Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Khazar-khum posted:

WTF is comfortable orgy smalltalk? "Oh, I see they supplied durex in a crystal bowl?" "The Hendersons have a more orgy-friendly sofa set?" "I see they've painted the bathroom periwinkle, do you like it too?"

"Janice needs to bleach her rear end in a top hat again, and Margaret's crotch smells like burnt popcorn"

Wait, you said comfortable, my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

I have a terrible personality with no warmth or empathy. How can I score a faultlessly loyal supermodel who will also do my laundry?

You could taxidermy a supermodel into a laundry machine cozy, I guess.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pick posted:

I have a terrible personality with no warmth or empathy. How can I score a faultlessly loyal supermodel who will also do my laundry?
My strategy is to get really jacked, make decent money, and to eventually find someone who realizes I care about them even if I kinda suck at some parts of life. With looser requirements and the ability to cook my own food and do my own laundry.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 5, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Khorne posted:

My strategy is to get really jacked, make decent money, and to eventually find someone who realizes I care about them even if I kinda suck at some parts of life. With looser requirements and the ability to cook my own food and do my own laundry.

Noble goals, but it's going to hurt real bad when your lack of emotional intimacy leads to her loving someone else.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
My (24 F) husband (26 M) abruptly adopted a Burmese python. It terrifies me, and I want to rehome it.
Props for the real accurate title.

quote:

Six months ago, our corn snake unexpectedly died. My husband and I were both very upset; he was a cute little guy and still very young. My husband has owned several small reptiles during his lifetime, and he told me he was thinking of trying a milk snake this time instead of a corn or a garter. Instead, two months after our corn died he came home with a baby Burmese python. Apparently it's always been his dream to own a Burmese. Not only am I pissed that he got something like that without consulting me (on the upside, where we live they are legal) but I had several reservations that have only grown since we've owned it.

-I have GAD and that thing triggers my anxiety like no other. When I was doing research about Burmese pythons I kept reading stories about them killing pets, children, and even their owners. So now I'm freaked out and have barely slept for four months. This is made worse by the fact that my husband has no experience with large snakes and the larger the python grows, the more it shows, and also by us having a cat. The other snakes we've had (our corn snake, and my husband's old garter snake) posed no threat but now I constantly worry that the python is going to get out and eat her. I've taken to locking the cat in our bedroom at night, which interferes with our sleep since she meows and scratches at the door, and I constantly worry about her when she's home alone.

-I'll reiterate, this thing is loving huge. He is already 6 feet long.

-I'm home more than my husband so I have to feed it and change its substrates often. I hate doing both. So much. Especially now that he's graduated to eating rabbits and pigs. I honestly think that since my husband bought him without consulting me that caring for it should be his sole job, but I'm not going to let it go hungry or live in its own waste out of pride.

-I honestly don't think we'll be able to give this snake the best quality of life, which I think is essential for all pets. He's getting too big for the tank he's in, which is his third since we've gotten him, and I don't think we have the room in our house for the enclosure my husband wants to build him. His food is very expensive and eating into our savings, but it's what he needs, so we can't downgrade. The python does not deserve to live in a tiny space and eat inadequate food because my husband wanted one as a kid. At the same time it's a good possibility it could eat us out of house and home.

-I don't want kids while we own a python and these things can live up to 20 years. I don't want to never have children, which I've dreamed of, because of a python.

Because of all these reasons, but especially the ones about our cat and its quality of life, I think we should rehome the python, preferably to a wildlife sanctuary or something. I've gently brought all of this up to my husband-how much mental anguish it causes me, how worried I am for our cat, how the snake is unsustainable-and all he's done is tell me to get over it, accuse me of not caring about his happiness, and tell me I'm being prejudiced against animals that aren't cute and cuddly. None of this is true, not even the last accusation, I liked his smaller snakes a lot.

How can I communicate productively with my husband about this issue? He already loves this snake and I think that's getting in the way of him seeing reason.
Next on r/relationships, "my husband's cat died and he came home with a baby tiger."

The follow up post is great too. She moved out while he was at work, had his reptile friend come over and yell at her husband, and everything ended happily ever after after it was rehomed.

