Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
It's horse racing. Spoiler: he's a racehorse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Beachcomber posted:

My biggest memory of being at a wedding as a child was repeatedly going to the bartender and asking for more cherries. Repeatedly.

So this is definitely pro-wrestling, right?

Absolutely pro-wrestling, and that accidentally printed email actually sounds a hell of a lot like something Vince McMahon would write. It also sounds like a very Vince thing to do to hire someone with no experience in the business (fucker loves hiring Hollywood writers).

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

tactlessbastard posted:

It's horse racing. Spoiler: he's a racehorse

Look, you can't possibly understand the bond between a horse and his jockey.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

therobit posted:

Look, you can't possibly understand the bond between a horse and his jockey.

The bond is made of dead horse

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Absolutely pro-wrestling, and that accidentally printed email actually sounds a hell of a lot like something Vince McMahon would write. It also sounds like a very Vince thing to do to hire someone with no experience in the business (fucker loves hiring Hollywood writers).

I hope its something more embarrassing than pro-wrasslin. Like, don't the Juggalos have a backyard wrestling promotion?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 14, 2017

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Wait, smashing things is involved? No wonder she's ashamed, her husband is Gallagher.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
it's great how you can date, marry, and possibly have children with a nice, seemingly normal person, for several years, only to suddenly watch them inexplicably and irreparably break mentally beyond repair

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

quote:

He has basically said that he gets enough social interaction through his games (he plays with other people) and he doesn't feel the need to go out with physical friends.

This is really hard for me because I love meeting friends for drinks, hanging out, going hiking together, and things like that. However, I've been working as a consultant for 3 years now and my schedule is all over the place. I travel frequently and I can't give as much of my time to my bf either so I've always felt it evened out somewhat.

I absolutely do not get this at all, a friend of mine is obsessed with his internet friends from Facebook/Scruff/Grindr/Etc, the vast majority of them he has never met and live in different states or countries. To the extend where if we go out he spends the majority of his time messaging them back and forth. And the thing that I find most bizarre about it, he has plenty of real life flesh and blood friends, he lives with his boyfriend of almost a year who moved in a few months after his last boyfriend of a year left him.

Something Awful is fun at all when I'm at work or sitting home alone but randos from the internet are not your loving friends, put some goddamn clothes on and go out with your girlfriend and interact with actual people that will like help you move when she comes to her senses and dumps you or whatnot.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Three Olives posted:

I absolutely do not get this at all, a friend of mine is obsessed with his internet friends from Facebook/Scruff/Grindr/Etc, the vast majority of them he has never met and live in different states or countries. To the extend where if we go out he spends the majority of his time messaging them back and forth.

If the alternative is listening to you I can't say I blame the guy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bertrand Hustle posted:

If the alternative is listening to you I can't say I blame the guy

:drat:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Milotic posted:

Oh my gosh, children dancing! At a celebration! Noooooo!

My husband [25M] and I [27F] are upset and feel disrespected by something his sister and her husband [30s?MF] did at our wedding.

What a bunch of weenies. The service was over. The dinner was done. Dancing. For kids that had presumably been shut off in a confined space all day.

This woman was absolutely waiting for one thing to go wrong so that she could have some simmering resentments to nurse over ~her perfect day~ being ruined. It was very kind of the sister in law to take the fall so that the bride wouldn't have to vivisect another guest for wearing an off-white dress or immediately divorce her husband for getting an erection while slow dancing or some other such poo poo.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i'm kind of stunned that so many people in this thread think someone should be totally okay with their wedding guests bringing people that they specifically were asked not to bring

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

YeahTubaMike posted:

i'm kind of stunned that so many people in this thread think someone should be totally okay with their wedding guests bringing people that they specifically were asked not to bring

Well you see, my perfect angels would never...

I'm kind of wondering how many of the posters in the 'I don't see what the big deal is/chick's a bridezilla' camp are parents and get huffy if their kids are asked not to be brought to something.

How is 'I asked them not to bring kids, but they brought kids' any different from 'It was specified as black tie formal, they kicked me out for showing up in ripped jeans and a stained Buffalo Bills t-shirt'? Hosts make the rules.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well you see, my perfect angels would never...

