Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Good then remake Enemy Mine with, I don't know, Charlie Hunnam.

I would watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Hakkesshu posted:

For some reason they tried to contextualize the name in a really hamfisted way, yeah. The only reason he is named Deadpool is because he was a Rob Liefeld character and that presumably sounded very cool to him.

Also because he was a parody of Deathstroke, so they wanted a similar name.

Content: I just saw a trailer for Sinister 2. I've never heard of it, and I can't recall if I ever saw the first one (I saw Insidious, so maybe that's what I'm thinking of), but I watched the trailer and... um, is this a Slenderman movie? It sure looks like it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
No, it's about a demon named Bagel who plays with children. It looks like they're going hogwild with the lil short clips of murders thing but it feels kind of forced in the way they put it in the sequel...he what, sits you down and has a movie night? The framing of the clips seemed more naturally creepy in the first one but I guess we'll see,

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Aug 7, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

Quoting myself because this POS is running in at 9% on the tomato meter so I'm happy to say I haven't completely lost the ability to discern garbage yet.

edit: sorry for the double post.

As good as Catwoman!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
But will it be as entertaining as Catwoman?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

effectual posted:

But will it be as entertaining as Catwoman?

Don't think there's any basketball scends sk probably no.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheFallenEvincar posted:

No, it's about a demon named Bagel who plays with children. It looks like they're going hogwild with the lil short clips of murders thing but it feels kind of forced in the way they put it in the sequel...he what, sits you down and has a movie night? The framing of the clips seemed more naturally creepy in the first one but I guess we'll see,

That sounds ownage.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Quoting myself because this POS is running in at 9% on the tomato meter so I'm happy to say I haven't completely lost the ability to discern garbage yet.

Trank tweeted, then quickly deleted, that he had a better version that everyone loved a year ago. Not sure how much I belive that since most people seem to think he's one of the biggest idiots on the planet.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/fantastic-four-director-josh-trask-youll-probably-never-see-my-good-version-1201494517/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The first Sinister movie was surprisingly really good but im not sure how I feel on this sequel.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
No Ethan Hawke - bad.
That Baghuul guy - meh.
More tapes - good.

Hopefully it'll be a sideways step at least from S1. I thought the regular ghost parts of the first were fairly forgettable but we hadn't watched any trailers or knew what to expect, and both of us found the ~6 snuff tapes they showed extremely unsettling. The music played a big part in that.

It does look different in the sense that the central mystery of the first one (disappearing kids) is solved from the get-go here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Trank tweeted, then quickly deleted, that he had a better version that everyone loved a year ago. Not sure how much I belive that since most people seem to think he's one of the biggest idiots on the planet.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/fantastic-four-director-josh-trask-youll-probably-never-see-my-good-version-1201494517/

Bush league.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dillbag posted:

Unfortunately, people have already screenshotted and retweeted that post, so he's pretty hosed if he was trying to save face by deleting the offending tweet.

kiimo posted:

Bush league.

:mediocre:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
He was probably high when he tweeted it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Not sure why people will think is terrible when this is the exact Deadpool movie people have been asking for.

It's really telling to me that my office has 4chan types who keep on banging on about how great Deadpool is going to be despite having never read any of the comics.

Personally i'm hoping for a few Deadpool films that cover the Kelly issues of his series or at least the main parts of it.

Rather than "comical goof" the film, i really want it to explore the incredibly dark side of the character. The one that 'snaps', locks blind old ladies and "best friends" in a lightless rooms lined with blades, beats women into bloody pulps or wishes so much to die that he might or might not have a literal relationship with 'Death'.

I haven't followed any of the latest comic stuff for the Deadpool but it seems like all that deeper character building poo poo was left behind for one that just trolls all the other Marvel characters now.

Like in Kelly's run, yeah he was funny and took the piss out of various marvel things he interacted with, but he was also really broken. The thing (to me anyway) that made it so good was that he was written as being self aware enough to try and do something about it and strived to be heroic. Then he punchline was his entire run at redemption turned out to one massive scam and to save everything, he had to be the dirty killer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It must have pained him to not include a giant tidal wave crashing through that initial shot of the street from high up.

e: Reading the comments, the movie is apparently whitewashing the poo poo out of real story, so he really should have just made a disaster movie where the disaster is gay liberation, turning a drab and gray city into a fabulous rainbow colored one.

According to a member of the UK Independence Party, gays cause flooding. Wouldn't want to play into the stereotype.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Deadpool is releasing in February, so that should tell you what Fox thinks of it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Deadpool looks like complete poo poo, but I have a certain fondness for Ryan Reynolds. Not sure where it comes from exactly, he just pleases me in some way.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Deadpool looks like complete poo poo, but I have a certain fondness for Ryan Reynolds. Not sure where it comes from exactly, he just pleases me in some way.

