Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cowboy elvis posted:

I'm on the vue trial myself. Vue is great

vue owns

the $35 bundle had every channel i wanted until comedy central got taken off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mad Dragon posted:

The fan on my One S is much quieter than my computer, 360, and PS3.

Quite like having MS stores around and the ability to swap gear out. I was able to have mine swapped out at the local one under warranty. It was a bit loud in there and the first gal didn't hear anything, had someone else come over and they confirmed it. So yeah, that's my story :shrug:

-edit oh yeah and the new Xbox one s doesn't make that noise so far so 🤷🏽‍♀️

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 21, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yo Casimir, what's the word on that abscess?
They didn't think it was a pilonidal cyst, they put it down as a sebaceous cyst. They gave me a week of cephAlexin and said to get in touch with a primary care physician to get it taken care of if it didn't start shrinking. It's a deep one so they didn't think urgent care was the best place to get it taken care of if that's what it comes to.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy poo poo, the insides of that thing. :stare:

I had to watch that video twice just to absorb it all. The price tag makes sense now, the question is why the hell they did what they did. I just can't wrap my mind around it. Every time he unveils a new part I had to pause it just to go "what the gently caress?!"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy poo poo, the insides of that thing. :stare:

The amount of precision CNC work on that loving thing is ridiculous. All it does is squeeze a loving packet, you could've cast half the loving thing in plastic. I guess they actually believed in their squeeze machine.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that is some gorgeous work for the metal pieces jfc

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

It really is a masterwork in engineering design and production, it's just that all of that work is wasted on a device that just squeezes a bag.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
The battery on my iPhone 6 was swelling up, enough to warp the screen and it looked like it was about to burst or explode or something. It was out of warranty so instead of being free, Apple gave me a brand new (not refurb) iPhone 6 for $80 which is the cost of the battery. I couldn't be happier since my nearly 3 year old phone needed to be replaced and I was dreading having to pay full price for something since no carrier subsidizes phones anymore. And the 6s & 7 don't seem to add anything that's worth the upgrade cost to me anyway.

So yea that's my story. If something looks like it could be wrong with your battery, like the phone is getting thick at the upper left portion of the screen go get that poo poo taken care of.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Backchat: a foam roller makes me feel amazing.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

TBeats posted:

Backchat: a foam roller makes me feel amazing.

I really need to find a little Asian girl to walk on my back. I bet I'd feel so much better.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

vue owns

the $35 bundle had every channel i wanted until comedy central got taken off

So explain like I'm (60)5, please? You have to have a playstation and a subscription to that to get Vue?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you pay your monthly fee

the app works like a cablebox; channels are live, and you can DVR whatever you want

also theres on demand

it works on ps4,ps3, roku, fire stick, etc

you dont need a ps4 for it or PS+

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It's on AppleTV too for what it's worth.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you pay your monthly fee

the app works like a cablebox; channels are live, and you can DVR whatever you want

also theres on demand

it works on ps4,ps3, roku, fire stick, etc

you dont need a ps4 for it or PS+

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's on AppleTV too for what it's worth.

Thanks.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Got a 25$ American Express gift card, but as some weird one-time use credit card, so I'm gonna do a month or two of Curiosity Stream.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Got a 25$ American Express gift card, but as some weird one-time use credit card, so I'm gonna do a month or two of pure mature dot com to share with my friends .

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well The Handmaid's Tale has a death scene that ranks high on the list of awful tv deaths.

It's not gory or even drawn out. poo poo just loving happens to make another character break.

Nothing is going to top Breaking Bad with the bike dismemberment scene and than one in season 5 I'd rather not spoil.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

cowboy elvis posted:

Well The Handmaid's Tale has a death scene that ranks high on the list of awful tv deaths.

It's not gory or even drawn out. poo poo just loving happens to make another character break.

Nothing is going to top Breaking Bad with the bike dismemberment scene and than one in season 5 I'd rather not spoil.

I watched like the first half of the first episode and couldn't get over how heavy handed everything was. Is that persistent throughout the whole series? The main character musing about how poo poo sucks compared to the past for no reason ad-nauseum wore pretty thin pretty quick

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I watched like the first half of the first episode and couldn't get over how heavy handed everything was. Is that persistent throughout the whole series? The main character musing about how poo poo sucks compared to the past for no reason ad-nauseum wore pretty thin pretty quick

Yea that's how the show is. It doesn't ease up in style. You're not entirely wrong. I'm three episodes in and the heavy-handedness gets old.

bloops fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 21, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

kinda feeling like going through DS9 again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

kinda feeling like going through DS9 again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io

Sisko was the best

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

Sisko is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 22, 2017

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Finally got around to watching Rouge One. It was an actual entertaining, fun movie to watch unlike The Force Awakens.

Felicity Jones :swoon:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

awwww yiss twin peaks

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

awwww yiss twin peaks

Oh word

Gonna have to add stars or snowtime or cinemax or whichever non hbo premium channel that is

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Watched 2001 A Space Odyssey again, still don't get it.

Fuckin Stanley Kubrick movies, it'd be loving great high though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I doubt it's understandable without having read the book tbh. I remember enjoying it but that was years ago

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

I doubt it's understandable without having read the book tbh. I remember enjoying it but that was years ago

I've read 2001, 2010, and 2061. Granted that was like 12 years ago but, eh.

I just realized what I am missing out on not having a kinect for my xbox one s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6uNvQich8g

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

orange juche posted:

I've read 2001, 2010, and 2061. Granted that was like 12 years ago but, eh.

I just realized what I am missing out on not having a kinect for my xbox one s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6uNvQich8g

:staredog:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I enjoyed most of 2001, but there were parts that were just too random. Probably should read the book.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84YXPw4htnQ

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKSp1dVTrYk&t=1080s

Posted with no further comment.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 22, 2017

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah, my SO watched the first two and I asked her what she thought, her summation was "It's like someone obsessed with Jane Austin tried to write a Hunger Games prequel"

Ever since I got her in to Red Letter Media she's been savage in how she describes movies and TV

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, my SO watched the first two and I asked her what she thought, her summation was "It's like someone obsessed with Jane Austin tried to write a Hunger Games prequel"

Ever since I got her in to Red Letter Media she's been savage in how she describes movies and TV

lol that's great actually.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kawasaki Nun posted:

hello, welcome to Margaret Atwood

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The temporary promotion putting me into middle management just ended, but they still dont have anyone else yet. Nobody else wants the temp promotion. I'm still doing the exact same job without the pay.

As a boss and as a lineworker, I have to tell myself to suck my dick from the back.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

The temporary promotion putting me into middle management just ended, but they still dont have anyone else yet. Nobody else wants the temp promotion. I'm still doing the exact same job without the pay.

As a boss and as a lineworker, I have to tell myself to suck my dick from the back.

:(:hf::(

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was just in publix and there was michael buble on the PA system. These 2 middle aged women start gushing about the time that they saw him live, and they were hugging each other and it looked about half a second a way from a makeout session.

Reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx1sBxG6eW4

Yeah my life boring so what

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Didn't any of you have to read Margret Atwood's work in high school or college?

Wait till HBO convinces Benioff and Weiss to make Charlotte Perkins Gilman's The Yellow Wallpaper into a 6 episode mini series. Thats a real lighthearted page turner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Genocide Tendency posted:

Didn't any of you have to read Margret Atwood's work in high school or college?

Nope.

But you used to could get your GED at 16 in Tennessee. And college lit classes don't always glaze over all the dystopian poo poo.

Guess where I got my GED and college lit classes knocked out.

• Locked thread