Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

I read it as "Infantry getting shot at would love to be inside a tank".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ephex posted:

I read it as "Infantry getting shot at would love to be inside a tank".

I read it as "Weirdos have all kinds of crazy kinks. If you somehow devised an impenetrable box, there would absolutely be people who would pay for the experience to have artillery shot at them while they are inside said impenetrable box."

I can see how that post was unclear because they used the wrong prefix for negation.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

There are people who pay good money to be able to die on the Everest or on trip to see the Titanic. Just saying that there's a business idea here as well.

Clown Core. How did they know?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, check out Aiwanger's replies to the nazi questionnaire:

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/hube...81-9b25aca44ef2

Zero doubt that the guy was walking around school with a hitler mustache and doing the nazi salute. He isn't even denying it. Dit is Bayern

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Jetzt aus Prinzip nicht, Herr Bundeskanzler.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Nicht deine persönliche Armee, Olaf.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Wo hast du das Cum-Ex Geld vergraben, Olaf?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Grendels Dad posted:

Jetzt aus Prinzip nicht, Herr Bundeskanzler.

Reverse psychology kann er, der Olaf.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

On the other hand

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Antigravitas posted:

Wo hast du das Cum-Ex Geld vergraben, Olaf?

Wahrscheinlich ganz pragmatisch neben Achidi John.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Antigravitas posted:

On the other hand

:golfclap:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
https://twitter.com/Piratenpartei/status/1698652106419225069?s=20

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Double post because

https://twitter.com/dergazetteur/status/1698664163831160833?s=20

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

:hmmyes:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GABA ghoul posted:

Zero doubt that the guy was walking around school with a hitler mustache and doing the nazi salute. He isn't even denying it. Dit is Bayern

Being able to write might however cost him the votes of more traditional Bavarians regardless of content.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

don't doxx me

Son of Rodney posted:

Windmills have gotten up to 5MW onshore, with rotordurchmesser upwards of 200m, do you even realize how many birds you need to lubricate them? Every Spatz counts in are fight against climate change.

I thought about this. It should be trivialy easy to add some kind of cage around the rotors to protect birds from being swatted out of the sky. People who complain about Windpower should be forced to pay an extra tax to pay for this.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

GABA ghoul posted:

https://twitter.com/jana_hensel/status/1697280004239823051

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

mcbexx posted:

Had a nice run-in with german bureaucracy today.

My parents have a hornet's nest in the edge of their roof, directly above the path that leads around the house into the garden, three meters from the ground.

Since hornets are endangered, you're not allowed to do poo poo, except get a Fachmann check the nest and then ask the Umweltschutzbehörde for an exemption to either relocate the hive or, if that does not seem feasible, kill them (the hornets, not my parents).
If you tamper with it yourself, you can potentially be fined up to €50.000.

Turns out the requirements for the exemption are quite high.
Schädlingsbekämpfer will come by tomorrow and check it out, but he already alluded to the fact that he might not be able to help.

The nest is right next to my mother's kitchen window and maybe 4 meters from a balcony and a terrace door.

Oh, did I mention that my mother is highly allergic to bees and wasps?
Like "get an anaphylactic shock and die" allergic.
She hasn't tried hornets yet, and frankly, at 82 years old and with a pacemaker and defibrillator in her chest, I'd rather not have her give it a shot.

If we get told tomorrow that "Eh, you gotta wait until October when the hive has died out, then we can plug the cracks" and my mother is basically put under house arrest and stressed out because of those little fuckers until then, I might become a Querdenker.

You get a ladder and a beekeeper uniform and remove the nest in the Dämmerung. You dont need to kill them, you just get an old Bienenstock and relocate them in the garden / at a waldrand / give them away. Hornets are peaceful as gently caress and wont sting unless caught in the hair or in the clothing

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

AutismVaccine posted:

You get a ladder and a beekeeper uniform and remove the nest in the Dämmerung. You dont need to kill them, you just get an old Bienenstock and relocate them in the garden / at a waldrand / give them away. Hornets are peaceful as gently caress and wont sting unless caught in the hair or in the clothing

give them away... to someone who wants a bunch of hornets?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Try mailing them to Bruce Lee's estate, but don't forget to paint them green first.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

pidan posted:

Kinda want some, their cool

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Send them to Hollywood, so they can make a Wickerman-sequel

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

pidan posted:

Pest control. They kill wasps for example

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You can even eat them, as long as you don't disturb or kill them.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

AutismVaccine posted:

They are inside the roof, going in and out through a 3x1 cm opening.
I was hoping the pest control guy would vacuum them out and relocate them, but nope, he's not touching that, "because if I don't get the queen out as well, the hive will die".

We will have to wait until it's getting colder and activity of the hive ceases (and most of the hornets die off anyway), then cover up all cracks and bröckeligen Putz thoroughly, all the while hoping they don't fly into any hair or clothing and kill my mom until then. 🤞🤞🤞

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So the Antisemitismusbeauftragte der Bundesrefierung suggested Heilwanger should visit KZ Dachau to show how he is not a Nazi. Because blatant political propaganda is all they can come up with instead of getting rid of Heilwanger as they should.

Only the Gedenkstätte Dachau doesn't want him and told him to stay away because they don't want to be abused for political purposes. Good on them, at least some people are reacting correctly to this mess.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Try mailing them to Bruce Lee's estate, but don't forget to paint them green first.

Also please pop a quick 'H' on the box so all the postal workers know it's filled with hornets

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

So the Antisemitismusbeauftragte der Bundesrefierung suggested Heilwanger should visit KZ Dachau to show how he is not a Nazi. Because blatant political propaganda is all they can come up with instead of getting rid of Heilwanger as they should.

Only the Gedenkstätte Dachau doesn't want him and told him to stay away because they don't want to be abused for political purposes. Good on them, at least some people are reacting correctly to this mess.

How the hell is the government supposed to force the member of a different party to go away? Hit squads to take him out, Russia-style?

And why would the Bundesregierung make Propaganda for an enemy party? Are you high?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
ganz schön heiß diese Woche

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's werding noticeably früher dunkel :negative:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Ja, ganz schön dunkel grade

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Entwarnung, ist schon wieder hell

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

How the hell is the government supposed to force the member of a different party to go away? Hit squads to take him out, Russia-style?

And why would the Bundesregierung make Propaganda for an enemy party? Are you high?

Well, they being his own party throwing him out of course and Söder etc distancing themselves. Instead of trying to rehabilitate him in the eyes of the people by parading him through a KZ Gedenkstätte so he can assure anyone he isn't the rear end in a top hat he is.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

I assume the Antisemitismusbeauftragter just didn't think it through. Going "ey, vielleicht sollte der Nazi sich nochmal das KZ im Detail anschauen" is not a bad take. The problem is that the right is so strong that they love this idea because it is a fantastic Deckmäntelchen for claiming not to be Nazis.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Can't blame them for not wanting to be instrumentalized by this rear end in a top hat for campaigning purposes and help him get elected.

Had he come out and admitted to the pamphlet and Hitler enthusiasm, it would be different. But he chose to try to worm his way out of it.

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
Freie Wähler are actually UP in latest pools

https://www.merkur.de/politik/afd-umfrage-bayern-wahl-landtagswahl-aiwanger-freie-waehler-csu-gruene-fdp-spd-zr-92502604.html

shoot bayern in to the sun

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
owning the libs is definitely rübergeschwappt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

niethan posted:

owning the libs is definitely rübergeschwappt

God, I hate that we keep importing the worst stuff from murrican politics.

I keep following US politics, and while it is all terrible, at least it’s not as bad in Germany. However, our right sure wants to make it so. :smith: