Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for 'creating a scene' at a restaurant with my best friend?

i put together this nice surprise for you and you won't even pay for it? you ingrate

This is one where it would be helpful to know whether they're all 15 or 35.

Also, it's per se for the love of Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is one where it would be helpful to know whether they're all 15 or 35.

Also, it's per se for the love of Christ

OP posted:

I'm 17, she's 18.

so they have an excuse i guess

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for 'creating a scene' at a restaurant with my best friend?

i put together this nice surprise for you and you won't even pay for it? you ingrate

quote:

UPDATE : Friend called me up crying saying they broke up and apologized heavily. Lmao.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i love a happy ending :allears:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

feedmegin posted:

He had two different stepfathers, tho. (both assholes)

I mean we see the bio one die because of a horse, who was the other one? The brothel owner? He seemed to treat Dick okay? Not that we saw much of him.

AITA for being “homophobic” ?

quote:

OK, just to make it clear I’m not homophobic, I’m gay, people are telling me that I’m being homophobic though.

I (22M) am the youngest of five siblings, but my issue is with my brother Matt (32M). I came out as gay at the age of 16 because I started a relationship with my current bf, my whole family was so supportive, my parents, my other brother and my sisters but Matt, for some reason he didn’t accept me and distanced himself from me, he would ignore me at family gatherings and speak the bare minimum.

Matt was married to Marina (29F) and they have a five years old adorable boy that my family adores, a year ago my brother was caught cheating on Marina with a man, he ended up coming out and divorcing Marina, He dumped Marina right after that and my family supported him and welcomed the AP like nothing happened, the affair had been going on for years before Marina found out, Marina was deeply hurt and I felt sorry for her, I’ve known Marina since I was around 8 years.

My brother and I have kinda reconciled, He apologised for distancing himself. He said he was jealous of me because I could be true to myself and he was stuck in a loveless marriage. My brother married his AP a week ago, I attended the wedding, the day before the wedding Marina had posted about how hurt and blindsided she was and how THIS (the wedding) is so wrong (nothing to see with sexuality, Marina is open-minded), the next day my brother had the nerves to post a video of their vows on social media and tag Marina and many other people and the caption read “If our love is wrong then I don’t ever wanna be right”. (He got this from a song by Calum Scott, “If our love is wrong”)

Two days ago was my dad’s birthday and we all gathered to celebrate it, and Matt started talking to us about how Marina had texted him calling him names for “accidentally” tagging her, I couldn’t keep it in, that was evil and I know it wasn’t an accident so I told him that Marina was right he is an AH and that song wasn’t to validate affairs and empower cheating partners, that he had some NERVES to try to play the victim here. He didn’t say a word and left but then my parents started telling me that I ruined the evening and I should know better since I’m gay too and also that I was being homophobic and I should support him because he struggled with his sexuality his whole life.

I get it, it’s different for everyone, not everyone is comfortable coming out but that DOESN’T give you the right to hurt someone else’s feelings and he is trying to play the victim and portraying Marina as an evil, resentful ex who doesn’t want him to be happy.

They think I should apologise and my whole family seems to be on his side.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Actually it's homophobic if you don't let your gay sibling torment the woman they used as a beard. Just as bad as any Evangelical if you can't support them tagging the ex they cheated on in a post about their marriage to the affair partner.

What a piece of poo poo.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA wasting money on a bathroom and not helping my brother.

quote:

My tenth anniversary is coming up and my kids are getting old enough to be a pain in the butt regarding our single bathroom.

I have been saving up and for my tenth anniversary I am getting a bathroom installed in the basement. I am going all out. Well, as all out as I can afford.

I am getting a two person tub with jets, in floor heating and a heat lamp so my wife can dry off and stay warm.

Anyways the issue is that my brother is having money problems. He called me and asked if I could spare any money to help him out.

He has a tendency to live beyond his means. We have similar jobs and salaries but he has a huge house with three and a half bathrooms. He drives a $150,000 truck that he will never use to tow, haul, or go offroad with. His wife's engagement ring cost as much as my motorcycle.

My family lives in a bungalow my wife and I bought. It was built in 1956 and it is cozy for us and two kids.

But my mom constantly compare our lifestyles. She loves showing people pictures of his Christmas decorations and stuff. And she shares his vacation pictures. That sort of thing.