I'm kind of wondering how many of the posters in the 'I don't see what the big deal is/chick's a bridezilla' camp are parents and get huffy if their kids are asked not to be brought to something.

How is 'I asked them not to bring kids, but they brought kids' any different from 'It was specified as black tie formal, they kicked me out for showing up in ripped jeans and a stained Buffalo Bills t-shirt'? Hosts make the rules.

I don't have kids, never want to have kids, and honestly just plain don't like children much. All these things said, the amusement comes from the ridiculously stuffy and indignant way of her writing everything, and picturing a grown woman screeching while running from another room to insist that a few children stop dancing. Yes, hosts make the rules. She was entirely justified to insist that children not be there. However, when you are taking the stance of "NO, THE CHILDREN MUST STOP DANCING AND GET BACK TO THEIR ASSIGNED ROOM" then a bunch of people on an internet comedy forum are going to make fun of you.

For your example, imagine that you stay in your tux all through the ceremony, but then decide to take off the jacket or loosen your bow tie during the reception, then the bride begins screaming at you that you're ruining her wedding by not being dressed up. Only imagine that the person loosening their tie is a child who is now depressed because they feel like they did something wrong. It's the woman's right to set her rules, but the woman is needlessly stupid about them and so she is, again, going to be made fun of.

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 14, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That analogy only works if the bride paid a team of professionals $2000 to keep my jacket on me but I took it off anyway.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah, the bride is technically in the right, but it sounds like the kids were ejected before she even had to look at them, and everything she writes she make her pretty unsympathetic. The real problem is that both sides keep escalating their dumb hyperbolic outrage, which sucks because they're basically stuck with each other as relatives now.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Also it was a destination wedding. The family had shelled out money to travel to the place. Let the drat kids dance at the end of it. Also there’s no real need to be a party pooper to the kids and make them feel like crap.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Except it doesn't sound like she was screaming, it sounds like they quietly informed the wedding coordinator and she took care of it discreetly.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Kids are a burden period and you are a selfish piece of poo poo if you think people want to deal with your obnoxious animals while they are trying to have a nice meal or cocktails or just enjoy adult conversation.

I know you think they are special little angels and how could anyone hate your children but we have a serious problem where it is a taboo to say we don't want your animals at a sit down restaurant.

Basically you shouldn't take your children anywhere that does not specifically welcome children, if there isn't a ball pit or person walking around in an animal suit or a petting zoo hire a goddamn sitter, if we wanted to be around children we have the option of our own volition.

God parents are just the worst.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Milotic posted:

Also it was a destination wedding. The family had shelled out money to travel to the place. Let the drat kids dance at the end of it. Also there’s no real need to be a party pooper to the kids and make them feel like crap.

If the kids want to dance when you get back to the hotel play some music on your phone or whatever and let them dance in a way that doesn't disturb anyone else's enjoyment.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Kids are a burden period and you are a selfish piece of poo poo if you think people want to deal with your obnoxious animals while they are trying to have a nice meal or cocktails or just enjoy adult conversation.

I know you think they are special little angels and how could anyone hate your children but we have a serious problem where it is a taboo to say we don't want your animals at a sit down restaurant.

Basically you shouldn't take your children anywhere that does not specifically welcome children, if there isn't a ball pit or person walking around in an animal suit or a petting zoo hire a goddamn sitter, if we wanted to be around children we have the option of our own volition.

Ironic that you hate children so much as you are apparently a humongous gay baby .

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Three Olives posted:

Hell yea, smash those stupid rear end peas

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

My 'friend' [19F] told me she slept with the guy [18M] I'm [17F] seeing and told me the details in front of a room of girls

quote:

I'm pretty anxious and upset right now, this happened around 30 minutes ago.

I met a wonderful guy on Tinder a few weeks ago, we went on two beautiful dates and he was the perfect gentleman, funny, sweet and gorgeous. We've been texting in between then while we've both had university exams and he's hilarious. We have another date set up two days from now which will be a lot more relaxed, but I've really been looking forward to it.

