Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
For a moment I thought it would be made exactly as a tennis ball (i.e. not inflatable) and was considering buying it just to see how they would ship you the whole thing for 6 bucks

MrUnderbridge posted:

What kills me are the reviews that are: "Just got it pretty quick, haven't used it yet, looks good, five stars."
Banggood at least encourages this kind of stuff by giving you points for any review (plus extra if there are photos or videos) that you can redeem for discounts. It doesn't have to be positive but most people just give five stars if the product is in one piece.

eSporks posted:

I saw a few reviews that looked more trustworthy, that amounted to "not as good as wiha's normal quality, but way better than normal Chinese junk"

I don't have a proper hardness tester but I can take a file to it and make some comparisons, as well comparisons to the fit. My other wiha bits fit really snug.
Thanks, yeah, just AvE it it and that will be way more useful than a bunch of 10 minute unboxing videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I recommended these cases about six months back:

Hirayuki posted:

NAGFAK Luxury Electroplate Phone Case For Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S8 Plus S7 S6 Edge Cover For Samsung Galaxy A3 A5 A7 2016 Case
(It's no longer available at the original URL.)
I still love them very much, but my S7 Edge's battery started bulging :ohdear: and I had to upgrade it before its time. (I guess when the battery bulges, it's time.) So if anyone wants this case in blue or gold, PM me and I'll send them over for the cost of shipping.

NB: I don't think the case--which is very very thin and plastic--had anything to do with the bulging battery, but it may be that the case prevented heat from dissipating as efficiently as it may have without it. PMer beware?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

S7 Edge's battery started bulging :ohdear:

congrats on your free bomb

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

congrats on your free bomb
I had it for about 18 months, not a single problem in all that time. :( And I wasn't eligible for an upgrade till November. :( :(

No, I didn't buy it off AliExpress.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bulging? Is it yours? :baby:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I searched AliExpress for "pregnant phone" and found these gems:

AEKU M9 Ultra Thin Mini Card Phone Low Radiation Small Pocket Replace Phone For Children Pregnants PK C6 M5 E1 M8

You know, for pregnants! :haw:

They're not a bad idea, though, and probably too small/simple to contain much spyware.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

giving phones to fetuses is a bad idea

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AIR...2846520854.html

:eyepop:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

you could probably use that as grounds for divorce

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Speaking of grounds, has anyone had any experience with coffee percolators? I want to switch from my beat up old aluminium one to stainless steel, but I'm not sure whether the heavy metals from AE percs are likely to be worse than the slow aluminium poisoning I'll get from my existing one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sta...2832755885.html

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Jesus don't die from Chinese metal poisoning. Go to Ross or Marshall's and get a moka pot for the same price.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

pour over is actually the best low-tech coffee though

Woden
May 6, 2006

Crazy Achmed posted:

Speaking of grounds, has anyone had any experience with coffee percolators? I want to switch from my beat up old aluminium one to stainless steel, but I'm not sure whether the heavy metals from AE percs are likely to be worse than the slow aluminium poisoning I'll get from my existing one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sta...2832755885.html

Aluminium poisoning from cookware isn't really a thing, I wouldn't worry about it.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
Just a rad freebie available today. :rock:

U7 Cross Guitar Pendant Necklace 316 Stainless Steel Friend Jewelry Gift Jesus Christian Crucifix Men Necklace Punk Style P1189
http://s.aliexpress.com/3mQ73qai

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I won another freebie!

http://s.aliexpress.com/muuAR7vm

I still have not finished my awful diamond painting that I won, but the seller said that's fine. I don't think they ever printed out a large proof of the image, so hopefully they will clean it up after I finish it and write my review. No clue if I should include the flaws in the print in the written review or mention it to them in a private message.

Edit: (maybe :nws:) Here is a butt exerciser. I don't think it actually goes into your butt, but the image sure makes it look like it.

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 17, 2018

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

That holographic polish is gorgeous! I have it in the brighter blue and green, and the softer pink. You'll love it. :)

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
Got some more stuff in the mail since last time.

Recommended:
A drawer for my desktop PC.
A wooden shelf that I use for my keys.
A mouse bungee.
A quick release bar clamp.
An aluminum case for my soldering iron.
Two electronic lighters.

