Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now that I have an Olive and TGC, my trio of Lightnings is kinda weak.

Is TGC's TMR ever something worth using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

I opened up 25 slots, have something SA related in the comment box.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
308 305 899

Orlandu is ready to rain shiny death on your foes hit me up, have about 8 slots free for goons

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And another 13 energy wasted because a companion orlandeau got confused by the final boss and then killed Y'shtola before I could esuna him.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Khisanth Magus posted:

And another 13 energy wasted because a companion orlandeau got confused by the final boss and then killed Y'shtola before I could esuna him.

Have you tried just killing the boss?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Khisanth Magus posted:

What is your party?

You might be better off running 5 bonus units and an Olive friend that can 1-shot the bosses than running a party where you need to actually fight them.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm running 2 soleils, 1 Lawrence, Y'shtola, and my Noctis. The friend orlandeau is usually just short of killing him with a single divine retribution after being buffed with Link from Noctis.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm running 2 soleils, 1 Lawrence, Y'shtola, and my Noctis. The friend orlandeau is usually just short of killing him with a single divine retribution after being buffed with Link from Noctis.

Are you running a bonus unit on Siren for Attack song? Putting up Deprotect from Shiva/Ramuh/Diabolos?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I'm really bummed out by this slowing down on Ifrit. I'm still at 1.14 million and I was really hoping to get the trust moogle, but that's going to be increasingly difficult if people are just kinda giving up on him. Sadly I can only do Pro, since I can't do enough damage in Elite for it to be worth it.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I'm really bummed out by this slowing down on Ifrit. I'm still at 1.14 million and I was really hoping to get the trust moogle, but that's going to be increasingly difficult if people are just kinda giving up on him. Sadly I can only do Pro, since I can't do enough damage in Elite for it to be worth it.

You have another week. If you got to 1.1m in one week, you can easily get to 1.6M

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
It doesn't matter to me, but I see some people running their TGs without Diablos which could be an issue.

PSA: All the bosses are demons and will take tons of extra damage from Demon Killer.

I know it's cool and all to slap Odin on him to get his ATK maxed, but Demon Killer is far better for this event.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Don't use Link with Noctis, use Fire Flask. The boss can be locked down with paralyze. Also the boss is resistant to light damage so use lightning stab instead of divine ruination.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 25, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Khisanth Magus posted:

how much attack on your Noctis? Mine is 799 on Diabolos, and one-shots all but the last boss with Warp Break. Then Warp Break + Holy Explosion will do the last boss in, no buffs.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Firion with Diabolos will do more damage than him with Odin?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

It doesn't matter to me, but I see some people running their TGs without Diablos which could be an issue.

PSA: All the bosses are demons and will take tons of extra damage from Demon Killer.

I know it's cool and all to slap Odin on him to get his ATK maxed, but Demon Killer is far better for this event.

Don't use Link with Noctis, use Fire Flask. The boss can be locked down with paralyze. Also the boss is resistant to light damage so use lightning stab instead of divine ruination.

I don't think you're gonna get consensus on which Esper to run for Orlandeau. Some people want the FR for Ifrit. Some people want Diabolos for Demon Killer. Some people want Odin for Bladeblitz to mow down chocobos. It's just good to have a mix of all them.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Firion with Diabolos will do more damage than him with Odin?

Yes. While ATK scales well, it doesn't scale better than killer abilies.

55 ATK vs +50% Damage to Demons

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I don't think you're gonna get consensus on which Esper to run for Orlandeau. Some people want the FR for Ifrit. Some people want Diabolos for Demon Killer. Some people want Odin for Bladeblitz to mow down chocobos. It's just good to have a mix of all them.

I think that the percentage of people who need Orlandu to be able to kill the demon bosses is probably higher than those that are still doing Ifrit and impatient during the Chocobo fight.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 25, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Aren't there supposed to be black chocobos? If so gently caress they must be rare.

The triple red chocobo spawn though: 8100 funbucks :toot:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I think that the percentage of people who need Orlandu to be able to kill the demon bosses is probably higher than those that are still doing Ifrit and impatient during the Chocobo fight.

Bladeblitz is needed for people who have all bonus units. Plus I think any TGC with 800+ ATK should be able to solo the event regardless of esper (I could be wrong on this). The half-dozen people I know irl that play are still running the raid (and I asked them which esper they wanted and they said Ifrit). But yea, there's a lot of different scenarios people are in right now due to a bunch of competing needs/events.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 25, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Yes. While ATK scales well, it doesn't scale better than killer abilies.

55 ATK vs +50% Damage to Demons

Just tried with my firion and he does do a higher output with diablos, and also swapping a 20% atk tm with barrage
Cleared friend list of absent players.

