Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Combat Pretzel posted:

Also, how to you get on the pointed roofs of houses, like those in Pochinki? I mean, not parachuting onto it, but after equipping guns in houses. Someone dropped from above while I was crawling out on a balcony. That seemed fishy, because I fail to see a way back up there.

You can often jump the gap between adjacent buildings, so if there's a tall building nearby with roof access they probably got onto it from there.

It's a pretty good place to be because you can basically hill-peek people over the rooftop, and also get the drop on people below if they're not expecting you to be up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Combat Pretzel posted:

Are shots simulated on the server or client side, anyway? How does lag factor into it? Is it a poo poo show like Battlefield, that'd actually require a crosshair indicator because blood splatter is an absolutely inaccurate indicator (at least when moving laterally, anyway)?

Also, how to you get on the pointed roofs of houses, like those in Pochinki? I mean, not parachuting onto it, but after equipping guns in houses. Someone dropped from above while I was crawling out on a balcony. That seemed fishy, because I fail to see a way back up there.

The fact that hackers can insta headshot the entire server shows that hit detection is client side.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Jabor posted:

You can often jump the gap between adjacent buildings, so if there's a tall building nearby with roof access they probably got onto it from there.
I went back there looking. Yeah, now I saw it. There's one single tall house with roof-top access.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

1st person should be THE standard mode in a game like this. The "I can see you, but you can't see me" approach to a competitive game is pretty drat stupid in my opinion.

Hey, this shitlord is back and we're also back to the "FIRST PERSON MODE BEST MODE" argument

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 17, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Welcome to the game, it's alright. Be careful sharing any opinions that aren't about how great streamer x is.

or just don't be a terrible shitlord like this baby here

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Don't sign your posts thanks

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Psa, if you make it to the top 10 with no kills, all you did is play hide and seek.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'm saying that this game rewards 3rd person camera too much. The advantage defenders have is ridiculous and turns this game into a campfest.

youre my favorite poster in this thread please post more

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

abigserve posted:

Honestly I think it's shots into limbs because if you get shot in the foot it does like no damage. But there is no feedback after you die to say that you've done that and it can be super frustrating. That m24 one was the absolute worst, there was no lag/desync possible, both shots were dead into him where he was virtually stationary.

M24 only two shots on level 2 armor and below. It won't kill on level 3 armor or limb shots. It also exactly kills on a level 2 armor so a tick from boosts will save someone also.

Snipers are only worth it for shooting heads with the exception of the awm and sks.

Linstar fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 17, 2017

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm saying that this game rewards 3rd person camera too much. The advantage defenders have is ridiculous and turns this game into a campfest.

okay but everyone has the same advantages so learn how to leverage them,

there are lots of players who do not play campfest2017 and regularly do well

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 17, 2017

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Hahaha this game. I was dropping in with a pal in duo, and we picked an out of the way house. Another squad had the same idea and we ended up landing on opposite sides of the same house. All four of us went in thru opposite doors and there were no weapons in there, so we all kinda stopped, looked at each other, and then it was a tag team fist fight. A++ would box again.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

cosmicjim posted:

I just killed a dude with a pistol at the start that had a scar. I don't even know what this means. Feed me some more anecdotes.

I was in a squad game and two of our people died almost immediately in Apts. I ran to my only remaining buddy who got downed as I was running up the stairs. With just a 1911 and a dream, I opened that bathroom door and this dude drew my silhouette on the wall with his vector as I managed to down him in 3 shots. I picked up my buddy and let him sickle that man to death.

His three squadmates turned that bathroom into a meat locker pretty soon after that last sickle swing.

The moral of the story is always go for the stylish kill. Another piece of advice, if you're in a REALLY sticky situation, TK your friend so that the enemy doesn't get the satisfaction of a squad wipe.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I had a pretty great pan moment while playing yesterday
http://i.imgur.com/BuhJ5z8.gifv

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I imagine the guy shooting at you is now angrily writing a post on official forums about lovely hit detection.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Pesticide20 posted:

I had a pretty great pan moment while playing yesterday
http://i.imgur.com/BuhJ5z8.gifv

I've had so many new people in the discord ask if the pan thing is a joke. No it loving isn't.

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 17, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Died 95/97 to a hacker just there now.

Landed at the radio mast place, on the high hill. No one around me when I dropped.
Went inside, got level 3 helm, level 2 bag, and a M16, feeling good so far.
Head upto roof, hey a KAR and som..BAM dead.
Didnt release so I could see if he was close or not, he kills 2 more in next 10 seconds.

I guess I gave him perfect los for his aimbot being so high up.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Is it possible to interrupt the reload on the pump shotgun (or revolver I guess) part way to fight?

You can interrupt the revolver reload by just holding RMB and firing in first person. You can't ADS while reloading the revolver but it'll let you aim in third person.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Let me tell you of the epic win we had in 4 man squads.

Myself
Ben
Loc
Dan

So we started and targeted a place near water town, however myself and Loc got bad lag instantly.
So bad the buildings didnt load and we couldnt enter in doors. Another team of two landed beside us, got a pistol and killed both of us.
The lag was so bad that I didnt even see the guy come over and shoot me in the head from one yard.
At the same time Ben and Dan landed about 2km from each other, with water town in between.

