Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I did notice getting way more skill points per level than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What does the red crossed swords icon with a number by it mean?

Oh it's the number you get in PvP.

Edit: holy poo poo this first mission of the dlc area is HUGE I felt bad finishing it when I did because I think I missed a lot of little side bits.

Snak fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 15, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Snak posted:

Yeah, I have like 80 magic, so if they upped how much you get per point you put in and then retroactively gave me all of it, that would explain it.

I had just over 70k glory already, so the first thing I did was become Tome. It's awesome.

Some stats, like Skill and Spirit, will occasionally give you extra onmyo points in addition to samurai points.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
At level 305 I have all weapon skills unlocked with a lot of spares left over. Similar case with magic, but I've only got 60 points in that, and dex (that I've maxed...). Also this morning's twilight missions let me nail Destroyer of Demons. :dance:

Also I think I'm just going to stick with buffs and things for my build, rather than trying to blend offensive ninjitsu with offensive magic. While it makes me feel sorry for some bosses, it's an incredibly long set-up time when you're actually fighting. Easier to smack them with weaken armour and just go to town the old fashioned way.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just got this game and I know nothing about it.

I've beaten the first mission and gotten all the kodama and finished the first sub mission.

I made it up to the boss, a harpy lady, in lvl 2 and I want to know if there's anything important I'm missing? I plan on getting all the kodama in every level, are there other missable things I should know about? I've been offering all my extra gear at the shrines.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 15, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bust Rodd posted:

I just got this game and I know nothing about it.

I've beaten the first mission and gotten all the kodama and finished the first sub mission.

I made it up to the boss, a harpy lady, in lvl 2 and I want to know if there's anything important I'm missing? I plan on getting all the kodama in every level, are there other missable things I should know about?

You can replay any level. No items you can miss

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, you can replay any mission, so nothing is missable.

The biggest thing to be aware of is that twilight missions rotate daily, so if you want to 100% those asap, you always want to do whichever ones are available if you haven't beat them before. They unlock as you progress through the game, so you won't have much choice until later.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Finally cleared the first Dragon boss after beating most of Strong. I dont know how you can do him without Sloth talismans.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You run. Very fast.

I'm beginning to learn his melee combat tells, but he's still an absolute bastard when he begins thrashing around, and his living weapon is bouncing all over the place and oh god he can jump and :byodood:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
His weak point is the centipede head he's kinda using as an arm. Stay in front of him at all time, poke his dumb head arm, and back up when he starts doing anything scary. He's actually super easy if you don't try and get behind him like most bosses.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Honestly, him, Mitsunari and Otani always gently caress me up when I go for them in melee. Mitsunari especially - he's so aggressive I start to panic and can't keep up, or defend myself properly.

It's a bit of a shame because Restless Spirits is an amazing money source on WOTD, but Misu and Otani together is kind of horrifying. The way they zip around and coat the place in projectiles shuts my brain down.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Belzac posted:

His weak point is the centipede head he's kinda using as an arm. Stay in front of him at all time, poke his dumb head arm, and back up when he starts doing anything scary. He's actually super easy if you don't try and get behind him like most bosses.

Ah, that makes more sense. I was going right and kept getting clocked by that ultra fast swipe.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haha, got pulled into a Way of the Samurai mission when using the Torii gate. Killed the twilight White Tiger in a single storm shuriken toss, and this popped up a minute later:

:haw:

I need to start building up several gear sets now. Thinking of trying some actual, "proper" time in PVP to try and hammer out those titles but...ugh. Guess I'm just eager to keep developing my character.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
did we ever come up with a matchmaking passcode, I didn't see anything in the OP but I also probably missed it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Belzac posted:

This is somewhat foreshadowed by the odachi having a skill that buffs ki damage when attacking from the front. He's a really cool boss, I look forward to actually fighting him on Way of the Strong, since I just clowned him on Way of the Samurai.

poptart_fairy posted:

Haha, got pulled into a Way of the Samurai mission when using the Torii gate. Killed the twilight White Tiger in a single storm shuriken toss, and this popped up a minute later:

:haw:

I need to start building up several gear sets now. Thinking of trying some actual, "proper" time in PVP to try and hammer out those titles but...ugh. Guess I'm just eager to keep developing my character.
Yeah, it's hilarious when that happens, but I wish there were a way to select difficulty when just wanting random coop. I feel like it's probably really anticlimactic and disappointing when someone is going through the game the first time and a boss gets killed in one hit before they even get to see it fight.

Carebearz posted:

did we ever come up with a matchmaking passcode, I didn't see anything in the OP but I also probably missed it.
I have always used D3RP...

