Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm weirded out by the Logarius hate train. He took a bit of learning the first time but once you figured out his spellcasting pattern he's kinda like any other melee boss and pretty easy to parry. Don't want to sound like a git gud jerk but I just don't find him that difficult anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody's got their quirks. I don't think I've had a playthrough yet where I didn't die to micolash at least once

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I guess

Paarl is still a nuisance with a skill build because you're aiming for a fast moving skeleton. He was much easier with a strength axe build

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-enCTydBE&t=365s

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Everybody's got their quirks. I don't think I've had a playthrough yet where I didn't die to micolash at least once

same, i always forget about call beyond and get one-shot

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Agag posted:

There are a lot of bosses that are tough until you figure them out, then you can reliably beat them. Only Logarius feels like I can barely handle him every time.

On my first playthrough I was using the extended version of the hunter's axe, so I ate poo poo against Logarius 20 times in a row.

Er, I've been usisng the tricked hunter's axe the whole game up till Logarino, who is now consistently pounding my rear end. What other weapon do you recommend?

Also I have a real hard time parrying Loghead reliably, does he only stumble and open up for a visceral if you shoot him in the middle of his long wind-up scythe swing? Or are there other attacks that are parriable?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can parry his air dive which is probably the coolest series of animations in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A half dead blood demon king presiding on the rooftop of a snow covered castle starts flying around the sky like a DBZ character and wields his scythe ready to decapitate you and you shoot his face off with a shotgun at point blank range and disembowel him with a pair of wolverine claws

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

quote:

Church engages in the hunt in a medical capacity.
When a cancer is discovered. one must pinpoint its location, reach in, and wrench it from the host's bosom."
:unsmigghh:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

the witches of hemwick are the only boss i still die to. but i dont do the 0 insight n00b trick and usually dont do the thing where u get 1 really low and kill the other one.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Er, I've been usisng the tricked hunter's axe the whole game up till Logarino, who is now consistently pounding my rear end. What other weapon do you recommend?

Also I have a real hard time parrying Loghead reliably, does he only stumble and open up for a visceral if you shoot him in the middle of his long wind-up scythe swing? Or are there other attacks that are parriable?

With my extended axe I was just too slow. After I wimped out and checked online I learned the preferred move is stunning him with your firearm and attacking quickly. So with that particular character it meant dusting off my shotgun and using the only other weapon I had leveled up, which happened to be the Tonitrus.

I don't know what firearm or bloodtinge levels are needed, but my +6 shotgun did the job.

I.N.R.I posted:

u get 1 really low and kill the other one.

If Souls games teach anything, its to do this in any multi-boss fight.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Agag posted:

If Souls games teach anything, its to do this in any multi-boss fight.

i dont think theres any other boss that works like that in souls. and frankly if there is i can probably punch it to death while wearing the calamity ring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shadows maybe? I've fought them quite a bit but I'm still not too sure what triggers the second phase

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Shadows maybe? I've fought them quite a bit but I'm still not too sure what triggers the second phase

i think its a percentage of their combined health. to be honest i dont know for sure either

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

it's based off of total damage done to all of them i think. so like killing one is the same as doing half hp to two of them

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont think theres any other boss that works like that in souls. and frankly if there is i can probably punch it to death while wearing the calamity ring

throne bro.s are like that, since once one is down you have a few minute window to kill the other before they revive to full health. hate that fight, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

throne bro.s are like that, since once one is down you have a few minute window to kill the other before they revive to full health. hate that fight, lol.

Did they fix the trick in sotfs

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Did they fix the trick in sotfs

i'm not sure what the trick is, so idk

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

youre right. i actually like that fight a lot, its my favourite ds2 main game boss besides darklurker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm not sure what the trick is, so idk

There's a part of the arena where you can stand and the woman's attack animation carries her over the edge into the pit and she permadies

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm really bad at it. regardless, i wish that it wasn't right before nashandra in the same room, and that the arena had any sort of geometry in it. apparently they were supposed to be part of velstadt's boss fight, but they changed that at the last second, so they just plopped them into nash's arena.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

youre right. i actually like that fight a lot, its my favourite ds2 main game boss besides darklurker.

I like the scorpion lady because she looks cool and her burrow attack is neat

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmmm... i like velstadt and the smelter demon a lot. ruin sentinels are fun. my favorite is probably sinh or old ivory king, though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
fume knight is by far my fave dlc boss. maybe even my favourite souls boss, not counting any from bloodborne.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

Yeah I guess just Skeleton Lords in the Huntsman's Copse, which are easy anyway. Maybe some crafty new boss in DS3 will retroactively make my claim more accurate.

In Training posted:

I like the scorpion lady because she looks cool and her burrow attack is neat

Manscorpion Tark seems like a good dude. I was happy to kill his Ladyscorpion wife for him.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I was thinking about buying the Japanese version of this since it comes out 3 weeks earlier there

Pretty confident that i'm gonna do this

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pretty confident that i'm gonna do this

the asian versions have english audio apparently. kinda tempting, but i like reading the item descriptions and stuff so ill wait.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ah. Apparently you need a japanese credit card to buy mature/18+ games on psn, so I'll be waiting like everyone else

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You get a beast blood pellet off one of the dead patients in the research hall. Same room/floor where the patients you fight crawl around on fours and try to lunge at you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

ah. Apparently you need a japanese credit card to buy mature/18+ games on psn, so I'll be waiting like everyone else

You can't just buy the prepaid yen cards ?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the asian versions have english audio apparently. kinda tempting, but i like reading the item descriptions and stuff so ill wait.

If this is true I'll probably buy it twice so I can do my cautious run through in Japanese and then play in English to get the platinum trophy

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
hmmmmmmm i might have to do that too because they will undoubtedly release it in korea 3 weeks earlier as well. ill just sell it off once english version drops or something

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

alright today is the day. im going to beat orphan of kos

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

alright today is the day. im going to beat orphan of kos

i believe in you gamer

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

i believe in you gamer

im able to get to the second stage pretty regularly now but it all falls apart there

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
he's tough, but it's real rewarding when you silence his terrible screeching

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tumor looking batty posted:

im able to get to the second stage pretty regularly now but it all falls apart there

I need to figure out how to backstab him in the second stage. i ride that through the first stage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

use more bullets. hes actually pretty easy to stun, especially when he has those stomping tantrums

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I missed all the screaming and grunting and howling in ds2. Everyone's so loving quiet in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SM64Guy posted:

im doing a sl1 run and i hit ornstein and smough a couple days ago, it seems doable but its still a pain

throw fireballs at them until they die