Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sure, but I'm not gonna not watch netflix during roulettes. At least I can do my rotation without looking at the screen though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

They've figured out there are enough people who care about finishing the run than leaving and taking the penalty that they can sit back and do zero work. It's cool.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So how much of a horrible experience is getting the 405 Physeos Weapon from Eureka?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jimbot posted:

So how much of a horrible experience is getting the 405 Physeos Weapon from Eureka?
You need 100 eureka fragments from BA, you get like 30 per full clear. It takes some work

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
Yup a lot of people just afk or don’t even bother hitting GCD in the crystal tower raids since they can usually be carried. Just sometimes they get stuck with other people like them and suddenly they have to actually play the game.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

https://twitter.com/TenChiJinHeart/status/1141125278514569218

People don't try.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
just typing in the chat "x is afk" without even saying "should we kick?" gets people to start using abilities about once every other GCD, at least.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So is there a trick to leveling up Fisher faster without using Leves? I am at 66 and I feel like it is going at a snails pace

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Actually, Glasya is often a case of people trying too much. The average group has enough DPS to bypass his first enrage if you completely ignore the Wrights, but a lot of people still think you need to do them to clear the fight, so you get half of your DPS loving off to kill the robots, pushing your average DPS on Glasya down enough that you'll hit the enrage.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 21, 2019

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I preordered the xpac thru Square-Enix thinking it would be easiest that way because it would just automagically link to my account. Well I was wrong. And not only that but they don't want to accept any of my payment methods. For some reason they don't like my Visa. What the gently caress is wrong with Square Enix and their terrible online accounts and storefronts? It has gotten a little better since PlayOnline but man not much.

Anyway, long story short I got a preorder code thru them and then after they cancelled my order do to payment failing I preordered thru Amazon and got a second code.

So does anyone want a ShB preorder code?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

So is there a trick to leveling up Fisher faster without using Leves? I am at 66 and I feel like it is going at a snails pace

Collectables are a huge help there.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

funkymonks posted:

I preordered the xpac thru Square-Enix thinking it would be easiest that way because it would just automagically link to my account. Well I was wrong. And not only that but they don't want to accept any of my payment methods. For some reason they don't like my Visa. What the gently caress is wrong with Square Enix and their terrible online accounts and storefronts? It has gotten a little better since PlayOnline but man not much.

Anyway, long story short I got a preorder code thru them and then after they cancelled my order do to payment failing I preordered thru Amazon and got a second code.

I had the same thing and had to contact customer support before they took my Visa, and it still took them like 2 weeks to get back to me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fat_Cow posted:

I just used my daily Namazu allowance for fishing and got it done in a fairly leisurely fashion.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

I just used my daily Namazu allowance for fishing and got it done in a fairly leisurely fashion.

how do you do namazu for gatherers?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kerrzhe posted:

You just pick up the missions on a gatherer and do what they say. Usually just means fishing in a specific spot.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Kerrzhe posted:

I haven’t done it for fisher, but for botanist/miner it’s just obtain a quest item at one of the gathering nodes in the zone. I assume fisher is basically the same. Takes like a minute.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Impermanent posted:

just typing in the chat "x is afk" without even saying "should we kick?" gets people to start using abilities about once every other GCD, at least.

I tried that with a healer in MSQ roulette the other day and they told me to shut up. Kicked em around the massive bot that takes forever because Cid has to do mechanics or something.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

funkymonks posted:

Square Enix store literally only exists because they sell stuff exclusively on it. If even one other store offered their stuff it would die in an instant it’s utter garbage poo poo.

I ordered the Lore books and spent 65$ shipping to Canada. It came via USPS -> Canada Post which took over a week.

I can order anime through a US site, pay 0 for shipping if I order over 250$, 25-30$ if under for FedEx shipping which usually takes less than a week. Square-Enix should be able to offer this level of service but over charging and not giving a poo poo way more profitable.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I haven't done it for fisher, but for botanist/miner it's just obtain a quest item at one of the gathering nodes in the zone. I assume fisher is basically the same. Takes like a minute.