You love Dane Cook but are ashamed to admit it probably.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I'm aware of Dane Cook but I don't know enough about him to have an opinion of him either way.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Corek posted:

Deadpool is releasing in February, so that should tell you what Fox thinks of it.

I think in this case they view the movie to be another Kingsman.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Corek posted:

They view it as a movie that will do best when isolated from any major competition, rather than lost in the summer shuffle or humiliated by better-made big budget movies in the fall/winter. January's still a dead zone, but February can be good.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I'm aware of Dane Cook but I don't know enough about him to have an opinion of him either way.
He's an actor mostly remembered for playing the serial killer in the decent little Kevin Costner film Mr. BROOKS.
Dane Cook- 1
Ryan Reynolds- 0

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jedit posted:

According to a member of the UK Independence Party, gays cause flooding. Wouldn't want to play into the stereotype.
Playing into stereotypes can work fine, you just have to do it right. By making the disasters magical gay disasters which do not destroy, only make things fabulous while the protagonists look on in horror.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

He's an actor mostly remembered for playing the serial killer in the decent little Kevin Costner film Mr. BROOKS.
Dane Cook- 1
Ryan Reynolds- 0

Mr. Brooks is cinematic cancer

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just Friends is better than anything Dane Cook has ever done in his life.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Corek posted:

Dude, February hasn't been a dumping ground in years. Nor January, actually. In fact, the idea of a dumping ground has been dying for a while.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FoneBone posted:

Dude, February hasn't been a dumping ground in years. Nor January, actually. In fact, the idea of a dumping ground has been dying for a while.

February traditionally only has Valentine's Day films. This year, the only notable release that couldn't be called a dumped film is 50 Shades of Grey.

Now March on the other hand, that has had its share of releases (300, Watchmen, BvS, maybe it's just a Zach Snyder thing?).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

Just Friends is better than anything Dane Cook has ever done in his life.

My best friend's girl is as good if not better.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

computer parts posted:

February traditionally only has Valentine's Day films. This year, the only notable release that couldn't be called a dumped film is 50 Shades of Grey.

Now March on the other hand, that has had its share of releases (300, Watchmen, BvS, maybe it's just a Zach Snyder thing?).

That isn't true at all re: February, at least since 2003 when Daredevil opened then. Heck, look at stuff like the LEGO Movie and Kingsman, just in the past few years.

January used to be a dumping ground, to be sure, but movies like Taken, Gran Torino, and (most of all) American Sniper doing big business then has changed that.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FoneBone posted:

That isn't true at all re: February, at least since 2003 when Daredevil opened then. Heck, look at stuff like the LEGO Movie and Kingsman, just in the past few years.

January used to be a dumping ground, to be sure, but movies like Taken, Gran Torino, and (most of all) American Sniper doing big business then has changed that.

The odd exception doesn't mean it's not a dumping ground. It means the studio isn't willing to give the film actual competition.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

computer parts posted:

January and February are definitely still the dump months, with the Valentines Day bump being the only real hook for producers. September gets the dumps, too. August and March used to be dump months, but large budget studio films have become so numerous that they've had to extend themselves into those months more and more to the point that we can't even really talk about them that way anymore.

Just because occasionally they release something in those months because it's a wide open field for something like family friendly releases doesn't mean that they aren't still dumping the films they have no faith in during those months.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

computer parts posted:

If anything, Deadpool is counterprogramming for Valentine's Day. It's literally begging to men saying "hey guys, want to see a movie? There's nothing but rom-coms and ME! You know you want to see some comic book action with the violence turned up to 11?".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Young Freud posted:

If anything, Deadpool is counterprogramming for Valentine's Day. It's literally begging to men saying "hey guys, want to see a movie? There's nothing but rom-coms and ME! You know you want to see some comic book action with the violence turned up to 11?".

Kingsman actually did something similar this year because it came out the same day as 50 Shades of Grey, which basically said "hey dump your girlfriend and come see the explosions".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

computer parts posted:

Kingsman actually did something similar this year because it came out the same day as 50 Shades of Grey, which basically said "hey dump your girlfriend and come see the explosions".

I wish more trailers were like this. This fan one from before Expendables came out was great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZTgUxVa28

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wish more trailers were like this. This fan one from before Expendables came out was great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZTgUxVa28

What do you like about it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hat Thoughts posted:

What do you like about it

It completely ignores the poo poo movie called Scott Pilgrim which also came out that day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I liked the beginning but then they started showing clips from Expendables and it turned shite imo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It reads like whiny bullshit from some gamergate oval office.

:qq: "Movies aimed at women! Well I never!" Because, you know, if there's one group starving for representation in movies, it's white men.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I don't like the implication that Expendables was not a poo poo movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sinister turned to garbage when it turned out some demon was forcing kids to do the killings but the videos/titling were disturbing as hell and were far and away the best part of the movie. Don't have high hopes for the sequel.

• Locked thread