colbert:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

It's Hellsau.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Babe Magnet posted:

Assuming he is playing the grand finals tournament its 3v3 so any tank that gets knocked out is 1/3 loss of combat power, and if he is on a team he had to either make it or join it. And he would be retarded if he didn't check the stats of his team mates.

Plus he has to be an idiot since its 3v3 steppes encounter you shouldn't get hit by a KV2 unless you want to get hit, or he was even more retarded and brought slow heavies on a big open map suited for lights and mediums.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Chillyrabbit posted:

Assuming he is playing the grand finals tournament its 3v3 so any tank that gets knocked out is 1/3 loss of combat power, and if he is on a team he had to either make it or join it. And he would be retarded if he didn't check the stats of his team mates.

Plus he has to be an idiot since its 3v3 steppes encounter you shouldn't get hit by a KV2 unless you want to get hit, or he was even more retarded and brought slow heavies on a big open map suited for lights and mediums.

It's Hellsau.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

Or he brought lights and mediums, and got blown up because the kv-2 driver knows how to use his gun. Which would describe the rage about it being not that accurate.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Against KV-2s on steppes, letting the KV-2 get you anywhere in the reticule is the mark of an irredeemable bad.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I have absolutely zero context for what any of that means but yeah he's in some tournament they've otherwise been doing pretty well in so on one hand I can understand his frustration but on the other he yells a whole lot and we got people in the apartments right next to us trying to sleep I assume

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Go walk into his room completely naked and just stand there.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Babe Magnet posted:

I have absolutely zero context for what any of that means but yeah he's in some tournament they've otherwise been doing pretty well in so on one hand I can understand his frustration but on the other he yells a whole lot and we got people in the apartments right next to us trying to sleep I assume

Yeah just giving other people some more context on the tournament, in case they don't know whats up and what was happening today.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Go walk into his room completely naked and just stand there.

This usually solves all roommate problems.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Good patch, gave up after 2 mins trying to get a battle in my Chaffee since I noticed there was a shitload of LT's and arty lined up, and I was up to TD15 on the missions but now it's all magically disappeared and none of the TD missions are available. OMC works but a few things like OTM reload timer and session stats need updating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Babe Magnet posted:

Oh god do I know how you feel. A few years ago, a friend of mine used to be a roomate. He would suck at games at all hours of the day/night and not give a poo poo about who's in the appartment. He broke a few keyboards and going to Toys 'R us was a weekly event to go buy new PS2 controllers. One day we came back from the store with a new remote and within 1 hour he had ripped the cord from the remote in a fit of rage.

He's lucky cellphone camera's were not a thing back then, cuz his rear end would have ended up on youtube at least once a week.

Come to think of it, Youtube didn't exists back then...