Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

PSWII60 posted:

Wait, do these event Pokemon work in ORAS as well as X/Y? As in can I download the mystery gifts in X and Y and double up on them?

Yeah, that's what I've been doing for all of the Mystery Gift and Code ones so far. You can get as many of them as you have current-gen Pokemon games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Zoo06 posted:

That 2016HOOPA code still works even if you got the McDonald's one too. Double the Hoopa, double the fun.

That starts Oct. 10 for the US, anyway.

What's weird is it worked for my copies of AS and Y, but my copy of X said I couldn't get it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/pokken_official/status/783126672325287936

Pokken's getting a new character announced on the 13th.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

They have too many fire types, they could use another water type like greninja or blastoise. Or something weirder, like starmie or octillery.

Also I forget who brought it up but it's amazing how Pokemon Type Wild has apparently existed for years and looks unusually polished for a fan game of a different genre.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i want to say there were some datamined things somewhere that implied the new Pokken character was going to be Empoleon? but i can't remember where i got that from so i'm not sure how true it is

Empoleon would be super cool though

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

darkrai, empoleon, scizor, and one other i cant remember were all datamined. darkrai's already been announced, so i'm guessing one of those 3

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Normal, Rock, and Bug are the only types without any representation in Pokken.

Heracross and Tyranitar and Wigglytuff. Let's do this.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i looked it up and it was just darkrai, empoleon, and scizor that were datamined, no one else

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd say either new 'mon we haven't seen or Lycanroc. Get some Gen 7 promo in there and also give that dogger the good ol' Lucario Push.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hoping for Scizor.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It'll be the best pokemon. The strongest pokemon. The cutest pokemon.

It's Whimsicott.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It'll be the best pokemon. The strongest pokemon. The cutest pokemon.

It's Whimsicott.

whimsicott is a support pokemon. try again

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

https://twitter.com/pokken_official/status/783126672325287936

Pokken's getting a new character announced on the 13th.

Its Keldeo.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

actually, i can't remember, did anything even happen to the team flare grunts? did anybody receive any sort of comeuppance for the literal genocide attempt??

They were all put to the guillotine in Lumoise' central square, which got out of hand and the people overthrew the government again, but that was cut for being too violent.

hopeandjoy posted:

That was me actually thanks.

It was in fact the dumbest thing and I'm simultaneously proud and ashamed of my legacy.

(I had zero trouble once I actually got my n3DS. The practice payed off???? ...nah, not really.)

I was the one who complained about Nintendo 'holding our friends ransom' when it was announced the 5->6 transfer would require paying for a subscription service.

Still think that's stupid actually.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Night Blade posted:

Its Keldeo.

I would have guess Greninja just so they could shove the frog-ninja into one more thing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Pokken's roster is kinda weird and I'm surprised that Greninja wasn't in it in the first place.

I think in a recent poll, he was voted as the #1 most popular Pokemon. I'm sure a lot of nerds here resent that, but Greninja is pretty cool.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm really loving those Mid-evolutions!

Also Megas and Join Avenue is back. Also Ash-Greninja is available from the demo!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

New Trailer

Demo's out on October 18!!!

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
https://youtu.be/ciqAkdXQ9dw

Starter evos, Join Avenue is back kinda, Mega evolution is back too, Ash Greninja is in.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Brionne is good.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Dartrix will be my new and powerful friend

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh, poo poo, I thought people meant the final forms. :downs: C'mooon archer owl. :rolldice:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Torracat is probably my favourite of the mid-evos which i'm pretty ok with because although I liked Litten it was my least favourite of the 1st stages. So i'm happy he's got a cool evo I like a lot.

I wish Brionne kept Popplio's smugness though, even though i'm glad it has the same love of poses.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I love Dandy Owl.
I love Pre-lucha Cat.
I am good friends with Skirt Seal.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

AlphaKretin posted:

Oh, poo poo, I thought people meant the final forms. :downs: C'mooon archer owl. :rolldice:

The leaked final forms were confirmed ages ago and this further cements it. Those red arrow thingies are on Dartrix's wings, Torracat's collar becomes its belt when its evolves and Brionne straight-up already looks like its final form. There are also these tidbits from the official website:

quote:

This Pokémon conceals sharp-bladed feathers inside its wings, showing astounding precision as it sends them flying in attack. And it goes beyond propelling its blade quills in simple straight lines—it can even bend these feathers to change their trajectories!

quote:

Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokémon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.