The bathroom budget is $25,000 but it will probably go higher when the contractor starts working.

My mom is backing him up. She says that I don't spend any money so I should have some saved to help out family. She is saying he might have to sell his truck or downsize his home. I told her that's not really my problem. He makes a little more than I do a year so he should have savings too. She said that he needs to have a big house so he can entertain since he wants to kiss rear end all the way up the ladder. That might just be my interpretation.

I don't want to lend him money and watch him waste it and be disappoint my wife. She deserves a bathroom where she can take long baths without the kids, or me interrupting to use the toilet.

I could cut corners and lend him some money but I really don't want to do that. Even if it means he has to sell his stuff.

how can you be so heartless, OP? you're your brother's only hope

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

but he might have to sell his truck

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
for that much money, i want a truck that's made of several smaller trucks that assemble like voltron or some poo poo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pomme de Terror posted:

How does someone have either A - so little self-awareness or B - so little care for how others feel? :psyduck:
It's funny how she doesn't even bother to hide that she's into him, and certainly isn't hiding it at work.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Hypothetical.

Would this guy and his wife be bigger arseholes if they had just said "Nup. Don't want an extra kid coz we are selfish."

Or does his "I really love my nephew but ..." push him into extra dickhead territory?
They went out of their way to admit that they're raising kids, can afford another, and aren't estranged from their family. The thread generally supports people who e.g. don't want to raise their deadbeat dad's kid that they've never met.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
I don't even know how you can manage to get a truck that's that expensive. Even a max spec HD Denali or F-350 Platinum is "barely" $100,000. Unless it's a $100,000 Raptor R with a $50,000 "market adjustment."

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

You're all ignoring the real issue: Mom might lose her bragging-rights with the bridge-club or whatever.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cerekk posted:

I don't even know how you can manage to get a truck that's that expensive. Even a max spec HD Denali or F-350 Platinum is "barely" $100,000. Unless it's a $100,000 Raptor R with a $50,000 "market adjustment."

Aftermarket mods? You can throw away a lot of money that way.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Aftermarket mods? You can throw away a lot of money that way.

That truck definitely has a lift kit installed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
18 sets of Truck Nuts with gold trim pubes

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The truck is 75k, the rest is the cocaine.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
*slaps roof* this bad boy can fit so many bad decisions in it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That truck definitely has a lift kit installed.

I just wonder if the truckman is a cool enough dude to have put some rollin’ coal smokestacks on his big strong cool truck

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for telling my sister "thats terrifying" when she told me she was pregnant?

quote:

The other night, after a few glasses of wine [...] because... she is pregnant...

Uh. Yes, definitely someone I'd want having a kid. Especially knowing they're probably going to dump all childcare on the rest of the family.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
tapping your fork to the side of your wine glass to get everyone's attention for your pregnancy announcement

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JackSplater posted:

Uh. Yes, definitely someone I'd want having a kid. Especially knowing they're probably going to dump all childcare on the rest of the family.

After three glasses of wine and two cigarettes, as well as a quick dose of thalidomide, she admitted that she was pregnant, and...

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
You can pay any amount of money for a truck if you’re bad with money and let the dealership take advantage of you.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Family left me (18M) when they thought I wasn't my dad's son but now they want to get back in touch

quote:

I don't think the technical details will matter a lot, so I'll get right down to business.

4 years ago, dad found out my mom had a life long affair (more than one, but that's another story). He knew about a couple of affairs she had in the past and forgave her, hanging in there for the kids, moving on, yada yada

But that time (4 years ago), he found out me and my two siblings might not be his kids, considering time of affair.

This was the first time we all heard of mom's, well, everything really.

There was a whole DNA thing and it turned out my siblings were my dad's, and I was not.

Cool right. So dad leaves mom, divorces her, moves out, takes both my siblings with him. Not me tho

I stay behind with mom, who hits a new low finding herself alone, and we both become pretty much outcasts as far as most of the family is concerned. My older brother was particularly mean to me. We were really tight before, and the poo poo he did to me, I swear, had I been bigger at the time, I would have punched him hard, more than once.

I don't wanna get into details because I can't since I could be recognized, but stuff happened and I got DNA again and as it turns the gently caress out, DNA #1 was messed up and and I am my dad's kid.

