Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

GreatestNerdEver posted:

can you just make me leader or something, unless you feel like logging on every time someone needs to be made an officer or renew an officer contract or need to give someone guild protection or whatever else leaders do

we tried this in parks and rec and a small reminder, if you switch leaders you lose 50% of your guild funds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I started a Zerker because I found out that they are getting arm cannons.
It's fun so far. Is there anything specific I should know aside from "lovely mobility and control"?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

It's fun so far. Is there anything specific I should know aside from "lovely mobility and control"?

Throwing people is fun

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

GreatestNerdEver posted:

can you just make me leader or something, unless you feel like logging on every time someone needs to be made an officer or renew an officer contract or need to give someone guild protection or whatever else leaders do

i can but we lose half of our remaining guild funds

your call, i really have don't mind seeing as how we only have like 30 mil or somesuch

J
Jun 10, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Zerker mobility is quite good. You have your evasion, shake off, lava piercer, and a move speed buff from beastly wind slash although that isn't until level 55. For pvp, I haven't seen anything better than this guide. For pve, you use raging thunder (spin) mostly. Put up the accuracy buff from headbutt and the AP buff from frenzied destroyer before you spin if you're fighting stuff that is hard enough to warrant it. Try to move around and get behind enemies as you spin instead of face tanking everything, you'll take a lot less damage and do more as well. Once you get high enough level to awaken your skills, spend as many memory fragments as it takes to get the instant +4hp on hit on your spin. You go from chain chugging pots all the time to barely needing any at all, it is absolutely worth it. I'd also level up elastic force to 3 for pve, it adds a 2nd hit to the third swing which noticeably improves the WP generation. It's ~more efficient~ to just chain chug herbal juice for WP generation instead of using elastic force, but I can't be bothered to make that much of it just for pve, and it weighs a lot. In pvp you'll need to chug herbal juice though.

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

what do i do with my life now

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mesmerized posted:

what do i do with my life now

KMMO is life. You treat it like a full time job.

Be sure to completely distance yourself from family & friends and die of renal failure in an internet cafe for the full experience.

Or AFK poo poo and do other things like enjoy a drink & meal after work.

OR play Doom and remember what an actual good game is like. It's like, wow, games can be fun too?!?

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like those patch notes but I feel they're missing something.

Could talking NPCs be changed from "talks frequently" to "talks constantly in a loop at max volume regardless of audio settings"?

Especially that Yuria merchant guy in Calephon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Help me! Please help me!

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
HI I'M LARA

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

BDO posted:

Greetings adventurers,

Today we are happy to announce that Valencia Part 1 is coming to BDO on the 1st of June !

This new content will increase the size of the world, bring hundreds of news quests, new mounts, new weather effect, new armors/weapons/accessories and an enhanced enchantment system up to +20.

On top of that the biggest PVP feature you have all been waiting for, The Node/Castle Siege Warfare, will begin on June 15.

Stay tuned for our official announcement later today !

Let's hope they get the servers sorted, huh.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yesterday I actually managed to get a liverto weapon off the market and now I feel like a dog that caught up to a car it was chasing. What's the most inexpensive way to go about getting this thing enchanted, ie how many failstacks do I build for +8 and beyond? Do I go for max failstacks as per that one chart that was floating around for each level before actually burning stones on the liverto? Do I force it at any point? I've got about 100 memory fragments in the bank right now and a bunch of scrolls to get more. Anyone got a ballpark figure on how much this is gonna cost me to get it to +15?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

RockyB posted:

Yowch.

