Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flynn Taggart

I could get behind hockey I think but I've never really tried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I don't watch hockey, but I picked the St Louis Blues as my team since it's the most New Orleans-y sounding team.

Flynn Taggart

I think I would go for the bruins because I've never been to Boston but it seems p cool

The X-man cometh
If you're a big fan of drunk rednecks looking for any excuse to fight, the White Sox are your team.

Monday_

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.

The X-man cometh posted:

If you're a big fan of drunk rednecks looking for any excuse to fight, the White Sox are your team.

I've been a Yankees fan my whole life but they're in decline lately. They'll be better next year when they sign both Hanley Ramirez and Max Scherzer, you know that poo poo's gonna happen.

In New Orleans your closest team is the Houston Astros, but if you're an Astros fan just kill yourself right now.

Also kill yourself if you root for the Red Sox.

The Tampa Bay Rays are a really good team and pretty close to Louisiana, I'd say go with them.

HulkaMatt

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Do you want an American League or National League team?

Flynn Taggart

MondayHotDog posted:

2/3s of my favorite tv shows that reference baseball root for the Red Sox so I root for the Red Sox

Doppelganger

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

HulkaMatt posted:

Do you want an American League or National League team?
I don't really care

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
I am a Yankees fan

That being said there's a lot of baggage that goes with that

You get insta-cred for being a brewers or pirates fan and they are cool teams

HulkaMatt

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Whatever you do just don't root for the Cardinals.

HulkaMatt

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Also a Yankees Fan obv.

Athletics is good choice for AL if you don't want to root for Yanks.

NL I root for Reds & Rockies but Reds are in a rough spot and Rockies have gimmick stadium which leads to over inflated stats of players and a front office that has no idea what they're doing.

ed: Dodgers are cool now that they are owned by people who actually care. Puig rules.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 30, 2014

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

MondayHotDog posted:

:henget:

birds

didn't read thread but cleveland indians

birds

roll god drat tribe y'all

the unabonger
pay attention to the astros. they aren't that great this year and probably wont be great nex year but they're putting together a good farm system and they should eventually have a pretty good team.

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
Expos :canada:

Mac Tonight

aw yeah tahts it man

Macintosh posted:

didn't read thread but cleveland indians

i was going to say this but i can't support this "brohio" thing they have going on

thewizardofshoe

I don't keep up with baseball super well anymore, but I've been a fan of the Texas Rangers since I was a kid.

Lived in Houston, went to Astros games, but was always a Rangers fan.

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp
please don't watch baseball, it's a terrible sport

the unabonger

MondayHotDog posted:

I've been a Yankees fan my whole life but they're in decline lately. They'll be better next year when they sign both Hanley Ramirez and Max Scherzer, you know that poo poo's gonna happen.

In New Orleans your closest team is the Houston Astros, but if you're an Astros fan just kill yourself right now.

The Tampa Bay Rays are a really good team and pretty close to Louisiana, I'd say go with them.

Heres a good article on why being an astro's fan sucks now, but will eventually be very very good:
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24497716/grand-experiment-when-will-new-wave-astros-be-able-to-cut-it

personally, I'm a bay area guy. Born a giants fan, became an A's supporter because now I have to buy my own tickets and the A's are ridiculously inexpensive for me to watch.

Diqnol

Be a Phillies fan with me, we can both be miserable and watch our team lose to the mets in person.

tao of lmao

Let's revisit this thread now that the playoffs have started.

the unabonger
lets go giants, lets go a's

ron color
gently caress yooooou come on royals

the unabonger
nope, go a's

ron color
woooooooo

soybean

lets go hanshin tigers

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Doppelganger posted:

I live in New Orleans, so there's no local team. I've got it narrowed down to either the Astros, the Brewers, the Blue Jays, or the White Sox unless someone can give me a compelling argument. :colbert:

i live in new orleans, also

ron color
fuuuuuuck yeeeeeaaaaahhhh

ron color
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teTgaeKEmKg

ron color
i couldnt afford the copyright to that lorde song

i am he

are the cardinals in the playoffs

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Doppelganger posted:

I live in New Orleans, so there's no local team. I've got it narrowed down to either the Astros, the Brewers, the Blue Jays, or the White Sox unless someone can give me a compelling argument. :colbert:

You should be a dodger fan.

drilldo squirt

i am he posted:

are the cardinals in the playoffs

The boys in blue are, mother fucker.

i am he

drilldo squirt posted:

The boys in blue are, mother fucker.

hell yes go cardinals!!

drilldo squirt

i am he posted:

hell yes go cardinals!!

gently caress you I'm he I'm talking about the Dodgers.

i am he

i feel bad for you r weak teams. they'll crumble before the all mighty red birds. its an inevitability, im sorry. nothing can stop them.

drilldo squirt

Come to dodger stadium and say that punk.

i am he

i'll fly there on the back of my winged team and say it. the cardinals will devour all in their path to becoming world champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

I am he you should not actually say that in dodger stadium because you will have a good chance of some drunk cholos beating the poo poo out of you.

• Locked thread