Yet to test/use:
A replacement shell for my Switch case and two for my Joycons.
Cable organizers
A USB Hub.
A chromatic harmonica.

Crap:
This Dark Souls figurine.

Had to go to the local customs office today to pick up the headphones I ordered.

Thought I'd travel to the other end of the city, open the package for them to check the insides, show them the bill, pay the customs fee, and be on my merry way. There wasn't even a line, so I'd be out of there in no time, right?

Well, I opened the package in front of the custom officer and the woman first checked the box for a CE certification. All electronic devices that are imported to Europe need to have one, and it was there. Great, can I pay now?
Nope. While she was checking out the phones, a second customs officer had gotten up from his desk and approached us. The guy had a look on his face that that screamed ''I'm here to make your day miserable''.
He instantly brushed his colleague aside and started inquiring whether the headphones have any wireless capabilities. Nope. Showed him the cables, too.
He then asked for a manual. I showed him the one that was written in Chinese and English. He then started smiling for the first time. ''And what about German?''
Turns out that the manual for imported electronic devices are supposed to be written in German too, lest you start inserting the headphones into your anal cavity or tie your shoes with the cables or some bullshit.

So in order to guarantee my personal safety and that of the fatherland, the headphones have to be forwarded for an official technical checkup by the ''monitoring agency''. If they don't pass the test, they're basically 60 Euro down the drain. :lol:

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

Cosmic Web posted:

Recommended:
Two electronic lighters.

for the X shaped arc one, can you use it to set things other than cigarettes on fire?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It'll light anything you can fit into the archs.. I have one, it makes an ungodly screeching noise when you use it, could probably save your life if you're lost in a forrest with people trying to find you.

My zombie pizza hand pins turned up today.. now I just need to figure out what to put them on.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Cosmic Web posted:

Recommended:
A mouse bungee.
Two electronic lighters.

Yet to test/use:
Cable organizers
A USB Hub.
A chromatic harmonica.

Crap:

Had to go to the local customs office today to pick up the headphones I ordered.

Thought I'd travel to the other end of the city, open the package for them to check the insides, show them the bill, pay the customs fee, and be on my merry way. There wasn't even a line, so I'd be out of there in no time, right?

Well, I opened the package in front of the custom officer and the woman first checked the box for a CE certification. All electronic devices that are imported to Europe need to have one, and it was there. Great, can I pay now?
Nope. While she was checking out the phones, a second customs officer had gotten up from his desk and approached us. The guy had a look on his face that that screamed ''I'm here to make your day miserable''.
He instantly brushed his colleague aside and started inquiring whether the headphones have any wireless capabilities. Nope. Showed him the cables, too.
He then asked for a manual. I showed him the one that was written in Chinese and English. He then started smiling for the first time. ''And what about German?''
Turns out that the manual for imported electronic devices are supposed to be written in German too, lest you start inserting the headphones into your anal cavity or tie your shoes with the cables or some bullshit.

So in order to guarantee my personal safety and that of the fatherland, the headphones have to be forwarded for an official technical checkup by the ''monitoring agency''. If they don't pass the test, they're basically 60 Euro down the drain. :lol:

Yeah,just don't import electronics to Germany. I've had to travel to the Zollbehörde for far less and paid more in fines than what the stuff is worth. Weirdly enough, electronic components like switchboards or capacitors or resistors are totally fine.

So just order a DIY headphone kit

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe

ianmacdo posted:

for the X shaped arc one, can you use it to set things other than cigarettes on fire?

Sure!

QwertySanchez posted:

It'll light anything you can fit into the archs.. I have one, it makes an ungodly screeching noise when you use it, could probably save your life if you're lost in a forrest with people trying to find you.

My zombie pizza hand pins turned up today.. now I just need to figure out what to put them on.

Keep one, hand (heh) out the remaining ones to friends.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah,just don't import electronics to Germany. I've had to travel to the Zollbehörde for far less and paid more in fines than what the stuff is worth. Weirdly enough, electronic components like switchboards or capacitors or resistors are totally fine.