Oh yeah, he was feeding it baby pigs. Which are called piglets.

Chichevache posted:

Noble goals, but it's going to hurt real bad when your lack of emotional intimacy leads to her loving someone else.
I was only joking because Pick was joking. Emotional intimacy is great.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 5, 2016

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Could have also just flushed the snake down the toilet and told the husband it ran away

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

loquacius posted:

People on the Internet always tell you to sever no matter what

Multiple goons in E/N once told me I needed to break off my engagement because my fiancee and I would sometimes argue about where we were going to live in five years

Severing from E/N has done wonders for my relationships

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Could have also just flushed the snake down the toilet and told the husband it ran away

That would be a helluva toilet to swallow a six-foot python. I mean, I've put the hurts on a commode in my opiate days, but holy poo poo, that would be a job.

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

Anony Mouse posted:

[21M] what to do when you're not affectionate, don't smile much, and somewhat "blunt"?

What is 19-year-old me doing with a Reddit account and why is he pretending to be 21? :psyduck:

Take this nonsense back to Livejournal where it belongs, young man.

Although it can be a bit wearing to be asked if something is wrong all the time just because your resting facial expression happens to be a slightly unhappy-looking one. I am fine please let me be :unsmith:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i wish someone cared to ask me if something wrong with me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gaunab posted:

Here's a little r/relationships novella

I'm actually a little surprised that she didn't lie and tell him he was the father considering the rest of how she acted

I guess she probably knew he'd want to see proof. At any rate if it was a "one-time thing" and he interrupted them halfway through it's fairly unlikely for the roommate to be the dad so I guess that part was probably a lie. What a trainwreck.

Pick posted:

Poor dude doesn't seem to even want a girlfriend, he just wants to not be constantly putting people off with his lifeless robotic supervillain affect

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HardDiskD posted:

i wish someone cared to ask me if something wrong with me

Is everything all right, SA poster HardDiskD?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Is everything all right, SA poster HardDiskD?

It, is, actually. Thanks for asking :) You?

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

HardDiskD posted:

Glad to hear it, fellow internet user.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HardDiskD posted:

Terrible!

This was the feel good portion of the thread.

(Actually the feel good portion of the thread are the major relationship trainwrecks)

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
Now for the rare story where one can sympathize with all parts!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I [30F] broke up with my ex to go travelling around the world with my best friend [30M]. Best friend came out after the trip. Ex is pissed I didn't tell him.

I have been best friends with Jase since the 2nd grade, my ex and I were dating for 2 years.

I have to mention, Jase is one of the key reasons for my going against my conservative culture and starting to live for myself. At school, we were the only two non-white students so we stuck out and we stuck together- he protected me from a lot of bullying and harassment because he's a pretty big guy and I think I would have been beaten up a few times or cornered more often if he hadn't been there.
We weren't allowed to hang out after school with each other but we'd spend hours on Messenger, ICQ and IRC chatrooms talking.

Anyway we become these two nerds who ended up going to med school. Now Jase and I are doctors but at different hospitals.
Jase is gay but very "straight presenting" i.e. he comes across as a very blokey bloke and people don't always believe him when he now tells people he's gay. He's also the youngest of 7 boys- so his entire life he's struggled with his sexuality and this idea of disappointing his family. To put the cherry on the cake, his family are originally from Saudi Arabia, a conservative hellhole.
His family though moved here when he was 8. They have become less and less conservative but are still pretty conservative. This has resulted in Jase always agonizing over whether to come out or not since he came out to me (we were 15 at the time).

Anyway, Jase was feeling quite stressed working in hospital and also his family were putting pressure on him to marry as well and with him being in the closet, he hadn't so much had a first kiss let alone a relationship. So he decided just take a half year contract for this year and but a full year next year. The more he talked about it- the more excited he got and he asked me and my BF at the time (Tom) to join us.
I got really excited to because I haven't traveled much at all, I also come from a conservative culture and was a bit sheltered. Also I was wavering between becoming a GP (so work life balance") or pursuing a surgical specialty which is where I am really drawn to but the hours are tough.
Anyway, my BF Tom was not OK with it because he couldn't take the time off his work to come. I asked if he wanted to meet us for legs of the trip but he didn't want to do that either.