Now, I don't need legal advice on this. Grandpa is the man, always had my back, we got a lawyer and are looking to settle.

But dad wants back in my life. Brother is calling and wanting to meet up and talk poo poo.

I don't loving want to.

I want these people out of my life.

Mom already forgave everyone, she is going on a "date" with my dad and I feel sick, but not my business right

I wish them both good loving luck, but I want none of it. Only nobody leaves me be. I keep hearing that they're family, and I ought to hear them out and give them a chance or I'll regret it later, and that the only reason I wont talk to them is cause I'm a teen and stupid or some other lovely explanation.

So, give me some perspective here, please. Do I sound unreasonable when I say, thanks, but gently caress no, thanks?

tldr dad thought I wasn't his kid, left, turns out I am his kid, so he wants to be pals again, and I want him gone
First Update

quote:

tldr: dad thought I wasnt his kid and left me. Now, it turns out I am his kid and he wants to be in my life again. But it's been four years and he was really lovely to me all this time, so I dont really want to be his pal. Family says I'll regret not giving him a chance, and I came to the internet for perspective.

Thank you all for the advice, but I decided to go with my gradpa's (which was kind of the same most of you gave me) and I'll be standing my ground.

I've been really annoyed lately cause a lot of people around me keep saying I'm a crazy teen and I'll regret it. But grandpa made a point that I need to stop trying to decide how I'll feel in the future. Cause truth is you can never know. You have to make decisions now, based on feelings and info you have now. Not based on feelings and info you MIGHT have later.

Right now, I´m disgusted by dad and brother. I want nothing to do with them. I don't trust them. And I even think there is a chance they might be doing this (reaching out) just for optics and money.

If my feelings change, I will deal with that when they do. Cross the bridge when I get to it and all.

I wasn't really gonna post an update on this, cause I don't see the point. My story is kindda over.

But something happened yesterday and I wanted to share.

So I decided to stand by my "gently caress no, I don't wanna talk to them". I'll be moving to another city soon and decided to change my number. Grandpa is the only one who will be having the new one, I asked him not to share and I know he wont. He is a retired cop, so he's really badass and has zero patience for bullshit, my new number is safe. He called my mom and told her that, from now on, if anyone wanted to reach me, they'd have to go through him.

So mom showed up at his place (I've been living with him for a while) and tries to talk to me, but grandpa says she has to talk to him first, so he can DECIDE whether she is allowed to talk to me or not. LOOOOL so mom goes INSANE, and starts telling him that it's none of his business and that this is between me and my dad, so grandpa goes something like "if anybody shows up at my lawn to disturb the boy, I'll get the cops, a restraining order and a shotgun". It goes on for a while until mom says I'm not the only family grandpa has, and that by doing this, grandpa is pushing everyone away and splitting the family, he has other grandchildren, why is he picking just the one, and so on... so grandpa loving laughs and tell her that through no fault of his, this family blew up long ago, and everyone just grabbed a piece of what was left and ran for it. He looks at me and says I'm his piece, so he's not letting go and gently caress it.

I was feeling like laughing up to this point cause mom was going crazy and all, but when he loving said that, I broke. Mom left after a while and I just hugged my old man like life depended on it, and he just said something like "enough now, no need for that, I'm your family, family doesn't leave. You remember that when you have one of your own", and I loving will.

tldr: won't be pals with dad and brother. I'm good. Grandpa is the poo poo.​

edit - o, before I forget. Some people were asking about what my siblings were like. Well, my older brother stole/took poo poo that were mine or supposed to be mine, he lied to me and about me (and not the innocent kid lie, but hosed up poo poo that ruined relationships I had with friends, family, even a girlfriend I cared about). He was a huge bully for years, even hit me once. Mom said "he's going through a lot to" and dad couldn't care less and just protected him. Grandpa told him if he ever hit me again, he would break brother's teeth in. I guess he believed him, cause he never touched me after the one time.