Yeah, it's dead simple. You buy one of the special baits from the merchant in the Golden Throne, go to a nearby river that they indicate, and fish. It should only take 1-3 bites at maximum to get the quest fish.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Vermain posted:

Actually, Glasya is often a case of people trying too much. The average group has enough DPS to bypass his first enrage if you completely ignore the Wrights, but a lot of people still think you need to do them to clear the fight, so you get half of your DPS loving off to kill the robots, pushing your average DPS on Glasya down enough that you'll hit the enrage.

I just mark it with 1 every time to induce tunneling, seems to work.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Also the Namazu gatherer dailies give a Cordial instead of a Venture. Adds up over time!

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Bless you for asking before pulling the trigger.

You're locked into buying all your future expansions through Steam, and can never take advantage of the steeply ramping discounts that happen shortly before and after an expansion launch.

Furthermore, it has been indicated by the devs in the future (and through datamined login strings) that current Steam-purchased copies of the game will be forced to log in to Steam in order to fire up the launcher to punch in your password and authenticator code.

unfortunately i'm a big dummy and went ahead and bought the steam copy of the base game before seeing this.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

isk posted:

Also the Namazu gatherer dailies give a Cordial instead of a Venture. Adds up over time!

What?

Do my gatherers have to be in the 60s for Namazu, or is it like Ixal and they don't care about level?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

sudo rm -rf posted:

unfortunately i'm a big dummy and went ahead and bought the steam copy of the base game before seeing this.

It can't be helped

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

BisbyWorl posted:

What?

Do my gatherers have to be in the 60s for Namazu, or is it like Ixal and they don't care about level?

60+

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

:negative:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I'm almost at 70 on everything. I only need 3 levels on Monk and 10 on Dragoon. I think I can do it before launch.

Speaking of which, is there a way to make the Shadowbringers purchase count toward that Amazon promotion? I'm getting a digital copy on PS4.

Edit: And will I get early access if I buy now, so close to the release day?

Solitair fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 21, 2019

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Start doing leves

Lots and lots of leves.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Solitair posted:

I'm almost at 70 on everything. I only need 3 levels on Monk and 10 on Dragoon. I think I can do it before launch.

Roulettes + beast tribe dailies get you pretty close to 2 levels a day so that sounds pretty easy actually.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Solitair posted:

Speaking of which, is there a way to make the Shadowbringers purchase count toward that Amazon promotion? I'm getting a digital copy on PS4.

Edit: And will I get early access if I buy now, so close to the release day?

Unfortunately the promotion doesn't work for pre-orders, and ends by release. Time cards count at least? But yeah, you'll still get all the bonuses if you do it now.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are we still posting our sam glams?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

drat, i had no idea you could get quests from namazu as gatherers.

poo poo its 3 am and i havent done my dailies yet

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
SAM glam? SAM glam!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

aers posted:

Roulettes + beast tribe dailies get you pretty close to 2 levels a day so that sounds pretty easy actually.

:doh: I forgot about beast tribe dailies. I've been grinding all the jobs for a while and I could have saved a lot of time. Oh well.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also daily SB hunts, they take a bit of time (mostly travel time) but they add another few daily quests worth of XP IIRC.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i wanna level my miner, its level 25, but i want to save my rested for when early access starts. Ill burn through all my rested in like an hour of mining.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

queeb posted:

i wanna level my miner, its level 25, but i want to save my rested for when early access starts. Ill burn through all my rested in like an hour of mining.

I dont think leve's burn rested exp so thats one option you've got

e; oh wait nevermind you'd still be burning it while doing the mining for the leve. Sorry I was thinking of crafting leves

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

Buy the fish for the leves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Buy the fish for the leves.

This is pretty quick if you have the cash.

Edit: I initially thought you meant buy fish for the quests, but that just reminded me the SE finally caught on and made everything you need to catch for those quests unique.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 21, 2019