Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For those that didn't watch the playoffs, enjoy a player making 20 million a year who can't beat Lou Williams one on one in Oladipo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

I wouldn't sign him to a long term deal either but they didn't have much choice and it's 50 million less than was originally being reported so hey

Yeah I agree they had no choice but woof

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881182512185323520

that guy looks like he weighs like 190 pounds

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

white lebron gonna learn how to win rings in the same place Lebron Classic did

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

look forward to this guy never contributing meaningfully in the nba

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Hayward's wife also really wants to live somewhere warm.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/status/881184785841958913

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ooof

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/881180847251931136

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

And to the interns that changed my mocks/player rankings!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

PG is at his best when he shoots off of screens. In the few moments that the Pacers had a cohesive offense that got him those shots, he was amazing. Russ was already one of my fave players so the two of them should be a great pair in OKC and it's somewhat of a silver lining to having an org that is dumb from top to bottom.

Yeah he's a perfect fit and him not having to he the number 1 for offense or defense is going to be so good

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol Fox Sports radio talking about how good the Celtics will be in 4 years and how Danny Aigne will be laughing at us all if the Celtics make the Finals.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/880971718600396800

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Klay, Cousins, Gasol. Easy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/881186375642513408

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strawberry Panda posted:

Hayward's wife also really wants to live somewhere warm.

It takes a while for 18 year old girls to learn how to dress in layers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

someone incredibly funny is going to be an Eastern Conference All-Star

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

Rondo somehow. Or Rose.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Oladipo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Rubio should have gone East and fulfilled his destiny of throwing lobs and nutmegging guys in an all-star game.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Neil Olshey needs to call up Presti for some tips on offloading your own lovely contracts after only a year.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The West might actually score 200 and stop the drat tease

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I still remember watching Gordon Hayward stream himself playing Starcraft and callibg everything that happened gay, then apologizing when someone in the chat called him out on the casual homophobia. Good times.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Gasol
Lillard
Klay

probably

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wade going to be a legit all-star by cherry-picking 25 a game

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dokmo posted:

I am still totally confused as to the Paul George deal. Regardless of what Boston offered, there was at least one other deal offered that was much, much better than what OKC offered. And if the intention was to get him out of the Eastern Conference, I know of at least one offer from a Western Conference team that involved picks and didn't involve Oladipo's terrible contact. I cannot get my head around this.

Yeah it's just impossible this was the best they could do, even aside from INSIDER INFO. Thunder won the trade even if PG opts out, that's loving awful. And the East thing is hysterical, you're worried about strengthening a rival when you're at minimum five years from contention and probably that far from the second round? C'mon

E2M2 posted:

Steph was already underpaid, plus he brought 2 titles to our previously lovely rear end team. Guy deserves it.

He's worth it anyway, I'm just skeptical he's gonna have a long career as a star. By the end of that contract you're probably dropping 45 on a guy who's more of a sharpshooter who plays limited minutes and games but who gives a poop, he'll be an ex superstar franchise hero and you'll be sitting on 3-5 rings, you'll feel the same about it as Lakers fans felt about paying Kobe in his dotage

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/mikewiseguy/status/881171086699884548

that is uh not a good look if the owners were ready to pull the trigger on that deal

Lol if true Pritchard's team was the only one coming out ahead there what the heck? I mean Denver gets better there but not way better cause that's a trash defense, and I doubt Cleveland improves a bit.

hitze posted:

Gasol
Lillard
Klay

probably

Cousins will be in the mix too, he and Lillard have a rough history with this kind of stuff.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

I wonder if they reintroduced contract incentives for all-star berths, more players would be willing to sign with eastern conference teams

I think the best suggestion I've seen is someone trading for Joe Johnson so he can reach double digit appearances

5th year 30% max is activated with 1 mvp, 2 all nba, or 2 all-star appearances, so it will lead to bad contracts

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What I want to know is how the hell Love doesn't end up in Indiana in that deal, seems like a good fit

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

5th year 30% max is activated with 2 all-star appearances, so it will lead to bad contracts

Wow think about all the bad contracts after the next 2 years of East All Stars.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

R.D. Mangles posted:

Paul Zipser come on down!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If any Bull makes an all star game this year in buying their jersey.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wow think about all the bad contracts after the next 2 years of East All Stars.

The 76ers are going to dodge a bullet with their suspicious injury stuff

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/feb/21/candace-wiggins-stanford-university-basketball
Candace Wiggins says the WNBA is 98% gay, a very sorry environment, and she was bullied for being het

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Stupid poo poo FOs like this is exactly why the East is worse than the West

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Can't walk 'em by the statues like they do in LA, "This could be you! You could be a title-winning legend" Riley gave Wade and LeBron the Gordon Gekko sociopath kiss off (and possibly Bosh too although that's a different circumstance, consequences of the team's PED regimen), they hate him now, so the Heat can't even use the most iconic Heat players in their marketing until maayyyybe 10-15 years down the line.

Yes, become a legend like uhh uhh (reading down the list past Wade, LeBron, Bosh currently in medical limbo hell, not on great terms with the team either, ahh, ahh, ahh) LIKE GLEN RICE and RONY SEIKALY ah gently caress it let's hang up pictures of the assistant coach, that'll reel 'em in.

I know they're a relatively young team, but all in all I don't see how displaying a picture of their unlikable GM is a good advertisement for the team.

then again if PFZ is any gauge then Miamiites hate LeBron and worship Riley so maybe it's for the fans, not for the incoming players.

Dexo posted:

If any Bull makes an all star game this year in buying their jersey.

Just buy the Wade jersey right now then. Even if he gets injured he's going to be near the top in EC fan votes.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Deadbeat Dad is doing the BE THE GM game again and it's a ton of fun, please sign up--
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825442

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wade isnt gonna be on the team by then I am willing to bet.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I love seeing Ainge get ridiculed as much as the next person, but isn't there a good chance that George would have only been a one year rental for Boston too and he dodged a bullet by not giving up any assets for him?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dexo posted:

Wade isnt gonna be on the team by then I am willing to bet.

Wade is going to rot away as the Alpha survivor so they can have a vet build their culture.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm going to paint the entrance of a tunnel on a boulder and trick Danny Ainge into running into it

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

belt posted:

Yeah, it'd be pretty funny if Westbrook's numbers dropped to how bad they were the last time he played with another really good player on his team.

It will be pretty funny when the new superstar on an expiring contract gets the gently caress out after having to play with Russ for a while, just like the old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

NotWearingPants posted:

I love seeing Ainge get ridiculed as much as the next person, but isn't there a good chance that George would have only been a one year rental for Boston too and he dodged a bullet by not giving up any assets for him?

They have plenty of lower tier assets they could have traded that could easily best the OKC offer. But the whole West only thing and way overvaluing Indiania college thing happened. What an awful trade.

• Locked thread