Tom didn't know that Jase is gay and I didn't want to tell him until Jase was ready to come out- it really wasn't my place.
So while I do understand Tom's concerns (had Jase been straight), I didn't want to miss a trip of a lifetime so I told Tom I was going anyway. He broke up with me.
I did ask Jase if I could tell Tom he was gay- he said yes but he was really, really apprehensive and uncomfortable and he told me later that he only said yes because he was scared of losing me as a friend.
I was devastated but decided as a single 30 year old, I'd make the most out of this trip- especially as my family thought I was crazy and were completely scandalized by the idea of my travelling with a man unmarried.

We had the best 6 months ever. We traveled to all the continents except Antartica, were completely out of our comfort zones and it was both character building, it was friendship building and extreme emotionally confronting as well as awe inspiring just travelling around with just a 17 kg backpack. Most importantly, it gave Jase the courage to come out and I decided to not give up on my career path for surgery- it made me realize that I don't need to have children, I never really wanted them but I always felt it was the expected thing especially in my culture.
Jase even got himself a little fling in Brazil with an Irish backpacker and we traveled with him and his friends (2 other girls and 1 guy) for a bit too and are planning to go back and visit them next year. The girls ended up coming to visit me and we are all talking about doing some more travelling together in the next few years since we got on really well.

Jase's coming out went surprising well with his brothers who as it turned out kind of suspected/speculated because he'd never had a girlfriend. His parents are not OK with it but with 7 sons telling them to get over it, I think they will eventually.

I am also pursing my goals and studying really hard for my exams and getting back into work mode and I feel so much more confident telling my family and putting myself first- not worrying about status and loosing face and all that antiquated stuff.

Anyway, Jase ended up posting a long, very moving post announcing that he was coming out and wanted to be himself. My ex was who still FB friend with Jase saw it as a lot of people liked and commented on it. He also tagged and thanked me for bearing his secret and that I was proof that you didn't need to be blood to be family and thanked me for an awesome trip. I'm pretty sure a lot of people expected us to come back a couple.

Tom then called me and told me he would have been more OK with me going travelling if he'd known Jase was gay and that I should have told him.
I told him it wasn't my place to out Jase ever. He said that I had prioritized Jase over my relationship with him and that I wouldn't be single right now if I'd just trusted him.

I understand his frustrations about what could have been but if Jase had had to deal with 6 homophobic brothers just for my relationship, I couldn't have borne it. Tom could have accidentally spilled the beans when drunk or he might have blurted it out when people would inevitably ask why he was letting his GF travel solo with another man or any number of things. Jase already felt guilty because he thought he was the reason we broke up but I doubt Tom would have been comfortable with me travelling for 6 months without him anyway.

Anyway, Tom wants to meet up to talk about this and potentially rekindling things. I'm not sure it's a good idea, I've moved on. I know the whole situation sucked and I did put my best friend before my boyfriend but I don't regret the trip. I feel more at peace with myself, who I am and the decisions I'm making. Tom definitely wanted someone who was more conservative- he wants kids and a traditional family ad he's probably not going to like the idea of me working long hours if I do become a surgeon. I have also joined a few dating apps and have dates scheduled and that sort of thing. What do I do?

tl;dr: I [30F] broke up with my ex to go travelling around the world with my best friend [30M]. Best friend came out after the trip. Ex is pissed I didn't tell him and now wants to meet up to talk.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

feel good moment is over who wants some trainwrecks

My [21] ex [25] confessed to tampering with our birth control to get me pregnant on purpose. I am so angry/done

quote:

I don't know if this is considered an update or what. I'm the chick who posted a couple days ago about wanting an abortion while my boyfriend didn't. I explained how hosed our relationship is/was. A lot of you guys were awesome and really gave me the tough love I needed.

I decided to sit down with my boyfriend and explain to him why I wanted an abortion. Why it would be the best thing for not only me, but us. He's an unemployed, lazy stoner who would rather mooch off his parents each month than actually get off his rear end and get a job. Even if I didn't want to admit it when I first posted, I knew deep down that's the person he is.

