Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Big ole TRUMPMO spike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Poll (supposedly) about to be released that will put Clinton up in MO. Probably a good time to buy & flip.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

What the gently caress is happening in the DC market.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

Poll (supposedly) about to be released that will put Clinton up in MO. Probably a good time to buy & flip.

Source? Will it have a GOP component?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
http://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...543072b341.html

ST. LOUIS • Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have narrow leads in Missouri heading into Tuesday's presidential primaries, according to a new poll.

The former Secretary of State Clinton leads Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, 47 percent to 40 percent, with 13 percent undecided, according to the Docking Institute of Public Affairs Poll for Missouri newspapers.

Among Republicans, the billionaire businessman Trump leads Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, 36-29, with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio at 9 percent and Ohio Gov. John Kasich at 8. A total of 17 percent of Republican poll respondents said they were undecided.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Not to mention Trump should be a post-debate bump. I said Wednesday Trump will win MO. More and more people are jumping on the #TrumpTrain

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...543072b341.html

ST. LOUIS • Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have narrow leads in Missouri heading into Tuesday's presidential primaries, according to a new poll.

The former Secretary of State Clinton leads Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, 47 percent to 40 percent, with 13 percent undecided, according to the Docking Institute of Public Affairs Poll for Missouri newspapers.

Among Republicans, the billionaire businessman Trump leads Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, 36-29, with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio at 9 percent and Ohio Gov. John Kasich at 8. A total of 17 percent of Republican poll respondents said they were undecided.

Sanders could win Missouri, holy poo poo.

Anyone spot a PDF of the full poll results/methodology?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qfCQ4riXO0

:toot:

If you got in on MO when it was trading around ~35c you could almost double your money at this point.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

If you aren't buying bernie lottos at super cheap for these recent races idk what to tell you, its like $10

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Supreme Court down to Garland, Sri, and Watford per Reuters. With the first two the favorites.

I've got a whole bunch of Garland...I've thought he would be the nominee from the get go. But I'll make a little money if its Sri or Watford instead.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Not watching the market at all but that's not really a Trollbama pick. Everyone else on that list is blatantly a political troll, but Garland has had too long a career so there'll be something objectionable in there to pretend to stonewall over. Not sure it makes sense.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I've thought he'll pick Garland because he knows it'll get rejected and Garland is a much, much safer pick. I mean, hell, he'll even die pretty soon, maybe, whereas Sri should be kicking it for about 30 years. With the voters saying the Senate should at least look at the guy, not looking at bland ol' Garland is going to be pretty harmful to the GOP.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I think Garland's age is seen incorrectly as a liability. It's helpful to him against a hostile opposition, because he'll only be on the bench for ~20 years instead of ~35. Garland has already made two shortlists; this is now his third. There is clearly some goodwill there from Obama, and I have a hard time seeing Obama bringing him back a third time if he is not seriously considering it. Sri is young enough to still be a potential nominee for the next 3 Presidential terms.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Arkane posted:

Supreme Court down to Garland, Sri, and Watford per Reuters. With the first two the favorites.

I've got a whole bunch of Garland...I've thought he would be the nominee from the get go. But I'll make a little money if its Sri or Watford instead.

Sri is the only one left who was confirmed unanimously. He is also the most historic choice. I've suspected Obama might pick him from the start.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Is Kasich really 60/40 to win OH? I kinda wanna get in on NO, but if he's a slam dunk that I'm just not seeing, I don't want to be stupid.

Also why aren't there markets for Wyoming, Guam, etc?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

a cop posted:

I'm all in, holding till the end (Well, not the end, but until it's clear on voting day). If it goes Trump then I'm BACK IN THE GAME!!!

Oh poo poo, suddenly I'm starting to have second thoughts about holding MO.TRUMP YES :ohdear:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Fuschia tude posted:

Oh poo poo, suddenly I'm starting to have second thoughts about holding MO.TRUMP YES :ohdear:

As you should :unsmigghh:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

A Time To Chill posted:

Is Kasich really 60/40 to win OH? I kinda wanna get in on NO, but if he's a slam dunk that I'm just not seeing, I don't want to be stupid.

