Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

While we're alliance building, I'd suggest being careful and not just inviting anyone with the hp to afford it, since there's no way to un-commander someone short of them voluntarily leaving. Of course, the damage they can do is only limited to non-commanders, since they commanders cant kick other commanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have no HP and am a scrub with only a few level 30 covers for my best stuff, so I guess I'll hold off on joining anything till all the rich people join and expand.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm not rich, just ridiculously patient and hoardy with my HP. :v:

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

JimmyT64 posted:

Joined AgentsOfGOON, can buy another slot if someone promotes me!

Same username.

Promoted.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
And Agents of GOON is 8/9.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

OK, I'm in pizza dogs as Dr Boom, can open up an extra slot if someone makes me commander

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

GTO posted:

OK, I'm in pizza dogs as Dr Boom, can open up an extra slot if someone makes me commander

Done.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

SynthOrange posted:

I'm not rich, just ridiculously patient and hoardy with my HP. :v:

I spend all mine on cover slots because I have no self control. Was real close to affording a slot and it was only a couple of bucks so I spent real money to make the difference.

You win this round D3.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Just bought slot 19 foR pizza dogs.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like we're nearing full power. :getin:

Gonna go kill a few dudes in the tournament to celebrate!

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Awesome, just upgraded and opened the 20th slot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sorry Brucie. :ohdear:

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

JimmyT64 posted:

And Agents of GOON is 8/9.

Grabbed #9. If anyone promotes nomendil I'll get slot #10

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

scaevola posted:

Grabbed #9. If anyone promotes nomendil I'll get slot #10

Done.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011
Then agentsofGOON is at 9/10

fezball
Nov 8, 2009
Pizza Dog technically at 20/20 now, but the last two slots are taken by so far unidentified (and unpromoted) people - if those are goons could they say something here? Otherwise we might as well clear them out if someone claims a spot...

Edit: Actually, how do private alliances work? Can you do targeted invites? Just keeping open slots in a top 10 alliance will make it rather difficult to keep the slots open long enough to get actual goons in.

fezball fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 15, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bought another slot for Agents, it's 9/11 now.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
Joined Agents of GOON as KaizerPrime

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Private alliance means commanders have to approve applications

Chops, Io, speak up if you're in here.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 15, 2014

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
Is robertx7011 a goon? If not I will kick him from AgentsOfGOON.

We are at 11/11 at the moment so if I don't get a reply soon I will kick him to free up the spot.

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 15, 2014

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
Just kicked him. AgentsOfGOON is now 10/11.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
drat it all. I got kicked from that private alliance and even though it was already full when I first saw it, I see Pizza Dog is ranked #2. I only have 325 HP so I guess I'm hosed with any goon alliance for now.

On the plus side my Spider-man is max level and my Punisher is at 134. After the Magneto NOW event I had him maxed out so 99% of the time I just rush for three purple matches and then have enough blue to lock the team for the rest of the match and spoonfeed them a massive bag of dicks. Even Magneto's red attack is pretty drat snazzy if you have to use it. Sure it's 11 red, but it's about 2k damage from a one-turn countdown tile. When you're rolling in AP from stunlocking the other team, it's no big deal.

EDIT: Just snuck into agentsofGOON as Amorgus. Enjoy my stunning and punishing prowess!

Gallow fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 15, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kicked those two drom Pizza Dog. Post your name here if you join.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

SynthOrange posted:

Kicked those two drom Pizza Dog. Post your name here if you join.

Joined as MegaSpy.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
just joined Pizza Dog, in as breadly

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alright, all good to go! Pizza dog is full up!

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

starkebn posted:

just joined Pizza Dog, in as breadly

Which makes Pizza Dog officially 20/20 with goons. Switched it back to public so we don't have to see the application spam in the roster.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Of course I just miss the Pizza Dog window again! I'm sure agentsofGOON will catch up soon. I added 300 more points to the total so far and got yet another worthless Captain America for my troubles. Then again once you reach a certain point in the game, you already have drat-near everything.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
If there's any open spots anywhere, I've got 1000 hp to use to pay it forward for a new slot.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Haha, pizza dog is now in 4th place.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I was Brucie Beetle. I won't forget this, Pizza Dog! :reject:

Do any of the other alliances have open spots?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I'm currently the sole commander of a 5 person alliance that has some inactive members id be willing to kick, would people be interested in turning it into a mega-alliance or are you guys gonna fill up agents of goon first?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Oh Pizza Dog. You've made me so proud. Now go kick rear end.

Pizza Dog is Hawkeye's dog. Read Hawkeye.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

messagemode1 posted:

I'm currently the sole commander of a 5 person alliance that has some inactive members id be willing to kick, would people be interested in turning it into a mega-alliance or are you guys gonna fill up agents of goon first?
Since Pizza Dog is fully staffed, I think it would be better if Goons joined AgentsOfGOON first so we can form another 20-person alliance. If we do this we'll have a better chance of having (2!) goon squads always up near the top of the leaderboards. A fully-occupied alliance will be much more useful as opposed to having a whole bunch of 5-person squads. Strength in numbers, and all that.

Then again I'm the founder and therefore biased and :smug:

AgentsOfGOON is right now at 11/11 and if anyone is willing to spend 1300HP to pass it forward I'll open up a new slot!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I hate having only 285 hp

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Please do! I'm McDongles in game and I'll pay it forward when I can!

E: I only have 350hp but I'll forsake my morals and buy some with actual money if it comes to it.

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 15, 2014

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
I have exactly 1300 hp. Was going to use what was left for a new cover slot, but hell with it, goon alliances seem a more worthy cause. I'll pay up.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Since Pizza Dog is fully staffed, I think it would be better if Goons joined AgentsOfGOON first so we can form another 20-person alliance. If we do this we'll have a better chance of having (2!) goon squads always up near the top of the leaderboards. A fully-occupied alliance will be much more useful as opposed to having a whole bunch of 5-person squads. Strength in numbers, and all that.

Then again I'm the founder and therefore biased and :smug:

AgentsOfGOON is right now at 11/11 and if anyone is willing to spend 1300HP to pass it forward I'll open up a new slot!

Well I wasn't going to keep it at 5, we can start growing it if there are enough people who want in. That way people who don't have enough hP to grow the other goon alliance can join in on the ground floor.

But I'm also tempted to jump ship to agents of goon myself, so...

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Just purchased alliance slot #12 for AgentsOfGOON for anyone willing to pass it forward!

P.S. MightyEris you there?

Happy Bear Suit fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I brought Goonsquad up to 3400th place but I dunno if it's gonna be enough, since my MMR is so outta whack