Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
It's really nice of the zombies to wait until the character is done giving their monologue before they attack.

RIP cgi budget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Shneak posted:

Surprisingly wasn't bad.

It was nice to see consequences and not just mindless machinegunning. The Kingdom followers getting annihilated by the gatling gun was gnarly.

On the one hand this, stuff happened, it focused on a few good characters without any bad ones, and a dude got graphically chopped in half with an axe :black101:

On the other hand it was lazily produced, really just one more day of stuntwork or a few hundred dollars more in special effects could have fixed this episode.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

They're not even pretending guns have recoil anymore, it's awful to behold on a level that's starting to approach funny. So at least there's that.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Carol should have brought back the ol' hidden Uzi in the sleeve trick.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Remy Marathe posted:

They're not even pretending guns have recoil anymore, it's awful to behold on a level that's starting to approach funny. So at least there's that.

They're not even cycling. Decent airsoft guns have moving parts and loving Freddie Wong has youtube tutorials on how to add muzzle flashes and ejecting brass from prop guns.

What the hell?

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

bobjr posted:

Carol should have brought back the ol' hidden Uzi in the sleeve trick.
She spent all her special move points on mowing down 6 men blindly from above a ceiling tile with no view.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Edit: The King found the only two guns on the planet with no ammo.

I knew something like this would happen.

Weren't the first 4 episodes supposed to be the good ones according to the writer or director? Makes you wonder how bad the rest of the season is going to be... buckle up kids.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Ezekial captured by a serial killer from the 80's.

Haha wish he'd kill him though, sick of his speeches.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Can't wait for super zombie tiger next episode.

Getting hard to hate watch

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ok that car chase at the end was worse than ANYTHING in FWD. I know the gun fights have always been pretty bad especially this season but it's beyond comical now.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I’m trying to catch up so I’m only on episode 2 right now but holy poo poo Jesus can just gently caress right off and die.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Every episode I get more confused about what is happening and who is on what side and why they didn't just pop Negan in the head when they had the chance. And now we don't even get awesome Tiger anymore? :mad:

Also what happened to Negan, is he still locked in a trailer or whatever?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Last we saw Negan he was in a toilet with priest dude. Presumably that was at “Sanctuary” and that’s why they needed/wanted to bring those machine guns back in. They needed them to clear out all the zombies.

Anyway I misspoke, I was on episode 3 and just finished 4 so I’m caught up.

I still think Jesus needs to die. Also what the hell kind of tiger gets killed by what are essentially humans without weapons. I mean I don’t really know much about tigers but it seems really unrealistic that it would have died like that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Last we saw Negan he was in a toilet with priest dude. Presumably that was at “Sanctuary” and that’s why they needed/wanted to bring those machine guns back in. They needed them to clear out all the zombies.

Which is funny, because machine guns are poo poo for wiping out the dead, as evidenced by the number of the Kingdom people who stood up after being gunned down by said machine guns. Meanwhile, a couple of trucks could move the herd away from the sanctuary. Or they could go knife circle like alexandria and clean it up in an afternoon.

Also, holy gently caress, I cannot deal with the bullet CGI in this show. I never, ever complain about bad CGI, but they keep focusing on cars getting shot with sparks flying off them, but without any visible damage afterwards. Doesn't this show have a budget of approximately eight billion dollars?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Is that really what they want the 50 cals for, to kill the zombies?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Well they killed the only likable character on the show. :/

CODChimera posted:

It fits with the prevailing logic of the show. I mean the pinnacle of post-apocalyptic tactics is to band together in groups awkwardly firing at your enemies.

unlawfulsoup fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 13, 2017

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

CODChimera posted:

I was just guessing based on what the characters were saying. One of Megan’s goons said something like “we need to bring these guns back to the Sanctuary asap cause poo poo is going down.”

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
People complaining about gun effects.. this episode the Tiger looked like a PS3 CGI cutscene with everyone awkwardly holding still around it.. then it obviously being rendered in a pack of zombies it could have EASILY just jumped through killed it because the CGI budget was too much for a show that can't animate muzzle flashes. Seriously if a tiger was surrounded by healthy badass living humans it could tear out/through them like paper. Tiger suicide.

Who was this guy? He stole the loving show, it's like he's a time traveling 80s slasher villain.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CODChimera posted:

Ok that car chase at the end was worse than ANYTHING in FWD. I know the gun fights have always been pretty bad especially this season but it's beyond comical now.

I don't know the season 2 finale where an entire town of people fled a highly fortified gauntlet with a zombie moat to run straight to their deaths to avoid 6 guys with rifles who were stupid enough to walk through zombie moat so..

Also I could post the Chris crashing his car gif, but that was hilarious so it's forgiven.

That said, holy gently caress it was really really really bad. A .50 vs Rick & Daryl on a bike and jeep should have been like 5 seconds of gunfire and two exploding vehicles

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That was the worst scene in either zombie show and one of the worst scenes ever. Everything about it is just so...weird. It doesn't even look right as just a car chase before you get into the other aspects of it. It's straight up Looney Tunes.

The only sad part is so few people are live posting we only got a couple of reactions but they're pretty on point.

Also the car chase shocked me so much I didn't take in how silly the tigers death was.

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Nov 13, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That was loving amazing. It was so bad. Oh my god.

The gunfight as they're loading the 50cals had the most obvious awful CGI I've ever seen from TWD. No ejecting brass. No recoil. Nothing. They were just pointing the weapons at each other.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know why I didn't stop watching after the Glenn dumpster "fakeout". It was so goddamn obvious that he wasn't going to die and I knew it and yet I keep watching. I think I just have a compulsory need to finish things and should probably work on that.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The show isn't even trying to be entertainingly bad anymore, that episode was godawful.