Also why aren't there markets for Wyoming, Guam, etc?

People are reacting to a few things in Kasich's favor:

1. Some polls show him well within striking distance, or even ahead
2. Late deciders break heavily against Trump
3. Rubio basically said to vote for Kasich to stop Trump, and stopped just short of telling his voters to do so
4. There's been some "bad press" for Trump lately (the protesters things)
5. A decision today allows 17 year olds to vote in the primary (slightly helping Kasich maybe?)

I'm skeptical 3 or 4 really matter, but if it's close, it could tip things toward Kasich. It's basically a tossup at this point.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Dem Illinois market is getting flooded with Berniebros who think tonight's protest isn't terrible optics for his campaign

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Dem Illinois market is getting flooded with Berniebros who think tonight's protest isn't terrible optics for his campaign

It's good for both Bernie and for Trump, IMO.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

pathetic little tramp posted:

in addition to the trump thing, at his own rally, he really went after Rahm Emanuel tonight, which is probably the right play.

if he can dent Hillary's black support, he'll win Illinois

I have no position

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

In hard on Trump.MO and Hillary.MO. Come on missouri. Bring it home!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

In hard on Trump.MO and Hillary.MO. Come on missouri. Bring it home!!

We've still got the DC contest tomorrow first. I have 1100 shares of Trump No lined up there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

If Trump wins DC I'll buy a MAGA hat and eat it.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Bernie isn't winning Illinois with a 30/30 Hispanic and Black population in one of America's largest cities. Demos don't look good with IL population skewing older.

cheese eats mouse has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Mar 12, 2016

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
No position either. I'm fairly sure the polls were correct last week but there'll be natural tightening and obviously the Trump news will affect the Dem race heavily in some way. No idea what the fallout is on the Dem side, not gonna bother handicapping it, GL.

Trump probably just locked up IL though. I'd like to be proven wrong there but let's face it I'm not.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Arkane posted:

Prediction: Trump will trade below 50% by Monday.

lol

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Meh that actually happened that night and the market was panicking.

It's amazing how this election is roughly 100% different if Rubio doesn't get horrifically murdered on stage that one time

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm against Hillary in NC, IL and FL equally such that she only needs to lose one for it to be a lottery win

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
word of caution: the Washington DC contract could be VERY susceptible to insider knowledge this afternoon, kind of the ideal situation for it

all of the votes are at a single location

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was really tempted to see if I could get in as an observer and insider trade the gently caress out of that market tbqh

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
You should, then broadcast it to those of us on Betfair so we can do it too

tia

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Rubio in DC just shot up 20+ cents. Keeping an eye on this.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Does anybody actually have any idea what's gonna happen in DC? I put $20 on Kasich yes/everyone else no because I am a gambler but I have no idea how dumb or not that was.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A Time To Chill posted:

Does anybody actually have any idea what's gonna happen in DC? I put $20 on Kasich yes/everyone else no because I am a gambler but I have no idea how dumb or not that was.

there's pictures of lines on twitter

hard to tell from that obviously, but it didn't look overwhelming in any direction demographics-wise. if the line was all olds, trump would be the play.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trump would not be in play in DC if every old white person without a diploma showed up with a friend

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

A Time To Chill posted:

Kasich is the least likely win. Rubio would win it if he wasn't days from implosion, Trump could win because Trump can apparently win anywhere especially with the anti-Trump vote spread, and Cruz is the obvious Rubio alternative since Kasich has no chance even though everyone loathes Ted Cruz.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got out of DC because nothing makes sense

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm guessing a huge crossover turnout to vote *against* Trump is in Rubio's favor. But who knows. Bet at your own risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I got out of DC because nothing makes sense
I bought Trump Yes and Rubio No for the same reason.

• Locked thread