So already two down within first 2 minutes. Dan and Ben met up after a few minutes dodging people, and laid in a course to the center of the circle, it was up the hills in the middle right of the map.
They arrived at a house on top of a hill, one of the red ones, and camped there for 5 minutes. Then shots started to get closer, as the circle reduced.
They decided to go outside and camp under the near trees, as the house will distract anyone. So they went outside lay down but then a car came along with 4.
So they crawled away, as the 4 went into the house.
So they decided to go downhill and trap the team coming down. They waited, and all this time the numbers and circle was getting smaller.
It was at 16 when they spotted someone coming towards them, and Ben shot him. However he had one team mate, and Ben was shot dead.

One left. Dan killed the second guy and was about to sprint thinking there was two more coming but then the firefight in the house started. Seems the 4 stayed inside, and it was just a froup of 2 that came to us.
He crawled to another tree, and waited. 15 became 14, 12, 10, 9, 5, 6, and then the circle was coming onto Dans position. He didnt know what to do as if he stood up he would be shot.
So he threw a few smoke grenades in random directions, to distract. It worked, it fished out a guy, he got shot by someone else, who then got shot by another.
3 left. Then one died to the blue wall, and the circle was only 30 yards across, all grass and a few trees.

Dan waited and waited, threw two flashs to see if he could fish out the last guy, and it did! Saw the last guy crawling to one side of a tree. His last frag grenade landed and he took the guy out with his red dot ak.

Fin

TL;DR - 4 man sqaud, lost 2 within first 3 minutes, went onto win it.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Is it just the video or is your FPS really that bad?

My Plays.tv is capped at 30fps right now. It's doing some weird stuttering and freezing when recording and I'm trying to figure out why.

But holy crap, check THIS glitch out (spoiler: disappearing walls and buildings!)

https://youtu.be/znPKohu-_so

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Ggu952zcY

(fuckin plays.tv has been fucky with audio for me, my mic is hardly audible)

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, hi.

This game is pretty drat awesome. Good times with goons or solo.

This was my first ever match with coworkers.

https://gfycat.com/FloweryHeftyGalapagossealion

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMYLj26v-6k

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

:qqsay:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I mean, if a Youtuber says its bad then it's bad. It's not like they just let anyone post on Youtube.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i hate streamers but i love youtubers who echo the same opinions that i do!!

i was thinking that they should add longer death timers so after you lose a game you have to wait 24 hours to queue again or you can buy in-game berries to reset the timer.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I've been noticing a lot of lag tonight. I've been killed multiple times while behind a wall in a house when fighting, and they fire after I am in cover behind the wall.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
All third person does is cause players to assume they have been seen at all times and play appropriately. When first person comes out people are going to die and call bullshit to no end because "No way they could see me there". People will also get complacent on checking their corners.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I mean, if a Youtuber says its bad then it's bad. It's not like they just let anyone post on Youtube.

I love how he says he doesn't want to pick a side but then immediately uses the words 'fair' to describe first person, as if he's not clearly saying 'unfair' about 3pp. There's not nearly enough exploration of building clearing in his examples either, where offensive advantage is preferable to avoid stalemates.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Sometimes the reason I shoot at people who aren't shooting at me is because I assume they've already seen me because I alt+look around like a mfer and assume everyone else does too.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

:goonsay:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rite Of Massage posted:

i hate streamers but i love youtubers who echo the same opinions that i do!!

i was thinking that they should add longer death timers so after you lose a game you have to wait 24 hours to queue again or you can buy in-game berries to reset the timer.

How many berries do I have to eat this time

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

The Machine posted:

Sometimes the reason I shoot at people who aren't shooting at me is because I assume they've already seen me because I alt+look around like a mfer and assume everyone else does too.

Most people immediately will take the closest cover from you as soon as they see you, so if they're not in the process of doing this they're probably oblivious

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

If this bullshit is the future for game marketing then count me out.

I'm sure they're bawling their eyes out at the prospect.

:byewhore:

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

*Responds to a 10 page ago post*

Owned :smuggo:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
This game loving owns. I just wished there more to the crates. Nonetheless I don't need that dopamine just to start a game.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Nexal posted:

This game loving owns. I just wished there more to the crates. Nonetheless I don't need that dopamine just to start a game.

The game will be so much better once you can climb and jump through windows.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

The game will be so much better once you can climb and jump through windows.

Crouch and Jump at the same time (press the buttons at the same moment, not like a half-life crouch jump) and you can crouch jump through a ton of windows.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Studio posted:

Crouch and Jump at the same time (press the buttons at the same moment, not like a half-life crouch jump) and you can crouch jump through a ton of windows.

I think I'll just wait for the July patch, which is likely when it is coming out. June is pushing it accord to Player Unknown.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

You shouldn't because it's easy and fun, and can drastically change your options and how you approach fights.

If vaulting animations take too long and crouch jumping works I'll probably keep crouch jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
https://plays.tv/s/LJO2ihhzeaSd

• Locked thread