Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

They started running out of books

yeah but the kingsguard thing didn't happen in the books and still felt very consistent with how the faceless man were established to operate (identify your target's weakness then exploit it) but suddenly they decide stealth is for pussies let's add more cartwheels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
anywho what are the odds of a Sean Bean or Jason Momoa cameo this season for shameless nostalgia milking?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

ROFLburger posted:

bring back Ian McShane imo

Pretty much everything can be improved with more Ian McShane.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

anywho what are the odds of a Sean Bean or Jason Momoa cameo this season for shameless nostalgia milking?

Absolutely with Jon Snow parentage poo poo

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i hope tormund fucks a giant this season

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf6Hrg5wDNU

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

lezard_valeth posted:

yeah but the kingsguard thing didn't happen in the books and still felt very consistent with how the faceless man were established to operate (identify your target's weakness then exploit it) but suddenly they decide stealth is for pussies let's add more cartwheels

Dave Hill came up with it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Looking forward to the episode where arya and some enemy spend half an episode screaming at each other and charging up.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Necros posted:

i hope tormund fucks a giant this season

The real GoT super-soldier origin story.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
At this point I'm hoping season 8 turns out to be the TV equivalent of KH3, that is, fanfic to the max

Brienne and Tormund end up together!
Syrio Forel was J'aqen Hagaar!
Jaime and Bronn bro it out as mercenaries!
Tyrion is the secret Targaryen!
Bran can walk again!
Arya becomes Captain of the Queensguard!
The death of the Night King causes Planetos rotation to change and Khal Drogo comes back to life, punches Kit Harington in the face and then rides off with Dany on Drogon to go rape and pillage more villages!

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

lezard_valeth posted:

didn't Arya use poison coins or something for 1 of her first hits? Like that was some creative poo poo. But when your writers can't be assed to come up with anything more sophisticated then zombie dragons in flaming swords, well...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

At this point I'm hoping season 8 turns out to be the TV equivalent of KH3, that is, fanfic to the max

Brienne and Tormund end up together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRZcdcP6b0

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nerds discover soap operas

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

its a bad show and hbo gotta stop doing things at season 3 from now on

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Glenn Quebec posted:

From that to this:

https://youtu.be/J6l9oS16S1I

There are so many things wrong with this lovely action sequence. It starts when the waif is chasing Arya and lineback shoves some dude like Arnold does to people in the Terminator.

This poo poo bag show denies the logic that it setup for itself. If syrio forel was in season 7 instead of 1 he would have killed meryn trant with a stick.

GoT is about actions having consequences. Or at least it used to be.

Violence in the early seasons was brutal, and characters were often permanently effected by their injuries.

Arya recovering this quickly and then having this strange chase sequence replete with wild acrobatics (don't forget the stabbings!) completely undermines the danger I felt earlier about violent events with characters. In the ongoing seasons it's only got more like the LotR movies.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Skeleton King posted:

it's only got more like the LotR movies.

actually that's way too charitable. at least the violence in LotR was visually fantastic. this batman canal stabby poo poo makes me loving embarrassed.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

its a bad show and hbo gotta stop doing things at season 3 from now on

just wait till you see the robot dragons in season 8 of westworld

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there isnt one single character with good writing left on this piece of poo poo and the acting is so so

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DoctorGonzo posted:

there isnt one single character with good writing left on this piece of poo poo and the acting is so so

They have to work with the material they are given. It's not really the actor's fault when the writing is so bad pussy.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The episode where arya trains on a world with 5 times planetos's gravity.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Blame GRRM. Even though the books open with Ice Zombies and has dragons I didn't realise how heavily stupid and magic driven the books were. Watched a few Youtube videos and apparently there's Giant Apes, Lizardmen and Dwarfs and Cthulhu is knocking around somewhere?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Drunken Baker posted:

Blame GRRM. Even though the books open with Ice Zombies and has dragons I didn't realise how heavily stupid and magic driven the books were. Watched a few Youtube videos and apparently there's Giant Apes, Lizardmen and Dwarfs and Cthulhu is knocking around somewhere?

Yeah, but those aren't really in any of the actual books outside of stories. Ice spiders being the exception. We were promised ice spiders and there better be ice spiders in the final season.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, but those aren't really in any of the actual books outside of stories. Ice spiders being the exception. We were promised ice spiders and there better be ice spiders in the final season.

This is the show that did not include Lady Stoneheart but DID include their modified Dorne plotline which was somehow worse than the books.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lmao I bet you YouTube news and stuff too you philistine

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lmao I bet you YouTube news and stuff too you philistine

Joke's on you, I don't even know what a "philistine" is!

*Puts headphones back on, cranks up Alex Jones podcast*

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Littlefinger's death was p good, I guess anything Bran says now is admissible evidence.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

This is the show that did not include Lady Stoneheart but DID include their modified Dorne plotline which was somehow worse than the books.

Have to credit the writers for not including Lady Stoneheart.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

not a bot posted:

poo poo like Dorne and Lady Stoneheart are gonna be the funniest things to watch GRRM try to reconcile and also shove into the closet. He's spent literally half a book on those two plotlines and it turns out that not only are they basically irrelevant to the main plot but he could have written them out entirely and nothing would be different.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Post Malone looks a lot like Maisie Williams imho, maybe he could play a shaman or a snowman whisperer or something cool, I'd see that

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

not a bot posted:

It’s not too late. I expect her to show up in S8.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Nerds discover soap operas

You of all people should know Star Trek is the original nerd soap opera

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Looking forward to when Sam creates a golem from Jorah's sloughed off stone skin and the golem defeats the ice guys and the dragons and becomes the prince who was promised and everyone is just like, yep that's good enough and they kayak away down a river of money.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
so uh Emilia Clarke had multiple brain aneurysms and almost died after filmed S1.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/emilia-clarke-a-battle-for-my-life-brain-aneurysm-surgery-game-of-thrones

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Glad she didn't die, but it's not like they could have replaced her with a worse actress.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Emilia seems like a funny lady and i dont think that she is a bad actress compared with anyone on the show, She is not Sarah loving Connor and that was on the casting dude

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

lezard_valeth posted:

I watched a clip about possible leaks in youtube and now my recommended feed decided to pop this scene and remind me how tacky the show had become

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aO_CsqfBAo

"nO, nOw iT eNDs" :byodood:

how many other terrible scenes was the 1 year gap able to purge from my brain?

:eyepop: Well might as well circle around him now that we got him surrounded

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

maker posted:

Yeah and just set the camera in a real lovely angle

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

maker posted:

That scene is so ridiculous, the only thing it's missing is the two sword dweeb flourishing the swords and stabbing someone behind him under his armpits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Like eight people died because no one thought to bring a crossbow