younger brother is cool, I'd rather not talk about him here

another edit - I read the comment section to grandpa, I had to explain what OG is and he now wants to watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul lol, but we thank you for all the love. Reading the replies on my first post he just said "the internet is very smart", reading the replies on this update he got a little emotional and left saying he had stuff to do. But he got a beer, came back and asked if "there were more people saying stuff". The comment comparing him to Clint Eastwood made his day! Thanks for the love guys
Final Update

quote:

tldr: dad thought I wasnt his kid and left me. Now, it turns out I am his kid and he wants to be in my life again. But it's been four years and he was really lovely to me all this time, so I dont really want to be his pal. Family says I'll regret not giving him a chance, and I came to the internet for perspective. Grandpa is awesome. Older brother is a mean piece of poo poo

it is an ACT OF GOD that I still remember the password to this throwaway but gently caress guys

PEOPLE you are not gonna loving believe this

I don't loving believe this

The lab didn't make a mistake on my results, what they did is they MIXED the results of all children. I am my dad's bio son, but my older brother is NOT! Which is loving weird cause he looks like dad, maybe mom has a type. Turns out it was his lab result stuff whatever with my name on it. He will be triple checking it now with another lab but I mean gently caress

the settlement has a confidential disclosure clause something on details so I will not be speaking about this ever ever in all ever again cause it's drat good money, so shush

but I had to share this BECAUSE loving LOOOOOOOOL

If anybody is keeping score, I now believe in karma

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cerekk posted:

I thought that much for a truck was bullshit too but then I remembered this from the Cursed Images thread

Azhais posted:

Only $125k extra for the 810hp engine!

If he ONLY spent $150k dude is being cheap.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

STROBE LIGHTS?! Boy I love to induce seizures in random civilians while picking up my children at the mall. Also when will people realize windows are supposed to break, that is the safety feature.

AITA? My dad won't let me finish any tasks

quote:

Hey y'all, I'm 19f and my dad is 48m, and I'm just trying to see if I'm being dramatic like he thinks, or justified in my feelings.

Obligatory I'm on mobile, sorry for any formatting issues, thanks for reading.

The situation: I moved back home with my dad after my previous living situation fell out. My mother decided I was too old to live with her even though I covered the bills at her house, so I had to go. I didn't have enough saved up to get my own place and my dad offered that I move in with him.

I have been here for 10 months now, and my dad is treating me like a child. He refuses to let me work, to have money at all even. But mostly, he decided I can't complete any task without his help. If I start my laundry he insists he finishes and folds it for me. If I start cleaning he takes the broom or whatever cleaning supplies I'm holding from my hands and takes over. And today was my tipping point. I make a delicious soup, it requires veggies being cut up. Cutting vegetables is very cathartic for me, it helps me to relax, and after the last few months of not getting to do anything myself I was looking forward to just cutting the veggies. He was still sleeping so I assumed I'd be fine to just do it.

He woke up, took the knife from my hand and finished cutting the veggies while I protested I could do it myself. He said I was doing it "wrong," and if I couldn't even cut vegetables the correct (his) way, how would I ever be a functioning adult. I didn't lose my temper, I just told him I wanted to do it myself because I was tired of not getting to do any tasks myself. And he slammed the knife on the table and walked out. At that point almost all of the veggies were cut and I didn't get to do much myself.

He has since come to tell me he doesn't think I'll ever be able to move out since I have no money and no life skills. I said I'd have money if he let me get a job, and I do actually have life skills but he's never let me use them. I told him that I appreciate how much he helps me but it's unnecessary and feels a bit controlling as I'm a capable person. He's been moping around the house for 20 minutes waiting for me to apologize like I always do when he and I have a disagreement.

For the record, I'm working on living with friends in another state to get out of here, I trust them and know once I'm there I'll be able to get another job and do things myself. He knows this. He's ruining my plans as best he can because he doesn't want me to leave. But for not wanting me to move away, which I'm not sure if I'll be able to do yet, he sure isn't behaving like he wants me around.

So am I the rear end in a top hat? Should I apologize?

Edit/Update: hii thank you guys for your responses, you helped me see the situation I'm in is a lot more serious than what I previously thought. As I said above I was hoping my friends could bail me out, and I'm happy to say they'll be rolling up to my house in 3 days, picking me up and taking me with them back across the country. I've got to start packing as discretely as possible but he's leaving on the day I'm leaving for a fishing trip, and I should be able to get out with no one home :) so thanks you guys I'm gonna get out of here 💟

quote:

shadow-foxe
·
12 days ago
Commander in Cheeks [219]

I just wonder how he is stopping you from working? Because at this point I'd be doing anything to get out from that situation.
This is not a bit controlling, this is very controlling and is financial and emotion abuse.