When the game hadn't come out yet I thought it'd be cool to get caught up quick etc. Now that it is I'm slightly dreading Valencia and +16 enhancement. I don't really trust that they changed it for our version in any way that made sense and I'm bummed that node wars are coming out afterwards. I was hoping to experience those before the gear gap grew even wider but I guess not. :(

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

RockyB posted:

Does valencia coming out in two weeks change the gear dynamic in anyway other than +16-20 ? I assume grunil general entry point > boss armor is still end game, I guess all Im asking is should I avoid potentially wasting tens if not hundreds of millions of silver blowing up accessories if in two weeks something better will be released?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hi posted:

Does valencia coming out in two weeks change the gear dynamic in anyway other than +16-20 ? I assume grunil general entry point > boss armor is still end game, I guess all Im asking is should I avoid potentially wasting tens if not hundreds of millions of silver blowing up accessories if in two weeks something better will be released?

The 16-20 dynamic means casuals (anyone who doesn't treat BDO like a second job) will be wheat to the combine harvester that is hardcore grinders in PVP.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

DancingShade posted:

The 16-20 dynamic means casuals (anyone who doesn't treat BDO like a second job) will be wheat to the combine harvester that is hardcore grinders in PVP.

Yes that I understand, but does the actual gear change or just the amount of money you can throw at trying to enhance it?

edit: heres the patch notes.

Event: Road to Valencia

All monsters will drop Black Stones

Begin: May 18th

End: June 1st. (ends with the maintenance begin)

Event: Road to Valencia II

EXP +30% (only applies to Combat, Gathering, Processing, Cooking, Fishing, Trading, Training, Alchemy)

Sorcerer

The effect of Shards of Darkness has been changed for all ranks.

When using 2 shards, additional AP has changed from +18 to +14 for 20 sec.

When using 3 shard, additional AP has changed from +30 to +20 for 20 sec.

Instant recovery for MP per shard has been changed from 40 to 60.

Berserker

Base HP as well as the HP gained per level has been increased.

Musa

The amount of HP and WP gained via leveling has been increased.

The pre-action speed of Blooming has been increased.

Fixed the attack range of Blooming:Phantom skill, so that both Musa & Maewha will have same attack range.

Animation speed of other skills has been increased after using Retaliation.

The pre-action animation for Dragon Bite has been removed.

While Dragon Bite is on cool down Musa will take less damage and the cool down time to re-use Dragon Bite has been reduced.

Backstep Slash can no longer be used while on cool down.

The attack range and damage for Backstep Slash has been increased.

The effect of using Chase has been changed.

If used when not on cool down the player is invincible.

If used when on cool down the player gains Super Armor.

WP for Chase 2 has been reduced from 17 to 15.

WP and endurance has been decreased when using Chase.

Rising Storm will have reduced damage when used in the cool down period.

Cool down time for Rising Storm skill has been reduced and the cool down will not be reset if it is used while on cool down.

Maehwa

The amount of HP and WP gained via leveling has been increased.

The pre-action speed of Blooming has been increased.

Fixed the attack range of Blooming:Phantom skill, so that both Musa & Maewha will have same attack range.

Animation speed of other skills has been increased after using Retaliation.

The pre-action animation for Dragon Bite has been removed.

While Dragon Bite is on cool down Maehwa will take less damage and the cool down time to re-use Dragon Bite has been reduced.

Backstep Slash can no longer be used while on cool down.

The attack range and damage for Backstep Slash has been increased.

The effect of using Chase has been changed.

If used when not on cool down the player is invincible.

If used when on cool down the player gains Super Armor.

WP for Chase 2 has been reduced from 17 to 15.

WP and endurance has been decreased when using Chase.

Chance to inflict Lift from Red Moon has been increased.

The pre-action speed for Decapitation has been increased.

The following items can be used while riding a mount.

Cheap Feed

Good Feed

Organic Feed

Nutritious Feed

Both Sharp and Hard Black Crystal Shards have been added to the game.

These items can be gained via gathering and farming in order to prepare for the No Enchantment Loss when you fail from +16.

+16 enchanting system added with the Valencia update.

Force Enchantment possible up to +18.

The Limited Red Battlefield has been added.

Players cannot join once the battle has started.

Players must meet specific AP, DP and AP+DP requirements in order to participate.

