Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JT Jag posted:

"I'm not feeling this anime's central premise anymore. But we're contracted to do 26 episodes. Soooo..."
So many dropped plot lines that never get referenced again

Its kind of amazing after watching TTGL and now PSG for the first time how much they just retread the ground with KLK.

The problem is that this series is going to try to treat itself seriously and get boring for most of the second half except for moments when the side characters do fun things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Watching the side characters do fun things also gets boring.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

Watching the side characters do fun things also gets boring.
Yeah well I'm easily entertained and don't mind that no one but Gamagoori gets meaningful character development.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I was able to bring my computer with me and I got the stream set up. KLK reactions will be good tonight.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Goonami is rocking, get your butts in here!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Ironic LAST TIME ON KILL LA KILL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55iX64NmUDA

Waffleman_ posted:

Kill la Kill: Ryuko fights Inumuta and starts fighting Nonon. I'm sorry, there's not a lot happening right now. Things will happen tonight and you'll wish they didn't.
:raise:

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, incredibly. Ladies and gentlemen, we're about to be introduced to the main plot of Kill la Kill.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Or rather, what happened after the studio got bored with the fight school routine.

I will say that the next 4 or so episodes aren't really bad per se, but they're not the same as the stuff before. Its really after that where things sort of take a down turn.

JT Jag posted:

"I'm not feeling this anime's central premise anymore. But we're contracted to do 26 episodes. Soooo..."

MrAristocrates posted:

I'll say it, though: these episodes are pretty bad. The fourth of those episodes, in particular, was the point I realized the show was just going to squander anything remotely interesting about its own setting, plot, or characters.
So is this something comparable to what happens after they wrap up the TRAPPED IN AN MMO WHERE YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE plot in SAO season 1 and they just spend the entire second half of the season in that fairy mmo where no one can die but Asuna is now a kidnapped princess trapped in a castle and regularly threatened with rape and it's just completely tonally and qualitatively inconsistent with the first half?

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 19, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, it REALLY starts next week, but it's set up this episode.

By the way, PSG in like 50 minutes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
sup

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Powering up right now

It will take me 5 minutes to fully power up

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I think this is the part where KLK ramps up even more because it really gets some focus and has a clear idea of what it wants to be and what it wants to do from here on out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is a load of crap.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It repeats the same plot point like twice, but otherwise it's gonna be a lot tighter and less all over the place.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

If the 'good' KLK is almost over then... I don't know it's just flyover show until SAO anyways

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

gently caress u

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It trades one narrative for another, but it does not become tighter. This is the point where KLK actively drops multiple plot threads, focus on characters, and becomes a tonal mess with very little in the way of actual interesting character development as all of the cool characters are slowly put to the side for Ryuko and her lovely problems.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hace posted:

gently caress u

I still haven't finished Xenoverse, but I heard a patch was put in place where the grinding is less dumb, is that true?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WickedHate posted:

I think this is the part where KLK ramps up even more because it really gets some focus and has a clear idea of what it wants to be and what it wants to do from here on out.

I can buy that you enjoy Kill la Kill but this is just an outright loving lie.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I still haven't finished Xenoverse, but I heard a patch was put in place where the grinding is less dumb, is that true?

Hace doesn't play games

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

Hace doesn't play games

What do I have to do to be invited to the Cooler Than Hace group?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I was deceived into thinking Wickedhate was my friend Dark_titsanime

this cannot stand

Beef Waifu posted:

What do I have to do to be invited to the Cooler Than Hace group?

As a functioning human being you are already over-qualified

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MrAristocrates posted:

I can buy that you enjoy Kill la Kill but this is just an outright loving lie.

Well, I guess we have a different opinions. I think that starting with this episode the show finally decides on where it's going and every episode goes somewhere with the characters and the narrative.

Ruggington posted:

I was deceived into thinking Wickedhate was my friend Dark_titsanime

this cannot stand

Am I not your friend? :(

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Am I not your friend? :(

All Toonami Thread Participants are my friends

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Beef Waifu posted:

I dunno, I burnt out on that super quick

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hace posted:

I dunno, I burnt out on that super quick

I feel the same about you

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I love everyone in the Adult Swim/Toonami thread an equal amount.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hows the triump show

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Beef Waifu posted:

Hows the triump show

Already over, somehow

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
wait what

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Sex are you gonna watch the BO RU TO movie, I know you are deeply invested in naruto

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

Already over, somehow

jesus

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

7 episodes

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

why are the top GIS results for triumph show ladies in underwear

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

RentACop posted:

Because Google knows what you really want.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hace posted:

Sex are you gonna watch the BO RU TO movie, I know you are deeply invested in naruto

Yes

RentACop posted:

I wish to conquer that rear end

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
If you missed Goonami, you missed PSG and lots of innuendo.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Time for some balls.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know after watching PSG on goonami I'm trying to think how it works in its crudeness/sexuality, while KLK mostly fails. Probably because its 15 minute format, the art style, and the fact that it doesn't try to treat itself seriously at any point whatsoever. Though I don't really blame Studio Trigger, they know their kind of audience and made this their first show to get some income for their start up studio. Unless I'm full of poo poo with this assumption so correct me if I am wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

Hows the triump show

Surprisingly funny. Especially how many guest stars he was able to get willing to play along.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I like PSG better then I do KLK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
Freeza sounds kinda weird without the throat cancer

• Locked thread