Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Please say hi to Gus for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Disneyland would have been a much better place if Walt had the body of a Pillar Man and the wardrobe of a pro wrestler.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No but like they literally call the employees cast members, it's explicitly Disney lmao

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Thundarr posted:

Disneyland would have been a much better place if Walt had the body of a Pillar Man and the wardrobe of a pro wrestler.

Also I'd wager Dio is like 100.5% less anti-semetic than Walt was.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

doos posted:

Please say hi to Gus for me.

:catstare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
gus's hype man who never shuts the gently caress up is one of my favorite little details

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

cactuar...

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
So wait... (Chapter 12) Genesis based his entire identity on the play where the hero can decide to kiss the Evil Dragon King?

I know that's a retcon, but I love it.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Fortis posted:

So wait... (Chapter 12) Genesis based his entire identity on the play where the hero can decide to kiss the Evil Dragon King?

The original poetry book probably wasn't a CYOA. That's a special feature they added for G(enesis) Edition.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Fortis posted:

I was hoping Aerith would go ballistic and kick everyone's rear end like in the original if you make that choice but the way this version plays out is still fun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Baby...I'm home.

:smith:

E: SEA SALT ICE CREAM..........NOMURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 12, 2024

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
OG/AC stuff spoilered because it relates to a specific boss battle in Chapter 12.

You know how in the OG, Rufus appeared to die when Diamond (I think) weapon fired at Shinra HQ only for Advent Children to reveal that he had survived?

I do not want Advent Children to be canon after this. I want him to be loving dead when this is all over. I feel like that fight permanently raised my blood pressure.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fortis posted:

OG/AC stuff spoilered because it relates to a specific boss battle in Chapter 12.

You know how in the OG, Rufus appeared to die when Diamond (I think) weapon fired at Shinra HQ only for Advent Children to reveal that he had survived?

I do not want Advent Children to be canon after this. I want him to be loving dead when this is all over. I feel like that fight permanently raised my blood pressure.

Sadly Nomura and Kitase really pushed to just go hog nuts with the key moments of Rebirth and the rest of the development team bullied them out of it, insisting that the game had to link up with Advent Children :(

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

nine-gear crow posted:

Sadly Nomura and Kitase really pushed to just go hog nuts with the key moments of Rebirth and the rest of the development team bullied them out of it, insisting that the game had to link up with Advent Children :(

That's a shame, I don't remember Cloud being much other than a sad sack dipshit in Advent Children, so much so that it made me forget what a good character he actually is in the OG (and Remake/Rebirth).

Just finished Chapter 12 and I'm bummed out that Cait Sith is just gone now. I know that (late game spoilers) he comes back eventually, but apparently not until just before the final battles? I'd have assumed it'd be for the temple of the ancients itself, at least, but evidently no. I was just getting the hang of using him in combat, and I don't think I have the energy to plug away at this game after beating it. At least not for a while. It's been like 100 hours at this point, and I'm not good enough at the game for hard mode. Oh well.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Oxxidation posted:

gus's hype man who never shuts the gently caress up is one of my favorite little details

I love it BC I was kinda missing scotch and his mate and then that dude turns up and then scotch and blotch turn up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Hey where are you in Rebirth?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKnkhAQxLKI

Doctor Roosevelt
Jun 17, 2006

Nap Ghost

Fortis posted:

That's a shame, I don't remember Cloud being much other than a sad sack dipshit in Advent Children, so much so that it made me forget what a good character he actually is in the OG (and Remake/Rebirth).

It’s been a very long time since I’ve watched AC, but I remember being very disappointed how the characterization felt way off from how everyone was portrayed in the OG (and now remake/rebirth). Like, it seemed to be such a random swing to emo sadbrains territory.

If they’re trying to weave that into part of the story, making it a failing alternative path that requires outside help as a section in part 3’s Mideel brain-fixing sequence, especially since that flows from the OG ending that Red said was if they failed back at the end of Remake. That would also help to differentiate it enough from the sequence Tifa just went through while addressing some of the multiverse shenanigans that Cloud’s been picking up as early as chapter 2 of Rebirth.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gonna go back in time and just tell the suits to let Nomura put Vincent in Kingdom Hearts

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fortis posted:

To be fair he's secretly dying of as-far-as-he-knows uncurable magic planet Jenova cancer in Advent Children. I'd be pretty bummed, too

The movie does let us know that his character development from the original is intact because other characters, like Tifa, remark on how he's behaving. So it's not like they forgot who Cloud is, he's just in a bad depressive state.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

On the other hand, the Cloud and Tifa designs in Advent Children are sick as hell

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I love their Advent Children costumes, especially Tifa's

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They should put the Advent Children costumes in the third game for us to wear. Also, they should just make Advent Children the epilouge chapter of the next game. Just adapt the whole movie into the game.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Arist posted:

On the other hand, the Cloud and Tifa designs in Advent Children are sick as hell

Absolutely. I've always really dug their new clothes.