Boring monologues from a character whose backstory we've already found out, but they've gotta re-hash it out again

Carol having how many spots to get the drop on these guys but instead she runs out of cover to get pinned down? She didn't shoot the tires?

That dude driving the truck is prolly alive so we're gonna have a lame interrogation scene next ep. And that crash and Rick just popping up was FTWD's Chris driving levels of stupid

Jerry's line of "thanks for bein such a cool dude" was literally the only good line, gently caress let's just have a spin-off of him axing zombies, Saviours, trees, the air, hell I'd watch him do a cooking show with his axe instead of this drivel

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I realized I was only a season behind so I dipped into where I left off and the episode where Carol wakes up in the Kingdom is amazing. It's a shame that it sounds like this season goes down to poo poo again. :(

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The last episode feels like a fan re-cut on youtube.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I keep wondering if these actors and anyone relating to production of the show know that it's poo poo

Then I took a gander at the FB page and it's about 1/4 complaining about show quality, 1/4 complaining about people complaining, and 2/4 sucking the show's dick about how amazing it is

:psyduck:

How the gently caress are people so dense that they think it's an actual good show?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Johnny Truant posted:

I keep wondering if these actors and anyone relating to production of the show know that it's poo poo

Then I took a gander at the FB page and it's about 1/4 complaining about show quality, 1/4 complaining about people complaining, and 2/4 sucking the show's dick about how amazing it is

:psyduck:

How the gently caress are people so dense that they think it's an actual good show?

Kirkman and Gimple are comic nerds so they probably see massive complaints as a badge of honor.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
season 7 episode 4 why the gently caress doesn't Corl just shoot Negan :psyduck:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

precision posted:

season 7 episode 4 why the gently caress doesn't Corl just shoot Negan :psyduck:

Don't worry, they made that make sense in four black and white comic book panes but that's way too hard to fit into a TV show

Kind of amazing that they basically have story board drafts in a book and still gently caress it up

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

precision posted:

Get out now, get out while you still can!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Michonne, Carl, and Rosita have essentially not been in the show this season. Rosita was pregnant - so maybe that's why she took some time off. But the other two are main characters who are just gone, hanging out in Alexandria.

Is this how they are going to deal with her being in the Marvel movies now and him wanting to go to college? :rolleyes:

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I think it's safe to say their blank ammunition budget was used in the first episode. Not one of the weapons actually cycled in the last episode. Not one.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
On the bright side, Shiva's spirit will finally merge with King Ezekiel and he will finally become known as Beast Cyborg. BOO-YAH!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I don't know why Rick was swerving. He was behind a windshield and we all know bullets can't break glass unless you're specifically on a window-breaking mission.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The car chase was amazing and I hope there's one in every episode.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CODChimera posted:

The only sad part is so few people are live posting we only got a couple of reactions but they're pretty on point.

I remember when this thread could do like 30 pages a week

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
S7E7, goddamn it show, Negan was already a great and amazing villain you did not have to include a scene of him being rapey at an underage girl as if we needed clarification that he is a BAD DUDE

gently caress this stupid show Tara should have stayed on the Isle of Lesbos and Jesus should get his own spinoff where he wanders the earth kicking zombie rear end with morgan

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

precision posted:

S7E7, goddamn it show, Negan was already a great and amazing villain you did not have to include a scene of him being rapey at an underage girl as if we needed clarification that he is a BAD DUDE

gently caress this stupid show Tara should have stayed on the Isle of Lesbos and Jesus should get his own spinoff where he wanders the earth kicking zombie rear end with morgan

lol oh god there were pages and pages in this thread of people going NEGAN ISNT A RAPIST REEEEEE

you missed out

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

Negan: Think about it. She’s stuck in a power plant with some dude she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but a zombie moat. She's thinking “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”
Carl: Okay…that seems really dark though.
Negan: No, no, it’s not dark. You’re misunderstanding me, bro.
Carl: I think I am.
Negan: Yeah, you are. ‘Cause if the girl said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that she’s not gonna say no, she’d never say no…because of the implication.
Carl: Now, you said that word “implication” a couple of times. What implication?
Negan: The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to sleep with me. Now, not that things are gonna go wrong for her, but she’s thinking that they will.

Eyochigan: this is known as rape

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

This episode was real bad from what I saw from the 5 minutes I took to skip through it to get the general jist.

The highlight for me was when, during her epic save, Carol just sort of disinterestedly wiggles her gun around a bit to simulate recoil while bad CG flew out of the end of it.

By next season they'll just have the cast use sticks for guns and make them do gun noises with their mouths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
My main complaint is still that nobody is doing anything in this show. There's no goal or objective.

I guess the short term goal is to take down the Saviors but I can't even tell what theirfucking plan is.

But other than that they aren't building towards anything. It's just yet even MORE terribly written "meta" talk about becoming a kind of person that can live in this zombie world. Like, loving hell man, we get it. People battle with reconciling who they were with who they are now but it's been like SEVEN FULL loving SEASONS OF NOTHING BUT THAT.

MOVE ON.

edit: Also the show looks like total dogshit because they shoot the majority of it NOT in the golden hours (just after sunrise and before sunset). I get this is probably for time reasons, you want to maximize your shootable light. But it feels so flat and just using natural light but not in a good way. Everything is just terribly muted and flatly lit and then they pop the saturation on the green for probably some stupid rear end reason.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 13, 2017