Firion can oneshot all but the last boss in ELT with fin briar, needs to use barrage while buffed by attack song from a unit equipped with siren to one round the last one.(might also need de-protect on the boss from another esper, don't have enough NRG to test it right now.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
yeah im only at 770,000 on ifrit. I think ill just stop since I have 0 chance of getting that TM, and I got Yoshi cola via pulls anyways.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I am sorry, fellow goons, I let my desire for Orlandu overwhelm my common sense, I should gotten the Kiyomori first so you could solo Ifrit with her. :(

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

I am sorry, fellow goons, I let my desire for Orlandu overwhelm my common sense, I should gotten the Kiyomori first so you could solo Ifrit with her. :(

i didnt even think about tm grinding dodge stuff for lightning until the ifrit event started or I could have had something prepared by now. Hindsight and all that.

edit:goign through friend request and khisanth, your friends list is maxed so I cant add you.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 25, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Why stop when it's a magical third currency that still gets you extra rank xp, stat pots and 6* mats? Might as well run it 'til it's not there anymore.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Seriously, the only thing it costs to run the Ifrit raid is time. Also, I haven't seen anyone what mention this yet, but Ifrit coins are a phenomenal source of gil. A single Pro run will get you about 30,000.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
this is my third gold Mercedes in a row. Why game, why?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Fool that I am I wasted all my tickets chasing Orlandeau
How could I resist when my friend's list looks like this?

37 more on top of yesterday's 20, so 59 pulls including dailies all for naught, not even a useful TM to show for it, except Shine maybe.

:negative:
The will to play has been utterly drained out of me.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Following up yesterday's Queen and Orlandu in the quest for said Thunder God, today's daily pull was... Olive. Because why loving not.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Trilin posted:

Fool that I am I wasted all my tickets chasing Orlandeau
How could I resist when my friend's list looks like this?

37 more on top of yesterday's 20, so 59 pulls including dailies all for naught, not even a useful TM to show for it, except Shine maybe.

:negative:
The will to play has been utterly drained out of me.

Shine is really useful, yes. And Lawrence is honestly not that bad a TM, best attack armor in the game that isn't Brave Suit, ONLY magic attack armor (so Exdeath is making grabby hands at it)

But I feel your pain.

AegisP posted:

Following up yesterday's Queen and Orlandu in the quest for said Thunder God, today's daily pull was... Olive. Because why loving not.

AND HATE YOU. :)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Cool, Ifrit is down to level 19 now :suicide: and I used all the sub-6k tickets from this event and got gently caress all for them. Well time to wallow in my orlandeuless suffering.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I spent the mythril I would have used for an 11 pull on Orlandeau on Cactuar Dunes and Tactics, to make some more 6* units. :smug:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
2 slots (switch to Soleil soon probably)

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
I know what I'm going to do with 5 Y'shtolas (once I finally get the guaranteed one), but what on Eorzea am I to do with 8 Minfilias?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
That moment when it's early and you do your 5 Ifrit runs for the morning and while driving in you pull a Y' and cheer outloud that you can quit Ifrit finally!! You were only 300k points away but so what!

Then you combine the 7 Thancreds you got with Nichol because they look the loving same at 7am driving 60mph.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody figured out how many Poach materia to get? I heard that it stacks, so I guess if you really wanted to go hog wild you could equip four each on a party of five for a total of 20? :psyduck:

I'll probably grab five Lifefont materia in case I find a use for grinding explorations or something.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Wondering how the guy who did that Dark Fina video did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUDpKt_Nqgg

Not well.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
47 tickets 2 dailies and a 11 pull and no orlandu :(

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ShinyDais posted:

I know what I'm going to do with 5 Y'shtolas (once I finally get the guaranteed one), but what on Eorzea am I to do with 8 Minfilias?

Yeah I just wanted to check, I only need 1 Minfilia for all my needs right? And no Thancreds since he sucks and will continue to suck even in current Japanese meta?
And keeping 2 Yshtolas is ok?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I read somewhere earlier in the thread that someone saw a video of two Minfillias buffing the main DPS for some trial or something but I don't actually know what it was for or if it's actually necessary or just some gimmick.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Guy Farting posted:

47 tickets 2 dailies and a 11 pull and no orlandu :(

Pretty much the same thing here.

I managed to pull 3 Shines though and some other TMs I was missing so I guess it's all ok. I have a Noctis, have the ring of Lucii, I'll get the dodge katana and the Shine TMs and I'll be dodging so much.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Wait someone has a full dodge Lightning that can solo the event? It'd be rad as gently caress if you could keep that up because I'm around 900k and I am still without Y'sholta and yknow, would be cool to get one before this event ends. Doesn't Ifrit himself run away after a few turns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Nope. As long as your memu/Nox doesn't crash you can just Auto-Attack/Auto-Limit and come back later to a won battle.

You'll want NinjaD's Lightning for it.

• Locked thread