Odachi is really fun, hoping to get to play some more tonight.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Can you only get Odachi in the DLC?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Nope.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

I question this. When Dragon of the North was released, I accidently didn't install the DLC and played the game for a couple of hours. I was not able to get the Odachi - the tab did not appear in the skill menu, the option to buy one at the Tea House was not available, and they never dropped from an enemy.

If you don't own the DLC and got the Odachi, can you please tell us all where you found it and if the tab is present on your skill menu?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I do own the DLC though, and I don't see a tab...

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
If you have the season pass you still have to claim the individual dlc.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah, if you own the Season Pass you still have to go to the store and "buy" the Dragon of the North. When you see the preview it will have a price but when you actually go to the store page it will be a Download link.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
That tripped me up as well, that and if you go to the store and search 'Nioh' only the base game comes up. You have to go to Add-Ons THEN search 'Nioh', then you can activate the DLC you already own. What the hell Sony...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

DatonKallandor posted:

If you have the season pass you still have to claim the individual dlc.

I thought I did. Guess I'll go try again :)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is the first boss weak against anything?

I really hate that I can't look up enemy weaknesses while I'm in a mission. I literally never remember until I get killed by something that that's a thing I can do.

He is kicking my rear end in the twilight mission, and I can't get an element on him besides water...

Edit: I looked it up he's weak as poo poo wind

Snak fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 16, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Snak posted:

I really hate that I can't look up enemy weaknesses while I'm in a mission.

But you can? The yokai illustration thing is in the menu.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Magus42 posted:

When you're in a mission, you can only access the tutorial and text amrita memories. To acces yokai illustrations, you have to be at the mission select.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Magus42 posted:

Pretty sure you can't access Yokai info during missions. Probably due to loading issues

Edit: what he said. Though its probably used to cut down loading times

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Hm, weird, I could've sworn I'd done that...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Hm, definitely wrong, no access to the yokai stuff in-game.

Also, I remember what happened now; I hit square on the title screen to "buy" the DLC, and it only showed me Nioh and the Digital Deluxe bundle, with no way to get to the DLC, so I moved on. Went in through PSN this time and it worked.

Crafted a purple Odachi on my first try to screw around with and these are fun.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Motherfucker, just lost 140 million Amrita to a goddamn umbrella, lol.

I hate those things. Lost him in the confusion and he shot me through another Yokai.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Heh, I just ended the battle of ohashi bridge by shoving him off the edge :D

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so is pvp like

good

it seems not good but i havent played it yet

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's basically throwing players into an arena with zero alterations to their power, builds, or equipment. Do the math.

Well, I lie a bit - a couple items have reduced uses in PVP but that's about it. :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thumbtacks posted:

so is pvp like

good

it seems not good but i havent played it yet

Its poo poo.

Its worse than the days of flippy, lightning zwei havels, its a novelty, nothing more.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
New patch dropping.

quote:

◆仕合や勢力戦における不正行為に対して、対策を実施

◆特殊効果「○○(特定の敵種)に与えるダメージ」の抽選確率を低下

◆称号の恩恵獲得演出をスキップ可能に

◆闘者称号「未曽有の命知らず」について、小物を装備していても獲得できるように修正

◆闘者称号の一部の獲得条件に補足説明を追記

◆東北篇ミッション「独眼竜の城」の「河童」の配置座標を調整

I, uh

quote:

◆ Implement countermeasures against fraudulent acts in conflicts and power warfare

◆ Reduced the lottery probability of special effect "Damage given to ○○ (specific enemy type)"

◆ Benefit of title can be skipped

◆ Fixed so that the title of the militant 'Unbelievable Destiny' can be acquired even if equipped with accessories

◆ Supplementary explanation added to acquisition condition of part of the title of the fighter

◆ Adjust coordination coordinates of "Kappa" in the Tohoku Hen mission "Castle of a monster dragon"

:iiam:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Its poo poo.

Its worse than the days of flippy, lightning zwei havels, its a novelty, nothing more.

that's pretty much what i expected

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I question this. When Dragon of the North was released, I accidently didn't install the DLC and played the game for a couple of hours. I was not able to get the Odachi - the tab did not appear in the skill menu, the option to buy one at the Tea House was not available, and they never dropped from an enemy.

If you don't own the DLC and got the Odachi, can you please tell us all where you found it and if the tab is present on your skill menu?

Yeah you can only get it if you have DLC, sorry I read that wrong. You can however do any mission and odachis will drop.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Odachi is really fun, this is exactly the kind of weapon I wanted from this game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Goddammit, me and a co-op buddy were completely incapable of beating the Gasha-dokuro campaign level. He bugged out and constantly used his chaos dunk as we were on the battlefield, even when the game was telling us he's distracted. Slam one down, instantly wind up for another, slam that down, repeat, etc. It was infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

poptart_fairy posted:

Implement countermeasures against fraudulent acts in conflicts and power warfare 

Hell yeah.