Like I said in my first post, I live paycheck to paycheck. I don't have health insurance. It would literally be the worst time for me to have a baby right now. I hate the fact I'm going to have to lie to my parents and claim I had a miscarriage, but it won't be the first time I've lied to them

I kept a lot of things you guys have said in my mind when I started to talk to him. I asked him why did he want to be a father so bad when neither of us are financially stable, we live in a tiny one bedroom apartment. I told him how he'd have to get a job to help support me and the baby if I were to go through with this pregnancy.. etc. I asked him if there was anything he wanted to tell me. More than one person commented asking if he had possibly tampered with our BC method [condoms] and it didn't seem too far out of the realm of possibility to me

At first he went bug eyed and I could tell by hus body language he was uncomfortable by me asking questions. I kept pressing, I could tell something was up. You don't stay in a relationship for 4 years with someone and not be able to tell when they're hiding something

He eventually confessed that yes, on two occasions [that he can remember] he purposefully got me drunk and we had sex without a condom.

I then proceeded to lose my poo poo. I won't go into specifics on that, but it involved a lot of crying, yelling, and I probably won't get my half of the security deposit back. Through the arguing, he revealed he wanted to get me pregnant intentionally because he knew I'd "take care of him and the baby" because his parents are/were threatening to cut him off financially. To that, I screamed "gently caress YOU FOR TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE"

My ex then called our landlord, claiming he was "scared" because of my yelling [because yes, a 5'4", 120 pound girl can be scary] and was threatening to call the cops. Our landlord came over and suggested that I go to a hotel for a few days. It wasn't what I wanted to do but I also didn't want him calling the cops on me [not sure if they could have done anything but I didn't want to take that risk]

I've pretty much accepted the fact I will have to move back in with my parents [ugh] because I can't afford to live on my own with my lovely paychecks right now. I will be breaking my lease and getting the rest of my stuff from our apartment. He's tried calling and texting me ever since I went to a hotel last night, but I refuse to answer. I'm so angry at him I might honestly try to hurt him. I'm angry at his selfishness and just general dumbassery. I feel loving betrayed and like I was seen for nothing more than an incubator

I will be getting this abortion as soon as I'm able to afford it. Being in a hotel for two nights was more expensive than I thought so it had to go on my only credit card and I don't get paid until next Friday. But I will not carry this loving jagoff's baby any longer than absolutely necessary.

To those who were awesome and gave me words of advice and support and the tough love I so needed, thank you. Thanks to everyone who sent me pm's telling me I was making the right decision and things would be okay, thank you. I wasn't expecting such an outpour of love and support but I'm so glad you guys gave me the backbone I needed to end this loving sham of a "relationshit"

tl;dr: Ex admitted to getting me drunk and having unprotected sex on purpose so he could knock me up because he knew I'd "take care of him and the baby". Ended the relationshit, aborting this loving parasite as soon as I'm able to. TIA reddit. <3

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

He eventually confessed that yes, on two occasions [that he can remember] he purposefully got me drunk and we had sex without a condom.

:stare: That is straight up rape.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

military cervix posted:

Actually I don't remember this happening?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

military cervix posted:

I don't think she did anything wrong, and she shouldn't get back with her ex if they want different things from life, but I was a little irked by the line about dating apps.

"I'd love to get back together, but, y'know, I told my Tinder match we'd go to TGI Friday's and I really don't want to disappoint him"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
yeah I mean, someone oughta be calling the cops in that situation

loquacius posted:

I don't think she did anything wrong, and she shouldn't get back with her ex if they want different things from life, but I was a little irked by the line about dating apps.

"I'd love to get back together, but, y'know, I told my Tinder match we'd go to TGI Friday's and I really don't want to disappoint him"

eh, it just tells me straight up she's moved on. she should continue with that

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

The idea of seven brothers yelling at their parents to drop the bigoted crap is pretty pleasing. Good for Jase that he has such stand-up siblings.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

I don't think she did anything wrong

If the dude posted "My gf is traveling for 6 months with a dude without me" we would all be saying "dump her, do you have any self respect?"

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

The idea of seven brothers yelling at their parents to drop the bigoted crap is pretty pleasing. Good for Jase that he has such stand-up siblings.