Back in the day when I was first discovering modding, all the videos on YT were showcases of how to make in-game Lego Cloud look like AC Cloud instead and I wanted that so bad.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 12, 2024

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the last shots of the game is Cloud covering up a spot of geostigma on his arm or something like that.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Fortis posted:

Just finished Chapter 12 and I'm bummed out that Cait Sith is just gone now. I know that (late game spoilers) he comes back eventually, but apparently not until just before the final battles? I'd have assumed it'd be for the temple of the ancients itself, at least, but evidently no. I was just getting the hang of using him in combat, and I don't think I have the energy to plug away at this game after beating it. At least not for a while. It's been like 100 hours at this point, and I'm not good enough at the game for hard mode. Oh well.

Don't forget to manage the equipment before the final battle since your party gets all jumbled for the 4000 boss phases.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

About how much longer do I have until the end if I'm in Chapter 14 -- Just got back the party in the ancient forest, so pretty much the first time I have full control since the chapter started?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

About how much longer do I have until the end if I'm in Chapter 14 -- Just got back the party in the ancient forest, so pretty much the first time I have full control since the chapter started?

Like two hours

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That's pretty much the end. The ancient forest is the last level, and it's just a small walk from A to B with no exploration.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-maker-square-enix-will-aggressively-pursue-a-multiplatform-strategy-after-profits-tumble
https://kotaku.com/square-enix-business-plan-multiplatform-1851472456

Square: "Oh god, maybe we should have released XVI and Rebirth on more platforms than just the PS5, a console that like 20 and a really smart dog people own, someone who's good at selling games help me, my game company is dying."

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Also Square is making layoffs in the US and EU.
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/square-enix-confirms-us-eu-layoffs-as-part-of-restructuring/

Here's hoping part 3 doesn't suffer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Outside of the Collective label, it looks like nobody affected would have been working on the development side.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-maker-square-enix-will-aggressively-pursue-a-multiplatform-strategy-after-profits-tumble
https://kotaku.com/square-enix-business-plan-multiplatform-1851472456

Square: "Oh god, maybe we should have released XVI and Rebirth on more platforms than just the PS5, a console that like 20 and a really smart dog people own, someone who's good at selling games help me, my game company is dying."

ImpAtom posted:

The PS5 is literally selling better than the PS4 was in the same time frame and has more units sold than the X-Box Series. (Which is the only other competitor system they're going to put this on, the Switch ain't getting FF7R.) Their games are already releasing on PC also.

I'm not sure what your weird thing is with the PS5 that you need to post the same wrong information in multiple threads but anyone thinking that releasing on X-Box is going to double their sales numbers or whatever is in for a bad surprise.

(PC will probably help a lot but that was already planned.)

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 13, 2024

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure what your weird thing is with the PS5 that you need to post the same wrong information in multiple threads but anyone thinking that releasing on X-Box is going to double their sales numbers or whatever is in for a bad surprise.

(PC will probably help a lot but that was already planned.)

Hey it's not my fault Square got snookered into a PS5 exclusivity deal by Sony/didn't even try to get XVI and Rebirth optimized for PC so they could launch at a competitive timeframe like many other developers do these days and then went "poo poo why aren't our games doing numbers, guys? :confused:", but thank you for defending the integrity of the Sony™ PlayStation® 5 from some geegaw shitposting jackass on a dead comedy forum that only about 5000 people still use :haw:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You're doing the console war in reverse, you realize that right

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey it's not my fault Square got snookered into a PS5 exclusivity deal by Sony/didn't even try to get XVI and Rebirth optimized for PC so they could launch at a competitive timeframe like many other developers do these days and then went "poo poo why aren't our games doing numbers, guys? :confused:", but thank you for defending the integrity of the Sony™ PlayStation® 5 from some geegaw shitposting jackass on a dead comedy forum that only about 5000 people still use :haw:

instead of shitposting instead can you nopost

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

You are the one doing weird console poo poo. Pointing that out isn't defending Sony.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 14, 2024

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I will defend Sony:

The PlayStation 5 is pretty okay I think

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That’s all I got

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also FF coming to X-Box is a good thing and I am glad for it, except for FF14 weird-rear end X-Box limitations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am enjoying my PS5 but it's very hard to tell oneself that this console generation hasn't felt a little like a wash. Like yes, the PS5 seems to have a large install base, but it just doesn't feel like it does. It definitely doesn't help that they were still doing PS4 games up to halfway through the system's life, and I've definitely heard a lot of people say about Rebirth and XVI "oh well, I don't have a PS5, I guess I'll wait for PC"