Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The gently caress is a Zendaya

A spank bank filler for teenage boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

game of faaaaaaaaaart

tbh that trailer is probably the worst one they've done yet

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i didn't watch it, i think got is boring

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That's nice you're welcome to your opinion 😊

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The gently caress is this guy? Did they give robo-mountain a new armor?

/edit: Hang on, didn't we have a thread for GoT? Can't remember what to search for

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah we def need one once it drops but that was at least a year ago now

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, zombo-mountain got a new outfit to match the new queen.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The gently caress is this guy? Did they give robo-mountain a new armor?

/edit: Hang on, didn't we have a thread for GoT? Can't remember what to search for

The kingqueensguard change armor for each new monarch. They were stag armor under Joff & Tommen briefly before they got changed to a 7 pointed star after Tommen converted.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah we def need one once it drops but that was at least a year ago now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771020

Found it.

Also, that new queensguard armor looks kinda dumb. Not digging the helmet.

And the loving camera angles they use for the mountain. Jesus. The actor is an actual loving mountain, no need to comically exaggerate his dimensions by blatantly tilting the camera upwards or dutch-angling the gently caress out of his shots.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I hope the hound and mountain duel already (hoping the mountain dies) he hasn't really done poo poo yet tbh besides rip some dudes face off

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Take it to the GOT thread. I'm a few seasons behind.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Take it to the GOT thread. I'm a few seasons behind.

Here's an :effort:-thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821602

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Trailer didn't even mention winter. :ninja:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Godholio posted:

Trailer didn't even mention winter. :ninja:

I bet it's coming tho

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Penis penis dragon penis penis tits penis winter penis dwarf penis blonde penis penis penis penis

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Penis penis dragon penis penis tits penis winter penis dwarf penis blonde penis penis penis penis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSXs-qafa5s

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If a guy graduates do you bring a gift

Graduations are like in my top 3 list of painful events that I'd rather avoid at all costs.

I always thought getting someone a gently caress-off huge salami would be funny but not sure I know him that well

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Graduations are boring and showing up is the gift

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If a guy graduates do you bring a gift

Graduations are like in my top 3 list of painful events that I'd rather avoid at all costs.

I always thought getting someone a gently caress-off huge salami would be funny but not sure I know him that well

HS or college?
HS for sure give him a gift, if it's college maybe out feelers out to other guests and see if they are bringing anything. I know that 15 years ago it was kind of given that the only thing you were getting for college graduation was crippling debt, not so sure if that's true anymore.
Big fuckoff salami is a pretty good idea though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I honestly dread them more than weddings and equal social events. I'm just an old grumpy homebody these days. gently caress traffic and crowds imma chill

All the logistics, parking, speeches to sit through, just to watch someone walk across the stage, give them a hug, then be on your way

-edit ^ don't quote this part pls! It's obviously something I'm proud of, but a bit identifiable etc.
I'm actually a Big Brother and my little is graduating HS (not so little, obviously). Side note: I highly recommend you guys doing it if you're looking for volunteer work, ask me any questions.
We haven't been matched since he was like 12 or anything, but it's definitely a big deal for the relationship. He's up there with being an at-risk youth, at least a bit, so it's definitely a big deal all around with the family etc. I asked his mom, since I'd just go in on the gift, but she's just giving him money. Money is always safe, but a bit too tacky in this situation imo. Salami would be hilarious, but I don't know his family too well. That's more reserved for a close friend or family member I think. All I ever see is women carrying tons of bouquets

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 26, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Katz's deli in NY used to have a "send a salami to your boy in the army" sale, which started when all three of the owners sons were serving during WW2.

So anyway get a huge salami

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I don't care how contrived the plots to any future John Wick movies are, just make more of them. Keanu Reeves can film some incredible action sequences.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

isn't 3 already confirmed

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yup. Will watch that at the movies like 2, poo poo was legit

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

not caring here posted:

Yup. Will watch that at the movies like 2, poo poo was legit

Watching 2 now. It's a lot of fun.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

idk why making a good mindless action flick is so hard

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Smiling Jack posted:

Katz's deli in NY used to have a "send a salami to your boy in the army" sale, which started when all three of the owners sons were serving during WW2.

So anyway get a huge salami

if the person wouldnt appreciate a huge salami, they arent worth getting a gift for anyways

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Shoot Em Up is still my GOAT mindless action flick.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I remember reading that before Keanu Reeves in the matrix, fight scenes were filmed in like 2 or 3 move takes, then they set up and film another 2 or 3.

Keanu is like gently caress that noise we're going Jackie Chan up in this bitch and went to like 27 moves in a single take.

Basically hosed every action star after that and good on him.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea Reeves' investment into training pays off on screen. Making something like John Wick doesn't work if the actor has to be shot around or have their takes edited to mere frames.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Bend Oregon is both cool and good that's my thought for the day God bless

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TBeats posted:

Scott Pilgrim
Pacific Rim
Kick-rear end
Maybe Ip man 1 and 2
Speed Racer

Yeah I'm 12 so what 🤷🏽‍♀️

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Scott Pilgrim
Pacific Rim
Kick-rear end
Maybe Ip man 1 and 2
Speed Racer

Yeah I'm 12 so what 🤷🏽‍♀️

TBeats posted:

Look at these chuckle fucks pretending John Wick doesn't exist.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I figured that was obliged given the context

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ManMythLegend posted:

Look at these chuckle fucks pretending John Wick doesn't exist.

John Wick doesn't have a scene where he is plowing some Asian chick and getting her off while at the exact same time shooting like 17 people. Oh and he stabs people in the face with carrots.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Pacific Rim was loving awesome, gently caress the haters. It was popcorn flick heaven and Gipsy Danger is bae

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Pacific Rim was the culmination of every piece of media I consumed prior to finishing high school. The best part was that I saw it in theaters and had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what the movie was going to be about. Hadn't seen a trailer, read a plot summary, anything other than vaguely knowing it was about giant robots.

Let me tell you, going in blind was an experience.

:gizz:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Upgrading my home audio, made a post in the thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3384469&perpage=40&pagenumber=145#post472738550

tl:dr aside from the possibility of falling of a truck, why shouldn't I look into these

Man home audio is confusing. Really need to figure out the feng shui for my limited space as well :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you're in a limited space you probably only need to spend half that for a decent home theater system.

• Locked thread