NTA
level 2
cyberkid2121
Op ·
12 days ago

He wrecked my car, and we live 45 miles from any towns. He is not willing to let me drive his truck, and told me if I took it without his permission he'd report it stolen. I'm not sure him wrecking my car was an accident, but he had to be hospitalized for a week after. My car was totaled and I have no other means of transportation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

value-brand cereal posted:

STROBE LIGHTS?! Boy I love to induce seizures in random civilians while picking up my children at the mall. Also when will people realize windows are supposed to break, that is the safety feature.

That's a safety feature for crashes. I don't crash. I'm the most levelheaded, smart, and sensible driver on the road, which is why I spent $200K on making my car resistant to paramilitary death squads

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That reminds me, did Tails have two buttholes in the new Sonic movie?

sadly no

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
People buy those trucks because they fantasize about joining a paramilitary death squad.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 31, 2023

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Pirate Radar posted:

Didn’t he at least know him well enough to remember seeing him get kicked in the head by a horse and die?

*googles frantically* You're right, Don Draper never knew his mother. His father died when he was ten. Sorry for the derail, everyone.

Mx. posted:

But you don't understand, it was disrespectful for him to not put up with that level of disrespect

Ah yes, disrespect. The thing that you care deeply about if you're a piece of poo poo.

quote:

DEAR ABBY: I am an active widower with five grown children. Although three of them live in the same city and two live in a city nearby, I haven't heard from or seen them as often over the past few years as I would like. I realized recently that I miss their company and I'd like them to call or see me more often.

I understand they have their own lives, but I don't think I'm asking too much. I'd like them to understand that a "pill" won't cure me of loneliness, as they suggest when I tell them I am slowing down. Their answer is to tell me to see a doctor.

I can't talk to them about increasing our visits and communication because I was raised with the idea that you automatically respect your elders and parents shouldn't have to ask their children to visit them or call to ask how they are doing more than every few months. I thought perhaps reading this in your column might remind them not to wait until it is too late. Have you any suggestions on how to encourage my children to involve me more in their lives? -- LONELY IN COLORADO

DEAR LONELY: You don't have a communication problem. Your "children" have gotten the message. Rid yourself of the idea that your children should call you out of obligation. If you want more contact, pick up the phone and call them. Also, you should be socializing with contemporaries. Your problem may be too much time on your hands. If you are able-bodied, fill some of that time by volunteering in your community. It's a terrific way to meet people who may be more than willing to include you in their activities.

Dear Abby, please tell the people I refuse to talk to to have a relationship with me.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

trickybiscuits posted:

Dear Abby, please tell the people I refuse to talk to to have a relationship with me.

quote:

I thought perhaps reading this in your column might remind them not to wait until it is too late.

yes, because people outside this thread read so much dear abby

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Cerekk posted:

My nieces boyfreind just bought a very basic GMC pickup truck with a Turbo 4 cylinder for $60K, I was
shocked at the price and what you get for the money.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

People buy those trucks because they fantasize about joining a paramilitary death squad.

I think those particular trucks are literally for people who might be kidnapped by a paramilitary death squad, but they are advertising it to Instagram moms as well

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Mx. posted:

AITA for purposefully "misnaming" a coworkers child when talking about them

bouncing baby flatulence

This is awesome. It’s good they didn’t have to go through HR regarding Linda, but they may have to for the rest of the people because that is an obviously hostile work environment.

Sounds like they are actually dealing with bigotry if one of the jokes is an attempt to make them look stupid by giving them word that Linda thinks they don’t know and/or couldn’t figure out instead of the baby’s actual name.

And it also sounds like there is a paper trail of the workplace bullying via the calendar going back a year, as long as none of the bullies removed their 1 person invites from the calendar or OP saved proof.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for not wanting my estranged brother at my wedding?

quote:

I'm getting married in a few months, and we're about to send out invitations. My fiancee's side is done and we've worked out friends. The only thing left is my side. I thought I had everyone, but then I was reminded about my much older brother, Alex.

