Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy6UmplFBrY

Living in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Angela Christine posted:

They make a variety of products (that no one needs). http://needwant.com/

Their flagship product is Smart Bedding -- The top sheet attaches to the duvet cover with snaps, so you never need to make your bed. http://smartbedding.com/pages/design

Finally someone is really catering to me, a manchild.

quote:

Mod Notebooks - a notebook that syncs to the cloud! Except it doesn't. It is a regular paper notebook. When it is full, you mail it back to these guys, and they will scan it and put it on the cloud for you.

There are smartpens that will do this for real, but they probably cost more than fotocopy-by-mail here.

please respect my hundreds of shitposts of history and understand that what works for the Modest Mao may not work for the akulanization. i await your apology, you seem to be pretty good at that.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fojar38 posted:

the appropriate response is "yes, both that and the thing that you are doing are bad. but what the us did was hundreds of years ago while you are doing it right now"

lol yeah that's gonna happen

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Everyone and everything is bad, and if you haven't figured this out in 2016 you're a dumbo.

Angela Christine posted:

Wow, that flower oscar really is creepy looking.

I'm really curious at the number of plunges during his few days in the Middle Kingdom.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Haier posted:

Everyone and everything is bad, and if you haven't figured this out in 2016 you're a dumbo.

I'm really curious at the number of plunges during his few days in the Middle Kingdom.

I was under the impression that he brings his entourage of Eastern European "models" with him via private jet/yacht wherever he goes.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Using Google to look up information on a company in Shenzhen. I clicked images because it's always good. That linked me to this:
http://www.adanov.com/asia/page41.html
Which linked me to this:
http://www.loveme.com/tour/chinese-women/chinese-women.htm

Scroll down to Tour Video Testimonials and watch the middle guy in the white shirt.

JFC

Blistex posted:

I was under the impression that he brings his entourage of Eastern European "models" with him via private jet/yacht wherever he goes.

Fine, I'll just tweet at him and see if he replies.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angela Christine posted:

They make a variety of products (that no one needs). http://needwant.com/

Their flagship product is Smart Bedding -- The top sheet attaches to the duvet cover with snaps, so you never need to make your bed. http://smartbedding.com/pages/design

Peel - a really thin iphone case that looks like you aren't using a case at all. :confused:

Minimums - an e-magazine about interesting people and their interesting possessions. :rolleyes:

Mod Notebooks - a notebook that syncs to the cloud! Except it doesn't. It is a regular paper notebook. When it is full, you mail it back to these guys, and they will scan it and put it on the cloud for you.

Emoji Masks - So you never need to bother making actual facial expressions ever again.

Second - a smart assistant app. Appears to be Bonzi Buddy for iphones. Costs 42 cents a minute.

that sheet, phone case, masks and notebook are all existing products that they did a minor edit on. I have sold those thin unbranded phone cases, they suck

There is a chance they were the original creators and then the factories started selling them to everyone else, but not likely

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 23, 2016

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/42390/20150326/china-prohibits-vulgar-content-on-wechat-or-else.htm

quote:

Chinese sensors will punish WeChat users who use language or images that describe or depict nudity, eroticism, sexual abuse, one-night stands, wife sharing and "other harmful information," according to a report from Reuters. Other offending material includes ads for drugs, ads about sexually transmitted diseases, voyeuristic media and any leaked content.

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So I take it someone has the job of finding erotic WeChat pics?

etalian fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 23, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

They're literally banning sexting? What a world.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

etalian posted:

So take it someone has the job of finding erotic WeChat pics?

They just need to tap one man's phone. Haier hope you got a burner.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tequila Sunrise posted:

They're literally banning sexting? What a world.

Haier plunged a woman who was mistress of a communist party official, so no everyone will be punished.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
About the children and grandparents talk some pages ago. I have an agreement with my wife that we won't try for children until we are living outside of China. And in the event of an accident, we'd just move out of China.

The interesting thing though, is that I always saw her dad as an utter and complete rear end in a top hat, but reading some of the stories in this thread about parents and how they treat the children (daughters) he suddenly doesn't see that bad. Still, wouldn't trust him with my child though.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Modest Mao posted:

Could you imagine the US government wanting its citizens to help it make a territorial claim, and even providing them with the means for them and their families to provide for themselves or start an enterprise to further that claim?

Taint reaped again... Ouch

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I know this is China chat, but if I'm planning a 1-2 week trip to Vietnam how much $ should I save? I will be staying in a hotel, but the gal I'm going with is a native of Vietnam so I have a built-in translator :bigtran:

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Captain Yossarian posted:

I know this is China chat, but if I'm planning a 1-2 week trip to Vietnam how much $ should I save? I will be staying in a hotel, but the gal I'm going with is a native of Vietnam so I have a built-in translator :bigtran:

$300 a week maybe? Hotels are where it gets you. Everything else should be cheap. I'm just guessing because the last time I stayed in Thailand for a month to see family I spent like $100 because I didn't have to pay for a hotel. $2 a day on food at the Buddhist buffet and the rest on Red Bull and boner drinks.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Haier posted:

$300 a week maybe? Hotels are where it gets you. Everything else should be cheap. I'm just guessing because the last time I stayed in Thailand for a month to see family I spent like $100 because I didn't have to pay for a hotel. $2 a day on food at the Buddhist buffet and the rest on Red Bull and boner drinks.