The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!

quote:

"Pop Star Pokemon"

Brionne can dance in perfect time with others, even if they have only just met. On moonlit nights, you can sometimes see throngs of Brionne dancing as one, in perfect fluidity.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Oh goodness, their bios on the website practically give away that the leaks are real.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Man, that owl is totally gonna be Doctor HOO.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

Revealing a certain snobbiness in its personality, Dartrix cares a great deal about its appearance, grooming its feathers in every spare moment. In truth, it’s also a bit of a birdbrain, with a tendency to bungle things up. Once it makes a mistake, it sometimes gets into a desperate struggle to gloss over the situation and ends up making a bigger mess than ever.

At times, this Pokémon feels so bothered by its dirty or ruffled feathers that it can’t focus on battle. When it loses its focus, it sometimes even retires from the battle on the spot! It’s up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokémon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!

quote:

Ash-Greninja has powered up thanks to the strength of its bonds with Ash.

Laffo if they're literally just bringing anime character Ash to the demo.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/new-pokemon-global-link-features/ posted:

New Rules for Championship Battles
The new fourth set of rules will allow Trainers to play year-round using the official rules set for the Pokémon World Championships, the competition that’s held every year to decide the world’s strongest Pokémon Trainers. You’ll be able to experience the WCS2017 rules right from the start, beginning on Friday, November 18.

The main points of the Pokémon WCS 2017 rules are
Double Battle format is limited to Pokémon that appear in the Alola Region Pokédex (excluding some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon).
Use of Mega Stones is not allowed.
Only Pokémon that can be obtained in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon may be entered.
'
Megas just straight up banned in VGC!?

quote:

When the Pokémon Global Link is updated for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, a new feature will be available—QR Rental Teams. Players will be able to publicly share their own teams and to use Battle Teams designed by other players. Public Battle Teams can be used by scanning in their QR Code patterns from the Pokémon Global Link. You can take part in Link Battles and certain Rating Battles using a Battle Team you’ve rented. You may even be able to try battling using the Pokémon of expert players, like the victors of the World Championships!
Keep in mind that since we don't know 100% how this works, for all we know IVs and junk could be randomized.

Benach fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 4, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Veks posted:

https://youtu.be/ciqAkdXQ9dw

Starter evos, Join Avenue is back kinda, Mega evolution is back too, Ash Greninja is in.

"Greninja became Ash-Greninja!" "Who the hell is Ash? I told you to call me WEEDLORD."

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm gonna get a Torracat and then never let it evolve because I wanted a quadrupedal cat Starter.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Cernunnos posted:

I'm gonna get a Torracat and then never let it evolve because I wanted a quadrupedal cat Starter.

yeah this

as far as everything else my reaction is

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

A cool trailer with a lot of features I wouldn't have expected. But man, that last part has gotten everyone into a ruffle. I wonder how many will avoid playing the demo out of "principle".

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Alxprit posted:

A cool trailer with a lot of features I wouldn't have expected. But man, that last part has gotten everyone into a ruffle. I wonder how many will avoid playing the demo out of "principle".

I'm gonna play the demo just so I can stick that Greninja in the Bank.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Ash Greninja transforming seems like an ability which means it might not have protean?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alxprit posted:

nobody that nintendo cares about since pokemon has never been marketed at nerds in their 20s

I'm just surprised that this is the most direct ash thing we've gotten since pokemon yellow

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

quote:

Global Missions Are Starting!
Global missions are limited-time events that give Trainers around the world a shared mission via Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, and they will be held at regular intervals. The theme of the first global mission will be “Catch a lot of Pokémon!” It’s expected to go live in late November. What’s it all about? Why, this mission is about catching a lot of Pokémon—regardless of their species!

The number of Pokémon needed, along with other goals to achieve, will be announced on the Pokémon Global Link immediately before the mission goes live. Keep an eye peeled for the reward you can receive for completing the mission—and remember to invite your friends to join in, too!

Note: You must register your game on the PGL to see your global mission results reflected.

Note: To help celebrate the opening of the PGL, we hope to give out a special gift to all PGL members after our first successful global mission!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Dawson's Creek Rowlet loving rules. To hell with the other two starters

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
I'd wager that Megas are only banned because, as is tradition, Alola Only pokemon. So no Alolan Megas.

Any pokemon from gens 1-6 are fine without Megas, but I'd guess Kangaskhan is available in Alola somehow, but that'd require Game Freak to pay actual attention to competitive concerns and that ain't gonna happen.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Unless they set the bar for this properly high (they actually might with all the data they've probably collected from X/Y/OR/AS) this thing will probably be done in a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad my boxed friends now have something to do as I send them into to the caves to get me evolution stones.