Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Hey now, I'd love a Ford Mondeo Wagon in the US. I'd sell my Mustang for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Vahakyla posted:

I actually googled for 4-door mustang, hoping for some concept art. No luck. Has anyone else stumbled upon some?
Searching for "mustang station wagon" brings much better results.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You guys are acting like it's not 2015.

The only non-sports coupe mustang concept we could possibly get these days would be a mustang crossover which is just a mustang with a 2 inch lift and plastic fender flares.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

El Scotch posted:

Dear Ford, you're under-using your lovely V8's - please build a 4-door Mustang.

Thanks.

Gonna be out of luck soon come October next year :(

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/falcon/models/xr8

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Please remove the back seat, extend the hood, and put in a twin turbo v12.

Thanks.

E: The charger looks like garbage with 4 doors, Mustang doesn't need the same treatment.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
FYI

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I just want more V8's in the world.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Would

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

You Am I posted:

Gonna be out of luck soon come October next year :(

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/falcon/models/xr8

Australia gets all the cool cars.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Totally would.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wood.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Wooed.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I can store about 40 cases of Fanta Zero in my trunk as-is. With that, I could easily order an entire pallet at a time.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

:fap:

I'd go an finance one right now if they'd come up with it.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 18, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Nice dad car, pops.

Hit an Apex
Dec 2, 2004

Real Racing. Real Sport.
For those with 2015 Mustangs, how are they holding up? Interior rattle status?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
A four door mustang wouldn't work, they would have to change the shape of the roof too much. There'd be no head room for the rear passengers otherwise, just like now.

I've noticed the dashboard rattle under the headlight panel but it seems to come and go, and most of the time I can't tell the difference between it or my phone mount on the vent.

After much deliberating, I just got winter shoes installed, car looks good with black wheels. I was able to fit 1 tire in the trunk and 3 in the back seats with the passenger seat moved up, no problem.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
There's a tsb for the headlight panel. They just stick some foam tape under it but I guess it works.

My cars only a few months old but I don't really have anything I would call a rattle. Now that it's cold out I get some creaking and such till the interior warms up but nothing that sticks around.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Powershift posted:

Ford is no doubt lusting after a share of those ~2500 chevrolet SS yearly sales.

There's the Charger. I'm not sure it sells very well either, but I know it moves at least 20 times that.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
I just wish the doors weren't so drat long on 2+2 cars. My dad's extended cab truck has shorter doors than my new edge.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

thebigcow posted:

I just wish the doors weren't so drat long on 2+2 cars. My dad's extended cab truck has shorter doors than my new edge.
Gotta have access to the back.
In theory, anyway. Im a bigger dude, getting into the back seat on the S550 is still an exercise in contortion.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

ilkhan posted:

Gotta have access to the back.
In theory, anyway. Im a bigger dude, getting into the back seat on the S550 is still an exercise in contortion.

You don't want to sit in an S550, because anyone who bought a mercedes benz is evil. It's not the engineering; your body is rejecting the car.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

You don't want to sit in an S550, because anyone who bought a mercedes benz is evil. It's not the engineering; your body is rejecting the car.
Uhhh... S550 is the body code for 2015+ Mustangs...

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Woops, I thought he meant that thing with the ugly nose and huge logo in the grill.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

The S-Class is, in fact, a very cool and good car. Completely different from the Mustang, but a worthy automobile nonetheless (of course it's completely overpriced, like every luxury car).

Also:

ilkhan posted:

Uhhh... S550 is the body code for 2015+ Mustangs...

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
This kind of reasoned and measured response flies in the face of my attempt to be a crazy mustang owner. Which I'm apparently bad at, because I don't know the body codes for the shiny new ones.

I'm going to go sit in my back seat for 20 minutes as punishment.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I'm going to go sit in my back seat for 20 minutes as punishment.
Not like you killed somebody. 10 minutes ought to be enough.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
man, over the last two days this thread got really weird. Did everyone put their Stangs away for winter or something and now there is nothing to talk about?
lol.

speaking of which, for people who put the cars away for the winter, what do you do to deal with flat spots on the tires?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I move mine half a foot every few weeks, it helps the parking brake stick less.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Jack it up 2" off the ground, problem solved.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
If I was getting flat spots I didn't notice them in spring.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Dont put your mustang away for the winter.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Hit an Apex posted:

For those with 2015 Mustangs, how are they holding up? Interior rattle status?

I've got a gt premium and I get a few random rattles. The primary rattle sounds like it's coming the passenger door... or somewhere in that area. I notice it the most on acceleration. Haven't found the source yet.

I've stopped caring though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Edmunds mixed up the front and rear tires on their longterm '15 GT:
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2015/long-term-road-test/2015-ford-mustang-gt-source-of-mysterious-noise-identified.html

I sympathize -- I'd expect a car with staggered wheels to warrant staggered tires, making it visually obvious (and at least obvious by inspection of the tire code) which wheel went where.

On top of all that, no one noticed any odd handling. Granted, it wasn't tracked on this wrong setup, but still. Maybe that cm or so of different offset doesn't really show itself.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

kimbo305 posted:

Edmunds mixed up the front and rear tires on their longterm '15 GT:
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2015/long-term-road-test/2015-ford-mustang-gt-source-of-mysterious-noise-identified.html

I sympathize -- I'd expect a car with staggered wheels to warrant staggered tires, making it visually obvious (and at least obvious by inspection of the tire code) which wheel went where.

On top of all that, no one noticed any odd handling. Granted, it wasn't tracked on this wrong setup, but still. Maybe that cm or so of different offset doesn't really show itself.

It looks like they have the PP, I wonder if it's specific to those wheels/package? I'll have to check the stock 20" I have off my car currently to see what those say.

Edit - actually it looks like only the PP has a staggered setup.

ArthurDent fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 3, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

PP is staggered, I thought the 20s were staggered as well but I could be wrong. I know the GT350 is staggered.

My non-PP GT is square, and thats one of the reasons I skipped the PP.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
20s aren't staggered, they're 265 all the way around.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
No more prop rod :sax:

redline struts: very easy to install and good quality

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 5, 2015

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
You've got both of the underhood mods I want to do right now. Steeda strut tower brace and prop rod elimination. Thinking about getting the MMD hood struts though, they claim not to need a drill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
The only thing you need to drill for the redline struts is the battery cover and it's just a piece of plastic. Takes 5 seconds.

I actually just put the brace on too but I haven't driven the car enough to give real feedback on it. From what I can tell there's slightly more input from the front end and it doesn't feel as mushy on sharp turn in now.