So just order a DIY headphone kit

I've imported lots of electronics (including cell phones) and never had a problem with customs. Looks like a case of ''we have to fulfill our quota till the end of the month''.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I assume it depends on where you live, I got hosed for overstepping the duty free amount by a few cent and had to pay fines on CDs and stuff from Japan

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Come to America where your $100 multimeter that explicitly says not for sale in USA $15 perfectly legal Multimeters万用表 or your $140 knockoff iPhone mp4 player that's a gift from your good friend WEN receive no additional scrutiny. :911:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Skincare goons, I have a new recommendation for you!

Have you heard of the supposedly holy grail product Foreo Luna 2? Do you also think $200 for a face vibrator is laughably expensive?

Good news, Aliexpress sells a knock-off for $13!

I've been using it for a few weeks and I can confirm that it makes your face squeaky-clean, I haven't used the Foreo but people in the comments who have say there is literally no difference.

p.s. I removed the 'nl' part of the link to hopefully prevent spreading The Dutch Curse, you're welcome.

Been using this for a long while now and it's been awesome. Recommend it to everyone.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I still have the Dutch curse

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Over There posted:

Been using this for a long while now and it's been awesome. Recommend it to everyone.
So do I. Works great, holds a charge for forever and a day.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Cowwan posted:

Come to America where your $100 multimeter that explicitly says not for sale in USA $15 perfectly legal Multimeters万用表 or your $140 knockoff iPhone mp4 player that's a gift from your good friend WEN receive no additional scrutiny. :911:

You know WEN too? He's a good guy.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Cosmic Web posted:

Recommended:
A mouse bungee.
Two electronic lighters.

Yet to test/use:
Cable organizers
A USB Hub.
A chromatic harmonica.

Crap:

This right there is why I haven't ordered anythinng yet. My last 3 trips to customs each cost more in public transport ticket than the stuff was worth. And that was from regular non EU sellers in the UK channel isles. German customs are assholes.

Edit: Of course Deutsche Post sends you a note to pick your stuff up qt customs and generously agree to handle customs for you, for 20+€ service fee plus whatever you need to pay customs.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Someone suggested to buy a Strandbeest kit, so I bought 3. Thanks, it was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOMfXcvEWY
(Not sure why the YouTube embed isn’t working)

http://s.aliexpress.com/77RVru2e

The English on the instructions is awful, but with the pictures it’s easy enough to figure out.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 19, 2018

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Good Sphere posted:

Someone suggested to buy a Strandbeest kit, so I bought 3. Thanks, it was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOMfXcvEWY
(Not sure why the YouTube embed isn’t working)

http://s.aliexpress.com/77RVru2e

The English on the instructions is awful, but with the pictures it’s easy enough to figure out.

Strandbeest one of the best dirt cheap purchases I've made from AliExpress. The perfect present for every kid aged 8-12 ever.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Sex Robot posted:

Strandbeest one of the best dirt cheap purchases I've made from AliExpress. The perfect present for every kid aged 8-12 ever.

It was pretty satisfying to work on. I’m not sure about the age recommendation of 8, but some kids surprise me. Plus nothing wrong with building something with them.

I didn’t get it to work on wind alone, and even with a fan it moves so slow, just like the real ones. Either way, $3-4 dollars goes a long way with this. I can imagine them selling this at a museum’s gift shop for many times that price.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I just bought some knockoff Shimano disc brakes for my MTB.

...I'll be posting from the hospital in a few weeks.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Matt Topcoat.

it should be matte, for not shiny, just in case someone is unfamiliar with the term.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
:eng101: "matt" is an acceptable alternate spelling

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The gently caress it is, what kind of bullshit is that.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

:eng101: "matt" is an acceptable alternate spelling

I did not know that. I've never seen it spelled that way. My bad. I'll stick to making fun of Chinese translated to English with typos.

"LOVE IS A FOUR-LRGGED WORD"

Bored fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 19, 2018

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
huh?

Oh, uhh, okay.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Bummey posted:

huh?

Oh, uhh, okay.

Don't do it!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Bored posted:

Don't do it!

D: it's tattoo ink. Even they don't want you to put this in your skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

gently caress you! take my goddamn money and stop telling me what to do!