Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

...and nothing else.

edit: well poo poo, that joke doesn't work so good without the actual post above it. Have a crude photoshop instead, for this trying time.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Now I'm picturing one of them showing up with a bouquet of flowers :3:

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 3, 2017

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Meanwhile, about great fishy quest:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rangpur posted:

...and nothing else.
nah there's general environmental texture improvements but there's only a couple of textures that are offensively bad.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rangpur posted:

...and nothing else.

Well it is v0.25, so presumably this is just a test release to make sure it works and they're gonna go through and update more textures later on.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
I think Adam's fascination with hate is also because hatred is intrinsically linked with its opposite concept, love. I think Taro's said somewhere before that humans are able to hate because they love, and remember the circumstances of Adam's birth? A bunch of machines trying to figure out the concept of love, who became incredibly pissed off at the androids who were killing their beloved until they literally BSOD'd so hard they made a machine man.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I think they were working on making a machine man regardless (the entry to the Love Shack Cavern is littered with Android corpses I reason they gathered for components or to reference), but I agree that the Androids loving things up gave him a complex.

Adam also goes at length about how the idea of Humans killing each other mystifies him. Humans aren't like networked machines, they're gone for good when they die, but they kept killing each other anyway. He decides that Hatred is the key, which makes sense, but because he just flat out cannot comprehend Death that's as far as he can get.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

i am tim! posted:

Adam also goes at length about how the idea of Humans killing each other mystifies him. Humans aren't like networked machines, they're gone for good when they die, but they kept killing each other anyway. He decides that Hatred is the key, which makes sense, but because he just flat out cannot comprehend Death that's as far as he can get.

He did comprehend death.
He just wasn't in a position to continue elaborating on his philosophy after achieving that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

You are a wonderful person :3:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Rangpur posted:

...and nothing else.

edit: well poo poo, that joke doesn't work so good without the actual post above it. Have a crude photoshop instead, for this trying time.

What a beautiful slam...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXCBuMQlaU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

2Baller

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Episode XCV: You Got Served

Music: Fortress of Lies

Talk about a late title card for The Bunker.

If you’ll remember back in Route A, 2B pulled some strings with the Resistance to get 9S shipped back to The Bunker intact. She then headed off to the Abandoned Factory with Pascal to find an enclave of machine lifeforms discovered religion and almost immediately formed a death cult. It’s time to see those events from 9S’s perspective. But before that happens, we need to fix our boy up. The only option here is to self-hack. Which is a thing you can do, I guess...

Music: Significance v2

Yeah, yeah.
A single reply is sufficient for acknowledgment.
Fiiine.

Welcome back to self-repair. Remember, 9S did this toward the end of the Prologue. Our first order of business is defragging 9S’s memory. Nobody likes a lost memory storyline, so let’s just nip that in the bud immediately.

Good.
Proposal: Engage visual sensor diagnostics.
You got it.

OK. Just another six nodes we need to activate. No problem. Moving right along...

All checks complete.
Whew... Took long enough. Don’t you think it’s overkill to perform a full data overhaul?
Unit 9S was seized by the enemy and placed in a non-controlled state for an extended period of time. There is a high probability of corruption by an enemy logic virus.
All right, all right. Cram it. Anyway, I just gotta synch up with the Bunker server and then I’m outta here, right?

Progressing north takes us to the YoRHa server node to upload 9S to The Cloud. However...

Unknown.
Halt the data sync.
Alert: Data synchronization is mandatory for all YoRHa units.
Yeah, I know that. But we just got some kind of weird noise. Halt the data synch for 2B as well.
Affirmative.
Let’s figure out where that noise came from. Just to be sure, you know? Open a port to the server.

A new path opens up to The Bunker’s central server. I enjoy the fact they’ve started doing weird poo poo with the hacking mini-game set-up here on out. You’ve just accepted this interface by this point and tooling around in story based areas seems natural and good.

Anyway, about this server...

There are a couple of open nodes in the loop surrounding the server. The order we access ‘em doesn’t matter. First up we have...

A real simple hacking job. It’s only bunch of easily destroyed black boxes to access and eliminate the hacking core. As soon we’re done, we get...

I have no idea what this is supposed to be about. But how the heck did you all lose 11B twice? Highly irresponsible.

All the black box data has been deleted, but it looks like everything else is here.

OK. No reason to stop snooping. Let’s move on to the next node on the opposite side of the server’s hacking space.

Again, it’s a rather simple hacking job that just involves destroying black boxes to reach the core. Some info presents itself when we finished...

Well... that’s a lot less beer and liquor than I was expecting humanity to be ordering up in space... I’m sure there’s a good reason for that and definitely not the fact humanity died out as a result of the Papa Nier’s actions in the original game. Surely a smart android came along at some point to sort out that problem, right?

Hmm... Looks like records for supplies shipped to the moon. Strange... There were a ton of empty containers. That’s weird. Why would they do that?

...Huh? A new port just opened.

Well, I mean that port is just sitting out there in the open, waiting to be hacked. Frankly, it would be would not to go check it out immediately...

Alert: We are not authorized to access this data.
Man, this stuff is all wrong... I need to check this out too.

gently caress the police. Let’s hack this thing. 9S cannot be caged... on the internet, at least.

Unlike the other nodes, this one is definitely not passive about being hacked given 9S is immediately confronted with over a dozen hostile defense avatars. Let’s see what kinda juicy lore we’ve got worthy of committing some mild treason.