Now here's the issue. He was mutual friends with my 'friend' from college on Facebook, so I messaged her and asked if I could talk with her about a guy as I'd hoped she'd be able to tell me a bit about him. She sleeps around a fair bit but she's been lovely to me. She invited me to her dorm room, and as I was walking up I could hear her talking about how I'd messaged her. I came in, and she had FIVE other girls in the tiny room. I told her his name, and immediately she says, 'Oh yeah, I slept with him!' and started laughing. She then proceeded to give me every detail of their encounter while I was standing there pretty shocked with all of the girls watching my reaction. I played it cool as she told me about how great he was, all the positions they tried, etc etc. I then left and had a bit of a cry. I don't have any experience with guys, so I've been nervous while dating and have had a few guys lie to me about what they wanted (one even did so after I thought we'd built a great connection and had been talking for a month). I don't care about her sleeping with him, at the time he was underage and drunk and she was also drunk but two years older so it has a pretty creepy vibe to me. I was just so upset about why she decided to announce it in front of the whole room and laugh about it in front of me, even when I tried to change the topic a bit.

I really don't know what to do. I like this guy and I don't care about his history, but I feel so insecure now and I'm not sure how to get past it, especially after knowing that they slept together in his bed.

TL;DR Girl humiliated me in front of a group about a guy I've been dating that she slept with

loving lol

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jim Barris posted:

Ironic that you hate children so much as you are apparently a humongous gay baby .

:yeah:

Oh noooo a basic part of human life is annoying, they must be shuttled off into dark caves where I will never need to know of their existence. In an added request, could someone please remove all mirrors?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Wife [35f] doesn't want kids speaking to their step-brothers because of their fathers cheating. They all knew and didn't say anything. They're not listening and now she wants to kick them out. How to talk sense into her?

quote:

My wife and I have now been married for a year and a half now. She was in a previous marriage that ended horribly-the husband was cheating on her, and his kids (15, 16, 17) as well as hers (15 and 16) knew about it- but no one said anything until after she found out. The reasons as to why nobody knows. There is still some resentment between her and her sons and , and she doesn't want her communicating with their (ex) step-brothers at all.

The problem is that in those years that they were living together, they all became extremely close, and even after the divorce still hang out a lot. She doesn't want them going over their house but they still do. She thinks the other boys are a bad influence and "intimidated" them into keeping the secret about their dad when the cheating was happened. I don't know, but they're not taking it very well, and all the yelling and arguments are getting old. They accuse her of trying to split them up and she accuses them of contributing to the cheating. Last night she told them that if they continue wanting to go over the cheaters house then they can get their stuff and get out.

I really think she's being unreasonable and needs to just let them have their brother like bond, regardless of what happened. Kicking them out isn't going to solve the problem, but when she asked me to help her make a decision I told her what I thought. Apparently now I'm on her ex's side and sympathizing with him. She says she doesn't understand why her sons are turning against them, especially since before they had been so close. How can I talk some sense into her?

tl;dr: Step brothers knew that father was cheating on her and didn't say anything. now they're divorced and her kids still want to see/hang with them, but wife doesn't want them to. This is causing so many problems and now she wants to kick them out. How to talk some sense into her about this situation?

No communicating with TRAITORS WHO KNEW :piaa:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Wife [35f] doesn't want kids speaking to their step-brothers because of their fathers cheating. They all knew and didn't say anything. They're not listening and now she wants to kick them out. How to talk sense into her?

They didn't say anything because it's not their place and no one should be getting involved in their parents' drama when they're a drat kid.

I'd probably break up with someone over this garbage. Can you not carry a gigantic, lit torch for your ex after you marry me? It happened. Get over it or get out. I mean you don't have to completely get over it, but at least moderate your behavior somewhat.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 14, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ham Sandwiches posted:

My 'friend' [19F] told me she slept with the guy [18M] I'm [17F] seeing and told me the details in front of a room of girls

loving lol

Uh... this seems stupid. Also fake as she says 2 years older but the friend is 19 and he's 18. OP is the 17 year old. Ignoring the probably fake part, as if it is real, it's still dumb. Why is she crying because her friend is talking about how she slept with the dude? Presumably that would have been part of the conversation they had anyway, why does 5 other girls make it so bad?