Hey that's not bad at all, I think she's planning on 2018 so I have more then enough time to: save $ and also try to talk my friend into staying with her family for free :3:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

"ads about sexually transmitted diseases"

i'm guessing the party bosses all have hosed up dicks or something

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Irradiation posted:

Oh I know. But Oregon State was one of the ones specifically called out in this article that someone linked earlier. http://www.wsj.com/articles/heavy-recruitment-of-chinese-students-sows-discord-on-u-s-campuses-1458224413

No offense taken.

In the comment section, someone broke down the sources and noted that WSJ seemed to get Oregon State and Uni of Oregon mixed up with those figures.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"No, penises are supposed to be covered in huge lumpy warts and puss filled nodules."

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm going to assume that ads for condoms are an insult to the Chinese peoples.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Singapore is cool because it teaches English as well as Chinese in their schools.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Captain Yossarian posted:

Screw a hotel man. Get a private Junk Boat on Ha Long bay. You don't want to go to south Vietnam anyway.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Gorilla Salad posted:

"No, penises are supposed to be covered in huge lumpy warts and puss filled nodules."

Self lubricating and ribbed for her pleasure.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

The Great Autismo! posted:

I've gotten some really weird gifts in China. A girl I was kinda dating gave me a pillow with my face on it as a gift. She had me open it and she spent the night that night and slept with it and I expected her to take it the next day but she left it on my bed, so that next night I was getting ready for bed and my pillow was just staring at me. It was really awkward.

It became a joke and people started taking it to the expat hangout we go to when I didn't go out and everyone would tag me in their pictures as my pillow face was floating in the background at times

she just wanted you to save face

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

This is from that article about the young masters of our universe visiting China. Is that a "gamer" keyboard? I thought the DOTA tournament was in Shanghai, not Shenzhen?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MG2 posted:

Singapore is cool because it teaches English as well as Chinese in their schools.

Also caning for crimes

quote:

Singaporean law allows caning to be ordered for over 35 offences, including hostage-taking/kidnapping, robbery, gang robbery with murder, drug abuse, vandalism, extortion, rioting, sexual abuse, and unlawful possession of weapons. Caning is also a mandatory punishment for certain offences such as rape, drug trafficking, illegal money-lending, and for visiting foreigners who overstay their visa by more than 90 days (a measure designed to deter illegal immigrant workers)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

etalian posted:

Also caning for crimes

:agreed:

BTW, I thought of that response before you changed from gum spitting. Gum spitters are scum.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

:agreed:

BTW, I thought of that response before you changed from gum spitting. Gum spitters are scum.

I think the whole cane punishment for gum splitting is a myth.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Any goons want to go find out?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

etalian posted:

It happened in the 90s? It was like the elian gonzalez of the early 90s. Some shithead tourist teenager I think? Everyone was talking about it. But wikipedia says it never happened so I guess I don't know what the gently caress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay
This says it was vandalism and theft but we all heard it was gum chewing. The news definitely reported it like that to make it more outrageous that another country was doing corporal punishment on our boys-will-be-boys.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
This is a beautiful gallery of photos taken from the phone of a tuhao thug. They look old as hell by the quality. Don't click if you don't want to see some farmer getting abused.

http://imgur.com/a/RjInD

The guy matches his couch cushions.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Haier posted:

This is a beautiful gallery of photos taken from the phone of a tuhao thug. They look old as hell by the quality. Don't click if you don't want to see some farmer getting abused.

http://imgur.com/a/RjInD

The guy matches his couch cushions.

IIRC this guy was a gang member that got arrested and executed or something.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Krinkle posted:

It happened in the 90s? It was like the elian gonzalez of the early 90s. Some shithead tourist teenager I think? Everyone was talking about it. But wikipedia says it never happened so I guess I don't know what the gently caress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay
This says it was vandalism and theft but we all heard it was gum chewing. The news definitely reported it like that to make it more outrageous that another country was doing corporal punishment on our boys-will-be-boys.

I live in Singapore now. Most of my (younger, 25-30 year old) colleagues don't remember this dude at all, but I remember hearing about it in the US when I was younger and I distinctly recall it being for spraypainting cars or some poo poo.

Also I bring back chewing gum on the reg. since it's this weird treat for my coworkers. I don't think I'll get caned for it. Maybe fined if I was the kind of rear end in a top hat who would just spit it on the ground, but I'm not because I'm not Chinese.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Haier posted:

she told me if I stayed in China or she went to the USA, my mother would be the one to raise our kid/s. I asked why and of course got more of the "my parents are literal garbage because of how they treated me because I'm a girl" stories and that it was really important our kid would have as little exposure and time with her parents as possible. When I told her my mom is highly educated and works and won't quit her career to raise our kid, she then said she'd give up her own career to make sure the kid was raised right. I believe she said we would be allowed to visit her hometown with the kid for one week at a time, once a year or every two years. She thought that was more than enough.
loving hell man

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

see also: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rocketbook-wave-cloud-ready-microwavable-notebook#/

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
What ever happened to scanners or those tablets artists use

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Gonna write out all my posts from now on in manuscript and then mail them to these bozos to post to the forums for me. It's gonna be great.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
i only knew about the singapore caning story because of that one Weird Al song and it talks about a spraycan and not chewing gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

LentThem posted:

i only knew about the singapore caning story because of that one Weird Al song and it talks about a spraycan and not chewing gum

Yeah he spray painted some cars. The chewing gum thing is just that it's banned with fines, same with jaywalking and eating on the MRT.

That said the caning is pretty goddamn painful. Be on sedatives for a week painful.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 23, 2016

• Locked thread