Less than 150 AP

Less than 200 DP

AP+DP cannot exceed 300

Siege Channels have been prepared for upcoming update in July and will take place in Channel 1 of the respective area you'll fight for (e.g. Siege for Calpheon > Calephon Channel 1 etc)

Added a new feature to allow workers to manage Fence Gardens.

EXP and junk items drop rate for all monsters has been increased and their HP has been decreased.

New group reward which gives Seals of the Hunter for clearing Field Bosses and World Raid Bosses has been added.

Alert has been added for monsters that are around players.

This feature can be disabled in the game option.

If there are monsters that are stronger than players within the range of 35m,(Lv difference 5 and above), alert and message will be displayed in mini map.

When the player fights monsters which are stronger than they are a chat message and Black Spirit Notice will be displayed.

The chat message will be displayed only one time per minute.

Event notifications will no longer display until the tutorial has been completed.

System messages such as Marketplace Registration, Boss Spawns, and other players getting items will no longer be displayed until the tutorial has been completed.

Changed the condition for minimizing the game to your system tray.

Before: Click “Yes” to minimize to bar and click “Cancel” to minimize to tray.

After: Minimize effect will depend on a check box.

Improvements are being made to the server structure in preparation for Sieges and to address server stability.

Fixed the issue where Ranger did not blink her eyes while not in battle mode.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Woooow forced enchant up to 18 is huge and will be the defacto way of enchanting gear up to 18. And +18 is good enough to be competitive in pvp so that change will make things way better than in korea. We have to check if the enchant rate past 18 is the same because if it is then yeah anything above that is the domain of super spergs, but as it stands is pretty great.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

haha more importantly, the chef costume is in the cash shop, sorceress gets a loving oven mitt for a weapon

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

quote:

Fixed the issue where Ranger did not blink her eyes while not in battle mode.

No more creepy, dead-eyed stare rangers.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Hi posted:

Event: Road to Valencia

All monsters will drop Black Stones

Event: Road to Valencia II

EXP +30% (only applies to Combat, Gathering, Processing, Cooking, Fishing, Trading, Training, Alchemy)

This is good. Does it mean black stones will have a 100% drop rate or what?

quote:

Sorcerer

Noooooooooo

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hi posted:

haha more importantly, the chef costume is in the cash shop, sorceress gets a loving oven mitt for a weapon

They also got nerfed. :(

But yeah, most interesting parts:

- new cooking outfits
- +30% exp until valencia comes out (june 1st)
- all mobs drop black shard things (until june 1st) which are used to not lose enhancements when upgrading to +16 or something
- +16 and up and valencia are coming june 1st, but you can force enhance up to +18 apparently, god knows how much that will cost
- "EXP and junk items drop rate for all monsters has been increased and their HP has been decreased."
- "New group reward which gives Seals of the Hunter for clearing Field Bosses and World Raid Bosses has been added." (???)
- "Added a new feature to allow workers to manage Fence Gardens."

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

If past +18 remains the same that means RIP weapon if you fail an upgrade. Also I'm curious if they changed the #'s or just made it so you can force.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Hi posted:

Sorcerer

loving bullshit. That's a massive, MASSIVE nerf. Especially for a class that depends entirely on burst to be effective, goddamn. The least they could have done is increase the duration to compensate, or leave the amount the same and drop the duration to 10 seconds.

J posted:

Anyone got a ballpark figure on how much this is gonna cost me to get it to +15?

I ended up spending around ~45m worth of stuff getting mine to +15, and the final level consumed a failstack of 30.

I'd use the normal inexpensive failstack-building method, then try up to the max enchant chance number shown on the chart, then force if it goes more than a few past that point since you'll need the stacks for the next enhancement level or jewelry anyway.

I think I ended up spending about 250 memory shards in total, may want to get working on those scrolls. Also, recover using only 1 fragment, then "repair in inventory" for a chance at a free +1 durability point each time. I ended up saving about 10 fragments that way.