If OP was the one who'd slept with him, and Friend told 5 girls about it, I could see being upset.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jim Barris posted:

IME there's a huge overlap with people who seriously loving hate children and people who are super immature.

See also: /r/childfree.

Disney would be better without kids. Or at least a childfree day. (self.childfree)

quote:

Just a thought...the most magical place on earth could have a kid free day.They would make a fortune. And, I wouldnt have to run into strollers, or deal with yelling, or deal with pushy kids, or...the list goes on. The rides would be better too. Then all my dreams would come true...

[RANT] So I went on a disney cruise this past weekend... (self.childfree)

quote:

Hey guys! I love this subreddit so much, I made an account just to contribute to it :)

A bit of info about me: 24, female, Been childfree as early as I can remember, from 4 years old. I love how like-minded you all are and how it really reflects alot of my own personal thoughts. I thought I was alone in feeling the ways I do about kids before I discovered this subreddit. Love you all :)

Anyways, I went on a disney cruise this weekend as I was invited by family to go. They literally purchased my ticket before I could consider. And as I have never gone before, I figured oh what the hell...

Well...

Hell was right. MY GOD. Mombies. Mombies EVERYWHERE. Entitlement soaked the air.

Dont get me wrong the ship itself was amazing. The food was great the service was impeccable, everything was clean and there were lots of fun things to do all the time. But that entitlement though....

I went to the "adults only" section of the ship multiple times, only to find parents sitting and ignoring the children they ignorantly brought inside, while they ran around making a ruckus. I even saw a couple with an infant at THE BAR. I could tell other adults were obviously annoyed but imagine, its Disney. I had hoped that the crew members who OBVIOUSLY saw them would so something but they didn't. Can we really expect anyone at Disney to tell these entitled twats that their kids weren't welcome there?

Skip to another time when I was watching a play on the ship. Behind me sat a family of 4, their kids no older than 2. The kids were RIDICULOUSLY LOUD screaming, crying, commenting on everything in their nonsense babble. The whole time the parents didn't do poo poo. Actually they seemed to encourage it. And at one point they held their baby so close to my backside I turned around and stared untill they removed it and said sorry. Later we found out the parents were drunk.

Another time I was going up the stairs (which are narrow) to my room and a mom carrying a kid tries to cut in front of me. I keep going as I was, not letting her get through in front. Not because it was purposeful but because I will continue going up the stairs Regardless of who you are, I was heading up first. Well, she runs up the stairs to get in front of me, still carrying her kid, and says, passive aggressively, "you have some nerve" loud enough for me to hear. Im walking with my boyfriend and he wasnt paying attention and starts talking about how this is what sucks about disney, they need more elevators. I passive aggressively, staring straight at her, say "thats not the only bad thing about disney". She hears and looks at me. I glare at her and arrive at my floor right in time.

Why Can't others see through this behavior? Why has society allowed these people to act like obnoxious uneducated savages just because they have children? This ruse has to stop. Perhaps it is a call for help?? Idk.

The more I witness crap like this, the more I truly see that, in a time in history like no other, where you can literally do and be anything, they may have chosen one of the unhappiest routes.

P.s. sorry for the length

[RANT] Disney World is the best birth control. (self.childfree)

quote:

I'm serious. With all of the mombies using their strollers to push through traffic and running over people's feet all because their snot beasts are too lazy to walk, or Bratleigh and Snotleigh coughing all over the goddamn parks without covering their mouths, or with people bringing their infants to a fireworks show and becoming confused as to why they start screaming, my hatred of kids and their parents only furthers, as well as my status of childfree. I love Disney, but people get ridiculous.

(Complaining that children exist at Disney things is a running theme there, I wonder why. :thunk:)

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Uh... this seems stupid. Also fake as she says 2 years older but the friend is 19 and he's 18. OP is the 17 year old. Ignoring the probably fake part, as if it is real, it's still dumb. Why is she crying because her friend is talking about how she slept with the dude? Presumably that would have been part of the conversation they had anyway, why does 5 other girls make it so bad?

