Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MarcusSA posted:

all the movies that show humanity pulling together in times of crisis are such bullshit lmao.

we are a bunch of selfish assholes.

my favorite was the story about the WoW Blood Plague where people purposely ran into towns and spread it to everyone and some epidemiologists went "hmm this could be useful case study, but nah nobody will ever purposely walk around infecting others and kiilling people. humans work together in our collective best interest!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

the best is the several dozen novel virus outbreaks that happen in star trek and are all solved within a few hours.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
if you're wondering how Iowans feel about their herd immunity speed run

https://twitter.com/IAStartingLine/status/1305948310084218882?s=19

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
If Independence Day aliens happened right now we'd first go "nah its just a hoax" followed by "naw its just a russian hoax", even as they're dropping big laser beam load on americans heads they would say fake news. and we most definitely would not come together to fight them when their shields are down

'whats this, a message from china saying they got someone to upload a Mac OS virus to the mothership and all the shields are down and now is the time to attack before it's too late? loving COMMUNIST CH*NKS they just want to take my FREEDOM"

all those turbo lib movies from the 90s - 00s of everyone of all religions, skin color, gender, and age diversity coming together collectively to Save People / Stop Da Big Bag is just quaint and antiquated these days.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

it's p great to watch now lmao

outbreak is also great, they start by bombing the virus which is definitely a trump move and they have a dramatic freakout midway through when OH MY GOD IT'S AIRBORNE

also Kevin Spacey dies painfully. not as cathartic as the 2nd act of Live Die Repeat, but not bad

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fosborb posted:

mississippi's statistics are like 2.5x as bad as Iowa's but the governor has better approval for his handling of it somehow lol

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Xaris posted:

If Independence Day aliens happened right now we'd first go "nah its just a hoax" followed by "naw its just a russian hoax", even as they're dropping big laser beam load on americans heads they would say fake news. and we most definitely would not come together to fight them when their shields are down

'whats this, a message from china saying they got someone to upload a Mac OS virus to the mothership and all the shields are down and now is the time to attack before it's too late? loving COMMUNIST CH*NKS they just want to take my FREEDOM"

all those turbo lib movies from the 90s - 00s of everyone of all religions, skin color, gender, and age diversity coming together collectively to Save People / Stop Da Big Bag is just quaint and antiquated these days.

They attacked cities! These aliens are clearly upset at failed democratic rule.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Jon Irenicus posted:

i would go absolutely hog wild at a sushi place

There was a nice AYCE sushi place I used to visit, in the Before Times, where I would attempt to eat my weight in sashimi... I miss that. :sigh:

I knew it would end someday, but I always thought that climate change would be the reason.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Acelerion posted:

They attacked cities! These aliens are clearly upset at failed democratic rule.

lmao i forgot about that. half the country would be hootin n hollering upon hearing how LA and NYC was wiped out over how those gay diseased ANAL CUM filled LIBTARDS urban ferals had it coming and cheering on aliens as being a sign of TRUMPGOD meant to purge the libs, before they then get annihilated too

which is exactly what happened when the outbreak happened in NYC/Seattle

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

mississippi's statistics are like 2.5x as bad as Iowa's but the governor has better approval for his handling of it somehow lol

mississippi's got some lowered expectations, as they should.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:nice:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd like to re-emphasize a point I've been bringing up regularly throughout this thread: these people do it because they get off on bullying people, because most people shy away or wilt under pressure or are otherwise socially polite instead of blowing back up at them. It is literally ape social dominance tactics. If even a small amount of people begin to push back loudly and aggressively instead of yielding/disengaging the amount of public bullies will go way, way down.

Some of them aren't bullies so much as people who are just absolutely freaked the gently caress out at being restricted in any way at all. The woman in that video is bullying the store employees, but she also seems like she's on the edge of an anxiety attack. The only person I've ever encountered doing this in real life just kept screaming "It's over! COVID IS OVER!" over and over again like some kind of magical incantation that would make everyone pull their masks down and force things to go back to normal.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i think the woman in the video was very clearly being a bully though

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Gio posted:

i think the woman in the video was very clearly being a bully though

she was but there's a reason these people resort to public bullying over something as stupid and petty as wearing a mask

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

even better

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Someone's gotta be the control. Good of iowa to constantly volunteer to take one for the team

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

she was but there's a reason these people resort to public bullying over something as stupid and petty as wearing a mask
i think its part what you said and part frustration at losing their dumb as poo poo culture war

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Spergin Morlock posted:

john wayne wasn't a cowboy he was a prissy actor

more like pissy actor

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
what the gently caress happened to my avatar

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Stereotype posted:

what the gently caress happened to my avatar

you committed the cardinal sin of requiring people to scroll half the lenght of a tweet rip

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

a zombie movie where there's zombies everywhere, eating people in the streets but the protagonists are dead set on going to applebee's anyway

Turns out we were the real zombies all along.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anybody remember the USPS lol.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

In Training posted:

yeah we beat that, too

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

i feel like reynolds has been really vocal and out in front of this with her shittiness

the bar is so low that as long as you're not announcing that you plan on giving everyone COVID you'll probably poll with a solid 30% floor

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

In Training posted:

yeah that was a problem but luckily biden and pelosi tweeted about it so the problem has been handled

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

In Training posted:

dejoy said he stopped chopping down the house, what more do you want

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

snake and bake posted:

There was a nice AYCE sushi place I used to visit, in the Before Times, where I would attempt to eat my weight in sashimi... I miss that. :sigh:

I knew it would end someday, but I always thought that climate change would be the reason.

lmfao no

overfishing was gonna end that way before climate change could

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there have been some very highly-voted posts on reddit linking to articles about dejoy being bad and corrupt in the last couple of weeks, so you know is being handled. awareness is being raised.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

there have been some very highly-voted posts on reddit linking to articles about dejoy being bad and corrupt in the last couple of weeks, so you know is being handled. awareness is being raised.

any time now we will begin to see some strongly worded change.org petitions.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

fosborb posted:

In a more self respecting country, they'd have burnt the governor's mansion to the ground by now.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

:coronatoot::theroni::coronatoot:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dolash posted:

What's the over-under for hitting 300k?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mods plz give me this and remove the pixel warriors tag that I never asked for. Just because I like a phone doesn't mean I wanna be a walking advertisement. It is very unbecoming as I emerge from total libdom.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

is that like findom

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

just lol if you don't chronically overshare absolutely everything to anyone willing to listen to your woes for even a single moment

Hello thread. Both my parents died within the last 12 months. A pipe broke in my house while I was away on a 3 day trip. My cat was run over yesterday. My partner is poc and we have no way of leaving our lovely racist southern state. I spend too much time in cspam and get mad at some stupid posts when thats definitely throwing rocks in a glass house.

Whew ok. A decent substitute for real human interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Australia is now officially below 1,000 active virus cases and 50 cases per day after over the last two weeks.

How's America doin lol

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

is that like findom

Pretty much.