Yep. That's pretty awesome. Even if the parents are bigots, they apparently did a good job raising their children since none of the brothers have it in them to hate Jase for being gay.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WampaLord posted:

If the dude posted "My gf is traveling for 6 months with a dude without me" we would all be saying "dump her, do you have any self respect?"

But he did. :confused:

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys

WampaLord posted:

Yep. And while I sympathize with her not wanting to out her friend, you should prioritize a partner over a friend. If your loyalty isn't primarily to your partner after two years of dating, then I suspect the relationship isn't going to last that long anyway.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

military cervix posted:

Yep. And while I sympathize with her not wanting to out her friend, you should prioritize a partner over a friend. If your loyalty isn't primarily to your partner after two years of dating, then I suspect the relationship isn't going to last that long anyway.

I feel her relationship with her childhood friend is way more important to her than a two-year old romantic relationship.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Also, if he brought up how he wasn't comfortable with the trip and she said her friend was gay but not out yet, I would totally guess that she's lying.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

loquacius posted:

I'm actually a little surprised that she didn't lie and tell him he was the father considering the rest of how she acted

She did. They went through a paternity test and everything.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I feel like everyone did what I would hope they would do in that gay guy/trip situation aside from the dude trying to get back together with her when he should leave it alone.

Girl makes decision for herself, trying to involve her boyfriend? Yeah okay.

Guy breaks up with girl because she's going on a mysterious trip with another guy? Good on you.

Girl doesn't out the gay dude? Yes, thanks.

Maybe it would have been different and maybe it wouldn't, but no one tried to actively screw another person and everyone stayed true to themselves/their values.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Yeah, he didn't do anything wrong either. Like the post said, I can see both sides of this one.

And considering she probably knew this guy was Not The One (see: kids, family, etc) I don't really blame her for not taking the risk either

Gaunab posted:

She did. They went through a paternity test and everything.

Yeah, and he learned the results of it from a text from her. She could have easily been like "well, the test says you're the dad and the doctors all agree you should forgive me and marry me on the spot and they are responsible scholars so I trust them on this one"

He probably would have wanted to actually see the results himself though

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

loquacius posted:

Yeah, he didn't do anything wrong either. Like the post said, I can see both sides of this one.

And considering she probably knew this guy was Not The One (see: kids, family, etc) I don't really blame her for not taking the risk either

Yeah, and he learned the results of it from a text from her. She could have easily been like "well, the test says you're the dad and the doctors all agree you should forgive me and marry me on the spot and they are responsible scholars so I trust them on this one"

He probably would have wanted to actually see the results himself though

His friend Emily was at the hospital with the GF to receive the results. Emily was the one who texted him that he isn't the father, not the GF.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My (18f) cousin (7m) is violent and dangerous. Is it not my place to ask to have him homed?

Okay, I know, dramatic title, but let me give you a little background. My husband and I live in my grandparent's basement apartment pretty much rent free. We chip in once in a while, but they usually tell us not to worry about. We're expecting our first baby in January. We've lived here for almost 2 years. This past August my aunt (40f) decided she wanted to divorce her military husband over having different religious and political ideas so she fled to my grandparents house. Before she came to stay with us my grandpa(65m) asked me if I was okay with having her as a house guest for a few weeks. I obliged, I didn't have any problem with her being there for a few weeks. So, aunt and her 3 kids(15f) (12f) and (7m) move in. Aunt and her son take our spare bedroom/future nursery for our daughter and her daughters are up stairs sharing my grandpa's office. It's been about 5 months and they are still here.

Now to get on with the important part of all of this, the 7 y/o and his issues. My aunt has autism which has made her severely incapable of caring for children. Her past two daughters (fathered by a different man then her current husband) were raised by my grandma for those crucial developmental years and they have turned okay-ish. Her son on the other hand has had no parenting other than his biological parents, and since his dad was deployed a lot of the time she has been the person primarily "raising" him. Because of his lack of a parental guidance/figure he's never been fully potty trained, he has severe speech issues, and he doesn't have the slightest respect for anyone or anything. I'll just give you a few of examples of his behavior that lead me to believe he would do better in a home than he would here;

-He's tried to kill our 4 year old cousin by choking him until the other grandkids pulled them apart. (He was given no punishment for this.)