Why the heck would they install one of those in this server...?

Sheesh, YoRHa’s Black Box cores are just above the Resistance’s lovely dial-up 56k internet connection in ranking. Also... the Council of Humanity being mid-tier access just above some kinda Backdoor is somewhat troubling... All of this will easily be hand waved, right?

Wait. Isn’t that backwards.

Music: ENDS

O grant me the mercy of the land! O grant me the joy of the heavens! Release me from my yoke of iron! Thus shall our souls be—

Oh... What was that?

Negative. Emergency backup request from 2B.
Close the server connection and activate my body.
Affirmative.

That’s enough mucking about in classified data on the questionable status of humans actually being up on the moon. We’ve got to backup 2B! As soon as 9S wakes up, he receives a communication from 21O.

Ah. 9S.
Operator? What happened?
We recently detected large numbers of machine lifeforms throughout the factory area. We received a support request from 2B soon thereafter, but have been unable to respond due to poor reception.
All right. I’ll try to gain access from the main terminal.

Our new goal is accessing the YoRHa Bunker’s terminal to beam down support for 2B. The terminal is just down the hall from 9S. We could have actually accessed this earlier. There was a YoRHa android who did Chip combining business. That’s all there was to it.

9S just needs to shove his mind into this terminal to go participate in becoming as gods.

Tune in next time for robot body jacking, further server hacking and humanity’s being alive status lacking as NieR: Automata continues!

Video: Episode 95 Highlight Reel

Bunker Concept Art – All these fool androids with physical copies of books. Wasteful.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 11, 2017

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

The Dark Id posted:

Sheesh, YoRHa’s Black Box cores are just above the Resistance’s lovely dial-up 56k internet connection in ranking. Also... the Council of Humanity being mid-tier access just above some kinda Backdoor is somewhat troubling... All of this will easily be hand waved, right?

I don't think these are organized by security ranking- they are all Level-S confidential it says. But they are organized into sub-lists according to subject.

Project Yorha outline is the root (one dot)
then everything else is a sub folder within that (two dots)
except for chain of comman, council of humanity and backdoor (?) which are subfolders in bunker administration (three dots).

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Man, the circular way the Bunker's server is shaped has a very... traumatic nostalgia to it.

It's also visually impressive, I have to admit.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
this being the first update I can now comment on after I played the part myself
I can safely say I dig the hacking segments a lot in how they're used outside of combat
(also i got better at hacking combat itself, thankfully)

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Solar Tornado posted:

Man, the circular way the Bunker's server is shaped has a very... traumatic nostalgia to it.

It's also visually impressive, I have to admit.

Traumatic nostalgia to what? System Shock?

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Ooooh boy.

9S accidentally uploaded a logic virus to the YoRHa servers, didn't he.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Vadoc posted:

My guess was maybe Tron.

The Dark Id posted:

Frankly, it would be rood not to go check it out immediately...

Why the heck would they install one of those in this server...?

If "rood" is on purpose cause hacking and 9S would totally use 80s-90s slang, then don't mind me. Second one needs a 9S portrait, though.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
9S, lamest of the Rooders

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm just surprised that server geometry isn't the Watchers sigil.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Vadoc posted:

Circling the Mother Grotesquerie, maybe.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Bruceski posted:

It looked like it was made to intentionally mirror the geometry of the station.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Bruceski posted:

Hack not the Watchers.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

ShadowedFlames posted:

Hack not the Watchers.

I'm pretty sure trying to hack the Watchers is what lead to Drakengard's Ending E.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, they got the hydroponics working on the moon so they don't need as many supplies. Good to know!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
No you dolt, they're obviously shipping air up to the moon! :shepface:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Shipping containers full'a farts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jeez people are really lazy about their documentation. Forgetting to list rocket supplies, Council of humanity and Yorha reversed, misplaced androids. Gosh how did all these glaring errors get into the game?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jeez people are really lazy about their documentation. Forgetting to list rocket supplies, Council of humanity and Yorha reversed, misplaced androids. Gosh how did all these glaring errors get into the game?

It's not game design errors. It's more cruft in the official YoRHa documentation. 6O was supposed to fix things, but, well... 6O.

A2 insists Command betrayed everyone because it was much easier for her to believe that Command was going all Wesker than it was to believe her operator just forgot the mission objective when distracted by cat pictures, and crashed several major servers when trying to fix things.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Shipping containers full'a farts.

is that why androids have butts?

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Well. This was probably incredibly relevant.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm guessing that the first data sheet with all the numbers is to do with time, perhaps how long the unit has been in operation followed by the standard time a unit should be in operation?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm guessing that the first data sheet with all the numbers is to do with time, perhaps how long the unit has been in operation followed by the standard time a unit should be in operation?

quote:

nah it clearly says Yorha | body | storage | records
so 2b's on ther 1203rd body, there's 40 in storage, and yes please.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Synthbuttrange posted:

Man, 8H is really having a rough time then

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Man, 8H is really having a rough time then

She probably has more hours clocked in the body fabber than accumulated mission time.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I wonder if the 2B death counter goes up with your savefile?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

wiegieman posted:

nope

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

I feel like this is clearly the file name not the headings.

wiegieman posted:

And this is why.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Those 100% aren't the headings.

I have no idea what that file is supposed to be outside of it being fluff that sets up the later files you see as more impactful because they're actually something you can parse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Yeah, microspoilers time: If there's anything that lets you interpret this chart meaningfully later in the game, I sure didn't see it.

• Locked thread