On the plus side, once it hits 13 you can sell your current weapon for some more dosh since it's on par with a Yuria 15 at that point.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You'll take that nerf and like it and hopefully the musa/maehwas updates keep their crying at bay or you'll be eating a iframe nerf too.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah it's not like a 10 AP loss is going to ruin Sorc burst. Improving mana regen by 50% is a nice quality of life peace offering to make up for the nerf too.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Forcing doesnt consume the current fail stacks?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Clocks posted:

- "EXP and junk items drop rate for all monsters has been increased and their HP has been decreased."

In before reddit "trash drops are pushing rare drops off the drop list!!" nonsense.

Clocks posted:

- "Added a new feature to allow workers to manage Fence Gardens."

:holy:

rip tea prices though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love Berserker.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man why'd they decrease HP of monsters. Weren't they already 2 ez?

J
Jun 10, 2001

sushibandit posted:

Also, recover using only 1 fragment, then "repair in inventory" for a chance at a free +1 durability point each time. I ended up saving about 10 fragments that way.

Now that is a tip I would have never thought to do, drat. Thanks.

Also I'm reading in chat right now people are saying some poo poo is screwed up. Just heard that the exp bonus for life skills is bugged, people are saying everything except cooking is actually -30% exp right now.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I need more info on this "all monsters drop black stones" thing ASAP

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I need more info on this "all monsters drop black stones" thing ASAP

:same:

Are we going to be mass farming Grass Beetles?

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

sushibandit posted:

loving bullshit. That's a massive, MASSIVE nerf. Especially for a class that depends entirely on burst to be effective, goddamn. The least they could have done is increase the duration to compensate, or leave the amount the same and drop the duration to 10 seconds.

I play sorc and I think it's needed. I also dont think it's enough of a nerf. With this nerf I can ~only~ hit ~190 AP which I feel like every other class really can't touch right now. And I'm not even incredibly geared at this point or anything.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

The 'limited' red battlefield is a complete joke. Oh, you can only have 150AP. And nobody gets decent amounts of DP. Sorcs/wizzards go mad.

And I think they've just added black stones to all the loot tables, which I'd imagine still won't give you anything if the mob is grey. Didn't really notice a difference personally.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maehwa trip report after patch. The class feels a whole lot better with the dragon bite change. Dragon bite doesn't have you step back and instead immediately lunges forward, since just about everything can combo into a dragon bite this makes the class never stop moving forward when attacking. Its a relentless stream of blows. Now they lowered the mobs HP and I havent tried my other classes yet, but right now I'm killings way faster than I used to. I'm attributing that to the changes in dragon bite and the cut down animations from blooming/behead.

Seriously Ive used less than half the pots I usually take when doing a helms run. Got like 20% exp at 52 during the session and still had 50+ pots, had to go back to unload the 1.2k of their trash items.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

RockyB posted:

The 'limited' red battlefield is a complete joke. Oh, you can only have 150AP. And nobody gets decent amounts of DP. Sorcs/wizzards go mad.

And I think they've just added black stones to all the loot tables, which I'd imagine still won't give you anything if the mob is grey. Didn't really notice a difference personally.

There's been an update to the patch notes post that says that the Road to Valencia event is bugged and they're looking at ways to fix it.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

atholbrose posted:

There's been an update to the patch notes post that says that the Road to Valencia event is bugged and they're looking at ways to fix it.

I really hope they make Black Stones rain from the sky as an apology for adding +16-18

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i dig this pirate update

yarr!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Placebo posted:

I play sorc and I think it's needed. I also dont think it's enough of a nerf. With this nerf I can ~only~ hit ~190 AP which I feel like every other class really can't touch right now. And I'm not even incredibly geared at this point or anything.

I'm not particularly well geared either, and I'm only hitting 176ap with full food and clan and potion AND black shard buffs up. However, all of my gear upgrades at this point are difficult/expensive to come by. Well, I mean I "was" hitting 176ap.

We're made of paper, we're supposed to hit stupidly hard.