-He tried to stomp on my Grandmother's sick dog's head just a day before he had to be put down. (Was yelled at, no punishment other than that.)

-Slaps, hits, punches, kicks, and harms his mother in any other imaginable way when he's angry. (Never punished.)

-Became so violent (trying to stab his mother and also our grandfather with a pencil) over having to do homework that my grandmother asked me to call the police on him. (Police officer came to our house, and 7m straightened up real fast.)

-He watches my husband and I when we are in our room if we don't make sure the door is completely closed.

-He stands behind walls to watch my husband and I in other parts of the house.

-Punched a mirror in the bathroom and shattered it.

-Frequently "scissors" with his 12f sister. (Fully clothed, but still inappropriate and weird.)

I do realize he is only half the equation and most of his behaviors are from imitating his mother, but I'm scared for the sake of my baby. I'm afraid he will kill her or do something even more deranged to her.

He's in counseling, but my aunt wants to pull him out because the counselor keeps telling her his issues are more environmental and not disorders; my aunt takes that as the councilor saying she's a bad parent (she is!) but she doesn't want to hear it.

Would it be awful of me to bring up the idea of having him housed to my grandparents? If they're on board is it not my place to bring this up to my aunt? I want what's best for everyone and he would do sooooo much better in a home.

TLDR; 7 year old cousin has issues his mother can't handle and I fear for the well being of everyone living in our house. Should I bring up housing him to my other family members?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:psyduck: Who the gently caress has to call the cops on a 7 year old? :psyduck:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

WampaLord posted:

One that doesn't want to get stabbed

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
She should move out imo and possibly contact social services because the kid sounds hosed up but idk. Ideally she should talk to the mother and the aunt etc but I doubt that's going to work out.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

WampaLord posted:

I've worked pediatric psych. 7-year-olds can be very violent, and they can keep going for hours. That kid needs wrap-around services, stat.

(As an example, I've had kids that age and younger that stole and hid guns, pulled knives on family members, stabbed a total stranger, tried to jump out of a car at highway speeds because they were mad at Mom for taking them to the hospital, etc.)

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
How make i (f/19) make it up to boyfriend (b/22) for waking him up the wrong way

quote:

So my boyfriend doesn't wake up for anything, I tried turning the lights on, putting on alarms, opening the curtains, moving around and talking to him everything.

I don't know why but the idea of putting something cold on him came to mind, because he'd done things like thrown water over me or pushed me out of bed before to get me up.

So I got a cold drink from the fridge and just pressed it against his skin, and I shock woke him up.

He was instantly in a bad mood and I know this is my fault but with good intentions, because he needs to get up for uni and he hasn't been doing that lately.

So he tells me to gently caress off and get out and that I've ruined his mood, and now he's gone back to sleep and said he isn't going in because I've ruined it.

I've made him a coffee but he's asleep.

What can I do? I didn't mean to shock him and I wasn't thinking at all, I only had the intentions of waking him up

Tl;dr woke boyfriendnup the wrong way now won't go into uni

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

WampaLord posted:

Smart ppl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm almost completely positive she posted a rant/vent thread in babybumps about that! Everyone basically said she needed to realize that this kid sounded like he may have been physically/sexually abused.

I'm glad her and her partner are having a child, they sound ready :shepface:

E:
Aha! Found it. Remember, this was in r/babybumps a month ago:

quote:

Please help me from murdering someone.
I'm not mobile and didn't realize this was tagged as "help?". I don't need help, I just need to rage and vent. (Sorry for the wall of text, I'm just so loving livid right now.)
Alright, here's the story. My aunt left her husband due to his "porn addiction" after their marriage became rocky when she took $6000 from their bank account to give as tithing to her cult without his knowledge. She and her 3 children move into my grandparent's house where my husband and I live in the basement. Before my grandparents allowed her to move in my grandpa asked if I would be okay with that and made it sound as though she would only be here a week or two. Fast forward 3 months and she hasn't made a single effort to find a place or get a job. Her cult offered her free housing but she refused to take it and is leeching everything she can possibly pull from my poor sweet grandparents.
She's taken over my baby's nursery as "her" room where her and her 7 year old son now reside. It smells profusely of piss because she won't potty train him. I've tried to help her in the efforts of potty training her piece of poo poo, but she won't listen to anything I try to tell her because, "I'm young and not a mother yet." & "I don't know what it's like until I've been there." I know it's not my place but my entire basement and my unborn daughter's room smells like urine. If they ever move out we will need to re carpet that room. This same child also spits on beds, couches, and chairs for some reason, wipes his buggers on my full length bathroom mirror, opens our bedroom door and watches us sleep, stomped on my grandparent's dog's head the day before we had to put him down, is cruel to my dog and has told my grandma that, "Misha's going home soon." (Misha is my dog that has lived her entire life at my grandparents house, I can only assume he's planning on hurting her in someway), and is all around a little psychopath.
She has 2 daughters from her first marriage that live in the storage room upstairs and have only recently gotten beds (that's right, they were forced to sleep on the floor for 2+ months). The oldest (15f) is great, and very well mannered. I think this is mainly due to the fact that my grandma raised her more than my aunt did. She's a great student, she does dance, keeps to herself, and seems very enlightened for her age. The second oldest (13f) is the most disgusting little girl I've encountered. She, much like her little brother, was never potty trained and would wet herself at school up until 2 years ago when girls started making fun of her. She plays almost incest-y games with her brother, is being a Loli (a sexual anime school girl) for Halloween, constantly lies, doesn't leave the animals alone even after they make it known that they want to be left alone, tries to sext celebrities over Instagram, and just has a creepy/unsettling vibe about her.
Now that I've set the stage, I'll get on to the more important parts of the story;
In my pregnancy I've had a few minor complications that aren't too big of a deal, but enough that I'm on edge and try really hard to keep myself healthy. Adding 4 more bodies to our 4 bedroom home has made it very difficult to keep out sicknesses. On top of bringing her nasty kids into our house my aunt also had an STD scare and came home telling everyone she had herpes. Of course everyone was very apologetic towards her and felt bad. Fast forward a few more days and it turns out after having testing done she has Herpes Virus 1. That's cold sores. She literally loving had everyone throw a pity party for her because she has loving cold sores. To make things even more disgusting and retarded the next day she started her period and leaves a bloody mess all over the toilet seat. It's obvious she half-assedly tried cleaning it from the way it's been wiped around, but not actually cleaned. This is literally not even a week after she tells everyone she has a disease radiating from her lady bits. I leave the bathroom, hoping she will come back and clean up after herself, but my poor grandpa ends up cleaning up after this 40+ year old woman.
More reasons I'm infuriated with her;
She's constantly telling me, "Most women now days can't give birth naturally." when ever I bring up my birth plan to my grandma.
She blamed me for her 13 year old's awful hygiene, because I said I only wash my hair twice a month (I have really dry hair, washing it just makes it more brittle).
She's constantly mocking mine and my husband's vegan lifestyle unless I'm making some kind of dessert and then she want me to give some to her and her children.
She told her kids that my therapy dog (who my husband got for me as a gift after we had a miscarriage last year) was "their dog too".
She talks about how awful people are who drink coffee, alcohol, or smoke weed knowing good and well that my husband and I both do all those things (well, except for me at the moment).
She doesn't make food for her children or herself, clean up after herself, or buy groceries for her family.
There are so many more things I could tell you, but I think I've gotten my point across. She's rude and inconsiderate.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago from today, I ask everyone in the house to get flu shots. I usually wouldn't ask this, but I'm very susceptible to sickness right now and my midwife didn't recommend me getting one myself. My grandparents have already had theirs. Great! I ask my aunt, who gives me a sideways look, and she says that she probably could. Now, fast forward to right now. Aunt lied. Nobody in her family got flu shots, her kids have been sick all night and throwing up in my loving bathroom. I'm so pissed.
She and children have stolen things from me, lied to me, leached off of the only real parents I've had my entire life, and now she's putting me at risk to loose the one thing that means anything to me right now. I loving hate her.
TLDR; my aunt has over stayed her welcome and is the most inconsiderate person on the planet.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 5, 2016