If OP was the one who'd slept with him, and Friend told 5 girls about it, I could see being upset.
She just embarrassed the hell out of a shy 17 year old girl by talking about how her and the guy she's fawning over banged in every which way. In front of 5 other girls, to make the shaming/superiority play public. If it were said in private, it is a lot less of a blow but still kinda sucks.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Her kids are in their late teens. If she insists that they not see each other and threatens to kick them out over it, they're going to be cutting her out of their life in a couple years when they leave home, not the siblings. Then she's going to be that 40 year old crying that her children don't want to see her.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I blame the children for my double posting

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Uh... this seems stupid. Also fake as she says 2 years older but the friend is 19 and he's 18.
This is true because everyone has the same birthday and even if they didn't no one would dare round a fraction up. :thunk:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Khorne posted:

a shy 17 year old girl

gently caress, right. I'm dumb.

Yawgmoth posted:

This is true because everyone has the same birthday and even if they didn't no one would dare round a fraction up. :thunk:

She was talking about it being creepy. Someone who talks about that is 99% of the time talking about actual hard ages, not time separating birthdays.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Khorne posted:

They didn't say anything because it's not their place and no one should be getting involved in their parents' drama when they're a drat kid.

I'd probably break up with someone over this garbage. Can you not carry a gigantic, lit torch for your ex after you marry me? It happened. Get over it or get out.

My mom thinks my dad cheated on her before their divorce and a few times a year it will get back to my dad that she told some person that he cheated on her and then he comes to me bitching and trying to convince me that he didn't and every time he does I about lose it.

My god this happened years ago, I was in my late twenties when you divorced, I DON'T GIVE A poo poo IF YOU CHEATED OR DIDN'T, IT'S NONE OF MY drat BUSINESS, everyone on earth knew your marriage was toxic at the end, why the gently caress are you trying to drag me into this?

I see it on occasion with friends/acquaintances, so and so cheated on me, I can't be around so and so because he dated was his name and was loving around behind his back, who has time for this bullshit?

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 14, 2017

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Khorne posted:

She just embarrassed the hell out of a shy 17 year old girl by talking about how her and the guy she's fawning over banged in every which way. In front of 5 other girls, to make the shaming/superiority play public. If it were said in private, it is a lot less of a blow but still kinda sucks.

"Hey person I know who sleeps around, tell me about this guy that I know is on Tinder"
"Oh that guy *proceeds to tell about interaction with guy, which consists of sleeping with him*"

I especially like the "I don't care about her sleeping with him" and "I don't care about his history" when the entire problem appears to be how much she cares about his history of sleeping with him. College kids are dumb and naive.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Haifisch posted:

IME there's a huge overlap with people who seriously loving hate children and people who are super immature.

That's Three Olives, though. He hated children before it was cool. Now he's moved on from being outraged that the sounds of children playing outside can be heard from his very expensive condo (because he is very rich and single, you see). Now he's on to unironically calling for the internment of people with disabilities so polite society (as if he has more than a passing acquaintance with the concept) doesn't have to look at or listen to the undesirables.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Haifisch posted:

See also: /r/childfree.
My ex got all on that childfree business and even as much as I did/still hate kids even I went "dude, whoa" at her a couple of times when she'd get super worked up about it. In hindsight yeah she wasn't really mature just more mature than the people around her so she seemed ok at the time.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Haifisch posted:

There is also a huge overlap of people with children that are entitled jackasses that act like having unprotected sex is some sort of accomplishment that forces the rest of us to bow to their convenience because their special children.

If I wanted children I would have children, it's not that difficult, instead I use my time and money to craft the kind of lifestyle I want for myself which means not dealing with your obnoxious child at a nice dinner because your boyfriend forgot to pull out.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lol like you're not an entitled jackass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

There is also a huge overlap of people with children that are entitled jackasses that act like having unprotected sex is some sort of accomplishment that forces the rest of us to bow to their convenience because their special children.

If I wanted children I would have children, it's not that difficult, instead I use my time and money to craft the kind of lifestyle I want for myself which means not dealing with your obnoxious child at a nice dinner because your boyfriend forgot to pull out.

Hey man, I don't know if anyone has ever shared this with you, but it might do you some good: It's not really a big deal if other people have kids.