Surprising, because I thought everyone hated him. I was too young to remember very much, but from what I do remember and from what people said for years after, he may have been the oldest, but there were no friends for him in the family, and it was very mutual. They said was troubled, over-dramatic, and couldn't make a single good decision. There was never a day without an argument. Some of it may have involved some girl(?), and there were a lot of accusations being thrown around. He moved out at 18, when my sister and I were 4 and 8. He cut contact with us. Since everyone stopped talking about him a few years later, I figured it was the same for them, but one of my aunts was keeping tabs on him. I guess as time went on, the older relatives softened. For a few years now, they've all been wanting to reconcile things with Alex.

It's been slow going, but within the two years, he's shown interest in coming out for a visit. It hasn't worked out with holdidays, so now everyone really wants me to invite Alex to my wedding as a show of reconciliation to invite him back to the family and so he can see everyone.

I don't want to. I don't even know this guy, and I don't want my wedding to turn into some prodigal son family reunion. My family says I can't possibly know what was happening back then, and they've changed their story to everything just being personality differences and normal teenage behavior that was getting blown out of proportion on both sides because he was the oldest son and the family was very traditional.

Everyone is begging me to do it. My family was even offering to pay the cost to have him and his wife there, even though they aren't thrilled about his wife, but now they're upping it to paying half of the catering cost if he's included. I still don't want to, but now my fiancée thinks I'm being stubborn and I should just suck it up for that much of a discount. AITA?

you know, what would make your wedding really special to us would be if it wasn't about you at all

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for not wanting my estranged brother at my wedding?

you know, what would make your wedding really special to us would be if it wasn't about you at all

also we want to get in a fight with his wife that they aren't thrilled about, who is presumably the some girl

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

AITA for unintentionally embarrassing my nephew in front of his friends because I found his stash of urine bottles?

quote:

Backstory, my nephew is 17 and has lived with us since he was 9. He came from my wife’s eldest sister. He’s never really had respect for me, I believe it’s due to our age gap (I’m 30). He doesn’t see me as an authoritative figure. He was held back in school before he came to live with us. He will graduate when he’s 19 and says he’s immediately moving out after graduation. We put him in therapy at 9 but by 13 he completely refused to go anymore.

Yesterday, I came home from work and my daughter (8) was upset because she couldn’t find her kitten after she got in from school. We looked for probably about 20 mins, finally discovered he had gotten stuck in my nephew’s room. I found him under the bed, up against the wall. The only way I could grab him is if I moved the bed. When I did, I found 23 bottles that had urine in them. Yes, I counted. I put a pair of gloves on and lined them up in the middle of his room.

With it being Monday, it wasn’t usual for him to walk in the door with his friends. Normally, they come over a few hours after school lets out. But low and behold, he got home with two friends yesterday. I was helping my wife with something in her home office, I didn’t even know he had people with him. He opened his bedroom door and screamed. Probably from embarrassment, the other two kids dipped out. My intentions were to keep it between him and I but later discuss it with my wife because I do strongly think he needs therapy again. Maybe it’s just laziness, maybe it’s not.

He called me every name in the book, said I should have left them under the bed and told him to clean it out. The way he is, if it wasn’t in his face he wouldn’t do it. I asked him why would he be urinating in bottles when there’s a bathroom directly across from his room. He told me to go f*ck myself, then said he’s sick of having to walk over our daughter’s underwear in the shared bathroom. I opened the bathroom door to find not a single article of clothing on the floor. My wife also confirmed, she consistently uses her hamper and doesn’t find clothes on the bathroom floor.

I asked him to get a trash bag and dispose of the bottles. He instead walked out of the house and left. This afternoon, the bottles are still sitting in the middle of his room. I have told my wife do not touch them, he is to take care of it. Apparently, he told his grandfather what I did. FIL asked me…”So where’d he learn that from?” Umm, not from me, that’s nasty. My FIL further said, “That’s not a need for a counselor, he needs his own bathroom.” Oh ok, sure so we’ll just send our daughter to do her business in the backyard.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

AITA for unintentionally embarrassing my nephew in front of his friends because I found his stash of urine bottles?

step one: disconnect the internet

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

rotinaj posted:

I think those particular trucks are literally for people who might be kidnapped by a paramilitary death squad, but they are advertising it to Instagram moms as well

Nope, it’s a bunch of gamer bullshit stuck onto the body of a Cadillac by some firm in California.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

It's always a loving stash of them, none of these freaks ever piss in a bottle, then cap it and throw it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.